FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dulcet tones

Dulcet tones

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or-Queening OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Manchester

Inspired by the topic about voice notes I was wondering - when it comes to fancying someone, how big a part if a person's voice in your attraction? When you exchange messages with someone, do you imagine what that message would have sounded like if they'd sent it as a voicenote? Do you ever have expectations which prove to be wrong when you hear their voice for the first time?

I must admit I find a person's voice to be a quite important part of their attractiveness. That could be velvety-smooth, or warm, or particularly expressive. A voice that I want to hear almost regardless of what it is saying - although of course, what is being said is very important too

Is a person's voice important to you to? Or does it not matter to you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ot to giggleWoman 14 weeks ago

Coventry

i didnt think that it really mattered but actually i think now that it does have an impact. I think its not so much the sound of the voice but also the words that are coming out of their mouths. So a mix of not sounding how it was expected and then the intonations and words that are used. Some have been an absolute no go

By *ripfillMan 14 weeks ago

havant

Afternoon OP

It’s incredibly important to hear the spoken sound intonations!

Mono tone is just grey !

Accents are lovely and mine is a slight Cumbrian with a smooth and gentle lit so I am told

Sound is one of the key senses which we all relate too deep in our physiological processing systems

By *affron40Woman 14 weeks ago

manchester

Voice is really important. I love how you can kinda feel what someone saying by the way they say things. Accents fascinate me. I do t think there are any I don’t like. Regional language and accents are fabulous. I love a good local saying. My closest mate from here originally is proper Yorkshire and years down the line his voice still makes me chuckle. At my first social here, many moons ago, I got nicknamed Boddingtons so that kinda sums up my dulcet northern sound.

By *or-Queening OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Manchester

"Voice is really important. I love how you can kinda feel what someone saying by the way they say things. Accents fascinate me. I do t think there are any I don’t like. Regional language and accents are fabulous. I love a good local saying. My closest mate from here originally is proper Yorkshire and years down the line his voice still makes me chuckle. At my first social here, many moons ago, I got nicknamed Boddingtons so that kinda sums up my dulcet northern sound. "

I've heard your voice on a video clip and I can say that your voice is like Manchester distilled. Which is obviously a good thing.

By *ell GwynnWoman 14 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Most people have pleasant enough voices, and it's unusual for someone to have a really off-putting one. Very occasionally I'll encounter someone who can turn me on simply by reading out a shopping list.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

Voices are a deal breaker for me, you can have everything else but if I don't like your voice, it's a no.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

You know the film Grown Ups, when the go to the waterpark and the wives eye up the guy, he walks over and then.....

That voice is a definite no for me

By *oeBeansMan 14 weeks ago

Derby

I don't think voices have ever been a problem for when it comes to fancying someone. Some are more of a turn on that others but maybe I'm not too fussed because I know mine sounds fucking awful

By *eliWoman 14 weeks ago

I can fancy someone without finding their voice incredibly sexy. It just kind of exists and I grow to like it because it belongs to them. Sometimes, and it's very rare admittedly, I find myself more attracted to someone because their voice is hot. The accent, the timbre, the tempo of speech.... It all works and I find myself wanting to hear them saying all sorts of things.

I do like imagining how someone sounds, hearing their voice as I read their messages, voicenotes etc but... it's not a real substitution for hearing them in person. That delightful intonation, the emphasis, the expressive way of articulating something, the passion that comes through.

I guess voices are important to me, sort of. Most, like Nell said, have a pleasant enough voice. Someone with a sexy voice though? I'm putty in their hands.

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman 14 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

Yep, a guy's voice matters.

I met a guy on a dating app once and after messaging for a while decided it was time to actually talk on the phone. As soon as I heard his voice I knew nothing would ever happen.

By *artfordBlokeMan 14 weeks ago

Dartford

Definitely matters to me, there's a girl I work with who's very attractive indeed, sadly she only speaks in sergeant major, I've lost count of the times I've had to remind her I'm in the same room.

I'm a proper sucker for a southern Irish accent, I used to drink in an Irish owned pub and the land lady's daughters could give me a semi just telling me the time!

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 14 weeks ago

somewhere

I went through a phase of the person calling me beforehand as I met with a guy once and his voice just didn't do it for me

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 14 weeks ago

St Leonards

We're living like in the dulcet vita,

Hmm, gonna dream tonight.

By *eltCuteMightDeleteWoman 14 weeks ago

Reading

Voices are really important to me - there are some people who I was only mildly attracted to then heard their voice and my attraction skyrocketed. There have been others where the voice killed any attraction entirely.

I'm sure it goes both ways though, I imagine my accent/voice is off putting to some.

» Add a new message to this topic