FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Great British Tea

Great British Tea

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 6 days ago

Chelmsford

Tom just back from a foreign wedding and missed his favourite cup of English tea. They only served UHT milk with their tea and coffee and even worse, the orange juice for some reason is just squeezed from fruit and no pasteurization, added vitamins or sugar. Tom avoided that too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *d mirerMan 6 days ago

lost

I always wonder why people ruin a perfectly serviceable cup of tea by putting milk of any variety in it .

Just slide the squeezed orange juice over here Tom

By *a LunaWoman 6 days ago

Wales

Can’t beat that first cup of tea at home after a trip away. Refreshes the cockles.

Hope you enjoyed the Wedding Tom

By *he love catsCouple 6 days ago

South Wales

So Tom you hate milk if it's been pissed about with and hate orange juice if it hasn't?

By *d mirerMan 6 days ago

lost

"So Tom you hate milk if it's been pissed about with and hate orange juice if it hasn't?"

By *heGateKeeperMan 6 days ago

Stratford

Typically stick to coffee abroad for this reason

By *viatrixWoman 6 days ago

Redhill

Tea is minging here or abroad.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 6 days ago

St Neots

First time I've ever seen anyone complain that there orange juice is freshly squeezed

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 6 days ago

somewhere

I can't stand uht milk, we have them at work obviously being a hotel but I always take my own, makes my tea and coffee taste weird

By *icecouple561Couple 6 days ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It was a sad day when Sunny D was removed from sale.

My nephew once drank so much that he started to take on am orange tinge.

By *a LunaWoman 6 days ago

Wales

"It was a sad day when Sunny D was removed from sale.

"

By *2000ManMan 6 days ago

Worthing

I've stopped putting milk in tea. I have green, ginger and ginger+lemon where milk is not added anyway.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 6 days ago

St Neots

"First time I've ever seen anyone complain that there orange juice is freshly squeezed "

*their

Sorry had to correct myself! Ew

By *nnCeeWoman 6 days ago

East Surrey

"First time I've ever seen anyone complain that there orange juice is freshly squeezed

*their

Sorry had to correct myself! Ew"

I do like freshly squeezed, unbastardised juice, but I also don't like the bloody bits (a very unfortunate incident on a 13 hour plane journey and the smell of the "breakfast" put me off )

By *nnCeeWoman 6 days ago

East Surrey

Agree that "plastic" (UHT) milk is pretty grim. Almost as grim as fresh from the cow warm milk.

Actually.

No.

My stomach is turning at the memory.

I'll take the UHT.

Chelmsford

These Europeans seem to sabotage coffee and sacrifice orange juice. In a hot country bacteria dreads rapidly. Orange juice needs to be pasteurized and whiw they are at it then add essential vitamins and sugar to make it more palpable

By *allerthanaverage79Man 6 days ago

Ayrshire

"Can’t beat that first cup of tea at home after a trip away. Refreshes the cockles.

Hope you enjoyed the Wedding Tom "

Cockles, in tea?!

Ayrshire

Freshly squeezed orange juice? How very dare they!!!

Ayrshire

I am Tom's complete lack of surprise!

By *cotsguyyMan 6 days ago

Belfast

I love making my own juice, fresh squeezed orange is amazing, especially with a squeeze of fresh lime in it.

Chelmsford

It's ok freshly made and immediately consumed. These continentals leave it out far too long with the risk of flies and roaches

By *cotsguyyMan 6 days ago

Belfast

Stick it in a bottle or something with lid.

Chelmsford

"Stick it in a bottle or something with lid. "

Lids do not stop bacteria breeding

By *agatoXXXMan 6 days ago

2nd door on the right.

"Tom just back from a foreign wedding and missed his favourite cup of English tea. They only served UHT milk with their tea and coffee and even worse, the orange juice for some reason is just squeezed from fruit and no pasteurization, added vitamins or sugar. Tom avoided that too. "

Imaging making orange juice from oranges. Damned savages.

By *rHotNottsMan 6 days ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I've stopped putting milk in tea. I have green, ginger and ginger+lemon where milk is not added anyway."

Have you tried green with mint leaves ( Moroccan tea) ? So good

By *T SwingersCouple 6 days ago

Brazil

UHT is all that is available in Brazil unless you buy direct from the farm and heat it up yourself.

Down to my last 6 Yorkshire tea bags

By *ustamanMan 6 days ago

weymouth

Turmeric tea, just don't spill it

By *iving Bi a TryMan 5 days ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Turmeric tea, just don't spill it "

I first read this as "Don't spit it!"

I'm a European, living in Europe. If I make my own tea, no milk of any sort goes anywhere near it.

The coffee is good when out and about, but again, no milk, thank you very much!!!

Gbat

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 5 days ago

Chelmsford

"Turmeric tea, just don't spill it

I first read this as "Don't spit it!"

I'm a European, living in Europe. If I make my own tea, no milk of any sort goes anywhere near it.

The coffee is good when out and about, but again, no milk, thank you very much!!!

Gbat"

Thought Batty was Welsh and not a European. The Welsh left Europe after the Brexit thing a decade ago

By *iving Bi a TryMan 5 days ago

"Thought Batty was Welsh and not a European. The Welsh left Europe after the Brexit thing a decade ago"

Tom Tom must think more deeply!

I have two nationalities. I’m British and Irish, but these days I only hold an Irish passport.

But even so, Tom must surely know Brexit was the withdrawal from a Union. (It’s the U in EU). The UK did not magically relocate nor declare itself a new and separate continent.

The UK remains firmly in Europe.

Gbat

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 5 days ago

Chelmsford

"Thought Batty was Welsh and not a European. The Welsh left Europe after the Brexit thing a decade ago

I have two nationalities. I’m British and Irish, but these days I only hold an Irish passport.

But even so, Tom must surely know Brexit was the withdrawal from a Union. (It’s the U in EU). The UK did not magically relocate nor declare itself a new and separate continent.

Gbat "

England is an island off and separate to Europe. We all voted to leave those buggers..

By *moothshaftMan 5 days ago

Coventry

I always remember to take my Yorkshire tea with me.

We won two world wars by drinking tea!!

By *agatoXXXMan 4 days ago

2nd door on the right.

"Thought Batty was Welsh and not a European. The Welsh left Europe after the Brexit thing a decade ago

Gbat "

You are forgetting the myth of english exceptionalism. They don't need anything from Johnny Foreigner.

By *iving Bi a TryMan 4 days ago

"You are forgetting the myth of english exceptionalism. They don't need anything from Johnny Foreigner."

But as Thomas pointed out, I’m Welsh, not English.

Gbat

By *lynJMan 4 days ago

Morden

Gbat

England is an island off and separate to Europe. We all voted to leave those buggers.."

But Tom, you like the French.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 4 days ago

Chelmsford

"You are forgetting the myth of english exceptionalism. They don't need anything from Johnny Foreigner.

But as Thomas pointed out, I’m Welsh, not English.

Gbat "

Don't forget that the Welsh fought for the English in both world wars .

Chelmsford

Gbat

England is an island off and separate to Europe. We all voted to leave those buggers..

But Tom, you like the French. "

Yes Glyn .. Tom ate something called Moules Marniere once with French Fries which are like our chips only skinnier so absorb more fat. They served it with 'garlic bread'. Tom was quite surprised. Bread and Garlic Butter. Please try it Glyn. You would not think it goes together but it does and was blooming lovely and you can mop up the juices in your bowl with it.

"Don't forget that the Welsh fought for the English in both world wars ."

I think people were fighting for themselves Tomskie!

In fact now I think on it more, weren’t the English fighting for the Welsh? How will we ever know???

Either way, thank goodness the Russians beat the Germans and the Americans nuked the Japanese into submission. The Brits were fucked otherwise.

Gbat

Chelmsford

The Welsh also fought for the English at Rourkes Drift in South Africa. Michael Kane did a documentary about it.

The Welsh fought with the English at Rorke's Drift.

At that time, the regiment was an English regiment, The 24th Regiment of Foot. It didn't become the South Wales Borders until a couple of years later.

"Of the 122 soldiers of the 24th Regiment present at the Battle of Rorke's Drift, 49 are known to have been of English nationality, 32 were Welsh, 16 were Irish, one was a Scot, and three were born overseas. The nationalities of the remaining 21 are unknown." (Wikipedia)

Zulu is a great film and two of my grandfathers served in SWB during the second world war. But at the time of that battle, it wasn't a particularly Welsh regiment, despite what popular culture would have you believe.

Tomble, you normally do better research than this! It'll end up all over the Fab news!

Gbat

Chelmsford

"The Welsh fought with the English at Rorke's Drift.

At that time, the regiment was an English regiment, The 24th Regiment of Foot. It didn't become the South Wales Borders until a couple of years later.

"Of the 122 soldiers of the 24th Regiment present at the Battle of Rorke's Drift, 49 are known to have been of English nationality, 32 were Welsh, 16 were Irish, one was a Scot, and three were born overseas. The nationalities of the remaining 21 are unknown." (Wikipedia)

Zulu is a great film and two of my grandfathers served in SWB during the second world war. But at the time of that battle, it wasn't a particularly Welsh regiment, despite what popular culture would have you believe.

Tomble, you normally do better research than this! It'll end up all over the Fab news!

Gbat"

Please dont insult Michael Kane

By *hortishblondeWoman 4 days ago

Essex

I don't like tea

By *lynJMan 4 days ago

Morden

Gbat

Yes Glyn .. Tom ate something called Moules Marniere once with French Fries which are like our chips only skinnier so absorb more fat. They served it with 'garlic bread'. Tom was quite surprised. Bread and Garlic Butter. Please try it Glyn. You would not think it goes together but it does and was blooming lovely and you can mop up the juices in your bowl with it. "

I've had Moules marinières and agree it's a delicious dish. It's the national dish of Belgium too.

By *insBadMan 4 days ago

& around

"I can't stand uht milk, we have them at work obviously being a hotel but I always take my own, makes my tea and coffee taste weird "

You drink enough of it, you get used to it

By *insBadMan 4 days ago

& around

"It was a sad day when Sunny D was removed from sale.

"

Sunny D, a marketing phenomenon!!!

By *insBadMan 4 days ago

& around

The great Irish debate

Barry's or Lyons tea...

By *agatoXXXMan 4 days ago

2nd door on the right.

Gbat

Yes Glyn .. Tom ate something called Moules Marniere once with French Fries which are like our chips only skinnier so absorb more fat. They served it with 'garlic bread'. Tom was quite surprised. Bread and Garlic Butter. Please try it Glyn. You would not think it goes together but it does and was blooming lovely and you can mop up the juices in your bowl with it.

I've had Moules marinières and agree it's a delicious dish. It's the national dish of Belgium too.

"

"French" fries were invented in Belgium.

By *ark n kimCouple 4 days ago

durham

Yorkshire tea.no better.

By *agatoXXXMan 3 days ago

2nd door on the right.

"Yorkshire tea.no better."

I used to like the tea, but then they changed to those shitty bags that just burst.

» Add a new message to this topic