FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Life without Fab

Life without Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eturn of curiouscple OP   Couple 13 weeks ago

Guildford

For those long term couples who have been properly involved in the Swinging lifestyle together for many years, is it possible to stay together but step away from the whole scene completely?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

Of course it is. This sort of thing can of course be addictive but just like any drug you can and really should control your use of it.

We stepped out of fab for over a year because of work commitments and discretion and now we are back are significantly more subdued of profile.

Maybe I'll be shot down here but there should be more to your life than just fab?

By *eturn of curiouscple OP   Couple 13 weeks ago

Guildford

"Of course it is. This sort of thing can of course be addictive but just like any drug you can and really should control your use of it.

We stepped out of fab for over a year because of work commitments and discretion and now we are back are significantly more subdued of profile.

Maybe I'll be shot down here but there should be more to your life than just fab?"

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 13 weeks ago

somewhere

While Rubik and I are here, singles and couples profile, we are only here because fab means something to both of us (we met on the forums) but other than that, we don't do anything swinging related, it's been a bit of a change because it has been our life for the past almost 9 years.

I said to him back at the start of the year when we were having problems: I don't know if we would be ok living in a normal world, but here we are rocking it, we've lost friends since we stopped going out, I speak to hardly anyone anymore (because my close friends were swinging friends) but we know we are in a much, happier place now. Not sure I/we could delete fab permanently, not just yet anyway x

By *rsKOTCTWoman 13 weeks ago

Leeds

Of course there's way more to life than fab, this is a little bit of fun for us, when it's not fun we'll leave.

We've had little breaks before and I'm sure we will again.

It's far from a lifestyle for us.

The replies on these kinds threads from couples are always the same - “of course we can stop, if one of wants to stop swinging we both will”. Of course publicly a couple are going to say this on their joint profile.

Any in many cases, of course, they’re right.

Since I first signed up on Fab as a wet behind the ears newbie around 2014 or so (on a long since UNLOSed profile) I’ve sadly seen a number of couples break up when their sex needs start to diverge.

I’ve had female halves of couples contacting me (and meeting!) privately behind their partners backs (I know, I know, hard to believe I grant you, but I did have a kind of halcyon period on Fab around 2015-7, those days have long since gone!).

If you’ve done a lot of swinging you become accustomed to having sex with many people, so I’m not convinced that turning off that tap all of a sudden will necessarily be easy for BOTH parties if one of them wants a break.

Swinging couples are no different I guess to normal vanilla ones - some will be very tight in their commitment, others not so.

By *aomilatteCouple 13 weeks ago

Midlands

"The replies on these kinds threads from couples are always the same - “of course we can stop, if one of wants to stop swinging we both will”. Of course publicly a couple are going to say this on their joint profile.

Since I first signed up on Fab as a wet behind the ears newbie around 2014 or so (on a long since UNLOSed profile) I’ve sadly seen a number of couples break up when their sex needs start to diverge."

We've seen a lot of couples split up too. We've seen lots of drama in club's between couples that doesn't get seen on Fab. Many of the couples don't actually have sex with each other very often (it's beeen admitted to us) and try to "spice up" their sex live, which often leads to failure.

By *aomilatteCouple 13 weeks ago

Midlands

"For those long term couples who have been properly involved in the Swinging lifestyle together for many years, is it possible to stay together but step away from the whole scene completely?"

During the lockdowns we went nearly 2 years without fun with others (unlike some on here who were still meeting). We only play 3 or 4 times a year anyway (and haven't since January), so personally we're very happy having our own fun and have great memories if it stopped today.

By *ripfillMan 13 weeks ago

havant

Life without fab …

Curious because life experiences existed before however - never have I found a more open and non judgmental platform on which you can be heard or hear both fun, knowledge of a variety of topics so varied but with a communal group who can be very honest ( and yes take the piss too )

I have met some amazing people through Fab it’s become a bit of a drug, too time consuming at inappropriate times !!

Plus there is a kinship for those who use it

Plus the cam rooms are there to excite too

It’s bare naked honestly I hope in the main, now

( checking when my subscription needs renewing )

By *wistntwirlCouple 13 weeks ago

Middle Land

Although we've been involved since 2012 I don't think we've ever been 'properly involved'.

This isn't a lifestyle for us, just an occasional bit of fun.

"The replies on these kinds threads from couples are always the same - “of course we can stop, if one of wants to stop swinging we both will”. Of course publicly a couple are going to say this on their joint profile.

Since I first signed up on Fab as a wet behind the ears newbie around 2014 or so (on a long since UNLOSed profile) I’ve sadly seen a number of couples break up when their sex needs start to diverge.

I’ve had female halves of couples contacting me (and meeting!) privately behind their partners backs (I know, I know, hard to believe I grant you, but I did have a kind of halcyon period on Fab around 2015-7, those days have long since gone!).

If you’ve done a lot of swinging you become accustomed to having sex with many people, so I’m not convinced that turning off that tap all of a sudden will necessarily be easy for BOTH parties if one of them wants a break.

Swinging couples are no different I guess to normal vanilla ones - some will be very tight in their commitment, others not so. "

I know it's probably intimated that the thread title means stopping swinging but it does say without fab

We didn't hard stop for a year we just stopped using any online resources including fab.

Agreed that a hard stop because one or the other of a couple needs to quit is probably for emotional reasons and those sometimes wash out negatively but not always.

There will always be those that seek desperately for ways to resurrect a dying relationship and yes you will cross paths with them here. There will also unfortunately always be those that act behind their partners back be that in the vanilla or swinging world

By *punk n gushCouple 13 weeks ago

walmer

Definitely is we started in our 20s stepped away to raise a family and came back to the scene 4 years ago

By *JcuriousCouple 13 weeks ago

Derby

I'd say of course it is, well for us it is anyway.

It's only a added extra to our relationship, if one of us wants to pull out, we both do.

Miss S x

By *icecouple561Couple 13 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's possible but if swinging is the only or main thing keeping a couple together it'll be difficult

By *heSchwingersCouple 13 weeks ago

Essex

We take breaks for various lengths. This is a bit of fun when it gets boring or repetitive taking a break happens naturally x

By *lym4realCouple 13 weeks ago

plymouth

WE've had alot of time away from the "Scene" over the years and this should be just part of your life we think anway and something we make room for around our everyday life as we tend to think that people who do have lives other than this site or other sites make for far more interesting meets and maybe fun ? and we'd be bloody exhausted with a near constant search to get a meet ect but that's just pair of olden farts and each to their own and that's what makes the site still interesting ?

By *umagain58Man 13 weeks ago

London

I am married and we both swing together and apart. We have had very short periods away from swinging. However we both find this very addictive and both go back to. We have met many lovely people and made good friends. When they call us the temptation is too much if you have not been swinging for a while. Appreciate others different but we are very comfortable with our meets so can’t see us giving this up

By *eyond PurityCouple 13 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

This is a bit of extra for us.

We wouldn’t miss it if we both made the decision to walk away.

C would have to give me daily BJ’s to compensate

K

» Add a new message to this topic