FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Asked out :)

Asked out :)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just been asked out by a customer in the shop, lied and sad I couldn't as I was married. I'm widowed but still wear my ring. Hated lying

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

then why lie?

being married wouldn't necessarily put some off anyway

Some people will do anything to get themselves a bit of friends and family discount

Don't be worrying about lying, be smiling because someone asked you out.

It is a nice feeling.

Sometimes being on sites like this, we forget about the simple stuff

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

if you didn't want to go out with him i think you were being kind, i wouldn't worry about such a lie as it seems that it was to save his embarrasment. Z

"then why lie?

being married wouldn't necessarily put some off anyway"

Because I didn't want to be nasty so was easier to say I was married then say no I'm single but your not for me, easier to do it on the Internet but not face to face xxx

By *asey369Woman  over a year ago

London

That's a nice lie to tell then!

i might be old fashioned but i would never ask anyone out if they were wearing a wedding or engagement ring , just me i guess

When I was widowed I always found it easier to lie .

Saves that awkward bit

"Just been asked out by a customer in the shop, lied and sad I couldn't as I was married. I'm widowed but still wear my ring. Hated lying "
. Do you class yourself as married still although your widowed.??? I was widowed 18 mths ago I class myself as a married woman but single if that makes sense......don't know your circumstances but I've learnt since becoming a widow you don't know what's round the corner so I'd say go for it. Apologise to him as you were a bit taken aback by the invite,,, but do it,,,,,,,,,go girl

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Unfortunately the side effect is if he now sees you with a male on a date he will address him as your husband

"Just been asked out by a customer in the shop, lied and sad I couldn't as I was married. I'm widowed but still wear my ring. Hated lying . Do you class yourself as married still although your widowed.??? I was widowed 18 mths ago I class myself as a married woman but single if that makes sense......don't know your circumstances but I've learnt since becoming a widow you don't know what's round the corner so I'd say go for it. Apologise to him as you were a bit taken aback by the invite,,, but do it,,,,,,,,,go girl"

I'm not sure, yes in a way I still class myself as married, even spent yesterday with my lovely in laws but I know I'm single as he's never going to be here but also even though its been years would still feel a bit awkward having a boyfriend I know one day it will happen and I can't be alone forever but I feel the guilt as well

"Just been asked out by a customer in the shop, lied and sad I couldn't as I was married. I'm widowed but still wear my ring. Hated lying . Do you class yourself as married still although your widowed.??? I was widowed 18 mths ago I class myself as a married woman but single if that makes sense......don't know your circumstances but I've learnt since becoming a widow you don't know what's round the corner so I'd say go for it. Apologise to him as you were a bit taken aback by the invite,,, but do it,,,,,,,,,go girl .......

I'm not sure, yes in a way I still class myself as married, even spent yesterday with my lovely in laws but I know I'm single as he's never going to be here but also even though its been years would still feel a bit awkward having a boyfriend I know one day it will happen and I can't be alone forever but I feel the guilt as well "

. Know exactly where your comin from with the guilt

It's funny the lies you tell to avoid continued conversation with strangers, when I was first widowed I told strangers that asked about it that I was divorced, saved dealing with that whole conversation, never was sure whose benefit that lie was for, seemed that I couldn't handle false sympathy, but also didn't want to put them in that situation either.

Similarly when out with female friends I have been husband, brother, friend or some guy she met in the last bar, depending on how much she fancied or otherwise the guy doing the asking.

By *orkshire born and bredMan  over a year ago

Preston & Bradford

Just because someone asks you out, doesn't mean you have to say yes, don't feel obliged and also don't feel bad, better to be straight about things than lead someone on

By *orkshire born and bredMan  over a year ago

Preston & Bradford

Only you will decide when the time is right to move on and if that never comes then so be it but you should never ever feel bad for saying no to someone.

» Add a new message to this topic