FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Comfortable in your own skin

Comfortable in your own skin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wist my nipples OP   Couple 12 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Are you? Has this changed over time? Was it a gradual process, or was there a seismic event in your life which changed things?

What does being comfortable in your own skin look like to you?

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asterMeliodasMan 12 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Are you? Has this changed over time? Was it a gradual process, or was there a seismic event in your life which changed things?

Mrs TMN x"

My self-image is definitely better than it used to be when I was younger, but I'm not sure I'd describe it as fully "comfortable" yet. Leaving school, where I was being bullied a lot, and going to college definitely helped.

I did reach a point in adulthood where I was like "Screw it, the only person whose opinion matters is mine." but I still get the odd brain weasel now and again creeping in and telling me I'm ugly and unwelcome anywhere.

By *eneralKenobiMan 12 weeks ago

North Angus

I’m warmer in other peoples skin

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I'm pretty comfortable in who I am and have been for a good few years now.

Over the past year or so I've got a lot more comfortable with how I look too.

I don't recall a particular incident inspiring either.

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

Always been fairly resolute and fully understand my own limitations. It's always given me an internal confidence. I try to keep it under wraps because I get accused of arrogance - can't win really

By *otsossieMan 12 weeks ago

Chesterfield

I was until lockdown.

Less so now as I’m not doing as much sport and would like to get back to where I was.

I have always been comfortable in my own skin, won the lottery in terms of my parents. So that made it easier I think

By *r John WickMan 12 weeks ago

The Continental

Not especially, but I know it’s my own fault, and that it’s in my power to fix.

By *agic johnsonMan 12 weeks ago

morden

At the moment yes , I've lost almost 6 stone ,I'm super chuffed

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 12 weeks ago

chichester

I am very chilled in my own skin ... like having a few tweaks here and there though

By *liza_13Woman 12 weeks ago

Hamilton

For years I wasn’t confident and or comfortable in my own skin but now I can say I love my body yea there lumps and bumps but I’m me and that’s a very good thing!

By *ouple-perthCouple 12 weeks ago

Perth

A lot more now than before we joined fab

Mrs x

No. In my head I’m fat, ugly and uninteresting.

I was given low self esteem very early. It’s the gift that keeps giving.

By *ongandharderMan 12 weeks ago

Rotherham

"Are you? Has this changed over time? Was it a gradual process, or was there a seismic event in your life which changed things?

Mrs TMN x"

I'd say it has more so over time

Now that I have gained a bit of weight got the money to dress how I want

Health is in a good place both mental and physical

I have been before described as the most confidentially unconfident person someone as met

But yeah I'm happy where I'm at and can only get better from here

Yes - er, that's it.

"I am very chilled in my own skin ... like having a few tweaks here and there though "

Nothing noticeable though

By *uffhoundMan 12 weeks ago

Bourne

Always been comfortable in my own skin. I've never let myself be influenced by others or situations. Was lucky enough to have friends who were the same and we always encouraged each other to be ourselves.

By *rsKOTCTWoman 12 weeks ago

Leeds

I'm getting better but I'm not quite there yet, I've gained 4 stone in a relatively short time period & can't shift it at all, my body feels somewhat alien, however I'm loving that I now have some boobs! The rest though it's taking some getting used to.

By *midnight-Woman 12 weeks ago

I've learned to love my own body... But it doesn't stop me feeling ashamed of it when its on display to others

By *icecouple561Couple 12 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've always been comfortable in my own skin as far as my body's concerned. I did for a time in my early fifties believe that body wise I was past it sexually as far as anyone but my long suffering husband was concerned. Apart from that I kind of don't take an awful lot of notice of it until it starts acting up.

Personality and self wise I've had the usual doubts but mostly I'm comfortable with myself

By *lex4660Man 12 weeks ago

Thame

I've always been comfortable in my own skin / body, especially from my teens when certain things became active. That said, now I'm knocking on a bit and the bodywork is looking a little worn from too many miles I worry what others may think somewhat more than I did.

I am newly happy in my own skin. A few weeks ago I went thru a very traumatic situation, that made me question everything about myself. Sad but true.

I now know I'm actually alright, I'm not the fat monster I was left feeling like. I'm enough, I'm a good person and my body is what it is, I'm more than a play thing.

I feel really content with myself and much happier in my own mind now

Mrs xx

I have always been comfortable in my own skin.

I had no hang ups about walking about naked, sex with the lights on, undressing, being at a pool/beach in a bikini, etc. It doesn’t mean I have a perfect body but with all my imperfections I am happy being me without needing to hide.

I can’t think of a time that I wasn’t comfortable in my skin. I think a lot of it has to do with how I grew up.

By *aramel.desiresMan 12 weeks ago

London

Yes very much so. That's despite growing up in an area/culture where I was not the norm. I'm aware that I am an aquired taste but I was not going to change for anyone.

What also helped my confidence was getting a degree. That boosted my confidence 10 fold.

By *punk n gushCouple 12 weeks ago

walmer

Not really no

walmer

"Not really no "

Mr

walmer

Definitely not I'm to big and to ugly diets don't work

By *edeWoman 12 weeks ago

the abyss

Well it covers my bones and muscles pretty well and has enough give and stretch for movement so I guess it could be worse.

Otherwise - no

By *WB85Man 12 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Perfectly happy.

By *eliWoman 12 weeks ago

Increasingly so. It's definitely been something that's happened over time, still a work in progress. Sometimes I'm very comfortable with it, at others, like during my luteal phase, I think it's awful.

I think for me, on a personal level, it'll be when there's body neutrality. No, maybe positivity lite. When I'm not embarrassed or ashamed or trying to take up less space. Just existing. I'll get there soon.

By *ennyleeeWoman 12 weeks ago

Southampton

Never used to be happy in my own skin then met my husband who got me super fit and pretty happy now.

By *ansoffateMan 12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

It's a process that's going on whether I am aware of it or not. I've become more aware over time.

I feel content. The brain static subsides and I hear the noises around me: the birds, wind, rain pattering, distant voices and it sounds like music. It feels rhythmic, like waves and my breathing becomes attuned, I become attuned to it. Some people tell me I am feeling prana, others have different names for it. It's tranquil though, I like that feeling. It's not just comfortable in my skin, I feel I'm a part of the world too.

Then something happens, someone pees on my rug and I have to do a bunch of stuff that takes me out of that moment, for a while.

Sometimes people join me in that moment; sometimes they even stay, that's the really good stuff. With the hugs and sex and sleeping and stuff.

So it's kind of a state of flux, due to emerging internal needs and external interactions. Discomfort is a message that I need to respond to something. Like I'm hungry now so I'm going to go for a walk and get some food.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple 12 weeks ago

kent

Mrs TMN x"

I am, and yes it was a seismic event that, when the dust settled and I began to recover, forced a very different perspective into my mind. Now, I am too busy living my quiet little life to nurture those sorts of insecurities. In they grand scheme, they don’t matter. At all. Xx

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 12 weeks ago

Leeds

I don’t really care about skin, it’s just there to stop my insides from falling out.

Being comfortable in my own mind, now there’s a battle.

The mr

By *hilloutMan 12 weeks ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

In my teen and university years I was very self conscious as I had horrible acne in my back. So bad I'd be ashamed to have my shirt off at all times despite having a good physique.

It certainly affected my confidence around girls / women.

Fortunately a very aggressive treatment sorted it for the most part

Nowadays I'm very comfortable with how I am.

By *otterabzMan 12 weeks ago

Ellon

"At the moment yes , I've lost almost 6 stone ,I'm super chuffed "

That’s fantastic, well done!

By *otterabzMan 12 weeks ago

Ellon

I go through phases. Right now, not particularly. But only I can change that, and I need to get my head into the right frame of mind to do that.

I don’t particularly like the way I look at the mo, as I’ve put some weight on. But at the same time, I go open water swimming weekly with mates, and have no problem letting it all hang out , don’t give a monkeys what anyone else thinks of my flabby bits

By *agatoXXXMan 12 weeks ago

Mordor

I suppose I am, really, it's just that there's more of it these days.

By *ed VoluptaWoman 12 weeks ago

Wirral.

I'm comfortable in myself mentally. Had a few ups and downs over the years, but come through better for it.

Literally, in my own skin? That's a strange one. I'm way fatter and less fitter than I used to be, but I've way more confidence now. Yeah, I still look in the mirror and get repulsed by my body, but it lasts only as long as I stare at it.

I'm fun to be around and that makes my heart swell big enough detract from the size of my belly x

By *ed VoluptaWoman 12 weeks ago

Wirral.

Oh, and as a size 8/10 in my 20's, I hated my "huge" belly. Go figure!

By *d mirerMan 12 weeks ago

lost

I am now , like most I haven’t always been .

Maybe it’s getting older and less hung up about things , maybe it’s just accepting and embracing who I am as opposed to trying to be . Maybe I actually now really don’t give a fuck rather than only appearing to not give a fuck .

Whichever way , being comfortable in one’s own skin is a fortunate place to end up .

By *iberius61Man 12 weeks ago

Pontefract

Actually quite recent for me. For most of my 63 years I've been a regular gym junky, but I was never happy with my build, always seeking more.

Then 5 years ago I swapped to endurance sport (ironman, long distance triathlons). My muscle mass actually went down a bit, but I'm actually happier with my body now than ever before.

By *B69Woman 12 weeks ago

Wiltshire

It’s took some years to accept what I have but I’m happy with it now and confident to show it off

By *irexMan 12 weeks ago

Hertford

Yes. I’m comfortable being naked in front of people, probably as I played a lot of sport when I was younger so the communal changing times and showers there and in the fire service were never an issue.

By *iss.Bella.Woman 12 weeks ago

North Wales

Not really. I was doing well for the first time in a long time, and then I had my daughter. I really wasn't prepared for how much my body has changed. I have better days but for the most part I hate how I look.

By *nkedguy777Man 12 weeks ago

Manchester

No not really tbh

By *inky_couple2020Couple 12 weeks ago

North West

Mrs TMN x"

I'm getting better. I've always disliked my body, especially the bits below the waist, I've never been slim or anything like "ladylike", I've always been chunky, muscly, then more fat and then wonky and disabled and fat.

It's only in fairly recent months that, frankly, external validation by someone who has only ever known the fat and disabled version of me, has bolstered my self esteem and made me revisit my image of myself.

I'm improving with age, but not in the physical sense.

By *lfa RomeoMan 12 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

I used to be a fat kid, so was never happy with my body, was always shy .

Even today, even though I'm not fat anymore, I still have issues

By *avexxMan 12 weeks ago

cheshire

im happy with my body for my age for sure,, i think im a more kinder person and more thoughtful as ive got older,,

By *oupleSeducedCouple 12 weeks ago

Canterbury/Greenwich

Happy and content but I think are always going to be self conscious no matter how good they look. All shapes and sizes are beautiful and I love how encouraging women are towards each other in some clubs we go to in Kent. It really lifts the vibe in the club

By *olgateSmile81Man 12 weeks ago

London

Irony for me is during my 20s I was super fit - but I was more bothered / nervous / self conscious about my appearance than I am now, and there's 20kg more of it now.

Being a bit more wobbly and wrinkly and not feeling any particular need or desire to fight the dying of the light, I feel far more comfortable in my skin. Partly age, partly maturity I guess.

Ironically I have far more success with women these days than I did back then!

By *ellhungvweMan 12 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I am happy with who I am. I focus on the things that matter - family and health - and don’t really care for others opinions.

There are very few things that I can’t change about myself if I _really_ want to change them. If I don’t want to change them then I learnt that just being honest about that and stopping deluding myself was a game changer because it meant I could worry about the things that mattered and ignore the things I don’t really care for.

By *uxom redCouple 12 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Can't say I have ever liked the way my body is .

By *ealitybitesMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

For the first 4 decades of my life I didn't give it much thought but assumed I was completely invisible to women.

Between the ages of 40 and 50 I agonised over why I was invisible and not only how I could change that but if I really wanted to?

Just before turning 50 I had a couple of life changing and life affirming experiences that gave me a whole different outlook and while I can't say I'm 100 percent comfortable in my own skin now I'm certainly more relaxed in it than at any other stage in my life.

I like who I am and I'm not afraid to ask for or to give help if needed.

Posting naked pics is second nature to me now, where before it wasn't ever an option or something I could ever imagine doing.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 12 weeks ago

chichester

"I am very chilled in my own skin ... like having a few tweaks here and there though

Nothing noticeable though "

Ha I have had two boob jobs. Face reconstruction/ feminisation some body tweaks over the years / laser etc along with my hormone treatment.

No filler in face though or Botox

» Add a new message to this topic