FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gothic Sunday recommendations

Gothic Sunday recommendations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or-Queening OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Manchester

I'm in a gothic mood today and am therefore in the market for some gothic film recommendations to watch before the football. I like old, black and white films which are not only atmosphere-heavy but can often be found online, but colourful, lavish gothic extravaganzas also welcome - especially if they include naked quivering bosoms, which are always a bonus.

YouTube, archive.org, Daily Motion, Netflix, NowTV, iPlayer, ITVX or All4 recommendations are all welcome.

Thank-you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

I did a gothic film post around Halloween that has a few suggestions. If you type "gothic films" in the forum search it should pop up x

By *lasphemousGirlWoman 11 weeks ago

Cambs

Nosferatu is my absolute classic go too or night of the living dead,

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple 11 weeks ago

kent

The Hunger, might be a good fit, if you can find it. lesbian vampires with Bauhaus on the soundtrack and shot by Tony Scott, so visually gorgeous x

kent

"Nosferatu is my absolute classic go too or night of the living dead,

"

Have you seen the trailer for Robert Eggers remake?

Cambs

Have you seen the trailer for Robert Eggers remake? "

Runs to Google! Noooooo!!!! What! You made my Sunday

kent

Runs to Google! Noooooo!!!! What! You made my Sunday "

I think it’s released on Christmas Day. It’s the film I’m looking forward to most this year

Manchester

"I did a gothic film post around Halloween that has a few suggestions. If you type "gothic films" in the forum search it should pop up x "

Ah yes, I remember.

I did a archive.org search for 'gothic' this morning and a few films I'd not seen came up - I think they're mostly noir that people have tagged as gothic but I'll see. The first one, 1944's Dark Water definitely has a gothic feel so far. A young woman is one of only four survivors of a boat sinking. Left without any family, she is contacted in hospital by relatives she has never met who invite her to live with them in a house out in the middle of a plantation. Lots of dark shadows in the house at night, the wildness of the plantation's grounds...

I also like the look of Strangers In The Night, Jennifer and Sudden Fear. But I'll check that post again in case I missed any interesting suggestions the first time around!

Manchester

"

Have you watched the mini series Midnight Mass? Has Nosferatu vibes. Also the 70s film The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, which was definitelty influenced by Night of the Living Dead.

By *odgers and PartingCouple 11 weeks ago

edinburgh

They are new and not “classics” as such but for me covers Sunday morning easy watching, dark gothic, beautiful costumes, quivering bosoms etc

Van Helsing

Bram Stokers Dracula (with Gary Oldman) and the hottest line ever in a film “I have traveled oceans of time to find you”

Dx

Manchester

"They are new and not “classics” as such but for me covers Sunday morning easy watching, dark gothic, beautiful costumes, quivering bosoms etc

Van Helsing

Bram Stokers Dracula (with Gary Oldman) and the hottest line ever in a film “I have traveled oceans of time to find you”

Dx"

Any film with both Winona Ryder and Monica Belluci (the latter being extremely sexy) will always be worth a watch, but there's a lot to enjoy in that film for less shallow reasons

Cambs

Runs to Google! Noooooo!!!! What! You made my Sunday

I think it’s released on Christmas Day. It’s the film I’m looking forward to most this year "

Mine too now! It looks great. X

By *rPunxMan 11 weeks ago

Hull

Nosferatu definitely, the original night of the living dead, the haunting of hill house,The hunger another good one,(some newer ones) The crow,or thirteen ghosts.or there is always the rocky horror picture show.

» Add a new message to this topic