FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Work life balance

Work life balance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustfun 1984 OP   Man 12 weeks ago

exeter

Would you continue a job that you hate on a daily basis and struggle to go to work but the money is very good or would you rather leave find work that would be less money but so much less toxic and draining on your life thoughts please x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 12 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

*IF* I could afford it I'd leave with no hesitation. Life is very, very short, too short to spend it in a job you hate

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

"*IF* I could afford it I'd leave with no hesitation. Life is very, very short, too short to spend it in a job you hate"

Totally agree

That doesn't take any thinking about.. leave, find something that you enjoy. Money is nice, but sanity and health are so much better.

By *rimson_RoseWoman 12 weeks ago

Tamworth

I've dropped 12k to do it - I was lucky to be in a position to be able to afford it. I've never once regretted doing it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We sold our house and downsized to do it.

It does very much depend on your circumstances though.

By *midnight-Woman 12 weeks ago

I'm in a similar predicament - not enamoured with my current job.. Retirement is a possibility for me, so that's my plan, unless something more fulfilling occurs in the next 4 years

By *carlet SeductionWoman 12 weeks ago

Maidstone

I did it. I really flipping hated my job in the financial services. Took quite a paycut and I've been with the company 7 years. So so much happier. I don't come home crying everyday anymore. I love the company I work for and the people I work with. I couldn't really afford it financially when I did it, but had to do it for my mental health and wellbeing.

By *ivilised matureMan 12 weeks ago

Barnes sometimes Dulwich Village

I'm happier now I'm retired after nearly 50yrs on the building site

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple 12 weeks ago

Sunderland

We've made drastic moves to do things we enjoy more. Sometimes taking enormous reduction in salary. Luckily we've always been fairly low maintenance and have managed to build back up tp previous salaries in new role.

Mr

By *r John WickMan 12 weeks ago

The Continental

I gave up work to do the stay home dad job.

I fuckin love it.

It’s hard financially, but it’s awesome to watch mini wick become a wonderful girl.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 12 weeks ago

somewhere

I left a job last year, it was toxic, I wasn't happy and I recognised (as I was working in care) that it was having a negative impact, I found another job to go too but didn't have a start date, handed my notice in and was due to go on holiday and come back and work another couple of weeks but I could see a part of me becoming so unhappy and didn't want to risk something happening that I couldn't come back from, so I asked to leave when I went on holiday, they let me and then the other job fell through, I was unemployed for a few months but my god, I know I made the right decision.

I absolutely loved working with the older generation, apart from my job I'm in now, it was one of my favourites but to get to that level you could feel yourself wanting to shout at a resident (through no fault of their own) you know it's time to walk away, it broke me but I knew I had too.

By *lowupdollTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Herts

I’ve done it several times, though later than I should have done and when my mental health was at breaking point.

By *affron40Woman 12 weeks ago

manchester

I had to change industry after a horrible injury. I took a punt on a job with a massive pay cut but was in a sector I was passionate about. 5 years later and we are moving to a 4 day week and my next pay rise will see me comfortable at last. Best move I ever made.

By *irkby coupleCouple 12 weeks ago

Kirkby

I hate my job, it’s not particularly well paid but the hours are great. Most days I leave for work at 7:45 and I’m home before 4pm and I can claim up to £7 for my lunch (with a receipt).

The company car given to me is a pile of shit (Kia Sportage PHEV).

The way I see it, the more I put into work, the less I do else where. I love being at home (or not in work) so don’t mind the money, I could earn a lot more but then I’d have to work for it.

By *andC1000Couple 12 weeks ago

Ashford

"That doesn't take any thinking about.. leave, find something that you enjoy. Money is nice, but sanity and health are so much better. "

this. Sanity, health and family are much more important than money.

By *rHotNottsMan 12 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Easy one, fix it or leave.

Never forget the power you have to fix or change things

You are working for a long while so you need to do a job you enjoy. If you dont it will effect your mental health and the people you love. Leave and enjoy life. You will cut your cloth to your new income.

By *ripfillMan 12 weeks ago

havant

I was very lucky … very to retire early and still do some consultancy work with is great now !

Stuff I like to do in restoration and conversation all with oak and other Spp

After issues domestically it’s great but I am so lucky

The message is clear = your a very long time dead

Grab life + grab Fab

By *roplifeMan 12 weeks ago

Perth

I had to move on from a job where the leadership was highly toxic and the stress was affecting my mental health. It was a job with decent prospects from promotion and pay rises, but none of that mattered in the end. My sanity had to come first.

I was lucky to move to a job on the same pay scale but have lost the promotion and pay rise prospect. I am now able to get a full nights sleep again so totally worth it!

By *ellhungvweMan 12 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I struggle to see why I would do anything if I truly hated it unless I had no other opportunity. You always have other opportunities.

By *lfa RomeoMan 12 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

I left my job 15 years ago. Started my o n business, and never looked back

By *angOnBunnyCouple 12 weeks ago

Ipswich

"Would you continue a job that you hate on a daily basis and struggle to go to work but the money is very good or would you rather leave find work that would be less money but so much less toxic and draining on your life thoughts please x "

Exactly the position Mr is in. Hates the job he used to move, but while we work on other options, need the cash flow. Such a drain on the mental health

By *hrek101Man 12 weeks ago

Herts

In the last 18 mths was made redundant, got what seemed like a great job straight away, hated it so quit in 8mths, then exactly one year to the day got offered a great role with my old company for lots more money. Karma,

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple 12 weeks ago

kent

I wouldn’t last three months doing something I didn’t enjoy. I’m just not able to do things like that. Even at university I used to rewrite the projects and send them back to my tutors if I thought they were boring. The whole ‘9-5 in a job you hate so you can buy shit you don’t need’ has never been a big part of my life x

By *glyBettyTV/TS 12 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

Find another job that fits around your lifestyle more.

Your time is a resource you can never get back. Don't waste it sticking it out in a job you hate.

The only exception to that is if you have additional financial responsibilities aka children.

Even then, your kids are just going to have to accept they can only get one PS5 game for their birthday instead of 2. Tell them to get a paper round

By *avincorkMan 12 weeks ago

Cork

"Find another job that fits around your lifestyle more.

Your time is a resource you can never get back. Don't waste it sticking it out in a job you hate.

The only exception to that is if you have additional financial responsibilities aka children.

Even then, your kids are just going to have to accept they can only get one PS5 game for their birthday instead of 2. Tell them to get a paper round "

Exploitation of children in the workplace. But i agree with fact children seem to Have expectations that far outreach the purse content.x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Find another job that fits around your lifestyle more.

Even then, your kids are just going to have to accept they can only get one PS5 game for their birthday instead of 2. Tell them to get a paper round

Exploitation of children in the workplace. But i agree with fact children seem to Have expectations that far outreach the purse content.x "

They always have. I couldn't understand why my parents didn't immediately book another holiday at the end of a particularly enjoyable one. I simply had no idea of the money it must have cost

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 12 weeks ago

St Neots

I'm never working a job I hate ever again, rather be penniless

I have always worked to support my life and my wife. Most of my jobs have been okay and I've met some great people along the way but hugely stressful with long hours and away from my family alot - net result was divorce and kids I have a tenable relationship with.

I've been more selfish with my latest job, took a two level demotion. Cut the stress out of my life and I can walk to work from the bed of the most beautiful person I've ever met in my life.

» Add a new message to this topic