FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are the forums

Are the forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odgerMoore OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Carlisle

Becoming more like normal social media… more toxic, more divided … less fun?

Discuss

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rsKOTCTWoman 12 weeks ago

Leeds

No, no, no & no

By *iddlesticksMan 12 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"No, no, no & no "

I love the Vicar of Dibley.

By *rcticFoxxxWoman 12 weeks ago

Hereabouts

Nah. I get more bans on other social media than I do here

By *otSoPoshWoman 12 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Do you feel like they are, OP?

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 12 weeks ago

somewhere

No, I use here over post places now, it's not advert after advert for a start!

By *ellhungvweMan 12 weeks ago

Cheltenham

They have become repetitive. Someone posts something, it gets traction and then two or three others push variants of it to appear popular. Or a thread just keeps going and you end up at number 456. That sucks the life out of other things.

By *ripfillMan 12 weeks ago

havant

Hi OP

it’s a real mixture - the spice of life here on fab

It can be really humours daft and delightful yet on some topics this platform gives great gravitas to issues which in truth i revel in the inner knowledge and special experience FABBERS really add to this community experience

Long may it continue… please !

Carlisle

"Do you feel like they are, OP?"

Im not on socials NSP - I was for a very short time - found it largely populated by a lot of underinformed but nevertheless self professed experts in a variety of subjects - so decided it wasn’t for me - too many people trying to live a perfect virtual life and convince everyone that their lives were perfect.

I think sometimes here can get fractious - lots seem to want to appear to always be on the ‘right’ side of a discussion - or so it appears. I saw a post that described swingers here as a liberal , non-judgmental bunch - obviously never seen a married guy shredded for cheating

I seem to remember years ago a thread by a married guy cheating would probably have been largely ignored but now its almost like a dog whistle post - definitely a different response. That’s just a for instance xx

By *assing Fancies xCouple 12 weeks ago

Sherwood Forest

No we dont think so... I've not seen anyone checking into hospital on here yet anyway

By *agatoXXXMan 12 weeks ago

North Haverbrook

Yes, but without the photos of your dinner.

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

"Nah. I get more bans on other social media than I do here "

Seriously - don't think I have been banned from other social media (I get a polite question from Twitter, asking if I really want to post that and then reminding me that many users would not). I do spend time on the naughty step here.

By *uriousscouserWoman 12 weeks ago

Wirral

"No we dont think so... I've not seen anyone checking into hospital on here yet anyway "

Or massive rants addressed either to "some people" or "to the man in the silver car on the M53 this morning".

By *imply DeeWoman 12 weeks ago

Wherever

I don’t think so but I admit repetitive threads with just a few same people engaging put me off.

By *ongandharderMan 12 weeks ago

Rotherham

Some stuff gets a bit repetitive but I wouldn't say they have an issue

By *ittlebirdWoman 12 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"

I seem to remember years ago a thread by a married guy cheating would probably have been largely ignored but now its almost like a dog whistle post - definitely a different response. That’s just a for instance xx"

I don’t think that response has ever changed over many many years. It almost makes me wonder why they still get posted? …. For attention perhaps?

Carlisle

"

I seem to remember years ago a thread by a married guy cheating would probably have been largely ignored but now its almost like a dog whistle post - definitely a different response. That’s just a for instance xx

I don’t think that response has ever changed over many many years. It almost makes me wonder why they still get posted? …. For attention perhaps?

"

It has to be for attention… xx

By *herry delightWoman 12 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

It has definitely become more toxic, there is a lot more kink shaming.

The subject matter of some threads I feel are inappropriate for a sex site.

"Do you feel like they are, OP?

Im not on socials NSP - I was for a very short time - found it largely populated by a lot of underinformed but nevertheless self professed experts in a variety of subjects - so decided it wasn’t for me - too many people trying to live a perfect virtual life and convince everyone that their lives were perfect.

I think sometimes here can get fractious - lots seem to want to appear to always be on the ‘right’ side of a discussion - or so it appears. I saw a post that described swingers here as a liberal , non-judgmental bunch - obviously never seen a married guy shredded for cheating

I seem to remember years ago a thread by a married guy cheating would probably have been largely ignored but now its almost like a dog whistle post - definitely a different response. That’s just a for instance xx"

I think a married guy cheating thread (for instance) has always been a dog whistle, but as with most threads it does depend on the first few answers and who posts them.

Threads can get fractious, but I think no more or less than society does. The difference between now and before, though, I believe is down to people's attitudes towards the pixels on their screen. People in general are more inclined to throw a grenade and watch the aftermath, or go in guns blazing and damn the consequences. In that way, yes, the fab forum is similar to the other social media. But that's online life these days.

I don't think people have changed their use a massive amount though, although that may be a good or bad thing.

I don't really know if I've answered the question, but I hope I kinda did?

By *iker JackMan 12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I think for me there are some great points raised and great general chat.

That said there is an element of playgroundism as well.

People have a choice to read or interact with a post, if it’s not your thing then move on

There does seem to be some posts that, whether purposefully or not, antagonise a response or a point.

I’ve always been told sometimes it’s better just to ignore something.

We interact here and can get wound up over things and people we will never meet. Let alone sleep with.

I will caveat though. Any posts of homophobia, or racism should be reported and let admin deal accordingly

Carlisle

"Do you feel like they are, OP?

I think a married guy cheating thread (for instance) has always been a dog whistle, but as with most threads it does depend on the first few answers and who posts them.

Threads can get fractious, but I think no more or less than society does. The difference between now and before, though, I believe is down to people's attitudes towards the pixels on their screen. People in general are more inclined to throw a grenade and watch the aftermath, or go in guns blazing and damn the consequences. In that way, yes, the fab forum is similar to the other social media. But that's online life these days.

I don't think people have changed their use a massive amount though, although that may be a good or bad thing.

I don't really know if I've answered the question, but I hope I kinda did?"

Sorry I was looking at your boobs… am i shallow??

Yes you did and as usual well thought out and articulate xx

"

Sorry I was looking at your boobs… am i shallow??

Yes you did and as usual well thought out and articulate xx "

Totally shallow but that's acceptable

Thanks x

By *oewes69Man 12 weeks ago

wakefield

I like these forums. Only just started using them and i think they are great. Can chat ask questions and also get tips. Think its mint. Hope it dosnt change

By *wistntwirlCouple 12 weeks ago

Middle Land

"Becoming more like normal social media… more toxic, more divided … less fun?

Discuss "

They're pretty boring these days. It was more fun when it was more toxic and more divided

» Add a new message to this topic