FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Going for it...

Going for it...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman 1 week ago

When it comes to Fab (or general life if you want a good waffle), what stops you going from what you want?

Reaching out to the person you find attractive, saying yes to a social, flirting with them etc.

If you're good at going for what you want...

What advice would you give? Have you always been that way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anBerksMan 1 week ago

Berkshire

FAF, OP?

Whenever I try the direct approach it always fails miserably

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 1 week ago

Carlisle usually

Usually, an assumption that they wouldn't be interested in the same way that I'm interested

By *illan-KillashMan 1 week ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"When it comes to Fab (or general life if you want a good waffle), what stops you going from what you want?

Reaching out to the person you find attractive, saying yes to a social, flirting with them etc.

What advice would you give? Have you always been that way? "

Generally I've read their biog and know I'm not what they're looking for. Also read the veris, if they're all from xyz age, build, looks, I know I'm not their type.

So why bother?

By *parkle1974Woman 1 week ago

Leeds

In all honesty, nothing does.

What's the worst that can happen?

If it's the thought of rejection (on here) then this site may be the wrong place for that person.

If it's in general life, if you don't ask you don't get...shoot your shot.

You only live once!

By *restonguy1981Man 1 week ago

preston

Be open and honest to everyone and especially yourself.

Say exactly what you want to say because regret and lost chances are easily avoidable.

You may not succeed every time but you never will if you don’t take those chances in the first place

By *r John WickMan 1 week ago

The Continental

These days, nothing stops me, unless I read something in the bio that would categorically rule me out of their preferences.

By *restonguy1981Man 1 week ago

preston

"In all honesty, nothing does.

If it's the thought of rejection (on here) then this site may be the wrong place for that person.

You only live once!"

Love this!

By *mmaleiaWoman 1 week ago

East Northamptonshire

I go for it, we’re all adults, if I like someone, I let them know

By *parkle1974Woman 1 week ago

Leeds

"I go for it, we’re all adults, if I like someone, I let them know"

By *ell GwynnWoman 1 week ago

North Yorkshire

On fab, nothing. I can deal with rejection.

In life? There are lots of things I've had to pass up because I need to carefully pace myself in order to avoid autistic burnout. It's annoying, yes I get fomo, but I have to be realistic about my limits. On the occasions when I've ignored the shutdown warning signs and ploughed on regardless, I've regretted it. Plus I was terrible company for those around me. A startled-looking mute is no fun to be around

"FAF, OP?

Whenever I try the direct approach it always fails miserably "

Is that because people think you're being your usual jovial self and don't take you too seriously?

By *heBelladonnaWoman 1 week ago

Central London

I am unafraid of rejection in general. On here, I would tell myself they’re missing out and carry on if I was rejected. It wouldn’t dampen my day, or experience on the website.

In general life, I guess I don’t think about not getting what I want. One of my best friends says I always get what I want, and the rare times I don’t, it’s not from lack of trying.

This may make me seem really arrogant. I don’t see it that way. Direct and confident, yes.

"Usually, an assumption that they wouldn't be interested in the same way that I'm interested "

Do you ever say fuck it and try anyway? Or is the assumption more based on some sort of "proof"?

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 1 week ago

St Leonards

On here, if someone ticks enough boxes I'm comfortable approaching them.

I can take and administer rejection equally.

In general life, only financial constraints (I don't have a spare £400,000 for the Icon A5 I would like, and would invest in eco co-operatives first anyway...just).

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 1 week ago

Carlisle usually

"Usually, an assumption that they wouldn't be interested in the same way that I'm interested

Do you ever say fuck it and try anyway? Or is the assumption more based on some sort of "proof"?"

I try to examine my assumptions generally to identify where they come from and the reasoning behind them.

I won't say I always feel my interpretations are entirely justified. But I'm aware of when that's more or less the case than usual.

Sometimes there are enough compelling factors for me to say fuck it and give it a try anyway. But it's rare for someone to strike me that way

By *harismatic_SapiophileMan 1 week ago

commutable in the NW

Great question.

I’m inclined to agree *Mainly with Prey, some salient points shared.

I could write a detailed response but it would be war and peace.

By *oody BMan 1 week ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

The last couple of years tought me to go for it. Good people are far between, and happy times are rare so when I see a chance to enjoy something with someone I have to speak up nowadays because of YOLO and all that jazz.

I want good memories, I don’t want regrets.

By *lexm87Man 1 week ago

Various

Reality, but not knowing what you want till it's too late is how I feel.

You only really understand life in retrospect.

By *midnight-Woman 1 week ago

"When it comes to Fab (or general life if you want a good waffle), what stops you going from what you want?

Reaching out is very easy, but then the reality of aging bodies kicks in and general nerves kick in!!

commutable in the NW

*however that said; im totally receptive to others declaring their interest!! 100%

By *rsKOTCTWoman 1 week ago

Leeds

I just go for it, the people I want to meet or like I'm chatting to or meeting.

It's taken me a while to get my confidence to a point of just going for it though but I've been pleasantly surprised by the responses.

Seems some people do think I'm attractive, who'd have known.

By *erfHerder74Man 1 week ago

Greenock

Usually distance

By *ensuallover1000Man 1 week ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m shy

By *ansoffateMan 1 week ago

Sagittarius A

Presently it's mostly situational, I've got so much on that's all serious and adultingy that I am questioning whether I have the headspace to give another sexual relationship the time and involvement it would deserve or require.

I've had a couple of situations where that's been the case lately, so I am a bit hesitant about getting involved on a level I can't sustain.

The situation is temporal so I look at it as that I just need to be a bit disciplined get it sorted and then that should free up time. It's frustrating at times though.

By *mf123Man 1 week ago

the space between spaces

With people im not shy in saying what i want usually but i try my best not to want things saves the effort

By *eyond PurityCouple 1 week ago

Laceby

We go for it - we try and ride on a wave of good vibes and I think that helps go for that person who you think maybe isn’t going to be interested or we are out of their (normal) age range

We are both confident in our abilities and we make a good team and that shows in our chats.

We expect good chat back too as we strive for top shelf moments so anything half hearted doesn’t work.

All in or nothing for us

K

By *rimal InstinctCouple 1 week ago

Carlisle

[Removed by poster at 28/06/24 14:34:39]

By *lder.Woman 1 week ago

Not Local

I have the reins held tightly on a lot of things currently. It's not time yet. Nearly, but not yet.

"In all honesty, nothing does.

You only live once!"

Oh, I don't think we should gatekeep this site based on how people go for it/don't. :D

People can sometimes be hesitant and that's fair enough. Sometimes I am.

By *rimal InstinctCouple 1 week ago

Carlisle

"Be open and honest to everyone and especially yourself.

Say exactly what you want to say because regret and lost chances are easily avoidable.

You may not succeed every time but you never will if you don’t take those chances in the first place "

I think though that self confidence has a fair bit to do with it plus interest too.

I'm only saying that as this was always my case. I didn't have a lot of confidence to start plus there was also just too much, too many people, so I got impatient and did massive deletes, a lot. The problem with that is I missed out on any potential people that I would be compatible with. However, I think meeting where possible in person be it socials etc is generally easier as you can gauge easier (for me) if there is a mutual interest. So I would be more inclined to possibly try my luck.

"On fab, nothing. I can deal with rejection.

In life? There are lots of things I've had to pass up because I need to carefully pace myself in order to avoid autistic burnout. It's annoying, yes I get fomo, but I have to be realistic about my limits. On the occasions when I've ignored the shutdown warning signs and ploughed on regardless, I've regretted it. Plus I was terrible company for those around me. A startled-looking mute is no fun to be around "

So you're never a bit... "oh I shouldn't message them" in between your quest of carrying the ring? For whatever reason. You just go for it?

Being realistic about limits is important but that's something you learn in time, how to not rob yourself of all your spoons.

By *onkeynutWoman 1 week ago

somewhere

In general life I go for what I want. I’m very focused and determined at achieving the goals I set myself.

On fab? I don’t particularly like rejection so that plays a part. I sometimes struggle with my self image and that holds me back.

By *oody BMan 1 week ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

"We go for it - we try and ride on a wave of good vibes and I think that helps go for that person who you think maybe isn’t going to be interested or we are out of their (normal) age range

We are both confident in our abilities and we make a good team and that shows in our chats.

We expect good chat back too as we strive for top shelf moments so anything half hearted doesn’t work.

All in or nothing for us

K"

One of you two had to make the first move, and look how that worked out!

By *wiss Army KnifeMan 1 week ago

Second star to the right…

I have a Fortune Favours the Foolish or Bold depending on your point of view.

If you are stuck in a place where you’re uming and arghing it’s better to make a bad decision than no decision.

You can always learn from a bad one rather than live with regrets you didn’t go for it.

Push yourself out of your comfort zone a little bit at a time Meli and you might surprise yourself

By *electableicecreamMan 1 week ago

The West

I'm inclined to go for it. In a way.

It would be unusual for me to approach someone that I hadn't already met at a social event or interacted with through the forum so I'm usually fairly sure there's a spark to begin with.

It's rare for me be to send an opening message to someone I don't know at all but if I do it's because something resonates for me and I think it's worth reaching out. In that case I will go for it and I don't worry about not getting a response.

It's kind of like swiping right I guess. It's a shot in the dark.

By *oyoteUglyWoman 1 week ago

somewhere

Previously I have been terrible at saying yes.

I made excuses, I compared myself to others, thought I won't be what they want.

And I still do sometimes. Just the fuck it part of me is shouting a little louder lately

By *heGateKeeperMan 1 week ago

Stratford

I’m getting much better at it. The problem is more finding the time to stay in touch with my favourite regular fab friend and also make time for new socials/friends especially those who don’t regularly attend organised socials.

I definitely find myself saying yes more and being thankful that I have

By *indeyesbigsmileMan 1 week ago

Newport

Nothing stops me approaching someone unless they are not looking for what I'm offering.

If we match then my approach is always be polite, honest and yourself. I am terrible at online patter so I would say don't follow my advice.

By *allandathleticMan 1 week ago

Asgard

I live by the mantra; nothing ventured, nothing gained.

"I am unafraid of rejection in general. On here, I would tell myself they’re missing out and carry on if I was rejected. It wouldn’t dampen my day, or experience on the website.

In general life, I guess I don’t think about not getting what I want. One of my best friends says I always get what I want, and the rare times I don’t, it’s not from lack of trying.

This may make me seem really arrogant. I don’t see it that way. Direct and confident, yes. "

I don't think it's arrogance. Perhaps I would if I didn't like you because I think a lot of that particular perception is down to views held on a person.

You're direct and know yourself. Set out to get what you want and have enough self belief to carry you through regardless of the outcome. That's far from arrogance in my eyes.

"Previously I have been terrible at saying yes.

And I still do sometimes. Just the fuck it part of me is shouting a little louder lately

"

I'm so proud of you and your vagina Ms Coyote. It does mean you're waving farewell to your man hating era though, that's been a riot.

By *oyoteUglyWoman 1 week ago

somewhere

"Previously I have been terrible at saying yes.

I'm so proud of you and your vagina Ms Coyote. It does mean you're waving farewell to your man hating era though, that's been a riot. "

Let's not get carried away.

"The last couple of years tought me to go for it. Good people are far between, and happy times are rare so when I see a chance to enjoy something with someone I have to speak up nowadays because of YOLO and all that jazz.

I want good memories, I don’t want regrets. "

YOLO should really be banned from the forums by now, don't you think?

That aside, I wholeheartedly agree Woody. It's far better to say yes, to go for something and it to potentially not work than it is to waste time overthinking and then regretting it.

"Great question.

I’m inclined to agree *Mainly with Prey, some salient points shared.

I could write a detailed response but it would be war and peace. "

What's wrong with a War and Peace answer? Sure, sometimes a quick little reply is great but it'll be so dull everyone replied with succinct, bordering at times on lacklustre, energy.

commutable in the NW

"bordering at times on lacklustre, energy. "

How to win hearts and minds and influence people #winning

Albeit, I could just message you directly

By *ell GwynnWoman 1 week ago

North Yorkshire

In life? There are lots of things I've had to pass up because I need to carefully pace myself in order to avoid autistic burnout. It's annoying, yes I get fomo, but I have to be realistic about my limits. On the occasions when I've ignored the shutdown warning signs and ploughed on regardless, I've regretted it. Plus I was terrible company for those around me. A startled-looking mute is no fun to be around

So you're never a bit... "oh I shouldn't message them" in between your quest of carrying the ring? For whatever reason. You just go for it?

Being realistic about limits is important but that's something you learn in time, how to not rob yourself of all your spoons."

I get doubts and worries, sure. "What if they don't fancy a trip to Mordor?" Or, "what if they've already been to Mordor and they thought it was really naff?" Or, "they might not like women with pointy ears and hairy toes" Etc. I send the message anyway.

Yes, I realise the hobbit references are getting a bit old now...

By *laytime_13Woman 1 week ago

Lincs

You win some you lose some. Essentially you’re all strangers on the internet so nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain.

I certainly have more confidence online than I might do in person. That said, online, especially in the forums, you can get a better feel (ooer) for people and you might find yourself chatting or more with those that you might not normally think you would

By *oeBeansMan 1 week ago

Derby

On Fab, usually it's a fear of rejection or looking at their photos and thinking I wouldn't be their type. It's almost Schroedinger in that as long as I never reach out, there's still a chance they could be interested!

In real life, it's more of a case of thinking they don't want to be disturbed when we occupy the same social spaces and again, not knowing if I would be their type which I think is the underlying insecurity that I have.

By *bi HaiveMan 1 week ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

What stops me is generally a chaotic work/life balance.

I'm usually working when everyone else is off, stuck home binging Netflix whilst all are at work, and every club trip/party/organised social is usually miles away and on a night when I have a 6am start next day.

There's much I'd like to do. People I'd love to meet.

But the balancing act of paying the bills, doing essential normal life stuff and seeing my partner when I have the time means I miss out on a lot.

Such is life.

On the plus side I'm 10 hours into sunbathing, drinking copious amounts of cocktails and snuggling on a very comfy lounge bed by a pool in near 30° heat with them right now. So all is well in the world.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 1 week ago

Glasgow

I like it when a woman makes me fearless.

(Yes, I’ve been listening to TayTay this afternoon. So?)

Being realistic about limits is important but that's something you learn in time, how to not rob yourself of all your spoons.

I get doubts and worries, sure. "What if they don't fancy a trip to Mordor?" Or, "what if they've already been to Mordor and they thought it was really naff?" Or, "they might not like women with pointy ears and hairy toes" Etc. I send the message anyway.

Yes, I realise the hobbit references are getting a bit old now..."

Love you Nell, the beautiful courtesan that you are.

I'm calling a ceasefire on Frodo-ing for the next few weeks.

"I’m getting much better at it. The problem is more finding the time to stay in touch with my favourite regular fab friend and also make time for new socials/friends especially those who don’t regularly attend organised socials.

I definitely find myself saying yes more and being thankful that I have "

Aww GTK this is so lovely! Time is a big thing isn't it? As is headspace. If you stretch yourself too thin you end up not truly enjoying all of it which is a shame. I hope you continue yes-ing this year.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 1 week ago

Southampton

I don't go for anything because I assume that whomever I am attracted to does not feel the same... have made an idiot of myself in the past... not in a hurry to do it again lol

» Add a new message to this topic