FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > My daughter asked me a question today and didn't know the answer

My daughter asked me a question today and didn't know the answer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *jj2012 OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Barry

If someone is born with loss of hearing what does the voice in our heads when thinking ect work for some one in that situation

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 14 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"If someone is born with loss of hearing what does the voice in our heads when thinking ect work for some one in that situation "

Their brain ...... we do not 'hear' the voice in our head ..... the voice in our head is our thoughts.

They think , just like anyone else

By *onkoMan 14 weeks ago

here and there

I have a pain in all the diodes down my left hand side

By *ondonMagicCouple 14 weeks ago

Durham

Yup we think just like everyone else.i dont necessarily “hear” a voice.i just know it’s there

(Not been dead from birth, but am legally deaf)

Barry

"If someone is born with loss of hearing what does the voice in our heads when thinking ect work for some one in that situation

Their brain ...... we do not 'hear' the voice in our head ..... the voice in our head is our thoughts.

They think , just like anyone else"

yeah but our thoughts are in the language ect we know if that makes sence

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 14 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"If someone is born with loss of hearing what does the voice in our heads when thinking ect work for some one in that situation

They think , just like anyone else yeah but our thoughts are in the language ect we know if that makes sence"

Yes it does make sense and deaf people learn the language of their country of birth - they just don't hear it

By *arlot o scaraWoman 14 weeks ago

Hell

Not everyone has an internal monologue in any case

Barry

I think I'm going to leave this one for her teacher to explain

By *rHotNottsMan 14 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Same as us

Sound is just a compression of air touching the ear drums, How it sounds to us has nothing to do with hearing it’s a conversion taking place inside the brain. When you hear a dog park behind you sound your hearing it’s not behind you, it’s inside your head.

There is a T-shirt for deaf people that converts sound waves to sensations on the skin & after wearing it for a while deaf people ‘hear’ just like everyone else. I think he’s now made it into a wristwatch too, Vibrations on the wrist instead of an ear drum, works the same

By *he Silver FuxMan 14 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

We think in images, words, or a combination of both. Some people primarily think in words, while others mostly think in images or signs.

If a person was born Deaf and is primarily using sign language as their way to communicate, it’s very likely that this person will also think or have an internal

monologue in sign language, possibly visual images or printed words as well

» Add a new message to this topic