FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab and mental health

Fab and mental health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker Jack OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Does anyone find fab can affect how they see themselves?

If we are all honest most of us will have some body hang ups.

We see ourselves as too fat, too thin, breasts not big enough or too big, penis not pretty enough or not big enough, stretch marks, scars etc

There seems to be some threads where differences in body sizes are applauded and some where they are not so much.

Do you think it’s important to share body photos in advance? I don’t necessarily mean naked.

We all have preferences, it’s what makes us human.

If you’re partner changed in appearance over the years, other than aging, would you say something?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lowupdollTV/TS 10 weeks ago

S. Herts

What’s your view?

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple 10 weeks ago

kent

Fab can certainly affect my self-esteem, but it has very little to do with my appearance. As soon as that negativity begins to creep in, I withdraw for a while.

By *bi HaiveMan 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

That's a lot of questions.

I'll just say this. I don't let Fab affect my mental health in any way. I don't worry about how others see me, whether they find me attractive or interesting, or if they ever want to chat or meet.

I use the site as an escape from normal life, not as a fundamental part of it. I've made some great friends through it over the years but if at any point I've felt the potential for being here to negatively impact me, I've just taken a break.

If something isn't fun, enjoyable or stress free then why do it?

Wolverhampton

My view.

I think there are two sides hence most probably why I come and go

At times it can be an amazing high and others a deep low.

I will always be me, I can’t be anyone else, not bothered if I am popular

By *ools and the brainCouple 10 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I think it's a place where it's too easy to get into your own head.

You can see it happen all the time a user ( I've done it as well)

Start's posting then the post count increases and the subjects get heavier and heavier they argue with everyone then PUFF! Unlos.

I think you can separate the rest of the site and the forum two very different entities indeed.

I'm learning to take a step back and have a breather when I get overwhelmed.

It's not everything it's just a forum.

By *uffnmuffCouple 10 weeks ago

London

We don't really care what people on here think of us if you don't like us don't look.

By *ex HolesMan 10 weeks ago

Up North

They day I start worrying what strangers from an internet sex site think about me is the day I leave the site

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 10 weeks ago

somewhere

I don't think fab has affected my MH image wise, I'm not for everyone and I know this, it's effected me in other ways though.

I was at a club a couple of years back, now I never ever think of myself and think "fuck me you look good!" But on this one particular occasion I thought I scrubbed up pretty well and felt fantastic, it was possibly the worst night in a club I have ever had, given I felt so good and I was oozing confidence for once, I remember standing on the dance floor wanting to cry, I was on my own, no one seemed to want to come up to me (obviously they wouldn't then I'm talking about the couple of hours prior) and I just thought "I obviously don't look as good as I thought" and it really knocked my confidence, I didn't go back to a club for a while and I absolutely hated what I saw in the mirror x

By *ittlebirdWoman 10 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"They day I start worrying what strangers from an internet sex site think about me is the day I leave the site "

^^ this 100%

It will be the day that hell freezes over for me.

Ps nice cock Rex

By *orningGlory555Man 10 weeks ago

Wells

"Fab can certainly affect my self-esteem, but it has very little to do with my appearance. As soon as that negativity begins to creep in, I withdraw for a while. "

this for me, definitely find the endless rejection tough but get it's part of fab for single guys (and probably other categories too but perhaps not to the same extent).

Wolverhampton

What I am finding interesting here so far is that it’s not just men that feel the “negative” side of it

By *allandathleticMan 10 weeks ago

Asgard

My first here (last year) it messed me up. Actually that isn't true, it exacerbated an already underlying MH problem. I'd ignored for years. A stint in therapy and a shit load of money spent, and I'm still a little broken.

But I'm sexy and broken.

P.s. I also understand alot more about myself than I did before.

By *ex HolesMan 10 weeks ago

Up North

"They day I start worrying what strangers from an internet sex site think about me is the day I leave the site

^^ this 100%

Ps nice cock Rex "

Nice symmetrical hole Mrs

By *rimson_RoseWoman 10 weeks ago

Tamworth

It's never impacted me in terms of my physical image. But there have been times when the repeated letdowns, the being messed around - that has got to me. Always when there's a lot of other things going on in my life but it's felt like the last straw.

Those are the times I've stepped back, sometimes for quite a long time and at other times just a few days. It's meant to be fun and when it's not, it's time to take a break or leave.

By *onkeynutWoman 10 weeks ago

somewhere

If I start to be bothered by things on here, it’s usually something unrelated to the site so I take a break.

Am I body conscious? Yes I am. I have stretch marks and wobbly bits. I do have an almost naked body shot on my profile so that there’s hopefully no suprises for anyone.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Spend time on fab and the images are constantly going in; comparison is unavoidable of course; BUT I like the openness that many have about themselves and what they’re looking for - huge variety in desires, bodies etc much more diverse and body positive in general than anything mainstream!

By *atricia ParnelWoman 10 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

Yeah in the first year I was on here, being constantly compared to other women, is very hard not let it affect you over time.

Then I spoke to an old hat on here, had a nice 2 week break and now really don't give a fuck, I'm me, I love me and that's all that really matters to me on here

By *etropolitainMan 10 weeks ago

Redworth Co Durham

"That's a lot of questions.

I'll just say this. I don't let Fab affect my mental health in any way. I don't worry about how others see me, whether they find me attractive or interesting, or if they ever want to chat or meet.

I use the site as an escape from normal life, not as a fundamental part of it. I've made some great friends through it over the years but if at any point I've felt the potential for being here to negatively impact me, I've just taken a break.

If something isn't fun, enjoyable or stress free then why do it? "

As above

And if you do I’d certainly recommend a break

And take a good look at yourself

And whatever you do on here and other sites Don’t Feed The Trolls

By *ealitybitesMan 10 weeks ago

Belfast

I didn't choose to sign up here as part of a lifestyle choice.

It has never been anything more than a hobby or a pastime.

I've had negative experiences mostly linked directly to other people's need for drama and validation and even when I step away from them I still somehow manage to live rent free in their heads.

Most of my experiences here though have been positive and at no stage have I ever been invested enough for it to affect my MH or my self esteem.

It should be pretty obvious from my forum interaction that I don't follow blindly or jump on passing bandwagons and am always true to myself.

By *ittlebirdWoman 10 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"They day I start worrying what strangers from an internet sex site think about me is the day I leave the site

^^ this 100%

Ps nice cock Rex

Nice symmetrical hole Mrs "

And that’s just my ass. Thanks

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 25/06/24 20:04:13]

By *ansoffateMan 10 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

A day or too ago it appeared someone would rather fuck by grandfather's exhumed corpse than me.

I think when you've reached those kinds of highs nothing phased you anymore.

By *rightonsteveMan 10 weeks ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yeah, the ol’ “send me a face pic” and then ghosted. Too ugly to fuck

I did warn her….

By *icecouple561Couple 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My mood definitely affects how I see fab.

I am very well aware that a great deal of what is said on here is either exaggerated or applies only to a small number of people. The good things people say about me are no more meaningful than the bad because only one of two have any more than a passing acquaintance with me.

By *quizzlyMan 10 weeks ago

Ryde

Well I know my self image took a bit of a blow shopping for a suit today for a friend's wedding, didn't think much looked good on me at all. But at least it given me the drive to change that.

By *essTTWoman 10 weeks ago

Birmingham

"That's a lot of questions.

If something isn't fun, enjoyable or stress free then why do it? "

Exactly how i feel

The minute it starts to feel like the site is getting to me I leave it alone for a while.

Also it doesn't affect how I view myself. I'm fat and I'm insecure about certain parts of my body.

Some people find my big body attractive, some don't.

It doesn't change/enhance my insecurities

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 10 weeks ago

St Neots

I thought I was fat before fab. But Feel more fat since joing fab, it probably would bother me if I was Single

By *ark73XXXMan 10 weeks ago

North Staffs/South Cheshire

It’s not a good place from a mental health perspective

By *he turned me GreyCouple 10 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

If I was looking for validation off here then, I think it would affect it.....

But then I learnt how to validate myself, so no it doesn't affect my mental health....

Fuck fuck you, ya fucking cunt, Mom I'm on the PlayStation, now where Did I put the anti psychotics, not seen them in a few days now....peace of fuckers

Mr

S. Herts

"It’s not a good place from a mental health perspective "

If so what keeps you here? There must be positives you’re taking from the site then?

By *ackdaw52Man 10 weeks ago

Chesterfield

"I don't think fab has affected my MH image wise, I'm not for everyone and I know this, it's effected me in other ways though.

I was at a club a couple of years back, now I never ever think of myself and think "fuck me you look good!" But on this one particular occasion I thought I scrubbed up pretty well and felt fantastic, it was possibly the worst night in a club I have ever had, given I felt so good and I was oozing confidence for once, I remember standing on the dance floor wanting to cry, I was on my own, no one seemed to want to come up to me (obviously they wouldn't then I'm talking about the couple of hours prior) and I just thought "I obviously don't look as good as I thought" and it really knocked my confidence, I didn't go back to a club for a while and I absolutely hated what I saw in the mirror x"

The exact same thing happened to me. I was newly dieting and working out, brimming with confidence.

Went to a club and no one showed even the slightest interest. Crushed.

"It’s not a good place from a mental health perspective

If so what keeps you here? There must be positives you’re taking from the site then? "

I’ve met a very small number of nice people

S. Herts

If so what keeps you here? There must be positives you’re taking from the site then?

I’ve met a very small number of nice people "

Good. I’m pleased to hear that

Good. I’m pleased to hear that "

I’m happy to have pleased you

S. Herts

Good. I’m pleased to hear that

I’m happy to have pleased you "

Was that sarcasm?

» Add a new message to this topic