FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I want to ride my bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reative-mind OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Exeter

The fine people of fab, please help. I've finally admitted that I need to get fit so brought myself a bike as a means of transport and to get fit.

Sadly the seat has caused some ummm well tenderness around an area I really don't want to be tender below the belt so to speak.

Any advice from cycling people.... just to add nothing has gone inside me perverts before anyone makes that joke!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hocolate37Man 12 weeks ago

Heathrow

You can change the seat. Gel-filled, extra padded, there's all sorts of variations...

By *lueLotusWoman 12 weeks ago

the wilderness

You can get gel bike seat covers in any good bike shop they make the seat a lot comfier

By *r John WickMan 12 weeks ago

The Continental

Given time, your gooch will harden to the experience. It takes a couple weeks or so but the pain does go away the more you ride.

By *otsossieMan 12 weeks ago

Chesterfield

Get cycling shorts. Use bum butter and no other underwear.

Vids online about adjusting your seat.

You’ll get used to it after a week or two of the above, but I tend to rest with a straight leg on the pedal and bum off the seat. Not sitting down helps massively!

Oh and if you’re riding rough surfaces you might want to revisit your tyres & pressures. Just don’t run them TOO low or they’ll puncture / spit you off.

By *andyfloss2000Woman 12 weeks ago

ashford

Get a gel seat cover or even 2! Once u have been broken in so to speak u will be fine! I'm allowed to ride mine again this week after 6 weeks with a broken wrist! Yay! I love cycling ! Good luck! X

By *elloWoman 12 weeks ago

alpha centauri

I want to ride .... more than a handful of guys on these forums, and I'm certain I'll end up with tenderness around a certain area .

Oh you meant ride a push bike, yeah I don't want to do that, I'm not made for exercise

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

" just to add nothing has gone inside me perverts before anyone makes that joke! "

By *lder.Woman 12 weeks ago

Not Local

" just to add nothing has gone inside me perverts before anyone makes that joke!

"

Not yet, just wait till you've applied bum butter and removed your underwear

By *Silver-Man 12 weeks ago

Mold

Dont wear lycra

By *rHotNottsMan 12 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

You can get a gel seat cover but you are better off just getting used to it it as it goes after a little while

By *.R.MMan 12 weeks ago

Norfolk

Get the shorts/bib shorts with a gel filled pad

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

On a more serious note, have you considered buying a pair of those padded serious cyclist shorts? They hug you tightly as an added bonus.

By *he turned me GreyCouple 12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Transition back to your car

Mr

By *iker JackMan 12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

The best advice is time. It takes time to get used to it.

Also don’t wear underwear or any additional padding on the seat. It creates friction and that’s not good.

Get some good gel padded shorts. I have cycled thousands of miles and honestly when Aldi or Lidl have them get them, I find they are brilliant and the size you are matches the size they sell

Most cycling clothing manufacturers think we are all stick insects and an xl is more like a small medium

Maybe consider a saddle with the centre piece cut out. Less downward pressure

But time is your friend on this one.

By *avinaTVTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"Given time, your gooch will harden to the experience. It takes a couple weeks or so but the pain does go away the more you ride. "

In this regard, it is quite like sex...

By *he Silver FuxMan 12 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

As an ex pro bike mechanic don’t fall for the extra padding / extra width will be better myth - you need to find a saddle that matches the geometry of your sit bones. Also what bike do you have? - saddles for road racing are not the same as saddles for a mountain bike because of posture (upright versus leaning forward).

Bear in mind that one very important issue rarely recognised is the pounds per square inch factor. There is a natural limit to the surface area you can physically have between your legs and still be able to pedal. Pro cyclists aren’t heavy generally (60kgs soaking wet) so the pressure on their saddles is not as great as say a 100kg dude trying to get fit. Heavier riders struggle to find a really comfortable saddle just because there’s a limit. Also - more expensive is not necessarily better for comfort, perineum cutouts are good for keeping blood flow to your dick, wide bouncy spring saddles are no good unless you’re riding a Dutch Town Bike (ie riding bolt upright), don’t use a female seat if you’re a dude, briefly sitting on one will be no indicator of actual riding comfort, be prepared to have buy a few cheap saddles and try them all. When you do find a good saddle that fits, buy another two and save them.

By *algraMan 12 weeks ago

Colchester

No underwear get a set of cycling shorts use anti chafing cream and if it's still an issue speak to a reputable bike shop on saddles

By *8on33Man 12 weeks ago

winfrith

"The fine people of fab, please help. I've finally admitted that I need to get fit so brought myself a bike as a means of transport and to get fit.

Sadly the seat has caused some ummm well tenderness around an area I really don't want to be tender below the belt so to speak.

Any advice from cycling people.... just to add nothing has gone inside me perverts before anyone makes that joke! "

Swap it for a larger more comfortable seat .

By *oquars19458Man 12 weeks ago

sheffield

Check Ergon saddles, and has already been said, proper cycling shorts, if you dont like lycra the Baden Powell baggy shorts come with internal padding

Sudocreme works well on your bits

By *wingamajigsCouple 12 weeks ago

Folkestone

Endura short liners

By *cotsguyyMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

There's no real trick, just going to take time to get used to it. Try and find a good fitting seat.

By *oodguy71pMan 12 weeks ago

Wantage

[Removed by poster at 24/06/24 17:59:19]

By *oodguy71pMan 12 weeks ago

Wantage

"Get a gel seat cover or even 2! Once u have been broken in so to speak u will be fine! I'm allowed to ride mine again this week after 6 weeks with a broken wrist! Yay! I love cycling ! Good luck! X"

While we're on the subject of cycling and you're in Kent CandyFloss, have you ridden the Cantii way and if so whats it like?....and anyone else for that matter?

By *enegadeMMan 12 weeks ago

oxford

Padded shorts are an absolute game changer… and if it’s early days then it will take some getting used to as well.

And the seat can always be swapped out for something else … but personally I just bib shorts

Exeter

"As an ex pro bike mechanic don’t fall for the extra padding / extra width will be better myth - you need to find a saddle that matches the geometry of your sit bones. Also what bike do you have? - saddles for road racing are not the same as saddles for a mountain bike because of posture (upright versus leaning forward).

Bear in mind that one very important issue rarely recognised is the pounds per square inch factor. There is a natural limit to the surface area you can physically have between your legs and still be able to pedal. Pro cyclists aren’t heavy generally (60kgs soaking wet) so the pressure on their saddles is not as great as say a 100kg dude trying to get fit. Heavier riders struggle to find a really comfortable saddle just because there’s a limit. Also - more expensive is not necessarily better for comfort, perineum cutouts are good for keeping blood flow to your dick, wide bouncy spring saddles are no good unless you’re riding a Dutch Town Bike (ie riding bolt upright), don’t use a female seat if you’re a dude, briefly sitting on one will be no indicator of actual riding comfort, be prepared to have buy a few cheap saddles and try them all. When you do find a good saddle that fits, buy another two and save them.

"

OK I think I've got all that. It's an appolo road bike, I'm mainly using it to get to and from work.

Exeter

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to grin a bear it for a bit... very eye opening that most cyclists you see out and about are commando.

By *otSoPoshWoman 12 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I'm in for gentle rubbing of the affected area.

Because I'm nice like that

» Add a new message to this topic