FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gay Village Mural Homophobic Graffiti

Gay Village Mural Homophobic Graffiti

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amantha_Nite OP   TV/TS 11 weeks ago

The beautiful Lake District

Sad to see the news being reported today that a mural in Manchester's Gay Village,depicting a drag star who appeared on the tv show,Ru Paul's Drag Race,has been defaced for a 2nd time with homophobic graffiti

I was out dressed femme Saturday night and only found the place to be so warm,welcoming and friendly with so many Trans,Straight,bi,Gay people just enjoing themselves...and one loose cannon,clearly twistedly 'enjoying' their self

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS 11 weeks ago

hexham

It is sad that there is still so much bigotry around sexual orientation. But I would rather these arseholes defaced a mural than attempted to deface a real person!

By *pa and dCouple 11 weeks ago

Barnet

It's a sad fact that as the country and so many others lurch to the right, this kind of discrimination is seen as less and less of a problem.

We did it with Brexit and Farage

USA are doing it with Trump,

France are fighting off Marine le Pen

And so many other countries sadly follow.

Bigotry is always wrong. Love is love.

By *immyinreadingMan 11 weeks ago

henley on thames

"It's a sad fact that as the country and so many others lurch to the right, this kind of discrimination is seen as less and less of a problem.

Bigotry is always wrong. Love is love. "

This country is lurching to the right, is it? I must double-check the recent election result

By *ondiego85Man 11 weeks ago

nottingham

"It's a sad fact that as the country and so many others lurch to the right, this kind of discrimination is seen as less and less of a problem.

This country is lurching to the right, is it? I must double-check the recent election result "

She wrote “we DID it with brexit and farage”.

Back to school, learn to read and understand what you read

By *pa and dCouple 11 weeks ago

Barnet

I would say it is lurching to the right. The recent election result was a result of significant tactical voting to get rid of an inept government. Our voting system means there was only one other possible winner.

henley on thames

This country is lurching to the right, is it? I must double-check the recent election result

Back to school, learn to read and understand what you read"

No need to be abusive.

We just had a general election and the country clearly moved left.

henley on thames

"I would say it is lurching to the right. The recent election result was a result of significant tactical voting to get rid of an inept government. Our voting system means there was only one other possible winner."

… so the massive swing to the left was, in fact, a “lurch” to the right?

??

By *lowupdollTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Herts

Back to school, learn to read and understand what you read"

No need to be rude to people.

By *ustAnotherMan 11 weeks ago

Birmingham/ on the road

No way this current brand of labour represent a surge of left. Centre at best, centre right if we're being realistic on who they're allowing to lobby and courting support from.

Voter turnout was very low and targeted to get conservatives out, not to vote labour in.

General accepted discourse, totally going right. Sadly. Or Reform wouldn't have had any where near that vote share.

henley on thames

"No way this current brand of labour represent a surge of left. Centre at best, centre right if we're being realistic on who they're allowing to lobby and courting support from.

Voter turnout was very low and targeted to get conservatives out, not to vote labour in.

General accepted discourse, totally going right. Sadly. Or Reform wouldn't have had any where near that vote share."

Labour are centre right? Seriously?

By *ustAnotherMan 11 weeks ago

Birmingham/ on the road

LABOUR arent. Their policies aren't. This leadership has sat on the fence to avoid alienating, and worked in a direction to some centre right appeal.

What they're not is strong left anymore, they abandoned that to get the opportunity to be elected.

By *cottish guy 555Man 11 weeks ago

London

"I would say it is lurching to the right. The recent election result was a result of significant tactical voting to get rid of an inept government. Our voting system means there was only one other possible winner.

?? "

Let's do the timewarp again.

By *espectfulGuy1Man 11 weeks ago

Northwich

"I would say it is lurching to the right. The recent election result was a result of significant tactical voting to get rid of an inept government. Our voting system means there was only one other possible winner.

Let’s do the time warp again….

(Sorry couldn’t help myself)

?? "

By *ondiego85Man 11 weeks ago

nottingham

No need to be rude to people. "

Much, much need to be straight, honest to the point of being rude to people.

By *amantha_Nite OP   TV/TS 11 weeks ago

The beautiful Lake District

I dont get why this thread has become so politcised now,rather than the hate(for the graffiti hooligan)than the love of another person(the subject of the mural)

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple 11 weeks ago

Somerset

Most of our friends are gay and they are almost to a man, as right wing as they come!

henley on thames

No need to be rude to people.

Much, much need to be straight, honest to the point of being rude to people."

Absolutely not. Please read the forum rules. Rudeness towards other posters is clearly not allowed.

By *obajxMan 11 weeks ago

Cheshire

Probably done by a group of youngsters who are trying out out Alpha each other and no doubt one of them is doing all he can to suppress his bi/gay side

By *ea monkeyMan 11 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

That’s really sad. Most likely a reactive action to sparkle and the recent anti trans sentiments in the election.

Sadly hate is always thrown and it’s been a long situation with anyone within the LGBTQ+ community that we have stones thrown.

But still we rise

By *ackformore100Man 11 weeks ago

Tin town

Lurch to the right? We just had a landslide labour government elected how is that lurching to the right.?

Personally I don't see it as a left or right or centre issue or even a political issue in any way. It's a behavioural and environmental issue with lack of respect and tolerance for all. That includes respect for peoples values even if they are different to your own.

By *tephTV67TV/TS 11 weeks ago

Cheshire

The Gay shop next to Napoleons has had its window smashed a couple of times recently. A few homophobic attacks / abuse reported in the press, not exactly in the village but certainly in the City Centre.

I think some people who previously would’ve kept stum, now feel emboldened to express their opinions more openly now. I certainly believe the last Government had a policy of us and them.

By *needabrewMan 11 weeks ago

the hills

If woke means being nice to everyone then fuck yeah I am woke .

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS 11 weeks ago

hexham

"I would say it is lurching to the right. The recent election result was a result of significant tactical voting to get rid of an inept government. Our voting system means there was only one other possible winner."

A lot of people ( much smarter than me! ) say that today’s Labour Party is more right wing than Margaret Thatcher’s Tory government of 1979!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Stockport

"Sad to see the news being reported today that a mural in Manchester's Gay Village,depicting a drag star who appeared on the tv show,Ru Paul's Drag Race,has been defaced for a 2nd time with homophobic graffiti "

I wonder whether there could be any connection whatsoever with the last ten years or so of tory government and right wing owned newspapers, fomenting hate against trans people? Even on this site, in these very forums, I see many voices that have pre-decided that I, and people like me, are offensive and an enemy of "normal" society values. In this atmosphere I have little surprise that a mural showing a positive depiction of trans people should be defaced.

By *glyBettyTV/TS 11 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

Has closet case vibes written all over it.

How do you take time out of your day specifically to do this particular piece of vandalism?

I'm not interested in rugby, so I won't go to a rugby match just to throw objects at everyone telling them their sport is shit, I just won't watch it. What motivates these people?

Strong closet case energy, and probably on universal credit too..

» Add a new message to this topic