FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pet Loss

Pet Loss

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ormerWelshcouple2020 OP   Man 8 weeks ago

Stourbridge

I lost my wonderful best friend on boxing day my loving loyal dog.

It was sudden and traumatic rushing to an emergency vet but he didn’t make it and died on the journey. I’m filling up with tears as I type.

I still can’t speak about him without bursting into tears.

How do others cope.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *enriette and SamCouple 8 weeks ago

The Magic whip

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

Hugs op

By *uzie69xTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Maidstone

{{{ big hugs }}}

By *obilebottomMan 8 weeks ago

All over

Manu of us here feel the same and feel for you too. Sorry for your loss. All you can do is thing of a the lovely stuff and keep good happy memories.

By *lderflowerappleWoman 8 weeks ago

North Hampshire

I'm so sorry for your loss OP.

I have lost cats over the years, but somehow I've never felt the profound loss that so many have felt over the loss of their beloved companions, so sadly I can't give you any advice.

I do know though, that time will help to ease the pain, and you mustn't be hard on yourself for feeling the grief. Everyone grieves in their own way, and what works for one person may not work for you.

Have you considered grief counselling if you feel that it's impacting your day to day activities? It may be just what you need to see you over the worst, and give you some coping mechanisms.

Sending you big hugs

By *parkle1974Woman 8 weeks ago

Leeds

Time does ease things. I have lost a few furry loved ones and would never have any more as the heartbreak is just too much.

Give yourself time OP and sending hugs x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 8 weeks ago

little house on the praire

So sorry to here this op. There is grief councilling for those that have lost pets.

Try and think of all the happy memories you have of them

By *alcon77Man 8 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

"I lost my wonderful best friend on boxing day my loving loyal dog.

It was sudden and traumatic rushing to an emergency vet but he didn’t make it and died on the journey. I’m filling up with tears as I type.

How do others cope. "

I love dogs

Tell me about him. (If you don't mind OP).

I'd like to know more

By *esthetic21Man 8 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

It's one or the worst things to deal with imo sometimes worse than the lose of a loved one

By *esthetic21Man 8 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

"Time does ease things. I have lost a few furry loved ones and would never have any more as the heartbreak is just too much.

Give yourself time OP and sending hugs x"

I've said this too I don't think I'll have another pet now maybe when I've retired

Stourbridge

Thank you to everyone

I’m looking at grief counselling, I spoke to the blue cross when it happened and they referred me to the Samaritans but they have more important things to deal with in my opinion

I hadn’t been into the back garden since it happened as it upsets me. Ive stopped my park walks again too painful. I’m not doing well.

By *urvyGalNorfolkCouple 8 weeks ago

East Norfolk

So so sad. I lost my beautiful German shepherd in June 2020… and I still get sad about the loss, even now.

It doesn’t get easier, you just learn to cope with it better.

On his last day we took him for two walks at his favourite places, and fed him his first and last McDonald’s.

They are such a huge part of our lives, they leave massive paw print holes in our hearts when they leave us.

I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss OP. I really hope you can visit those places again and remember the good times xx

Stourbridge

Drake was a Staffy.

He would pine for me the minute I left the house for work till I came back. He slept with me. He ate with me. He even came in the loo with me!

He walked to the pub every Friday night. Everyone knew him and loved him. I was Drakes Dad no one knew my name.

It’s like a light has gone out. I’m pretending to have hay fever to my adult son as he copes differently.

By *oxy jWoman 8 weeks ago

somerset

our dogs are members of the family and treated as such ... we rescues bully breeds that are difficult to rehome from the local rspca (dog they wont allow other to adopt) we've always done this sometimes dogs that only have a couples years left in them when they pass its really upsetting but we honour them by going str8 back to the rspca and sit down and work out which dog/dogs are coming home again ...

love all dogs but the bully breeds get so much bad rep for the wrong reasons every bully we rescued bar one also went / go to work with me as the so badly behaved monsters as other call them end up being so loving for people that they bring smiles from all..

so hugs op nobody understands humans better than dogs and when we lose them it leaves a nassive hole

By *alcon77Man 8 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

"Drake was a Staffy.

He would pine for me the minute I left the house for work till I came back. He slept with me. He ate with me. He even came in the loo with me!

He walked to the pub every Friday night. Everyone knew him and loved him. I was Drakes Dad no one knew my name.

It’s like a light has gone out. I’m pretending to have hay fever to my adult son as he copes differently.

"

Staffordshire bull terriers are like that

x

They are like having a child I found. X

Stourbridge

I can’t believe how kind you have all been.

Thank you. Xxx

By *rbobbMan 8 weeks ago

Birmingham

My thoughts are with you Op.

My oldest dog will be 16 on 6th June. Fingers crossed she makes it.

By *issmorganWoman 8 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I'm so sorry op, losing our furry friends is so hard.

When my cat who was almost 19 passed away, we got another cat who was a rescue, a good few months after.

She's company for our remaining cat and it's giving a pet another chance.

I'm not telling you to do that, as you may not want to or feel ready to.

All I can say is take it at your own pace, remember the good times and how much joy you will have given each other over the years.

Lots of love .

By *nnCeeWoman 8 weeks ago

East Surrey

Oh OP... My heart is breaking for you...

Please seek some help from someone professional. Don't ever think what you're going through is "not important enough" for you to "bother" someone else. We can send you love on here, but a therapist will be able to help you work through your pain, and hopefully get you through the very worst of it and out to the other side where it still hurts, but doesn't impact you in such a way as you're experiencing now.

As others have said, the very minimum you can do is be kind to yourself, and allow yourself to grieve. He was a massive part of your life.

All the hugs xx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 8 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"Thank you to everyone

I’m looking at grief counselling, I spoke to the blue cross when it happened and they referred me to the Samaritans but they have more important things to deal with in my opinion

I hadn’t been into the back garden since it happened as it upsets me. Ive stopped my park walks again too painful. I’m not doing well. "

You are important. Samaritans WILL listen.

Put yourself first for a time.

By *ikesEmBigMan 8 weeks ago

Herts

"I lost my wonderful best friend on boxing day my loving loyal dog.

How do others cope. "

they're just like family. It's been a while so maybe look for a new friend in your life. Rescue pets can be awesome

By *ot to giggleWoman 8 weeks ago

Coventry

so sorry for you loss OP - we said good bye to our 16 yr old Jack Russell in November - i havent cried so hard for a long time, and yea even now i think about her and it brings a tear - we have her ashes, my daughter wanted them.

We lost a very special pony in November 2019 - and still get upset about that.

think we all give a little part of ourselves to our pet family, and when it is time to go, that little bit of us goes with them.

They are our family, our best friends, they see the bits of us we hide from the rest of the world.

your allowed to grieve for them, i think they recognise pet loss as a traumatic event now, dont be too hard on yourself, the good memories come through as well .

sending massive virtual hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *atnip make me purrWoman 8 weeks ago

Reading

My sister is going through the same thing. Unfortunately as with all grief only time will help. Its a slow and painful process but it will get better.

By *oodmessMan 8 weeks ago

yumsville

Going through the same thing now as illness has crept its way in to mine. He's had surgery but is too old for the months of treatment that would only wear him thin, right now though, he's cheering every day.

By *avexxMan 8 weeks ago

cheshire

i know how you feel op i had a lurcher pinched many years ago bastards,,

By *ormerWelshcouple2020 OP   Man 7 weeks ago

Stourbridge

Everyone has been so nice here and privately

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and advice.

At the moment I’ve chosen to support a couple of rescue charities for all kinds of dogs as well as my beloved Staffies.

Eventually , I hope to take another rescue companion, but it’s too painful at the moment.

Thank you all once again.

There are very good people on here.

Regards

Mark.

By *iss.Bella.Woman 7 weeks ago

North Wales

Sending love and hugs

Im dreading the day it happens to my 10 year old lab. He had a tumour when he was 5 that was enough.

They really are like our children I think workplaces should be more compassionate about pet loss.

Stourbridge

Thank you

By *igBlondeWoman 7 weeks ago

Jersey (sometimes Notts)

Sending lots of love.

Pets are part of the family. Because they aren’t human doesn’t mean they are any less of a living being.

Staffies build up strong bonds with their human family, and this can make the pain of losing them more pronounced.

I am so sad for you, I understand and many will, the hurt you’re feeling.

He wouldn’t want you to be unhappy, he’d want you to go back to the park and remember all the good times together, all the times he made you laugh and smile.

You obviously have a lot of love in your heart to give, and it’s fantastic that you’re supporting rescues. Even if you helped out by fostering, you’d change the world for another life, even though you’re hurting, it will be eclipsed by the joy of helping other beautiful souls.

Grief never goes away or shrinks, life grows around it.

Learning to cope with grief and loss is one of the hardest things we will do in our lifetimes.

You’re not alone.

By *2000ManMan 7 weeks ago

Worthing

Probably reason I don't have a pet. I got upset when relatives pets have passed away.

By *immyinreadingMan 7 weeks ago

henley on thames

It’s brutal.

How to cope? It takes time, and you will be right at the start of it, with daily reminders (walk time, feeding time etc), triggering emotions and bring the loss back to you again and again.

It’s really tough.

With our old pets, it gets to the stage where you can remember the good times, the fun memories, and talk about the positives.

The more you loved them, the more it hurts.

Good luck, my heart goes out to you

Stourbridge

Thank you all.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020 OP   Man 4 days ago

Stourbridge

Having a very bad day. It was an advert asking for support forum an animal charity.

Tears flowing again.

Just needed an outlet.

By *cotsguyyMan 4 days ago

Belfast

Sit back and let it all out. It's good to cry.

We're all here if you need to talk.

By *ilberryMan 4 days ago

Scarborough

Its dead rough OP, I picked up a pup last night, who will in time fill my missing gap?? It was the silence in the house? No auto timing to life? No ear to snuggle in? I am still in bits. I hope the day improves OP!

By *he love catsCouple 4 days ago

South Wales

"Having a very bad day. It was an advert asking for support forum an animal charity.

Tears flowing again.

Just needed an outlet. "

I hope things improve OP, my dog is 11 now so probably his time won't be long I'm dreading the day, I can see him failing Infront of my eyes only last night we heard a crash and he had fallen down the stairs thankfully he was ok.

By *all me bobMan 4 days ago

Swansea

I’m dreading the day when I have to put my Maine coon to sleep, she’s 15 and has chronic kidney disease and arthritis in her back leg.

It’s coming soon and I’ll cry like a baby…. Pets you love them, but they break your heart when they’re gone….

By *ouise 555Woman 4 days ago

dorchester

So sorry for your loss, 3½ years since mine passed still breaks my heart, sending love and hugs x

» Add a new message to this topic