FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Smoking in cars

Smoking in cars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ootyfruity OP   Couple 14 weeks ago

andover

Having a vent!

Just had an argument with a dad when I told him off for smoking in a parked car with kids in the back. Window was barely open obviously due to the air con.

This truly infuriates me! And illegal

Anyone else or is this acceptable parenting?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elticGent2024Man 14 weeks ago

Kempston

Not acceptable parenting! Is the law about smoking with kids in the car actually ever enforced? Anyone been prosecuted for it?

With or without kids in it, smoking in cars is just obnoxious. Leaving aside the health issues, it also seriously devalues your car.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 14 weeks ago

St Neots

Obviously not acceptable... But is "telling him off" the right way to approach it, I dunno. Getting into an argument with a stranger in front of kids isn't great.

By *odgerMooreMan 14 weeks ago

Carlisle

"Having a vent!

Just had an argument with a dad when I told him off for smoking in a parked car with kids in the back. Window was barely open obviously due to the air con.

This truly infuriates me! And illegal

Anyone else or is this acceptable parenting?"

I only discovered it’s illegal to smoke even in your own car this weekend. I don’t smoke - just came across the info in my travels As for smoking with kids in the car - points to a selfish parent… who doesn’t have much regard for his kids health.

By *panglerMan 14 weeks ago

Derby

People should know better these days! The secondhand smoke is bad-bad and their clothes are going to be rather whiffy. There's just no getting through to some folks unfortunately.

andover

"Obviously not acceptable... But is "telling him off" the right way to approach it, I dunno. Getting into an argument with a stranger in front of kids isn't great. "

Yes! There is no way I can carry on with my job with someone doing what he was doing. I told him “you have kids in the car, maby you should smoke that outside”

He decided to escalate it further

By *ature420Couple 14 weeks ago

aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 26/06/24 10:55:01]

By *ature420Couple 14 weeks ago

aberdeen

Smoking whilst children are In the car is gads min....smoking in your car isn't illegal though..or at least , that's what Google says

Is it?

By *ainbowCheesecakeCouple 14 weeks ago

Northampton

"Smoking whilst children are In the car is gads min....smoking in your car isn't illegal though..or at least , that's what Google says

Is it?"

Smoking in your car isn't illegal at all however smoking with children in the car is an offense.

By *icecouple561Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hmm. I don't agree with smoking around children wherever it might be. I wouldn't have said anything to the man in the car, he might not even be their father.

I do find the fuss about smoking around children very faintly ironic when people wheel pushchairs at exhaust level and quite merrily subject children of all ages to car fumes

By *andi da ThrushTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Round the Corner

[Removed by poster at 26/06/24 11:03:55]

By *ornucopiaMan 14 weeks ago

Bexley

"People should know better these days! The secondhand smoke is bad-bad and their clothes are going to be rather whiffy. There's just no getting through to some folks unfortunately."

Rather whiffy?

Most of them absolutely honk!

Not just themselves but all their possessions.

By *andi da ThrushTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Round the Corner

"Smoking whilst children are In the car is gads min....smoking in your car isn't illegal though..or at least , that's what Google says

Is it?

Smoking in your car isn't illegal at all however smoking with children in the car is an offense."

"The Children and Families Act 2015 made smoking in cars with children an offence. The law makes it clear that it's illegal to: Smoke in a private vehicle with someone under age 18 present."

Source: The AA website

By *andynecklaceWoman 14 weeks ago

West Brom

Nah that ain't right

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 14 weeks ago

Leeds

I know it’s terrible, I make them stand outside, poor little things get soaked in winter.

The mr

By *lue RascalMan 14 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

There will always be thick, brain dead people unfortunately. At least you tried.

andover

"Hmm. I don't agree with smoking around children wherever it might be. I wouldn't have said anything to the man in the car, he might not even be their father.

I do find the fuss about smoking around children very faintly ironic when people wheel pushchairs at exhaust level and quite merrily subject children of all ages to car fumes"

Tbf I think what I wrote came across as me being aggressive. I never raised my voice nor swore, which I can’t say the same about him. I didn’t assume he was the dad, but he told me when he said they are his and can do what the fuck he likes, then blew the smoke in the car.

Car fumes are bad, but unfortunately can’t be helped just yet

By *icecouple561Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hmm. I don't agree with smoking around children wherever it might be. I wouldn't have said anything to the man in the car, he might not even be their father.

I do find the fuss about smoking around children very faintly ironic when people wheel pushchairs at exhaust level and quite merrily subject children of all ages to car fumes

Tbf I think what I wrote came across as me being aggressive. I never raised my voice nor swore, which I can’t say the same about him. I didn’t assume he was the dad, but he told me when he said they are his and can do what the fuck he likes, then blew the smoke in the car.

Car fumes are bad, but unfortunately can’t be helped just yet"

True and just because exhaust fumes are bad doesn't mean we should accept smoking.

People get aggressive when they know they're in the wrong

By *ot to giggleWoman 14 weeks ago

Coventry

Sound like a right knob!

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"I know it’s terrible, I make them stand outside, poor little things get soaked in winter.

The mr "

As all the detergent adverts say "keep away from children" - good advice which i heartily take on board

By *erfHerder74Man 14 weeks ago

Greenock

Definitely shouldn’t smoke in car with children.

When out driving you can smell a smokers car in front especially if it’s .

Blurt

By *ornucopiaMan 13 weeks ago

Bexley

"

I've never understood why sail powered cars have not caught on. Maybe I'm on the wrong tack?

By *iss LovelyWoman 13 weeks ago

Here and There

I think smoking around anyone is disgusting tbh, but around children in an enclosed space is the lowest of the low.

By *icecouple561Couple 13 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Car fumes are bad, but unfortunately can’t be helped just yet

I've never understood why sail powered cars have not caught on. Maybe I'm on the wrong tack?"

By *rHotNottsMan 13 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I do find the fuss about smoking around children very faintly ironic when people wheel pushchairs at exhaust level and quite merrily subject children of all ages to car fumes"

Air quality is so localised. So it’s 27 in London today , 24 in Notts and 68 in Dubai but I know my flat in Dubai is less than 20 and some places in London over 100. Where I am in Notts is reading just 6 right now.

I choose to smoke and not commute or live in the smog , I think I’ll outlive most who do.

By *avinaTVTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

If you think smoking in cars is bad, just try bursting into flames in one!

Seriously, it's wilful disregard for the health of the occupants. If they're children, it's unconscionable.

» Add a new message to this topic