FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > An interesting thought

An interesting thought

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker Jack OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I was listening to a podcast over the weekend which raised an interesting point

People in their 30s/40s and 50s are having a hard time at the moment. Often our moral compass is given to us by our parents actions.

For me my mum never worked, she was expected to keep the house clean, provide the meals and kids were to be seen and not heard

However our kids are showing us a different way of the world. In some cases much changed to how we grew up.

Thinking about it I guess this is the same for every skipped generation. Naturally things change and we can either embrace them or challenge them but that can mean we can distance ourselves from our kids.

So can you embrace change, do you challenge other peoples opinions or are you afraid to? Can people with different opinions truly get on.

I don’t mean jam or cream on a scone first but that said that can be totally divisive as well

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 12 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I embrace some change but not all. I try to see the benefits.

I think people with different opinions can get along but it depends on what the opinions are and how they're expressed

By *ellhungvweMan 12 weeks ago

Cheltenham

There were good things in the old days and bad things. There are good things in the new days and bad things. Your job as an adult is to pick out the good things and drop the bad - simply accepting all the new ways or staying with the old ways is the wrong way to play the game.

By *ipShakerMan 12 weeks ago

Gateshead

As a 50yr old,I think as you get older and the way of life changes we tend not to keep up with changing life. Being open and interested inyounger kids doing stuff is one way of keeping intouch of modern life. Perfect example is YouTubers. Some folk might not see that as a job, but in reality it takes alot of hard work and it can become a very rewarding career. Be open to change, treat people with the respect they deserve.

By *ealitybitesMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

I can deal with change to some degree but it depends on what those changes involve or how they affect me directly.

I don't mind people having different opinions as long as they accept that mine are just as valid.

If they are using their opinions or beliefs as a stick to beat me with, my first reaction will always be to hit back regardless of how valid their point may be.

» Add a new message to this topic