FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do guys not read your profile propperly

Why do guys not read your profile propperly

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *haiababe OP   Woman 14 weeks ago

North devon

So i want to know why some guys dont read your profiles properly. Now i dont judge people for their reasons. But my profiles states thay i dont want to meet anyone who is in a relationship where their partner is unaware of their playing around.

So why in the last few weeks have 2 guys ive been talking to for a while both said that they are attached right before we were due to meet.

Please bare in mind that i have talked to these guys for weeks not days so they have had plenty of time to double check my profile and back out ahead of time.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lowupdollTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Herts

They probably did read it, but decided they are the exceptions.

By *agnar73Man 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

They’re probably looking at the pics with their dick out.

By *andPextraCouple 14 weeks ago

North West

Id say 97 out of 100 dont read our profile. Standard behaviour on here i’d say

By *ira2024Woman 14 weeks ago

South West

I am in the same boat.. it’s just frustrating that people deliberately choose to waste my time..

By *quirrel!Man 14 weeks ago

x

They tried it on anyway.

They read it but didn’t believe it! - some that say it have still gone with attached guys because they’re hot!

By *essTTWoman 14 weeks ago

Birmingham

Lots of people don't read profiles

Including single women and couples

I don't think it's a male specific thing

They either don't read or they do and decide that their desire to meet you is greater than respecting your preferences

By *essTTWoman 14 weeks ago

Birmingham

I had a couple message me today saying the M wanted to meet me but could message me on his single profile because of filters

So they do read but don't care

By *uenevereWoman 14 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I think most men or visual so look at the photos, get hard and send stupid messages.

If I'm on Fab on a Friday night I often get several such messages. I'm not meeting at the moment and when I do meet as a single, I don't meet men.

By *ickie76XXXMan 14 weeks ago

dartford

I agree with the post above it’s not that they didn’t read it they did but they are liars and totally disrespectful of your preferences.

As the post above says. Probably sitting there with their cock out with no intention of ever meeting and knowing they had the ultimate get out clause although this would take a level of forward thinking which I doubt they had.

It’s frustrating as all that time wasted could have been spent getting to know someone genuine. Trust me I know how annoying this is.

North devon

Well i have edited my profile so it is the 1st thing there. But i dont get it. One of the biggest things before decided to meet someone is reread the profile.

By *ichasMan 14 weeks ago

southside

Because why read a manuscript then get bumped off or ignored

By *aked2sumCouple 14 weeks ago

local

Yep wouldn’t believe how many bearded hairy guys message us when we specifically say NO hairy guys and NO beards . Simple read of the profile would save there time

By *aked2sumCouple 14 weeks ago

local

"Yep wouldn’t believe how many bearded hairy guys message us when we specifically say NO hairy guys and NO beards . Simple read of the profile would save there time "
Their time ( before the spelling police check in )

By *onkeynutWoman 14 weeks ago

somewhere

They either didn’t read it or most likely chose to ignore it because they wouldn’t get what they wanted (you) if they didn’t.

It will never change so all you can do is try to filter them out (it does become fairly obvious quite quickly tbh).

By *quirrel!Man 14 weeks ago

x

On the flip side, I wonder how many have broken their own rules? -perhaps another forum thread!

It’s a bit like -“don’t do married” - is Bradley Cooper married?……….

By *portyGuyMan 14 weeks ago

Burbage

Have had no end of women not reading the profile too! After quickies etc

By *oeBeansMan 14 weeks ago

Derby

Meh, people don't read profiles and there's nothing that's going to happen to stop that. As a good man once said, charge it to the game

By *eroLondonMan 14 weeks ago

Mayfair

"So i want to know why some guys dont read your profiles properly."

·

Because 'guys' are illiterate and blind to the power of words, dear damsel. Women squander their words and grammar like yesterday's confetti, only for their handcrafted profiles to be ignored in their entirety by quim-hungry men.

By *issmorganWoman 14 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

It's true people don't read profiles, it's not just men though to be fair.

I've had couples who want bi fems message me for ffm, I'm straight.

I've also had messages from women and winks, despite me not looking for anything but single men (when meeting).

I don't knowingly meet attached men, so I always ask if I get chatting to someone. The responsibility shouldn't just be on you, but do you ask them op.

I do get your frustrations though, if someone doesn't want to meet anyone cheating, others should have checked that and not message.

Sadly many don't care and will lie about it or hope they'll be an exception.

By *melia DominaTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

In its basic form males are visual. Females a emotional.

Men look to images before looking to emotional connections through text.

Women look to substance and text to get an emotional connection then visual stimulus.

Just the way it is.

By *ark n kimCouple 14 weeks ago

Durham

We tend to treat it as a really effective filter.

Usually if they can't accommodate is an indication that they are attached.not always the case,but most of the time.

Myself the male half,I read all profiles all the way through if they are of interest to us,and I have the attention span of a carrot.

By *r PantyMan 14 weeks ago

Morpeth

Oh the trials of life eh ?

Whatever next ?

By *iddlesticksMan 14 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

Because it’s shit.

Absolutely only a joke please don’t crucify me, genuinely couldn’t resist.

It can’t be what I really think as I haven’t read your profile.

By *naswingdressWoman 14 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Meh, people don't read profiles and there's nothing that's going to happen to stop that. As a good man once said, charge it to the game "

North devon

"On the flip side, I wonder how many have broken their own rules? -perhaps another forum thread!

It’s a bit like -“don’t do married” - is Bradley Cooper married?………."

Although i do suppose there is that its just frustrating after investing time in chatting and although i do gemerally meet for coffee 1st, by the time i agree to meet it means im heavily interested.

North devon

"We tend to treat it as a really effective filter.

Usually if they can't accommodate is an indication that they are attached.not always the case,but most of the time.

Myself the male half,I read all profiles all the way through if they are of interest to us,and I have the attention span of a carrot.

"

Yes i do the same. This one did have can accommodate. Cos often when they say they cant and havent provided a reason in their profile i tend to ask the reason why they cant.

By *ubcdverykinkyMan 14 weeks ago

Bourne lincs

And cpls do the same. It's what 95% of people on here do.

By *earmegrowlMan 14 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

If people see I've looked at their profiles and not messaged it's because I always read them and if I'm not for them I don't message why waste another person's time and my own

North devon

"If people see I've looked at their profiles and not messaged it's because I always read them and if I'm not for them I don't message why waste another person's time and my own "

Exactly. I have also decided to add a code word request to the bottom of my profile and see what happens.

By *aylorMan 14 weeks ago

Fife

Id say, if they have read your bio, they think they are the exception and can change your mind with their charm and banter because how could you refuse.

Players in the real world, we all know at least one

I bet their approach works with some people away from fab aswell as on fab so why would they change a winning formula.

Just saying, not approving....

By *aylorMan 14 weeks ago

Fife

"If people see I've looked at their profiles and not messaged it's because I always read them and if I'm not for them I don't message why waste another person's time and my own

Exactly. I have also decided to add a code word request to the bottom of my profile and see what happens."

I can understand your frustration as you have specifically stated it, I canny stand dolly mixtures by the way

North devon

"If people see I've looked at their profiles and not messaged it's because I always read them and if I'm not for them I don't message why waste another person's time and my own

Exactly. I have also decided to add a code word request to the bottom of my profile and see what happens.

I can understand your frustration as you have specifically stated it, I canny stand dolly mixtures by the way "

Well it was some of my favourt sweets growing up. And it seemed as good as any to use.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 14 weeks ago

somewhere

Experienced this, didn't find out they were married until after the event and I asked why (as don't hate me but it didn't bother me) and they said "because a lot of women don't like to meet attached", hope that answers your question on that one OP.

My profile is more than clear but I lose count the amount of messages that I get saying "nice profile, wanna meet?". I could turn messages off or hide my profile as it means I can still use the forums but I see it as a bit of a challenge of how many messages can I get in a day and how many actually read it lol.

By *ittlebirdWoman 14 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"Meh, people don't read profiles and there's nothing that's going to happen to stop that. As a good man once said, charge it to the game "

^^ this 100%

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 14 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"So i want to know why some guys dont read your profiles properly. Now i dont judge people for their reasons. But my profiles states thay i dont want to meet anyone who is in a relationship where their partner is unaware of their playing around.

So why in the last few weeks have 2 guys ive been talking to for a while both said that they are attached right before we were due to meet.

Please bare in mind that i have talked to these guys for weeks not days so they have had plenty of time to double check my profile and back out ahead of time. "

By dint of wh at you say - you've had time to check them out too. Did you?

Men like pictures and women that say yes. They are not too interested with the finer detail

By *r John WickMan 14 weeks ago

The Continental

Sadly, you’ll never stop it from happening, no matter how much complaining is done about it. It’s a thing that’s endemic to a large portion of the Fab population. There’s not you can do to filter it out, unless you’re prepared to block everyone from messaging and do your own search and contact.

By *he turned me GreyCouple 14 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Because cunts walk amongst us

Mr

By *rsKOTCTWoman 14 weeks ago

Leeds

Neither do couples & women, it's not just a guy problem

By *ouple4voyeurCouple 14 weeks ago

Birmingham

Had many say they have read it in the past yet since changing it sunday. Answers to their questions we're in our profile lol then had Winks and friends requests. Yet again never even read the first few lines.

Tend to block all of the above.

By *ripfillMan 14 weeks ago

havant

Despite being draw into videos and pictures first like a bunny in the headlights of an oncoming car it’s fundamental I read the profile two / three times - it’s hard to read the profile first …. And not dive straight into the pictures…

I still might fab the pictures however but unlikely to message unless there is a real spark to ignite the firework factory

I totally understand OP’s point - I have been guilty of this in my formative days on fab ( sorry )

By *he KakapoMan 14 weeks ago

A nice rock

I zoned out about 1/3 of the way through. I can't speak for the rest of my gender

By *ealitybitesMan 14 weeks ago

Belfast

"Yep wouldn’t believe how many bearded hairy guys message us when we specifically say NO hairy guys and NO beards . Simple read of the profile would save there time "

I've lost count of the number of messages I've received over the years from women and couples either asking me if I would shave my beard off to meet them or telling me I had to or I couldn't fuck the wife.

I had never spoken to any of them before. They were all very well verified and some even had on their own profile in capital letters that they didn't meet single men under any circumstances.

I've had multiple messages asking to meet at short notice despite what it says on my profile about chatting before a social and in more recent times asking to meet and completely ignoring the very first line of my bio.

Some people believe that they are the exception to the rule and some believe that men should be grateful for any contact and therefore be open to any and all offers.

By *herrybakewellCouple 14 weeks ago

Staffordshire

I think it's not just men.

The amount of couples that we chat with for a while and then move to whatsapp and then say they didn't know that's what we are looking for.

This lifestyle is both fun and extremely frustrating at the same time.

By *amanthabWoman 14 weeks ago

UK

I don’t know how you can message someone without absorbing their whole profile. Many don’t read mind properly and just get deleted/blocked.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

It turns out there are people who read profiles and then ignore what they say. Because some people are like that.

And then there are people who ignore what their own profiles say! Like the women with ‘NO MARRIED OR ATTACHED MEN’ on their profiles who message me and say ‘… but you’re different’ or ‘… oh I just say that to keep the dickheads away’.

It’s almost as though people are complicated and will just do whatever they want in the spur of the moment.

By *indergirlWoman 14 weeks ago

somewhere, someplace

I'd say some just either don't read it or choose to ignore, my very first line on my profile is Not meeting at the moment....a good 75% of the messages I've received have been asking if I want to meet, and that's from all types of profile.

By *imisugarWoman 14 weeks ago

Rugby

"They probably did read it, but decided they are the exceptions. "

I'm convinced it's this- the rules you set for yourself don't apply to them. Baffling and they have both definitely wasted your time.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 14 weeks ago

chichester

They only read enough to wank

North devon

"Experienced this, didn't find out they were married until after the event and I asked why (as don't hate me but it didn't bother me) and they said "because a lot of women don't like to meet attached", hope that answers your question on that one OP.

My profile is more than clear but I lose count the amount of messages that I get saying "nice profile, wanna meet?". I could turn messages off or hide my profile as it means I can still use the forums but I see it as a bit of a challenge of how many messages can I get in a day and how many actually read it lol."

Put i do specify that i dont want to meet attached guys. I dont ever judge any one who does cheat or meet attached everyone has their own rules and reasons. Its more that i have states so and they jave talked to me for weeks either not reading my profile propperly, or just thinking the rules dont apply to them

North devon

"They only read enough to wank "

Lol probably.

By *d4fun73Man 14 weeks ago

Shipley

Women don't read my profile either!

By *herry delightWoman 14 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

Why are you surprised !

Most men on here are in a relationship and if it's an issue why didn't you ask the question?

If you had weeks of meetings you had plenty of time.

North devon

"Why are you surprised !

Most men on here are in a relationship and if it's an issue why didn't you ask the question?

If you had weeks of meetings you had plenty of time. "

We had weeks of talking not meeting, it came out before out 1st meet. And it is more of the fact that he either didnt read or chose to ingnore something on my proifle. His profile didnt scream any of the usual attached signs. Didnt use the word discreet said he could accommodate.

By *ex HolesMan 14 weeks ago

Up North

#allmen

By *rBobbMan 14 weeks ago

Birmingham

I will always read a profile. I actually enjoy doing so. Recently I have discovered that reading between the lines is also important.

By *earmegrowlMan 14 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Exactly. I have also decided to add a code word request to the bottom of my profile and see what happens."

dolly mixture,

And I used to have a key word on my old couples profile, the amount of guys that never read the profile, I used to say if your profile says your straight too your message will be deleted and that was at the top of the profile and they still tried their luck lol

» Add a new message to this topic