FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A leap of faith

A leap of faith

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    13 weeks ago

Do you? Have you?

I posted something this morning about. If you never go for it, you will never get it, type thing.

When is the last time you did something like that? And did it work out?

Fab… real life…

*I’m hoping for wonderful inspiring stories here.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lowupdollTV/TS 13 weeks ago

S. Herts

Done it all my life. Moving across the country without knowing anyone. Changing jobs without a new one lined up (gotta back yoself). Coming out in my early 20s (culture note for the youngsters…it was different back then). Loads.

By *r John WickMan 13 weeks ago

The Continental

Yeah.

My brother and I had a DrUnKeN conversation about climbing Kilimanjaro together. The idea was that we’d motivate each other to actually book it and do it.

He bailed and never did book it, giving me the decision about going it alone or not. I went ahead and booked/paid for it the same day. No backing out available without losing a bucket loads cash. Best thing I ever did.

Oh, second one. Committing to IVF treatment with Mrs Wick. That was a pretty big one I reckon.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 13 weeks ago

somewhere

Not really a leapy type of person but I have gave up my old life and moved from Kent to Essex in 2016, only knowing the other half, no job and then in 2018 we took a huge move to run a hotel together near Gatwick and he's never lived anywhere other than his hometown, we need immediately we had made a mistake but couldn't go back, then thankfully for us COVID hit (in the nicest possible way) got made redundant and now we have a forever home, both in jobs we love.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 13 weeks ago

Southampton

I dropped the l-bomb to my fwb.... it went badly .... I have told someone I like them .. seems to have gone right over their head .... that's it... I'm done ....

By *educing_EmCouple 13 weeks ago

Tipperary

I propositioned someone who is not in this lifestyle, it worked out and it's been amazing

By *inky_couple2020Couple 13 weeks ago

North West

"Do you? Have you?

I posted something this morning about. If you never go for it, you will never get it, type thing.

When is the last time you did something like that? And did it work out?

Fab… real life…

*I’m hoping for wonderful inspiring stories here. "

Last weekend.

And just now.

By *icecouple561Couple 13 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We did when we sold our house and downsized. Best thing we ever did but it was scary

By *rsKOTCTWoman 13 weeks ago

Leeds

I made this profile, that counts right?? I put it off for ages then finally plucked up the courage & pleased I did.

By *till gameMan 13 weeks ago

two doors down

I was asked by a friend if I would come along with her to a casting interview.

While waiting for her, a guy came by and asked if I was here for interview

I said no, he said would you like an interview, I said ok.

turns out he was the manager of the agency

Had some great and some not so great days on sets of soaps etc

But was really interesting how it all worked

By *midnight-Woman 13 weeks ago

I made a snap decision based on raging horn - it was both the best and most terrifying experience of my life

By *rHotNottsMan 13 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Oh all the time lol, it’s how I’ve lived since age 15. I took a job in Lagos, Nigeria a few years ago , I was apprehensive but thought fuck it why not.

I spent six months there and got malaria but had the best time ever , made some great friends, fished red snapper in the Atlantic most weekends and made a fuck load of money & got to Lifetime Titanium Elite on Marriot Bonvoy

By *ansoffateMan 13 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

All love requires a leap of faith.

It worked out with my wife, instant boom fucking terrifying; we did it anyway. We were still together 18 years later.

You snooze you lose I find that's often true. But then I like sleep too, so... Losing isn't always so bad.

By *ea monkeyMan 13 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

I have yes. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t

By *avinaTVTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

We emigrated to a country where we knew virtually no-one, without any work lined up. So... yes.

By *ot to giggleWoman 13 weeks ago

Coventry

Was fed up with everything so messaged a school.in China, bought a ticket and flew out alone, was an amazing experience.

Done quite a few bits ..

Southampton

Actually one thing I did do spontaneously one night while I couldn't sleep was book a flight to New Zealand so I could go out to my friends wedding... I'd been umming and aahing about it and though... fuck it.... spent two weeks travelling around NZ on my own. .

Southampton

"Actually one thing I did do spontaneously one night while I couldn't sleep was book a flight to New Zealand so I could go out to my friends wedding... I'd been umming and aahing about it and though... fuck it.... spent two weeks travelling around NZ on my own. . "

And following on from that I took a leap of faith leaving NZ as covid was going everywhere and getting to South Korea... after learning my onward flight from Seoul to London was cancelled!!

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 13 weeks ago

North West

Hell Yes. I'm not afraid to take risks, pack up, move, change my life.

If I don't take charge of my destiny, who will?

By *laytime_13Woman 13 weeks ago

Lincs

Yep.

Moved to the other side of the country 18 months ago.

Didn’t know anyone up here, left some good friends behind, hadn’t heard of the town where I live now, which I now count as home, until I visited it and bought my house on the second visit here, after a 10 minute viewing.

Still in touch with the friends from down south and made a bunch of new friends up here.

So far so good.

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

Quite a few times.

18 went and lived abroad for a year. 26 quit my job and went back to full time education. 32 went to work in HK for two years. 35 went to work for an NGO in Cambodia for three years. 49 started my own company.

» Add a new message to this topic