FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocking

Blocking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *angler 321 OP   Man 1 week ago

Hereford

So I get a message from a couple asking if they can see the face attached that beautiful cock, so I reply with a face pic, then they block me!

Now I've been on here long enough to know that we can't be everyone's cup of tea, but a short reply of "not for us thanks" would suffice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 1 week ago

Carlisle usually

Didn't the block get the message across?

By *rsKOTCTWoman 1 week ago

Leeds

It just saves future messages & some guys see the it's not for me reply as a reason to try and persuade you that they are indeed for them or even worse follow up with the smashed ego insults of didn't wanna fuck you anyway fat slag....

It's easier to block, saves time on both sides.

By *icecouple561Couple 1 week ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

That must have felt blunt especially after they'd asked.

It is in effect a 'no thanks' though.

By *onkeynutWoman 1 week ago

somewhere

Don’t take it personally.

It’s often easier not to reply because it can result in either abusive messages or being asked to reconsider etc. Blocking is just easier.

By *ootyfruityCouple 1 week ago

andover

Unless you know them, save any awkwardness.

By *anBerksMan 1 week ago

Berkshire

I wouldn’t have sent one unless they sent theirs first if they sent an unsolicited message to you first tbh.

It’s a rule I have on Fab : whoever asks for a face pic provides theirs first.

If I contact someone I’ll send mine, if they contact me I expect one of them.

But yeah, it’s common in Fab for people to block and move on if you’re not their type - it seems harsh but it’s the way it is. Ignore and move on!

Hereford

To be honest, I wouldn't hound anyone, if someone said "not for me" then that's it.

I just think it's rude when you go the effort of messaging and being polite that you don't get a reply even if it is a knock back.

By *ex HolesMan 1 week ago

Up North

About time someone called this out. Well done OP

Hereford

Believe me, I'm not taking it personally, I've been around long enough to know that.

To be fair they sent me a pic of them both first, so I know we don't know each other.

Like I said , I just find it rude.

By *unchalMan 1 week ago

Dartford

"So I get a message from a couple asking if they can see the face attached that beautiful cock, so I reply with a face pic, then they block me!

Now I've been on here long enough to know that we can't be everyone's cup of tea, but a short reply of "not for us thanks" would suffice. "

You have to have pretty think skin to be on here. Keep in mind that this is a site for strangers who want to sex with strangers. These people are not your friends, however friendly they seem. This is the internet. Take everything with a pinch of salt. Good luck.

By *icassoxxxMan 1 week ago

Canterbury

To me, that’s indefensibly rude. Reply with ‘Thanks, but not for us’ and then block to deter follow up conversations.

Hereford

"To me, that’s indefensibly rude. Reply with ‘Thanks, but not for us’ and then block to deter follow up conversations.

"

exactly that.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 1 week ago

Carlisle usually

"Believe me, I'm not taking it personally, I've been around long enough to know that.

To be fair they sent me a pic of them both first, so I know we don't know each other.

Like I said , I just find it rude. "

Telling someone you find them outright unattractive is uncomfortable for most people.

It's not like being in a club where you can suddenly 'see someone you know' and simply have to go talk to them to leave an awkward situation without having to say the words.

Blocking is not the most socially adept way of doing it. But it's not a happy conversation. And at the end of the day, why leave that open when there's a button that simply removes each other from view on the site.

If someone thinks I'm ugly, I would rather they just quietly passed me by than make comments about it

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 1 week ago

St Neots

"Believe me, I'm not taking it personally, I've been around long enough to know that.

Like I said , I just find it rude. "

If you're not taking it personally, then how is it rude? Should not affect you it at all

Hereford

If you're not taking it personally, then how is it rude? Should not affect you it at all"

I'm not taking it personally at all, it's not the first time it's happened and certainly won't be the last,I'm a big boy and can take a knock back. I'm merely making a point that it is rude.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 1 week ago

St Neots

If you're not taking it personally, then how is it rude? Should not affect you it at all I'm not taking it personally at all, it's not the first time it's happened and certainly won't be the last,I'm a big boy and can take a knock back. I'm merely making a point that it is rude."

I don't know how It can be rude, you don't know each other, if it's not taking personally then there's no feelings, It's just a person behind a screen choosing not to no longer interact with you.

Rude would be calling you a fugly cunt and then blocking you

By *ayBee2022Couple 1 week ago

leeds

The husband replies back and says No, with so many messages coming through it’s hard to reply to everyone all the time. I get it’s rude and harsh to just block, especially when they have asked, however if they just message and don’t read the profile that’s quite annoying! That’s why I just block!

By *agatoXXXMan 1 week ago

Carol Vorderman's underwear drawer.

I just block everyone. It saves time later.

Hereford

If you're not taking it personally, then how is it rude? Should not affect you it at all I'm not taking it personally at all, it's not the first time it's happened and certainly won't be the last,I'm a big boy and can take a knock back. I'm merely making a point that it is rude.

I don't know how It can be rude, you don't know each other, if it's not taking personally then there's no feelings, It's just a person behind a screen choosing not to no longer interact with you.

Rude would be calling you a fugly cunt and then blocking you "

I posted on the forum to see what other people's opinion of it is. I appreciate you commenting with your opinion, that was the point.

By *allandathleticMan 1 week ago

Asgard

In terms of a face to face encounter it would be deemed as strange behaviour.

Meeting someone. Walking up to them. Saying hello. Looking at their face and then walking away.

It would be odd behaviour. That any of us would question.

However, no one owes you anything on here. It hasn't cost a substantial amount of money to travel. You haven't got ready. You haven't booked anything.

So it needs to be taken in the vein it's meant.

So what if they are rude? If you don't want to meet rude people. Then they aren't for you either.

Better to find out now than after a social.

Don't question "what's wrong with me" they weren't attracted to you for whatever reason. They blocked you, possibly, to prevent them accidently reaching out again in future *something I do*

Just move on and try not to expect societal norms of politeness on a platform you actively choose to be on.

Best of luck fabbing OP.

By *he love catsCouple 1 week ago

South Wales

As a couple we do get a lot of messages.

If we have let's say 20 unopened messages, I've got two options leave them unopened until me and the Mrs are sitting together to read them or I open them now and then leave them with no reply until I've shown the Mrs.

Bearing in mind for us to get time to do this with work and a busy house there isn't a lot of it.

People are either waiting with an unopened message or an opened message with no reply and it could be a few hours or days, I could even forget about it altogether we get so many, but I will always try my best to say no thank you when I can.

I only block if they get arsey about me not replying swiftly enough, get abusive about the situation, talk about drug's or money.

By *ellhungvweMan 1 week ago

Cheltenham

It is harsh OP but it happens. I just remove the picture, counterblock and move on.

By *ittlebirdWoman 1 week ago

The Big Smoke

"It is harsh OP but it happens. I just remove the picture, counterblock and move on."

This. 100%

By *r John WickMan 1 week ago

The Continental

How dare they block me.

ME of all people! It’s an outrage I tells ya.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 1 week ago

A den in the Glen

Personally, if I was you, I wouldn't walk past another mirror. Perhaps seek an answer and try to get a message to them via others seeking answers.

Continually until you get one.

Or crack on.

By *restonguy1981Man 1 week ago

preston

I’d just take it on the chin and move on.

It’s not worth the thought if that’s their decision I’d just move on and forget all about it OP

By *opping_inCouple 1 week ago

Bournemouth

I suppose that it depends on your upbringing - personally I would also find it rude if someone asked me for a face pic and then immediately blocked me but then I also find it rude when anyone asks me a question and then doesn't listen to the answer especially on the phone

Imho it's just common courtesy if you ask someone a question you at least acknowledge their response even if you do so negatively.

Hereford

"I suppose that it depends on your upbringing - personally I would also find it rude if someone asked me for a face pic and then immediately blocked me but then I also find it rude when anyone asks me a question and then doesn't listen to the answer especially on the phone

Imho it's just common courtesy if you ask someone a question you at least acknowledge their response even if you do so negatively."

my thoughts exactly.

Hereford

"How dare they block me.

ME of all people! It’s an outrage I tells ya. "

lol that's not what I'm saying, I've been blocked many times and it doesn't bother me. I'm just stating the fact that it's pretty rude in this situation after being asked for a face pic.

By *r John WickMan 1 week ago

The Continental

"How dare they block me.

ME of all people! It’s an outrage I tells ya. lol that's not what I'm saying, I've been blocked many times and it doesn't bother me. I'm just stating the fact that it's pretty rude in this situation after being asked for a face pic. "

You might consider it rude. But the recipient doesn’t. It’s a difference of opinion. No amount of shouting “it’s rude” will change people’s approach to handing their rejecting methods.

Some people here have been subjected to outrageous abuse for daring to say “thanks but no thanks”. So they choose to be surgical and block instead.

It’s Fablife.

By * WillisMan 1 week ago

london essex

"So I get a message from a couple asking if they can see the face attached that beautiful cock, so I reply with a face pic, then they block me!

Now I've been on here long enough to know that we can't be everyone's cup of tea, but a short reply of "not for us thanks" would suffice. "

In which universe does that happen on fabs?

By *entlemanrogueMan 1 week ago

Motherwell

It could be they know you in the real world and didn't want you to figure out who they are.

By *imisugarWoman 1 week ago

Rugby

"How dare they block me.

ME of all people! It’s an outrage I tells ya. lol that's not what I'm saying, I've been blocked many times and it doesn't bother me. I'm just stating the fact that it's pretty rude in this situation after being asked for a face pic. "

I get you find it rude but I do think blocking is the response without having to say they didn't find you facially attractive. That part is really hard.

Whilst you might not have sent abusive response back plenty others have and I suppose it gets hard to not want to take preventative measures.

Judging you by others behaviour can be harsh but so is receiving abuse.

By *eeliciouschaosWoman 1 week ago

Wherever

It’s not rude. It stings, yeah but it’s not rude. We’ve all been there, especially after sending a face picture.

Fab would be easier for everyone if people understood block button is just another useful tool to make using this website easier, not an ego death inducing weapon.

By *icassoxxxMan 1 week ago

Canterbury

"How dare they block me.

ME of all people! It’s an outrage I tells ya. lol that's not what I'm saying, I've been blocked many times and it doesn't bother me. I'm just stating the fact that it's pretty rude in this situation after being asked for a face pic.

I get you find it rude but I do think blocking is the response without having to say they didn't find you facially attractive. That part is really hard.

Whilst you might not have sent abusive response back plenty others have and I suppose it gets hard to not want to take preventative measures.

Judging you by others behaviour can be harsh but so is receiving abuse.

"

They don’t have to say they don’t find him facially attractive. There’s dozens of ways a fully functioning adult can say ‘no thanks’ without being rude or demeaning to someone.

You say it’s also really hard to say no. Again, if you’re not mature enough to say ‘no’ in an acceptable way are you mature enough to be on a sex site?

As often on this site, the woman’s or couples feeling seem paramount, not so much a man’s.

By *ay_londonMan 1 week ago

Penzance

If you’re that sensitive then this site probably isn’t for you honestly, I’ve had a lot of people say no thanks not my type, to which I always reply thank you anyway and good luck, but you’re not owed a reply!

Any guy on here should realise how many messages women get and how if they replied to all of them it’d be a full time job. Personally I think a block is better than a no-reply, at least it’s clear.

By *parkle1974Woman 1 week ago

Leeds

OP

Do you reply to every email or flyers that come through your door?

By *rimson_RoseWoman 1 week ago

Tamworth

"To be honest, I wouldn't hound anyone, if someone said "not for me" then that's it.

I just think it's rude when you go the effort of messaging and being polite that you don't get a reply even if it is a knock back.

"

Problem is, you might not hound but others would and do. And many are not pleasant in their reaction to outright rejection.

At the point where all you’ve done is exchange a message or two each, no one owes anyone anything. Time is valuable and we’re all here to enjoy the site, not turn it into a huge admin burden.

By *4bimMan 1 week ago

Farnborough Hampshire

i replied to one sorry not for me.

then in the next message i got the 'why whats wrong with me'

then i was being slagged off on their status so now just block end of conversation.

By *imisugarWoman 1 week ago

Rugby

"i replied to one sorry not for me.

then i was being slagged off on their status so now just block end of conversation."

And I truly believe this is why the block button is handy. For the numerous members that would respect your response, there is a high number that don't.

No is a complete sentence but it's lost on many who feel the need to reply to it negatively.

By *ot to giggleWoman 1 week ago

Coventry

"i replied to one sorry not for me.

then i was being slagged off on their status so now just block end of conversation."

yea i get that - sorry not my type, then get but what is your type, or do you want to chat - nope i dont

By *imi_RougeWoman 1 week ago

Portsmouth

Have you read the site FAQs?

By *allandathleticMan 1 week ago

Asgard

Entitled people believe they deserve a response.

Over my time on here (previous profiles included) I've had no end of women and couples reach out to me. Some have simply stopped messaging me, others have said "not for me / not my type"

Instead of becoming incensed and questioning "why?" I respond with

"No problem, happy fabbing"

That is it. THE END.

It's respectful, it's polite, it's WHO I AM.

No one on here owes me a thing. I choose to log in. I choose who i communicate with.

The same goes for them, and him and her.

T&A

By *erfHerder74Man 1 week ago

Greenock

Maybe they knew you and had met in real life?

Maybe they thought you were more attractive than their partner?

Did they send you face pictures or was their private’s the only good looking thing about them?

I get blocked for silly things like fab a pic of a homophobic guy lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

You should expect not to be mutually compatible with most other people, thus a block (which means no thanks) is the outcome for the vast majority of your messages. A no thanks in writing, is not necessary

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 1 week ago

somewhere

Unfortunately in all my years here and the rare times I have said "sorry you aren't my type" it's usually backed up with trying to persuade me or an insult, so I use the block feature as my "no thank you", as I have found alot of guys can't take a simple "no thank you".

By *ark n kimCouple 1 week ago

durham

They asked for the face picture,so just common courtesy to say thanks,but not for us.

If he then persisted then use the block button.

Seems manners are a dying breed.

By *cotsguyyMan 1 week ago

Belfast

It is rude.

They reached out to him, they asked for something, something a lot of us find very personal, he gave, they took and disappeared. That's rude. It just is.

At the very least acknowledge his response and say thanks, but no thanks. That's the mature thing to do.

If they were worried about getting a pestering or something vulgar in response then they could block.

By *rimal InstinctCouple 1 week ago

Carlisle

A bit abrupt yes and can be a knock to the confidence, however at least you know where you are. Don't take it personal, they judged you and found you lacking to THEIR taste. Does their opinion matter? No.

Put it behind you and carry on being and doing you.

» Add a new message to this topic