FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Advice for a younger guy? x

Advice for a younger guy? x

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *outh37 OP   Man 10 weeks ago

London

Has anyone got any helpful advice for me. I joined this site a while back but haven’t really given it a proper go yet. I know i’m probably outside a lot of people’s age ranges but i’m just not getting any responses from people. What do I need to do differently to catch people’s attention? x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iker JackMan 10 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Honestly and I don’t want to sound harsh but a better profile.

Why you?

Why them?

By *outh37 OP   Man 10 weeks ago

London

that’s fair

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 10 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

If you've not given it a proper go, are you expecting positive responses to half arsed attempts when you're already obviously aware of a common issue?

By *ackdaw52Man 10 weeks ago

Chesterfield

You'll never get lots of responses. That's just the way Fab is.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Put up some more information about yourself, take part in the forums, and most importantly be yourself. It’s not easy to be noticed with the gajillions of desperadoes floating around on here but it’ll happen.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Oh and mention cake, works like a charm!

By *he turned me GreyCouple 10 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Stick to Tinder (other reputable dating/hook up sites are available also)

Mr

By *rsKOTCTWoman 10 weeks ago

Leeds

You'll be out of many age ranges to be honest with you.

Your profile is your shop window try and present yourself well, good pics (eg no dirty clothes on floor & toilet roll) a range of pics not just the same repeated.

A good bio, a bit about yourself, what exactly your looking for, what you have to offer (probably more important due to age) and something that gives some personality.

There are organised social events it maybe worth checking out the meets and events section see if there's any local to you, they are a great way to meet new people and you haven't got your age pinned to you there, same with clubs.

Good luck

By *mber SkiesWoman 10 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

Maybe narrow your age range down instead of 18 to 55 put 18 to 30 just a thought

By *revaunanceCouple 10 weeks ago

Exeter

"Has anyone got any helpful advice for me. I joined this site a while back but haven’t really given it a proper go yet. I know i’m probably outside a lot of people’s age ranges but i’m just not getting any responses from people. What do I need to do differently to catch people’s attention? x"

Hello OP

Firstly, if you 'haven’t really given it a proper go yet' then perhaps you need to understand that it takes effort. No different to getting ready to go out for the night. Would you really wander into a trendy nightclub without having a shower, stuck some decent clothes on, brushed your teeth etc? No, didn't think so. Fab is no different, it's just you get to make the all important first impression in a totally different way. So here goes....

Some people on here will have zero interest in meeting with you simply because of your age. There is nothing you can do about it, so don't fret. Concentrate on finding the people that would like to meet a young man like you. Refine your search by ticking the "I must match their age requirements too" box. Also refine your search by age, distance etc. There is no point contacting people hundreds of miles away if you cannot 100% commit to a meet.

Once you have those search results READ their profiles. It's such basic advice but so few follow it. Don't bother messaging those whose profile you don't meet. If it says they are looking for a bi guy, or a chubby guy, that's not you so don't waste your time or theirs.

Consider how you approach people, don't just write 'Hi', 'Fancy a chat' or any other generic one liner, it WILL get you ignored. If you followed the advice above and read the persons profile then there should be some common ground to write about. It doesn't have to be war and peace, just enough to show some interst and stand out from the cheesy one liners.

Now, providing you have sent a message that will entice them to look further, they will 99% of the time look at your profile before responding. So now you have to sell yourself. Quite frankly the 34 words you have managed to write on your profile won't impress anyone. It says nothing about you, and could be interpreted as 'I have nothing to say so you need to contact me', which I'm sure is not the impression you intended to make.

At present your profile couldn't sell a Big Mac to a starving man, so it's not going to sell you to prospective meets. We are a couple that do meet guys of your age, and one look at your profile would instantly put us off looking any further. Nobody knows you as well as you know you, and if you have nothing to say about yourself it could be interpreted as there is nothing worth saying about you. That's probably not true, but would you start a conversation in person with someone if you thought you would only get single word answers because they have nothing to say?

Write something about you, what you have to offer, what your limits are etc. Basically - make people interested in you. As a single guy you are already fighting an uphill battle; as a young guy too your battle isn't uphill, its practically up a cliff! That doesn't mean you won't have any luck, but you really need to look at your profile, so as to ensure you make the best possible first impression. the first impression is the first hurdle after all.

Put on some pics. Face pics are best, cock pics are generally not required in your public profile, and anything in between is great. Next time it's a lovely day, get out and take some selfies somewhere nice. You can always pixelate your face if you are really concerned that every one of the 15 miliion or so people in London will recognise you instantly.

However your profile is not everything. Get involved with the forums, get involved in the chatroom too, both are great ways of getting to know people with no pressure and no first time nerves.

Try to get off the site and meet people socially or even try a club. You could always sign up to an organised social, where you may meet many people from the area, and perhaps make a better impression face to face than via the Internet. It might be a little nerve wracking the first time, but what harm can having a coffee or a pint with a stranger really do?

Good luck

By *ools and the brainCouple 10 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Kittens and puppies.

Also chocolate and be an arse, women seem to be attracted to guy's who treat them like shit

Ohhh and don't listen to any of this advice

» Add a new message to this topic