By *punk n gushCouple 14 weeks ago

walmer

"Is you never admit cliques exist.

"

Morning op and all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rsKOTCTWoman 14 weeks ago

Leeds

What's with all the clique threads have I missed something?

Or is it because I'm an outsider & aren't privy

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 14 weeks ago

Southampton

"What's with all the clique threads have I missed something?

"

Haha me too

By *r John WickMan 14 weeks ago

The Continental

"

Usual forum fare innit.

Controversial (allegedly) topic spawns a dozen poor imitations.

By *bi HaiveMan 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

As someone who over 10 years ago was frequently told I was in some kind of forum clique.....I'm still waiting for my rule book.

Fecking Royal Mail......

By *layfullsamMan 14 weeks ago

Solihull

Back in the day on fab cliques come up regularly as a topic

By *iddlesticksMan 14 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I like clubs.

The orange one is my favourite.

My nan’s spare room.

"

I started one the other day but it was meant to be very tongue in cheek.

Not my finest hour.

By *he love catsCouple 14 weeks ago

South Wales

"I like clubs.

The orange one is my favourite. "

Is the fruit one still available?

My nan’s spare room.

"I like clubs.

The orange one is my favourite.

Is the fruit one still available?"

Ooh you dirty bugger.

By *rsKOTCTWoman 14 weeks ago

Leeds

I started one the other day but it was meant to be very tongue in cheek.

Not my finest hour.

"

Ah so it's you to blame then!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 14 weeks ago

Leeds

This fucking jukebox is driving me insane.

I hate this record.

Admin fix it or I’ll fucking sledgehammer the cunt.

The mr

By *agatoXXXMan 14 weeks ago

A Place Where Time Runs Slow

"Is you never admit cliques exist."

But still claim Wonko is a member.

By *r John WickMan 14 weeks ago

The Continental

"This fucking jukebox is driving me insane.

I hate this record.

Admin fix it or I’ll fucking sledgehammer the cunt.

The mr

"

Oooft, I’ve just had a little semi at that.

By *uterspace1978Man 14 weeks ago

Bexley

There is only one rule at clique club and that is "follow all the rules"

By *till gameMan 14 weeks ago

two doors down

What’s the password for it, I forgot it !

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 14 weeks ago

St Neots

Is it wrong to bump for some drama maybe it's because I'm relatively new but all this "clique" talk is entertaining to me

By *punk n gushCouple 14 weeks ago

walmer

"Is you never admit cliques exist."

Is this like fight club op

By *eroLondonMan 14 weeks ago

Mayfair

I also missed all the threads from yesterday pertaining to cliques, and I've been quite reticent about it until now.

Just over a year ago there was a 'production line' of similar clique threads, one after the other causing equal amounts of bewilderment and consternation amongst the forum dwellers. To culminate the days events I created a Clinique™ thread about men's shaving cream and shaving habits - no different to my usual and benign 'lifestyle' threads - but with a jocular nod towards to all those clique ones created earlier that day.

For some unfathomable reason I got singled out, held to task and given an unpleasant dressing down by a 'popular' (and extant) forumite, whilst all the other perpetrators who had blatantly created the aforementioned clique threads were disregarded. That person inferred they were against such things and would never entertain threads relating to cliques (or words to that effect).

Much later I came across a thread which had been created 12 month previously. It was a clique thread. The author of that thread? The same person who had subjected me to that dressing down.

It never ceases to amaze me the duplicity, double standards and invective shaming some people will resort to.

By *ools and the brainCouple 14 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"What’s the password for it, I forgot it !"
it's

All cap's

Sycophants

By *till gameMan 14 weeks ago

two doors down

"What’s the password for it, I forgot it !it's

All cap's

Sycophants "

By *mf123Man 14 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

This is like the addams family right

By *odgerMooreMan 14 weeks ago

Carlisle

No such thing has ever or will ever to the best of my recollection knowledge or certainty existed on Fab - it’s an invention by people who aren’t as popular as us in the inner secret circle to explain why they’re just not as great as we are.

There are no cliques!!

(Whispers… we need to be more careful or one of these is going to rumble us good & proper!!)

By *ealitybitesMan 14 weeks ago

Belfast

"I also missed all the threads from yesterday pertaining to cliques, and I've been quite reticent about it until now.

Just over a year ago there was a 'production line' of similar clique threads, one after the other causing equal amounts of bewilderment and consternation amongst the forum dwellers. To culminate the days events I created a Clinique™ thread about men's shaving cream and shaving habits - no different to my usual and benign 'lifestyle' threads - but with a jocular nod towards to all those clique ones created earlier that day.

For some unfathomable reason I got singled out, held to task and given an unpleasant dressing down by a 'popular' (and extant) forumite, whilst all the other perpetrators who had blatantly created the aforementioned clique threads were disregarded. That person inferred they were against such things and would never entertain threads relating to cliques (or words to that effect).

Much later I came across a thread which had been created 12 month previously. It was a clique thread. The author of that thread? The same person who had subjected me to that dressing down.

It never ceases to amaze me the duplicity, double standards and invective shaming some people will resort to."

Something similar happened to me last year when a popular forumite started a thread being very vocal about people contacting her privately rather than publicly in the forums.

She was adamant that the reply privately option should be removed.

I gave my opinion on the thread and immediately and ironically received a private message from said fabber telling me why my opinion was irrelevant and pointless.

I felt I had to call her out publicly and ask her to keep in on the forums.

As a direct result 5 different women on that thread criticised me for doing so and all blocked me.

I find it hard to believe that intelligent people who claim to be able to form their own opinions weren't able to see the irony and just circled the wagons.

I couldn't care less if there is a clique but as others have said some people are very protective of their association with others.

I don't call that friendship. I call it fomo.

Carlisle

"I also missed all the threads from yesterday pertaining to cliques, and I've been quite reticent about it until now.

It never ceases to amaze me the duplicity, double standards and invective shaming some people will resort to.

Something similar happened to me last year when a popular forumite started a thread being very vocal about people contacting her privately rather than publicly in the forums.

She was adamant that the reply privately option should be removed.

I gave my opinion on the thread and immediately and ironically received a private message from said fabber telling me why my opinion was irrelevant and pointless.

I felt I had to call her out publicly and ask her to keep in on the forums.

As a direct result 5 different women on that thread criticised me for doing so and all blocked me.

I find it hard to believe that intelligent people who claim to be able to form their own opinions weren't able to see the irony and just circled the wagons.

I couldn't care less if there is a clique but as others have said some people are very protective of their association with others.

I don't call that friendship. I call it fomo. "

Who said we’re intelligent?? We need to stamp on that unsubstantiated nonsense!!

By *ellhungvweMan 14 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I don’t get why everyone is getting so upset over what others think of them on the forum?

Who cares what some one else says/thinks?

I know there are lots of people who don’t like my views. Fair enough. I can live with that. I think the forums are largely banal and respective now anyway - everyone jumps on a me too thread (look how many clique threads have been created in the last 12 hours!)

The forums generally reward noise over substance. Repeatedly post a bunch of banal rubbish and everyone thinks you are a player. Kind of ironic given very few of those forum players actually meet very often - which is actually the whole point of the site.

Let the noise flow over you and focus on what you want to do.

By *oeBeansMan 14 weeks ago

Derby

"I don’t get why everyone is getting so upset over what others think of them on the forum?

I know there are lots of people who don’t like my views. Fair enough. I can live with that. I think the forums are largely banal and respective now anyway - everyone jumps on a me too thread (look how many clique threads have been created in the last 12 hours!)

The forums generally reward noise over substance. Repeatedly post a bunch of banal rubbish and everyone thinks you are a player. Kind of ironic given very few of those forum players actually meet very often - which is actually the whole point of the site.

Let the noise flow over you and focus on what you want to do."

Of course they don't meet often. Why do you think they post on the forums so much?

Carlisle

"I don’t get why everyone is getting so upset over what others think of them on the forum?

Let the noise flow over you and focus on what you want to do."

A friend of mine describes people on social media as ‘Sheeple’ because they just follow the flock- hence why we get 1 thread getting traction on cliques and another 12 popping up hoping to mirror it.

By *enegadeMMan 14 weeks ago

oxford

Great tune by Yeezy

By *ansoffateMan 14 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

The question is left begging.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2 OP   Couple 14 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Is you never admit cliques exist.

Is this like fight club op"

Ssshhhh, don’t talk about it.

By *ife NinjaMan 14 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Is it the clique who's having all the sex? Lucky bastards

By *elloWoman 14 weeks ago

alpha centauri

I always think that people who are in a supposed clique don't actually realise they are in one, surely no one set out to form a group which purposely excludes others, or am I too optimistic in human nature.

Isn't it more likely that the people who struggle to connect to people right off the bat try to explain their sometimes invisiblilty to others as being the fault of the other people, purposely ignoring them when in fact they just need a bit more presence or luck to shine through and be noticed.

It's a shame we aren't allowed to name on here because I would be very interested to see who people think are members of the lounge clique

By *heGigglersCouple 14 weeks ago

Northwich (just visiting)

Whats the second rule?

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2 OP   Couple 14 weeks ago

Cumbria

"I always think that people who are in a supposed clique don't actually realise they are in one, surely no one set out to form a group which purposely excludes others, or am I too optimistic in human nature.

Isn't it more likely that the people who struggle to connect to people right off the bat try to explain their sometimes invisiblilty to others as being the fault of the other people, purposely ignoring them when in fact they just need a bit more presence or luck to shine through and be noticed.

It's a shame we aren't allowed to name on here because I would be very interested to see who people think are members of the lounge clique "

I can’t imagine anyone thinks they are part of a clique, and to be fair I don’t spend enough time in the lounge to know who is in one. There inevitably will be one though, it’s human nature. Given the examples on the other thread of what people have experienced at the hands of ‘forum favourites’ it’s not always a healthy part of human nature.

By *elloWoman 14 weeks ago

alpha centauri

I've been on here for 15years and never bought into the clique myth, it's just people interacting with people they know and with people who have made a comment they like or disliked.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Stockport

"

Outside privvy? We got indoor plumbing ages ago

By *wiss Army KnifeMan 14 weeks ago

Second star to the right…

"

Yes and I know this as I am an outsider too and have a spy on the inside. They are working from within to bring them down

By *ex HolesMan 14 weeks ago

Up North

The first rule is to kiss the ring

By *reeneyes40Man 14 weeks ago

cambridge

You know what they say though

Freaks join cliques

How the fuck do I get in?

By *rimal InstinctCouple 14 weeks ago

Carlisle

I wouldn't have thought there are cliques as such, as in we won't let THEM in, but THEY can come 'in'. But what I do think is that it is the same people who come on fab, on the lounge and can be bothered to interact or answer the same question that was asked only a week ago etc. They have the time to do that. I think there is also a fear of missing out element to it too. They have to look, they have to comment. Thats why it's often the same people are on the threads.

I think it is also a place where people who have met at various socials will talk to each other, they interact with some threads more than others as it is a friend's/acquaintances and they want to support them or comment to keep the friendship alive. It is also a means to nurture friendships too or finally the forum is simply a place to show off. Again this possibly why the same people always pop up on there and their comments get traction and that's why it may look like a 'clique'.

» Add a new message to this topic