FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Photo filters

Photo filters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker Jack OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

If someone has photo filters do you ask to see a non filtered photo before meeting them?

When taking and showing photos on here the majority will try and show photos they are predominantly happy with, they may include filters or certain body parts covered or at a clever angle. This can include men who wear a hat and remove it and are bald or balding or any other examples

Have you ever met someone who looks different to the photos they have sent and then what do you do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 12 weeks ago

somewhere

Men don't generally use a filter but I do ask for an update to date photo, not one from circa 2018 lol.

I never pretend to look any different, I make sure that they can see my wobbly bits, I guess the only thing different is on a day to day I don't wear make up so if I was to bump into someone I've agreed to meet, I would look quite different in that respect

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

I find men are pretty straight forward with their pics and always look like I expect them to.

Me on the other hand, i do warn guys they aren't getting what's in my pictures. Filters are my friend.

By *ot to giggleWoman 12 weeks ago

Coventry

yea i have asked and been faced with a person who was obviously a lot older that the sent photos. Its hard, you can facetime someone - most people are honest, some are not - i ask for a photo and contact information as a safety measure - but yea its a leap of faith

By *bi HaiveMan 12 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"If someone has photo filters do you ask to see a non filtered photo before meeting them?

When taking and showing photos on here the majority will try and show photos they are predominantly happy with, they may include filters or certain body parts covered or at a clever angle. This can include men who wear a hat and remove it and are bald or balding or any other examples

Have you ever met someone who looks different to the photos they have sent and then what do you do?"

I've seen no end of photos on here that are heavily filtered and that don't look (facially at least) 100% like the profile owner. And it tends to be something that's done by women more than men in my experience. It's easy to spot. The same filters are common on all kinds of social media.

I don't specifically ask for an unedited photo, because if I had any doubts about wanting to meet someone it wouldn't be down purely to anything visual. But I go into any conversation or social meet well aware that the person I'm meeting will look 'different' to an online photo, be that facially or in terms of body shape/size.

Filtered photos and carefully angled shots are kind of to be expected on a site where many will make a snap choice based just on visuals.

But some people are less bothered than others, and if you click with the personality and mindset of someone then it's down to your own view as to whether the use of filters is important or not.

In an ideal world they wouldn't get used. But because some people are less confident and also because others are so focused on aesthetics and visuals, it will always happen online.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 12 weeks ago

chichester

"If someone has photo filters do you ask to see a non filtered photo before meeting them?

Have you ever met someone who looks different to the photos they have sent and then what do you do?"

I’ll always want to video call first for a few minutes to confirm we all look as we do and are still attracted

This day and age anyone that can’t / won’t do this i deem is unlikely to meet . Only time I won’t ask this is if meeting in a club as Dominican going to club not fir them specifically so I can just walk off if not cup of tea

By *rsKOTCTWoman 12 weeks ago

Leeds

I've asked before especially those snap filters that do smooth out and change face shapes etc.

I'm a filter lover but I change the light only not my shape/size and I wouldn't smooth anything out, my rolls and wrinkles stay.

On my couples profile we've met someone who's filters took a good 15 years odd, it was a huge waste of time.

By *aomilatteCouple 12 weeks ago

Midlands

If they use filters where they're miraculously wrinkle free and cartoonlike we're unlikely to reply in the first place. We're savvy about camera angles too.

By *emorefridaCouple 12 weeks ago

La la land

If someone uses a lot of filters on photos, it suggests to me that they're not confident about they look. To me personally it puts me off a bit as, I find confidence attractive.

By *otSoPoshWoman 12 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Have you ever met someone who looks different to the photos they have sent and then what do you do?

I've seen no end of photos on here that are heavily filtered and that don't look (facially at least) 100% like the profile owner. And it tends to be something that's done by women more than men in my experience. It's easy to spot. The same filters are common on all kinds of social media.

I don't specifically ask for an unedited photo, because if I had any doubts about wanting to meet someone it wouldn't be down purely to anything visual. But I go into any conversation or social meet well aware that the person I'm meeting will look 'different' to an online photo, be that facially or in terms of body shape/size.

Filtered photos and carefully angled shots are kind of to be expected on a site where many will make a snap choice based just on visuals.

But some people are less bothered than others, and if you click with the personality and mindset of someone then it's down to your own view as to whether the use of filters is important or not.

In an ideal world they wouldn't get used. But because some people are less confident and also because others are so focused on aesthetics and visuals, it will always happen online. "

What he said.

But I will add that while men may be less likely to use filters, they are often more likely to not understand that a face picture isn't a face picture without the ability to see the eyes (so take off those shades, people) and I've had a few socials in the past where either someone completely different to the photos has shown up or the photos have been years old. In one case I'm pretty sure he had to scan the pics in from the prints he got from Boots in the 1980s.

By *laytime_13Woman 12 weeks ago

Lincs

Having learnt the hard way, I always video call if travelling now

If it’s local and just a social I’ll take a punt, though I will ask for a normal/natural recent face pic first if we’ve not already done that.

Even if a photo isn’t filtered as such, if there’s editing with light and whatnot, I often prefer the real version anyway.

Beyond turning a picture black and white I have no photo editing ability but I do obviously pick and choose what photos I post, so I always try and send a more normal one too so people can run away screaming in private and not have to be polite to my face

By *electableicecreamMan 12 weeks ago

The West

I just take for granted that people are going to look a little different in person. Everyone wants to put their best foot forward and look good and feel confident with their photos when they put themselves out there.

I don't ask for a clear pic and I've never been asked.

All of my photos are cropped and edited for light, colour, contrast etc and I certainly choose the most flattering angle's. Sure why wouldn't I.

» Add a new message to this topic