Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ipshit69 OP   Man 1 week ago

COVENTRY

Either there’s even more shit drivers now

Or some BMW,Mercedes and Golf drivers traded in for a Tesla

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

Don't knock the Golfs. Nor forget the Audi. Volvo often compete to get towards the top spot. We have some really bad driving standards.

Should driving standards have been part of a political party manifesto?

By *ayBee2022Couple 1 week ago

leeds

You want to go to Bradford , not only real shit driving , but 90% don’t have a licence or insurance

By *wistntwirlCouple 1 week ago

Middle Land

Tesla have been top of that list for a while. Jag owners have been climbing steadily for a while too.

By *rHotNottsMan 1 week ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Either there’s even more shit drivers now

Or some BMW,Mercedes and Golf drivers traded in for a Tesla "

I can’t understand why anyone would not drive BMW, VW, Audi? And Mercedes’ for the ladies. Aren’t they just proper cars?

COVENTRY

"You want to go to Bradford , not only real shit driving , but 90% don’t have a licence or insurance "

Same as Coventry

I hear you loud and clear

COVENTRY

I can’t understand why anyone would not drive BMW, VW, Audi? And Mercedes’ for the ladies. Aren’t they just proper cars? "

Cars are great

Its drivers who are the issue

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 1 week ago

King's Crustacean

There has been a steady 'change' in people's attitudes to road rule compliance and common courtesy for some time, regardless of the car they own.

By *ansoffateMan 1 week ago

Sagittarius A

BMW drivers are still next level dickheads.

By *4bimMan 1 week ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Do we think those that drive Tesla's have the attitude that they are greener and the future?

By *ayBee2022Couple 7 days ago

leeds

Forgot to mention , knobhead who have no idea how to drive on a motorway and just sit camped in middle lane

By *ipshit69 OP   Man 7 days ago

COVENTRY

"Forgot to mention , knobhead who have no idea how to drive on a motorway and just sit camped in middle lane

"

I could comment further on the type of people doing this

But best not

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 7 days ago

Glasgow

"Aren’t they just proper cars? "

Yes, but sadly often without proper indicators.

By *agatoXXXMan 7 days ago

Carol Vorderman's underwear drawer.

"Tesla have been top of that list for a while. Jag owners have been climbing steadily for a while too."

I'm not making excuses for te$la drivers, because there is none, but when you live in fear of your car bursting into flames, or it decides to drive on its own, you're bound to be distracted.

By *igR93Man 7 days ago

Sarcasm City

I’ll have you know I’ve used my BMW’s indicators at least 3 times in 2 years!!

By *orthernTruckerMan 7 days ago

Trucker

It's bad, just how many cars I pass in lane 1 while limited to 56mph in a truck....I shouldn't be passing in lane 1, never mind be able to over take!!

Or the number of idiots who "have to beat the hgv" then spend the next 5 miles no further forward then where the would have been if they just drove sensibly.

COVENTRY

I’ll have you know I’ve used my BMW’s indicators at least 3 times in 2 years!!"

To hang things off?

By *agatoXXXMan 7 days ago

Carol Vorderman's underwear drawer.

To hang things off?"

To confuse other drivers.

By *igR93Man 7 days ago

Sarcasm City

To hang things off?

If I turn the radio down sometimes I hear people cheering for me

To confuse other drivers."

By *igR93Man 7 days ago

Sarcasm City

To hang things off?

To confuse other drivers."

By *redwilma666Couple 7 days ago

Kilbirnie

"It's bad, just how many cars I pass in lane 1 while limited to 56mph in a truck....I shouldn't be passing in lane 1, never mind be able to over take!

Totally agree, plus those that pull in directely in front & set off our collision warning system

Or the number of idiots who "have to beat the hgv" then spend the next 5 miles no further forward then where the would have been if they just drove sensibly. "

By *orlandaMan 7 days ago

north east of norwich

I'm sure that indicators and an accelerator pedal are "optional extras" for most cars in Norfolk!

By *ixiePoisonWoman 7 days ago

Darlington

The thing that pisses me off the most is they brake first then indicate when they are turning a corner, indicate first you fuckwits!

By *orthernTruckerMan 7 days ago

Trucker

"It's bad, just how many cars I pass in lane 1 while limited to 56mph in a truck....I shouldn't be passing in lane 1, never mind be able to over take!

Totally agree, plus those that pull in directely in front & set off our collision warning system

Or the number of idiots who "have to beat the hgv" then spend the next 5 miles no further forward then where the would have been if they just drove sensibly. "

That collision warning system in my truck is sensitive as hell! Slams the brakes on when it picks up a parked car a mile away haha. I turn it off.

By *isterMushroomMan 7 days ago

Warrington

"Tesla have been top of that list for a while. Jag owners have been climbing steadily for a while too.

I'm not making excuses for te$la drivers, because there is none, but when you live in fear of your car bursting into flames, or it decides to drive on its own, you're bound to be distracted."

I bet you think that they take 3 days to charge too, let me guess you also drive 800 miles seven days a week without stopping, whilst towing a 3 tonne trailer. I don’t get the EV hating clowns. I often receive agression/abuse from road users whilst driving my Tesla, in my ICE car absolutely none. It’s weird

COVENTRY

"Tesla have been top of that list for a while. Jag owners have been climbing steadily for a while too.

I'm not making excuses for te$la drivers, because there is none, but when you live in fear of your car bursting into flames, or it decides to drive on its own, you're bound to be distracted.

I bet you think that they take 3 days to charge too, let me guess you also drive 800 miles seven days a week without stopping, whilst towing a 3 tonne trailer. I don’t get the EV hating clowns. I often receive agression/abuse from road users whilst driving my Tesla, in my ICE car absolutely none. It’s weird "

I think the fact you come on here calling people you don’t know clowns then revealing your choice of car quite fabulous

By *reakShow90Man 6 days ago

Manchester/halifax

Always found Audi drivers the worst sadly having an ex boy racers car makes me look like a twat but for that I try to drive even more safety to compensate lol

By *entBarryUKMan 6 days ago

Ashford

Nobody indicates any more. I saw an Audi not indicating earlier. I thought it was just BMW indicators that never worked

By *opping_inCouple 6 days ago

Bournemouth

"There has been a steady 'change' in people's attitudes to road rule compliance and common courtesy for some time, regardless of the car they own.

"

You've hit the nail smack on the head there - I fully believe that a lack of actual policing on our roads (no cameras do not police - it's just lazy) is causing a rapid reduction in general driving abilities and attention to the road. As long as your dashcam makes you look innocent then f@ck all the other road users.

By *ty31Man 6 days ago

NW London

"There has been a steady 'change' in people's attitudes to road rule compliance and common courtesy for some time, regardless of the car they own.

"

The constant "war on motorists" doesn't help either.

Drivers now are too distracted having to constantly look out for speed cameras etc and also the road restrictions (such as bus and cycle lanes) make drivers fight for every inch of road space.

If we stopped using drivers as cash cows and actually trusted them to drive without excessive interference from Nanny State the quality of motoring would improve.

By *ellhungvweMan 6 days ago

Cheltenham

Drivers now are too distracted having to constantly look out for speed cameras etc and also the road restrictions (such as bus and cycle lanes) make drivers fight for every inch of road space.

If we stopped using drivers as cash cows and actually trusted them to drive without excessive interference from Nanny State the quality of motoring would improve."

I think that if you are constantly worrying about speed cameras it tells you something: you are a shit driver.

I drive a lot and would say I am generally one of the quicker drivers on the road but I have never been hit by a speeding ticket or a camera. It is not hard to hit the top of the speed limit and then stay there. As soon as the speed limit changes your speed changes. Up or down. If you are driving to the road then cameras are an irrelevance. They only catch those who can’t actually drive properly and who think that best driver = foot flat to the floor.

By *arden5Man 6 days ago

Woking

Being a retired hgv driver i noticed the standard of driving in this country has been declining over the past 20 years

Everyone is in to much on a hurry

To many driver aids in cars driving for you and to many distractions inside the car

Most drivers have forgotten how to drive properly

By *oo..Woman 6 days ago

Boo's World

OP, what brand of car do you drive?

By *ripfillMan 6 days ago

havant

I wonder if the standard of driving has fallen so remarkably due to pot hole avoidance? OP

NOTE

I hate idiots who stick in the middle land in motorways I want to simply blow them up

Also

I have an Audi Quattro Estate which is a good tool and yes it has indicators and yes they are used at every point necessary to advise other drivers of my intended actions

Anyone been in an advanced driving course - come to the front

By *iamond couple twoCouple 6 days ago

Wakefield

What about the Lycra clad cyclists who ride 2 or 3 abreast on country roads

By *ripfillMan 6 days ago

havant

"What about the Lycra clad cyclists who ride 2 or 3 abreast on country roads"

Please ….. argh. I have tried therapy to try to forget this trauma on the roads. I need my rubber band now to flick !!

By *JandCMCouple 6 days ago

cardiff

I had some young girl pull out n nearly hit me off my motorbike the other morning.

When I caught up with her at the traffic lights n said "what the fuck you up to", all I could get from her was "don't go on about it, it's to early in the morning to deal with you".

She was just acting like it was a normal thing in her world, not even a sorry.

By *ootyfruityCouple 6 days ago

andover

It’s amazing how many people try to squeeze in when I’m straddling lanes in my lorry, this is to prevent accidents by taking the space we need, not to just be an asshole

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 6 days ago

somewhere

"I wonder if the standard of driving has fallen so remarkably due to pot hole avoidance? OP

NOTE

I hate idiots who stick in the middle land in motorways I want to simply blow them up

Also

I have an Audi Quattro Estate which is a good tool and yes it has indicators and yes they are used at every point necessary to advise other drivers of my intended actions

Anyone been in an advanced driving course - come to the front

"

We don't call them pot holes anymore, they are speed holes lol

By *orksRockerMan 6 days ago

Bradford

I'm in a similar mindset to you OP. I use the M62 and M6 alot more these days to visit my friend and am VERY seriously thinking about getting a dash cam because it's getting so daft out there.

By *ean counterMan 6 days ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

"Being a retired hgv driver i noticed the standard of driving in this country has been declining over the past 20 years

To many driver aids in cars driving for you and to many distractions inside the car

Most drivers have forgotten how to drive properly "

This all coincides with the mass migration we've experienced over the past 20 years or so. Driving standards abroad are far lower than the UK and some of the driving tests abroad are an absolute joke. Unfortunately these people can be given the keys to a lethal weapon and let loose on the roads over here. I believe that every driver should have a 5 year assessment to see whether you should be behind the wheel !

By *arden5Man 6 days ago

Woking

When in and hgv people don't realise how limited your view is especially in a artic

Once you start to turn mirrors are just about useless that why we take up so much room when turning and on roundabouts we can see you

If you can see the driver in his mirror he can't see you

By *odgerMooreMan 6 days ago

Carlisle

The issue is powerful cars in the hands of immature drivers who think that racing like a F & F movie in real life is acceptable and won’t end up with people being killed. I was travelling on the M1 and was stuck behind someone hogging the middle lane at 50 odd as 2 cars flew up lane 1 at over 90 and chopped in the tiny gap between the back of an artic and the front of my 50mph nemesis- before disappearing even quicker - police … nowhere. There should be a dedicated dickhead driver reporting number. The mways are crammed with anpr/cams surely a use of AI would be to look at distances between cameras and times that a number plate pass a certain point and calculate their speed. And if it’s severely excessive- seize the car and crush it. In front of their baseball capped burberry clad stupid faces. Fast & Furious would become Fucked & on foot!!

By *arden5Man 6 days ago

Woking

Put a dash cam in your vehicle

Send any footage like that to police and they do prosecute have sent some myself

By *immyinreadingMan 6 days ago

henley on thames

Tesla … I drove to Scotland yesterday, had a Tesla drive right up behind me in the outside lane, flash lights. So I pulled into the middle lane once I had overtaken, and he floored it … straight into the view of the traffic cop I had spotted on the next bridge. Beautiful!

henley on thames

"BMW drivers are still next level dickheads.

"

Thanks!

By *wistntwirlCouple 6 days ago

Middle Land

"Being a retired hgv driver i noticed the standard of driving in this country has been declining over the past 20 years

Most drivers have forgotten how to drive properly

This all coincides with the mass migration we've experienced over the past 20 years or so. Driving standards abroad are far lower than the UK and some of the driving tests abroad are an absolute joke. Unfortunately these people can be given the keys to a lethal weapon and let loose on the roads over here. I believe that every driver should have a 5 year assessment to see whether you should be behind the wheel ! "

Wow I've never made that link. The next time I see some wanker racing aggressively up my arse or weaving across the lane while they check their phone I'll remind myself to blame the immigrants and their poor driving standards.

henley on thames

I'm not making excuses for te$la drivers, because there is none, but when you live in fear of your car bursting into flames, or it decides to drive on its own, you're bound to be distracted."

Fair points, but when they also know that their car is about as robust as a tin can and will completely crumple in the event of a nudge, you’d think they might drive more carefully?

By *indeyesbigsmileMan 6 days ago

Newport

"Forgot to mention , knobhead who have no idea how to drive on a motorway and just sit camped in middle lane

"

Absolutely this, I spend my life on the motorway, middle lane drivers grrr. Also when you get a pair of them one in the middle at 69 and one trying to overtake at 70. It's dangerous. It's fundamental stay left to allow faster vehicles to pass.

By *arden5Man 6 days ago

Woking

Alot came over with tractor and trailer licenses and was given a hgv1 license

By *wistntwirlCouple 6 days ago

Middle Land

If we stopped using drivers as cash cows and actually trusted them to drive without excessive interference from Nanny State the quality of motoring would improve."

Pesky speed cameras. Can't think of any way to avoid that distraction

I think every new driver should be made to walk for half a mile along a narrow country lane prior to taking their driving test. And then cycle for a couple more miles. Maybe more would then appreciate the road is for everyone.

henley on thames

I bet you think that they take 3 days to charge too, let me guess you also drive 800 miles seven days a week without stopping, whilst towing a 3 tonne trailer. I don’t get the EV hating clowns. I often receive agression/abuse from road users whilst driving my Tesla, in my ICE car absolutely none. It’s weird "

I drove 450 miles yesterday. Took 5 minutes to fuel the car, including paying and having a slash

By *odgerMooreMan 6 days ago

Carlisle

How many have got invalid insurance ( or any!) because of all the mods they have made to their vehicles?

henley on thames

Serious question.

Whenever I’m on a king motorway trip, several times I will be passed by someone who is driving at at least 100mph … from the time I first spot them in my rear view mirror to the time they disappear I to the distance.

How do these people not clock up a driving ban after 1 such journey? I reckon I’d be done in about 5 minutes if I tried that. A mate of mine drove from Holyhead to London and admitted that he was at around the 100mph mark whenever he had an open road … and nothing, not a single point or fine.

How is it possible to drive like that and not be banned?

By *urnedoutniceagainMan 6 days ago

louth

I think the lack of Police has contributed to a fall in driving standards. In the olden days on a motorway trip you would see Police cars all the time. I tend to agree that some EV drivers have a point to prove because they can have 3000 HP and can go 0-60 in 1.2 secs. I have a BMW330 ( I know I’ll wait for the abuse!) and lots of EV drivers particularly Tesla’s seem to want to prove a point and will tailgate and overtake at the first opportunity usually when it’s not safe.

By *p for fun2019Couple 6 days ago

Bournemouth j

Seems when I'm filtering through traffic on my motorcycle people in toslas deliberately get in the way??

henley on thames

"I think the lack of Police has contributed to a fall in driving standards. In the olden days on a motorway trip you would see Police cars all the time. I tend to agree that some EV drivers have a point to prove because they can have 3000 HP and can go 0-60 in 1.2 secs. I have a BMW330 ( I know I’ll wait for the abuse!) and lots of EV drivers particularly Tesla’s seem to want to prove a point and will tailgate and overtake at the first opportunity usually when it’s not safe."

Snap. Exactly what I described above. Tesla behind me was so focused on getting close to me and getting past (440), that he hadn’t noticed the traffic cop on the next bridge and took off hard to show me how fast his car was.

henley on thames

"I think the lack of Police has contributed to a fall in driving standards. In the olden days on a motorway trip you would see Police cars all the time. I tend to agree that some EV drivers have a point to prove because they can have 3000 HP and can go 0-60 in 1.2 secs. I have a BMW330 ( I know I’ll wait for the abuse!) and lots of EV drivers particularly Tesla’s seem to want to prove a point and will tailgate and overtake at the first opportunity usually when it’s not safe."

I see that you are in Louth. I read an article in the Irish times saying the ticketing teams are so overrun with info from the numberplate re of itinerary cameras that they only bother pursuing the worst cases and repeat offenders

By *urnedoutniceagainMan 6 days ago

louth

"I think the lack of Police has contributed to a fall in driving standards. In the olden days on a motorway trip you would see Police cars all the time. I tend to agree that some EV drivers have a point to prove because they can have 3000 HP and can go 0-60 in 1.2 secs. I have a BMW330 ( I know I’ll wait for the abuse!) and lots of EV drivers particularly Tesla’s seem to want to prove a point and will tailgate and overtake at the first opportunity usually when it’s not safe.

I see that you are in Louth. I read an article in the Irish times saying the ticketing teams are so overrun with info from the numberplate re of itinerary cameras that they only bother pursuing the worst cases and repeat offenders "

I’m in the Lincolnshire Louth where the roads are cobbled or dirt!

henley on thames

"I think the lack of Police has contributed to a fall in driving standards. In the olden days on a motorway trip you would see Police cars all the time. I tend to agree that some EV drivers have a point to prove because they can have 3000 HP and can go 0-60 in 1.2 secs. I have a BMW330 ( I know I’ll wait for the abuse!) and lots of EV drivers particularly Tesla’s seem to want to prove a point and will tailgate and overtake at the first opportunity usually when it’s not safe.

I see that you are in Louth. I read an article in the Irish times saying the ticketing teams are so overrun with info from the numberplate re of itinerary cameras that they only bother pursuing the worst cases and repeat offenders

I’m in the Lincolnshire Louth where the roads are cobbled or dirt!"

Ah!

By *orthernTruckerMan 6 days ago

Trucker

Had someone try to fight me this morning....

So for context, my load was 3.4m wide, total weight just shy of 70 tonne (truck, trailer and load)

So when I come to a round about, I'm using both lanes. I'm not doing it to be a prick, or to piss people off. I'm doing it because my load and trailer will kill someone if they try to cut up the side, so I eliminate the risk...

But no, Mr taxi driver doesn't like it, goes past when he could, gets in front, slams on and doesn't realise I've just nearly killed him trying to stop the truck then starts shouting and alsorts. Police ended up involved as they luckily come along at the right time.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 6 days ago

St Neots

"Had someone try to fight me this morning....

So for context, my load was 3.4m wide, total weight just shy of 70 tonne (truck, trailer and load)

So when I come to a round about, I'm using both lanes. I'm not doing it to be a prick, or to piss people off. I'm doing it because my load and trailer will kill someone if they try to cut up the side, so I eliminate the risk...

But no, Mr taxi driver doesn't like it, goes past when he could, gets in front, slams on and doesn't realise I've just nearly killed him trying to stop the truck then starts shouting and alsorts. Police ended up involved as they luckily come along at the right time. "

What a twat!

By *haron1701DTV/TS 5 days ago

Ormskirk

"Seems when I'm filtering through traffic on my motorcycle people in toslas deliberately get in the way?? "

Its not just them. Its a lot of cars/vans (oddly enough NEVER hgv drivers), they seem to get pissed off if they're crawling along in traffic and I filter past on my 'bike.

I've had every kind of abuse and threat thrown at me while filtering (at a safe and sensible speed) and one or two swerve in front of me and brake test me.

I've had em block me off, get out of car n start being all big n mouthy - until I put sidestand down and get off the 'bike. Its amazing how quickly they jump back in their cars when they realise the biker they just tried to force off the road is 6ft4in+ (allowing for boots n helmet) and appears to be built like a brick outhouse (that's just the bulky body armour under my riding gear).

By *he year of 69Man 5 days ago

Bury

It seemed to be a right day for it today! They were everywhere.

By *haron1701DTV/TS 5 days ago

Ormskirk

"It seemed to be a right day for it today! They were everywhere. "

The warm weather brings them out, like cockroaches

By *ipshit69 OP   Man 4 days ago

COVENTRY

"OP, what brand of car do you drive? "

Ford Fiesta

By *osey WalesMan 4 days ago

Surrey

Entitlement.

Everyone appears to be entitled to drive like an ass and not give two hoots what others think.

I do alot of motorway driving, the lack of general driving awarness in this country is shocking. Middle lane warriors, people pulling into lane 1 from the hard shoulder, from a stationary start. I am often amazed that there are not more accidents

By *cunnylassCouple 4 days ago

Exeter

When I returned to this country in 1991 after years of living abroad I thought driving standards were pretty high.I don't think that's the case these days.I think lockdown really affected the behaviour of so many people and the way some people drive is quite frightening.

By *abaFwonkleCouple 4 days ago

South Shields

I can’t understand why anyone would not drive BMW, VW, Audi? And Mercedes’ for the ladies. Aren’t they just proper cars?

Cars are great

Its drivers who are the issue "

This. It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it. I drive a BMW, and I took the optional indicator pack instead of the 'own the road' pack.

By *xiled BikerMan 4 days ago

YORK AREA

Definitely lower now than 10 years ago, but. is it not also a lowering of standards in general, people have fewer manners, who still gives up seat on bus/train for somebody less able to stand, or holds door for the next person entering/leaving shop?

Maybe I am old but the lowering of manners and kindness in general is reflected in their driving standards, plus much easier to purchase a more powerful car than perhaps your experience merits. Oops sorry bit of a lengthy moan coming on!

By *rafter69Man 4 days ago

upminster

"Definitely lower now than 10 years ago, but. is it not also a lowering of standards in general, people have fewer manners, who still gives up seat on bus/train for somebody less able to stand, or holds door for the next person entering/leaving shop?

Maybe I am old but the lowering of manners and kindness in general is reflected in their driving standards, plus much easier to purchase a more powerful car than perhaps your experience merits. Oops sorry bit of a lengthy moan coming on!"

Too True and well said!

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 4 days ago

Cumbria

If you can’t watch out for other road users and bus/cycle lanes AND use your indicators then you really have no place driving a car.

» Add a new message to this topic