FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Kefalonia - Greece

Kefalonia - Greece

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rSmith9 OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Norwich/London

Has anyone ever been to kefalonia? Heading there soon and wanted to know if there’s anything I should definitely see or do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aui.Man 12 weeks ago

around here

I'm assuming you are staying in the south west, in which case for dinner, drinks etc Argostoli and Lassi.

I'd recommend a visit to Ammes beach. Lovely beach and it's fun seeing the planes come in to land.

I'd also recommend hiring a car. It's easy to get around. And a drive up to Assos and Fiskardo is something that should be done.

By *a LunaWoman 12 weeks ago

South

It’s a beautiful place all over, I went a good few years ago now and stayed in Skala. The only thing I didn’t like about the place was the roads. I found the coach trip to and from the airport to our accommodation to be pretty hair raising as there were lots of steep winding roads, sharp bends and nowhere to pass and when you’re in a coach it wasn’t fun.

But once we got to our holiday destination we stayed in that area and just explored locally rather than hiring a car.

Might have all changed since I went though, as it was about 2009 ish.

Enjoy!

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

Beautiful island I stayed in Fiscardo which was stunning , I would recommend hiring a car though as said roads are mot the best

By *vaRose43Woman 12 weeks ago

Forest of Dean

Stayed for a month in Ketalios many years ago. Absolutely loved it, check out where the locals are eating and go there. Turtles hatching on the beach is something not to be missed if you are lucky enough to see it

By *8on33Man 12 weeks ago

winfrith

"Has anyone ever been to kefalonia? Heading there soon and wanted to know if there’s anything I should definitely see or do? "
Smashing plates in a Taverna gotta be worth a go

By *iredhandMan 12 weeks ago

Manchester

Have visited Kefalonia on a number of occasions but not for several years now. Always stayed in Skala which was a nice laid back resort. It might be a bit busier now as there has been quite a bit of development since then. Like others I would definitely hire a car to explore the island.

» Add a new message to this topic