FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Exodus Begins!

The Exodus Begins!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    14 weeks ago

Because of the recent surge in transphobia. The media and politicians equally to blame. There is a growing movement of Trans people leaving the UK. I have four friends who have left to live abroad, in the last month or so. I was wondering if people feel that maybe it's a good thing? As I'm thinking about moving out soon. Or should I stay and as someone said to me on this site yesterday "man up!"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackformore100Man 14 weeks ago

Tin town

"Because of the recent surge in transphobia. The media and politicians equally to blame. There is a growing movement of Trans people leaving the UK. I have four friends who have left to live abroad, in the last month or so. I was wondering if people feel that maybe it's a good thing? As I'm thinking about moving out soon. Or should I stay and as someone said to me on this site yesterday "man up!""

Do what you feel is best for you. If you think it's better somewhere else. Go give it a try. Whats the worst that can happen? You'll experience different things in different cultures. Go for it.

By *avexxMan 14 weeks ago

cheshire

stay here ignore ignorant plonkers,,

By *r John WickMan 14 weeks ago

The Continental

Why would you leave a decision like that to a bunch of strangers in the internet?

By *ellhungvweMan 14 weeks ago

Cheltenham

OP I think you need to do what is best for you.

Genuine question: where would you go? I have lived all over the world and whilst I fully accept this country feels intolerant to many, I genuinely struggle to think of many other countries that would be more tolerant. Everywhere has issues and many (most?) countries would make the life you want to live much much much harder.

Tin town

"Because of the recent surge in transphobia. The media and politicians equally to blame. There is a growing movement of Trans people leaving the UK. I have four friends who have left to live abroad, in the last month or so. I was wondering if people feel that maybe it's a good thing? As I'm thinking about moving out soon. Or should I stay and as someone said to me on this site yesterday "man up!""

Where did your 4 friends choose to relocate to? Are they happier in their new location?

By *avinaTVTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

No-one should tell you what to do. Make your own mind up based on what you think is best.

20 years ago my wife and I emigrated from South Africa. We heard all the comments about the grass not being greener; we were running away; the country wasn't that bad; there was crime everywhere; we owed our skills to the country that nurtured us; etc. etc.

We also received plenty of support.

But ultimately, WE had to decide what was best for our future, and our child's. This is your choice.

"Why would you leave a decision like that to a bunch of strangers in the internet? "

I'm not asking for permission! I'm asking people to think about why people like me are leaving.

By *andi da ThrushTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Round the Corner

"Why would you leave a decision like that to a bunch of strangers in the internet? "

To prompt conversation and debate?

Just a theory

"Why would you leave a decision like that to a bunch of strangers in the internet?

To prompt conversation and debate?

Just a theory"

Exactly!!!

By *ansoffateMan 14 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

It's such a toxic phrase 'man up'. Turn off your emotions, brilliant solution - I can't see that causing any problems. Rising male suicide - wonder if there's a connection - nah.

Beneath the veneer of civility here there's so much prejudice growing. It seems medieval at times: the crops failed - burn the witch. The lack of respect for individual liberty is shocking. Hate crimes rising across the board.

I see people celebrating D-day, but then pissing on the graves of those who sacrificed fighting against intolerance and injustice for the rest of the year.

I don't want to be here myself and I don't face anywhere near the levels of injustice others face. Just seeing it occur and so many either revel in it or bury their heads in the sand is enough for me. And that's before I rant about the rising precariat or crumbling infrastructure.

An excellent statement that moved me to tears. Just a little!

Telling an intersex person to " Man up!" Is incredibly ignorant.

Thank you x

Sagittarius A

"An excellent statement that moved me to tears. Just a little!

Thank you x"

I lived in Bath a long time ago, Snow Hill. That walk back from the Hat and Feather was a killer! Compared to where I grew up - Bath was so diverse. It was a city that took pride in that, calling itself a melting pot. Sure there was a Parochial scrumpy swilling 'I'll muck your lands.' element, but even that was more that cheeky west country tongue-in-cheek humour than any venomous hatred. People got on; were intrigued by difference, not fearful of it. It opened my mind living there.

You are very welcome, thank you for speaking up and I hope whatever you decide: the future is brighter for you. X

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 14 weeks ago

chichester

The dream would be to have our own country / own army / government / systems and just be left alone. Trade with countries for business/ science / tech advancement / tourism and that’s about it .

Alas this wouldn’t be enough for most of the anti trans babble as it’s our mere existence that is the issue ultimately.

They soon would be screaming to attack a trans country through fear we want to invade

Transsexual Transylvania

"An excellent statement that moved me to tears. Just a little!

Thank you x"

Yeah, words fail me. What do you say to something so crassly ignorant and intolerant.

Transsexual Transylvania

"The dream would be to have our own country / own army / government / systems and just be left alone. Trade with countries for business/ science / tech advancement / tourism and that’s about it .

Alas this wouldn’t be enough for most of the anti trans babble as it’s our mere existence that is the issue ultimately.

They soon would be screaming to attack a trans country through fear we want to invade

"

In our pink tanks and our fabulous rainbow camo?

By *naswingdressWoman 14 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm so sorry

By *layfullsamMan 14 weeks ago

Solihull

If anyone thinks living abroad will give them a better life just do it.

Tomorrow’s never promised

chichester

"The dream would be to have our own country / own army / government / systems and just be left alone. Trade with countries for business/ science / tech advancement / tourism and that’s about it .

In our pink tanks and our fabulous rainbow camo? "

lol I think many of the anti trans brigade forget that thousands of us trans people globally have served in militaries / combat theatres over the decades or still serve .

Tbh purple would be ok for parades , the English have red coats purple with gold trim and wings would look awesome

Tin town

"Why would you leave a decision like that to a bunch of strangers in the internet?

I'm not asking for permission! I'm asking people to think about why people like me are leaving."

Because you want to. Who knows why? Perhaps the grass is greener elsewhere

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 14 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

'A recent surge in transphobia'? Where ? In what way? If anything I feel people are more educated and more open to it ?

chichester

"Because of the recent surge in transphobia. The media and politicians equally to blame. There is a growing movement of Trans people leaving the UK. I have four friends who have left to live abroad, in the last month or so. I was wondering if people feel that maybe it's a good thing? As I'm thinking about moving out soon. Or should I stay and as someone said to me on this site yesterday "man up!"

'A recent surge in transphobia'? Where ? In what way? If anything I feel people are more educated and more open to it ?"

I think a bulk of public just don’t care either way as it doesn’t affect them but alot of news media and politicians are using it as sexy politics to get votes / fire up division and keep the public infighting rather than looking at real world problems. Instead of focussing on 0.08% of the population that ultimately has no baring for most people in day to day.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 14 weeks ago

Reading

That's OK we will have swarms from the us whose lives will be made untenable . This world is going to hell in a handbasket.

"Because of the recent surge in transphobia. The media and politicians equally to blame. There is a growing movement of Trans people leaving the UK. I have four friends who have left to live abroad, in the last month or so. I was wondering if people feel that maybe it's a good thing? As I'm thinking about moving out soon. Or should I stay and as someone said to me on this site yesterday "man up!"

'A recent surge in transphobia'? Where ? In what way? If anything I feel people are more educated and more open to it ?"

If you haven't personally witnessed the surge as I put it. Does that mean it hasn't happened? A bit like the recent ecolli outbreak. I didn't get it but I do believe it may have happened. For goodness sake you don't have to believe anything. But it is happening.

"More open to it." "More educated"

Quite true that in some sectors of the UK. There does seem to be a little more knowledge about how different people can be.

"More open to it" is a kind remark. But rather condescending and annoying. Many trans people find it insulting. I have a friend who is female to male trans. The amount of aggression she attracts is shocking.

Thank you everybody for all your messages. It was really interesting to have some things confirmed. Have a great week. X

By *icecouple561Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't feel it's a good thing if *anybody* feels they need to leave this country due to feeling unsafe for any reason.

By *icecouple561Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 30/06/24 17:01:37]

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Stockport

It would make my year, hell make my century, if on Thursday the right wing cunts that have been driving this intolerance are voted out of existence. I don't want them to just lose the election, I want the party to be punished so hard that it becomes extinct. Then if the Bravermans and Badenochs and Sunaks and all the others that have spouted transphobic poison were to fuck off to the southern states of the US, or to Russia, or to any other hellholes where they can be with similar haters, England would become a far more pleasant place to live.

I actually believe that the great majority of the ordinary people in this country would not give a toss about trans people one way or another, if it hadn't been for the blatant lying and constant abuse that has been pushed from the very top in order to distract from the crappness and corruption of the tory government.

Thursday just might be the start of striking out the spite that has been infecting England. Unfortunately so much damage has been done in the last 14 years that I fear I'll have gone to my grave before it can all be put right. But at least I hope that it will be on it's way. Polly xxx.

By *lowupdollTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Herts

"It would make my year, hell make my century, if on Thursday the right wing cunts that have been driving this intolerance are voted out of existence. I don't want them to just lose the election, I want the party to be punished so hard that it becomes extinct. Then if the Bravermans and Badenochs and Sunaks and all the others that have spouted transphobic poison were to fuck off to the southern states of the US, or to Russia, or to any other hellholes where they can be with similar haters, England would become a far more pleasant place to live.

I actually believe that the great majority of the ordinary people in this country would not give a toss about trans people one way or another, if it hadn't been for the blatant lying and constant abuse that has been pushed from the very top in order to distract from the crappness and corruption of the tory government.

Thursday just might be the start of striking out the spite that has been infecting England. Unfortunately so much damage has been done in the last 14 years that I fear I'll have gone to my grave before it can all be put right. But at least I hope that it will be on it's way. Polly xxx."

Polly you nailed exactly what’s been going round my head, and said it better than I could.

By *icknmix500Man 14 weeks ago

South Gloucestershire

bye

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"It's such a toxic phrase 'man up'. Turn off your emotions, brilliant solution - I can't see that causing any problems. Rising male suicide - wonder if there's a connection - nah.

Beneath the veneer of civility here there's so much prejudice growing. It seems medieval at times: the crops failed - burn the witch. The lack of respect for individual liberty is shocking. Hate crimes rising across the board.

I see people celebrating D-day, but then pissing on the graves of those who sacrificed fighting against intolerance and injustice for the rest of the year.

I don't want to be here myself and I don't face anywhere near the levels of injustice others face. Just seeing it occur and so many either revel in it or bury their heads in the sand is enough for me. And that's before I rant about the rising precariat or crumbling infrastructure."

Well said. Hate that toxic phrase too!

By *he KakapoMan 14 weeks ago

A nice rock

I am quite curious as to where the OPs frinds have relocated to.

Seems like these culture war politics are on the rise in most countries atm

chichester

Op gone unlos

By *lowupdollTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Herts

"Op gone unlos "

She sent me a message then went unlos before I could reply. I hope she’s ok.

By *amantha_NiteTV/TS 14 weeks ago

The beautiful Lake District

" As I'm thinking about moving out soon."

Blimey that was some removals company OP used,9hrs and gone

Sagittarius A

It's the polarisation, due to the reactionary backlash. There's hate and it's rising in young people too. Always a good barometer - they hear what their parents say in private then take it to the echo chambers online.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

Looking at how the election is going in France I'm guessing the OP and their friends haven't gone there.

By *ash0000Man 14 weeks ago

Southwest

" As I'm thinking about moving out soon.

Blimey that was some removals company OP used,9hrs and gone "

That’s what you call a service

By *idnight RamblerMan 14 weeks ago

Pershore

"Looking at how the election is going in France I'm guessing the OP and their friends haven't gone there."

There's always Saudi, there's a warm welcome awaiting

By *agatoXXXMan 14 weeks ago

Mordor

" As I'm thinking about moving out soon.

Blimey that was some removals company OP used,9hrs and gone

That’s what you call a service "

Sunackered will be booking them shortly.

» Add a new message to this topic