FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gibralter

Gibralter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports of offensive comments by some of the Spanish football team after their deserved Euro win about the future of Gibraltar who are actually making an official complaint to UEFA. Should the Spaniards get it back or was it just high spirits or more ill feeling over Brexit? It's all over the news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eordieJeansCouple 11 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I didn’t think I’d see snowflakes in Gibraltar.

By *abluesbabyMan 11 weeks ago

Gibraltar/Cheshire/London

Its just high jinks, Rodri and co enjoying their moment with the aid doubtless of a few drinks too many, albeit with some misjudged spur of the moment chants. Should the players or Spain face FA sanctions??? No, its the "moment" but maybe a gentle reminder that they have to be careful with rhetoric in public in the future.

The actual cast-in-stone facts are that Gibraltar is most definitely British and has been for many generations now so it is the unequivocal desire of basically every single Gibraltarian (of which I am proud to be one) to remain British. It can even be said that if Gibraltar were to ever to part from the UK (highly unlikely) then Spain would be the last country they would choose to align with, despite them being neighbours.

Chelmsford

"Its just high jinks, Rodri and co enjoying their moment with the aid doubtless of a few drinks too many, albeit with some misjudged spur of the moment chants. Should the players or Spain face FA sanctions??? No, its the "moment" but maybe a gentle reminder that they have to be careful with rhetoric in public in the future.

The actual cast-in-stone facts are that Gibraltar is most definitely British and has been for many generations now so it is the unequivocal desire of basically every single Gibraltarian (of which I am proud to be one) to remain British. It can even be said that if Gibraltar were to ever to part from the UK (highly unlikely) then Spain would be the last country they would choose to align with, despite them being neighbours. "

In the 'moment' like the Spanish guy pecking the lady footballer on the face ?

By *ackformore100Man 11 weeks ago

Tin town

"Its just high jinks, Rodri and co enjoying their moment with the aid doubtless of a few drinks too many, albeit with some misjudged spur of the moment chants. Should the players or Spain face FA sanctions??? No, its the "moment" but maybe a gentle reminder that they have to be careful with rhetoric in public in the future.

The actual cast-in-stone facts are that Gibraltar is most definitely British and has been for many generations now so it is the unequivocal desire of basically every single Gibraltarian (of which I am proud to be one) to remain British. It can even be said that if Gibraltar were to ever to part from the UK (highly unlikely) then Spain would be the last country they would choose to align with, despite them being neighbours.

In the 'moment' like the Spanish guy pecking the lady footballer on the face ? "

Yeah but no but

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS 11 weeks ago

Newquay

Disappointed there was no pithy info re Gibraltar in the OP

Chelmsford

"Disappointed there was no pithy info re Gibraltar in the OP "

Pithy info?

By *r John WickMan 11 weeks ago

The Continental

What’s Gibraltar famous for Tom, your lack of information is sad to read.

By *batMan 11 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Tom Tom,

Are you talking about Gibralter or Gibraltar? It’s not clear from your first post.

Had you only provided a bit of context, an overview, I probably could have worked it out.

Gbat

By *itygamesMan 11 weeks ago

UK

best place to buy cigarettes , £150 for 200 here , £35 in Gibraltar

By *glyBettyTV/TS 11 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

The current champions of the Gibraltar Premier League are called "Lincoln Red Imps"

Chelmsford

"What’s Gibraltar famous for Tom, your lack of information is sad to read. "

Gibraltar or Gib as it is known to the English ex pats is famous for it's baboons or rock apes as some locals call them. The RAF Regiment who guard the airfield there have inherited the nickname, Rock Apes. They are pretty much static guards who ring airfields and do not need to be as fit as the Army Infantry so they are a haven for the more portly and those who can't run far.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS 10 weeks ago

Newquay

"What’s Gibraltar famous for Tom, your lack of information is sad to read.

Gibraltar or Gib as it is known to the English ex pats is famous for it's baboons or rock apes as some locals call them. The RAF Regiment who guard the airfield there have inherited the nickname, Rock Apes. They are pretty much static guards who ring airfields and do not need to be as fit as the Army Infantry so they are a haven for the more portly and those who can't run far. "

Thanks Tom - I'm happy now I know this!

I know several "rock apes" & an RAF recruiter & can concur the raf regiment/ rock ape summary is spot on!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"What’s Gibraltar famous for Tom, your lack of information is sad to read.

Gibraltar or Gib as it is known to the English ex pats is famous for it's baboons or rock apes as some locals call them. The RAF Regiment who guard the airfield there have inherited the nickname, Rock Apes. They are pretty much static guards who ring airfields and do not need to be as fit as the Army Infantry so they are a haven for the more portly and those who can't run far.

Thanks Tom - I'm happy now I know this!

I know several "rock apes" & an RAF recruiter & can concur the raf regiment/ rock ape summary is spot on! "

You are welcome. Tom likes to share his interesting facts and trivia.

» Add a new message to this topic