FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mobile phone-less for weekend

Mobile phone-less for weekend

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ickie76XXX OP   Man 14 weeks ago

dartford

I was in such a rush today to get out the office I left both my work and personal mobiles in the office. It’s locked up and I won’t be able to get them until Monday morning. It’s only been a few hours and it’s surprising how much revolves around our phones these days. I’ve never done it before so never experienced it before.

Begs the question is it a good or bad thing we are so reliant on our mobiles?

Has anyone else had to endure 60 hours phone less?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eroLondonMan 14 weeks ago

Mayfair

So you have gone from mobile phones to a...computer?

By *midnight-Woman 14 weeks ago

I have mine on silent to try to only dip in on my own timetable .. I think I'd love not being a sl*ve to it, but I'd probably be jittery after the first few hours

dartford

"So you have gone from mobile phones to a...computer? "

No I have my old iPhone 8 that as long as I am indoors with wifi I can log in here via internet but this is all I can do. No apps or email or anything on this one and no current phone numbers etc etc funnily enough I don’t just use my normal phone to log in here lol. It’s the little thing like I thought I would ring my son to let him know but I have no clue what his number is as we don’t have to even remember them now do we. In fact other than when you first put the number in you don’t see it again so you. It’s just the names we use.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"So you have gone from mobile phones to a...computer?

No I have my old iPhone 8 that as long as I am indoors with wifi I can log in here via internet but this is all I can do. No apps or email or anything on this one and no current phone numbers etc etc funnily enough I don’t just use my normal phone to log in here lol. It’s the little thing like I thought I would ring my son to let him know but I have no clue what his number is as we don’t have to even remember them now do we. In fact other than when you first put the number in you don’t see it again so you. It’s just the names we use. "

So...you're not actually without a phone

dartford

No I have my old iPhone 8 that as long as I am indoors with wifi I can log in here via internet but this is all I can do. No apps or email or anything on this one and no current phone numbers etc etc funnily enough I don’t just use my normal phone to log in here lol. It’s the little thing like I thought I would ring my son to let him know but I have no clue what his number is as we don’t have to even remember them now do we. In fact other than when you first put the number in you don’t see it again so you. It’s just the names we use.

So...you're not actually without a phone"

This has no number and all I can do is connect to internet. I can’t call anyone and no one can call me and I can’t use it as a phone so to say just to get on internet. It’s completely different from having my actual phone. If I went out I would lose the wifi as it’s not on a phone network.if that makes sense.

No I have my old iPhone 8 that as long as I am indoors with wifi I can log in here via internet but this is all I can do. No apps or email or anything on this one and no current phone numbers etc etc funnily enough I don’t just use my normal phone to log in here lol. It’s the little thing like I thought I would ring my son to let him know but I have no clue what his number is as we don’t have to even remember them now do we. In fact other than when you first put the number in you don’t see it again so you. It’s just the names we use. "

I still use an iPhone 8 and .. um .. it still runs apps and has the internet and everything.

I’m feeling old now .. you’re talking like it’s some old obsolete tech from the Stone Age!

By *ornycougaWoman 14 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

This has no number and all I can do is connect to internet. I can’t call anyone and no one can call me and I can’t use it as a phone so to say just to get on internet. It’s completely different from having my actual phone. If I went out I would lose the wifi as it’s not on a phone network.if that makes sense. "

Makes perfect sense. I am currently WiFi only and will be for the next month or so until I re-enter the Schengen zone. I'm quite enjoying having my days free of any disruption or distraction

dartford

I still use an iPhone 8 and .. um .. it still runs apps and has the internet and everything.

I’m feeling old now .. you’re talking like it’s some old obsolete tech from the Stone Age! "

Lol no it’s not that this is just an older phone I had there’s nothing wrong with the phone in that sense but it isn’t functioning as my actual phone would as like I say it’s not connected to a network like ee or whatever and it has none of my stuff on it. Maybe I’m making it sound worse than it is then.

This has no number and all I can do is connect to internet. I can’t call anyone and no one can call me and I can’t use it as a phone so to say just to get on internet. It’s completely different from having my actual phone. If I went out I would lose the wifi as it’s not on a phone network.if that makes sense. "

Well yes, I'm quite intelligent I can get that.

I'd say the main use of a phone is the internet. I wouldn't miss talking to people but I'd miss browsing Amazon.

dartford

This has no number and all I can do is connect to internet. I can’t call anyone and no one can call me and I can’t use it as a phone so to say just to get on internet. It’s completely different from having my actual phone. If I went out I would lose the wifi as it’s not on a phone network.if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense. I am currently WiFi only and will be for the next month or so until I re-enter the Schengen zone. I'm quite enjoying having my days free of any disruption or distraction "

Wifi only would be ok but I assume you probably have apps and things that you use day to day that you don’t really appreciate. I have nothing on this so basically the only thing I can use it for which I would normally do is log in here. So not all bad.

About 4/5 years ago I broke my phone and didn't replace it for over a year. It was blissful not having a whirring beeping attention seeking piece of shit plastic in my pocket all the time.

By *ot to giggleWoman 14 weeks ago

Coventry

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no phone ... at all!!!!!!!!!!!

By *eah BabyCouple 14 weeks ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

I left Wills in the car once at Manchester airport, we were away for two weeks, ooops

» Add a new message to this topic