FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Download vs Glastonbury

Download vs Glastonbury

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ipshit69 OP   Man 4 days ago

COVENTRY

While I concede that Glastonbury and its 1,000s of plastic hippies is the most attended UK festival.

Why does such beige music and the people get wall to wall media coverage when Download the Uks 2nd most attended festival doesn’t get a mention. Even on local tv when the main news topic that day is Mrs Smith and her giant primrose bush

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *laytime_13Woman 4 days ago

Lincs

It’s a shame sky arts don’t do their DL coverage anymore, I used to look forwards to that a few weeks later.

And invariably watch and discover a band I hadn’t seen that I felt I should have

Glasto is a freak, there’s nothing else like it.

I guess you can say that a bit about DL but actually there’s some much crossover with reading/leeds (based on this years lineup anyway), slam dunk and a little bit bloodstock some years.

It’s special to me but not special enough I guess for tv for Joe bloggs general public, whereas Glasto very much caters for the masses.

I like the radio 1 round up on the rock show a week or two after, not the same but there’s usually a good recap.

By *r John WickMan 4 days ago

The Continental

Because rock and metal is spewed from the spawn of satan and therefore should never be heard by innocents. The BBC is far too square to broadcast the big D

Says the man that played Slipknot to his unborn daughter.

By *ty31Man 4 days ago

NW London

I think Download (and metal music) is more niche so attracts a smaller (but more devoted) audience.

Pop music by it's definition appeals to the masses in the way that Macdonald's or Starbucks do.

Also, the Glastonbury festival is so long running and established that it's become a bit of a "bucket list" thing to.

Finally, I think Glastonbury is a bit like an iceberg- it's so big that the interesting parts of it (smaller stages, lesser known acts etc) are hidden away.

COVENTRY

"It’s a shame sky arts don’t do their DL coverage anymore, I used to look forwards to that a few weeks later.

And invariably watch and discover a band I hadn’t seen that I felt I should have

Glasto is a freak, there’s nothing else like it.

I guess you can say that a bit about DL but actually there’s some much crossover with reading/leeds (based on this years lineup anyway), slam dunk and a little bit bloodstock some years.

It’s special to me but not special enough I guess for tv for Joe bloggs general public, whereas Glasto very much caters for the masses.

I like the radio 1 round up on the rock show a week or two after, not the same but there’s usually a good recap."

The time spend last year trying to find the sky arts coverage

COVENTRY

"Because rock and metal is spewed from the spawn of satan and therefore should never be heard by innocents. The BBC is far too square to broadcast the big D

Says the man that played Slipknot to his unborn daughter. "

Which song ?

By *r John WickMan 4 days ago

The Continental

"Because rock and metal is spewed from the spawn of satan and therefore should never be heard by innocents. The BBC is far too square to broadcast the big D

Which song ?"

People = Shit

COVENTRY

Which song ?

People = Shit "

Preparing the child for the real world

Hats off to that

By *arlot o scaraWoman 4 days ago

Hell

Because the line up at download has been consistently dreadful since about 2016

COVENTRY

"Because the line up at download has been consistently dreadful since about 2016 "

In your opinion ?

Or is this a fact only you knew about ?

By *mileyculturebelfastMan 4 days ago

belfast

"Because the line up at download has been consistently dreadful since about 2016 "

They're all safe and boring these days. The fact some people imagine slipknot are an extreme band shows how bad things are.

COVENTRY

"Because the line up at download has been consistently dreadful since about 2016

They're all safe and boring these days. The fact some people imagine slipknot are an extreme band shows how bad things are. "

You mean like

Slipknot are now an Extreme cover band ?

Curry could do More Than Words beautifully I’m sure

I think you’re on to something here

» Add a new message to this topic