FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > England v netherlands.

England v netherlands.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 12 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

Continue here, well done to england, what an exciting game it was, they won with 2-1 and will be in the final too, what did you think of the game?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *w214Couple 12 weeks ago

Wirral

We vexed them in the first half. Obvs Koeman gave them the half time good news and made changes that neutralised us for a period. The subs were sublime but it's just the fuckin anxiety waiting for him to do something!

By *r John WickMan 12 weeks ago

The Continental

Well, Shag, contrary to my prediction of this being a game too far for England….its turned into a potentially legacy defining result.

It was a thoroughly absorbing contest, that either side could have snatched a win from. Fortunately, it was Englands turn tonight.

By *ansoffateMan 12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

It was tough for the Netherlands. A contentious penalty and a last minute goal. They were looking strong in the second half, we were struggling to cope with them in the air. It looked a bit desperate at times.

England pulled it off though and were good for it, played with positivity and belief.

Can we step it up against Spain? Dare we believe?

By *ubie2Woman 12 weeks ago

Marvellous Mids

I felt confident that England would win last night's game and they did, thank goodness! Well done lads, now for the final...fingers firmly crossed!

By *hesblokeMan 12 weeks ago

Derbyshire village

Didn't expect the win, but hoped!

Fingers crossed for Sunday

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

I can’t wait for Sunday, I’ve enjoyed watching the way Spain play, a real joy to watch.

But I fancy England in this game, they have Lady Luck on their side and a momentum that has been building throughout.

Will be a tense game, but England to win 2-1

By *ocktoplaywithMan 12 weeks ago

Derby

The penalty was pivotal, but the guy led with his studs, and well done to the ref for giving it. I think overall England deserved the win, much the better team in first half, and did enough in the second half before the significant substitutions.

By *andG2024Couple 12 weeks ago

Atherstone

Did you finish the ironing lol

By *glyBettyTV/TS 12 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

I've just seen the penalty. That is absolute BS

When I played Saturday football, if you kicked the underside of a tackling players foot, all you would get is bruised metatarsals.

When did this become a foul? It's a 50-50 ball there to be contested for by both players, it's below waist height so high foot doesn't come into it. Where is the foul?

If I was Dutch I'd be demanding an investigation into this referee, who I understand has quite a "colourful" past

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 12 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Is it the FINAL FINAL on Sunday ?

The Continental

"I've just seen the penalty. That is absolute BS

When I played Saturday football, if you kicked the underside of a tackling players foot, all you would get is bruised metatarsals.

When did this become a foul? It's a 50-50 ball there to be contested for by both players, it's below waist height so high foot doesn't come into it. Where is the foul?

If I was Dutch I'd be demanding an investigation into this referee, who I understand has quite a "colourful" past"

Anywhere else on the field and it’d have been blown for a foul. So why not just because it’s in the box?

The Continental

"Is it the FINAL FINAL on Sunday ?"

It’s the only final baby!

If I was Dutch I'd be demanding an investigation into this referee, who I understand has quite a "colourful" past

Anywhere else on the field and it’d have been blown for a foul. So why not just because it’s in the box? "

You could argue Kane has kicked into him as much as he's kicked Kane. Kane got there first, got the shot away & kicked Dumfries studs on his follow-through.

Kane has stayed down for so long that it almost prompted the ref to go to VAR.

By *8on33Man 12 weeks ago

winfrith

Anywhere else on the field and it’d have been blown for a foul. So why not just because it’s in the box?

You could argue Kane has kicked into him as much as he's kicked Kane. Kane got there first, got the shot away & kicked Dumfries studs on his follow-through.

Kane has stayed down for so long that it almost prompted the ref to go to VAR."

I imagine it was quite painful mind having a boot going the opposite way to yours while you try to score a much more valid way to be fouled than the conventional give me a free kick for nothing fouls don't you think?

Kane has stayed down for so long that it almost prompted the ref to go to VAR.I imagine it was quite painful mind having a boot going the opposite way to yours while you try to score a much more valid way to be fouled than the conventional give me a free kick for nothing fouls don't you think?"

Unfortunately I know exactly how painful it is to kick the underside of someone's boot when trying to shoot. If you kick it hard enough, you are basically unable to continue playing.

Kane seemingly recovered within minutes and was ok to take the penalty with the same foot, though

By *8on33Man 12 weeks ago

winfrith

Kane has stayed down for so long that it almost prompted the ref to go to VAR.I imagine it was quite painful mind having a boot going the opposite way to yours while you try to score a much more valid way to be fouled than the conventional give me a free kick for nothing fouls don't you think?

Unfortunately I know exactly how painful it is to kick the underside of someone's boot when trying to shoot. If you kick it hard enough, you are basically unable to continue playing.

Kane seemingly recovered within minutes and was ok to take the penalty with the same foot, though "

True but the initial foul was painfull

By *inky_couple2020Couple 12 weeks ago

North West

If I was Dutch I'd be demanding an investigation into this referee, who I understand has quite a "colourful" past"

Kane had already got the shot off before Dumfries made the contact too. But that's VAR

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man 12 weeks ago

Stourbridge

I didn’t see the game I was driving back from London City airport having been in Holland for 2 days for work.

I heard it on the radio , they said no penalty originally, but, it was given as has happened for and against many times. That’s football.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 12 weeks ago

St Neots

England have been on the wrong end of bad desisions so many times in the past...we have been due good fortune. So foul or no foul. Who gives a shit? We deserved last night's win and even if we didn't get that pen, I'm confident we would have still won in the end.

North West

"England have been on the wrong end of bad desisions so many times in the past...we have been due good fortune. So foul or no foul. Who gives a shit? We deserved last night's win and even if we didn't get that pen, I'm confident we would have still won in the end. "

Not everyone on the forum is English, so we might be interested in the validity of the penalty. That's all.

St Neots

"England have been on the wrong end of bad desisions so many times in the past...we have been due good fortune. So foul or no foul. Who gives a shit? We deserved last night's win and even if we didn't get that pen, I'm confident we would have still won in the end.

Not everyone on the forum is English, so we might be interested in the validity of the penalty. That's all. "

Noone cares what the non-enlglish have to say about the game

North West

"England have been on the wrong end of bad desisions so many times in the past...we have been due good fortune. So foul or no foul. Who gives a shit? We deserved last night's win and even if we didn't get that pen, I'm confident we would have still won in the end.

Not everyone on the forum is English, so we might be interested in the validity of the penalty. That's all.

Noone cares what the non-enlglish have to say about the game "

But people with Dutch ancestry care

By *otsossieMan 12 weeks ago

Chesterfield

" We deserved last night's win and even if we didn't get that pen, I'm confident we would have still won in the end. "

Not convinced.

I thought he made the right move with the subs and the final 10 mins surprised me. Nice to see them actually try and win instead of just passing back and forth.

But extra time and then penalties? Not so sure they’d have held up.

Still think they’ll get trounced in the final.

By *ickshawedCouple 12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I didn't watch the game but was invested in it as I got The Netherlands in the work sweepstake. Looks like that box of chocolates will not be mine

By *eliz NelsonMan 12 weeks ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Was wondering this morning, re a poor past tournament record, whether Southgate has taught England fans to view 'tournament football' in a new manner! Maybe it has taken us a while to adapt!

St Neots

But people with Dutch ancestry care "

Noone cares that people with Dutch ancestry care

North West

I don't care that people with Dutch ancestry care "

FIFY

St Neots

I don't care that people with Dutch ancestry care

FIFY "

I hope you have dutch ancestry for the reason to being so annoying right now

North West

FIFY I hope you have dutch ancestry for the reason to being so annoying right now "

I do. I do. From the east Netherlands

St Neots

FIFY I hope you have dutch ancestry for the reason to being so annoying right now

I do. I do. From the east Netherlands "

Haha that's fair then

[Removed by poster at 11/07/24 12:37:59]

By *ripfillMan 12 weeks ago

havant

I really enjoyed it football is not my thing but got completely addicted

"We vexed them in the first half. Obvs Koeman gave them the half time good news and made changes that neutralised us for a period. The subs were sublime but it's just the fuckin anxiety waiting for him to do something! "
Yes, it was a good game and the substitutions. I am also pleased for watkins as he had a good season at aston villa too

» Add a new message to this topic