FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fire Plan

Fire Plan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exy fireman OP   Man  over a year ago

essex

I started a thread earlier on smoke detectors and the response was good! So now how many of us have a good home fire plan ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Will you come round and show me my best exit points

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do - family of fire brigade ..... not something I would ever compromise xx

essex

"Will you come round and show me my best exit points "

and now i am blushing

essex

"I do - family of fire brigade ..... not something I would ever compromise xx"

good for you minx xx

out the window pronto. leave everything. well maybe not the cat

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

We have smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and the kids know to get out to save themselves no one else.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I live in a bungalow so chair through the window, followed by my daughter, followed by me. As I have a cat-flap the cats can fend for themselves.

"Will you come round and show me my best exit points "

And the entrance ones!

By *leasurexxWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Always leave keys in front n back door!!

Mine involves running around screaming, I will then open all the doors and attempt to blow the flames out with aerosols to save my breath. If that doesn't work I will take refuge in a cupboard...

We have a detailed escape plan, the eldest knows what to do and he comes with me while Mr goes and gets the toddler.

Its something I'm a bit paranoid about x

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Always leave keys in front n back door!! "

From a security point of view not a good idea

dudley

We have one and everyone knows, family laugh that I am like Sheldon from Big Bang. Also have extinguishers everywhere and a escape ladder. Firm believer in the five'P's

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

On a serious note, my stepdad was a fireman so pretty clued up

Fire is no joke few year ago was in house fire was in attic fire started on landing could not get out ended up seconds from jumping before being rescued the smoke was worst bit.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"Always leave keys in front n back door!! "

as already said thats really not the best idea put a hook on the wall near the door but make sure it cant be seen out side or threw the letter box much safer.

you get wise pritty dam quick living in manchester

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Fire is no joke few year ago was in house fire was in attic fire started on landing could not get out ended up seconds from jumping before being rescued the smoke was worst bit."

I was a fire officer a few years ago and saw a training video in which we were shown a room with handprints in smoke. Basically, the person in the room panicked in the smoke and couldn't find the door and died of smoke inhalation. It takes about 2 minutes for a room to burn a few hundred degrees. My advice to all happy fabbers - get smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed.

Birmingham

You can't see through my door or reach key from letter box...the key on a hook just dosent work for us it never gets put there...

dudley

"You can't see through my door or reach key from letter box...the key on a hook just dosent work for us it never gets put there... "

You do know that most locks with a key on the inside can be opened from out side. Worked at Assa in willenhall was a eye opener

"We have one and everyone knows, family laugh that I am like Sheldon from Big Bang. Also have extinguishers everywhere and a escape ladder. Firm believer in the five'P's "

Do you also have a roommate agreement

dudley

"We have one and everyone knows, family laugh that I am like Sheldon from Big Bang. Also have extinguishers everywhere and a escape ladder. Firm believer in the five'P's

Do you also have a roommate agreement "

If I thought they would sign it I would

"We have one and everyone knows, family laugh that I am like Sheldon from Big Bang. Also have extinguishers everywhere and a escape ladder. Firm believer in the five'P's

Do you also have a roommate agreement

If I thought they would sign it I would "

Bazinga!!!

Birmingham

"You can't see through my door or reach key from letter box...the key on a hook just dosent work for us it never gets put there...

You do know that most locks with a key on the inside can be opened from out side. Worked at Assa in willenhall was a eye opener "

how so if u double turn the key u can't push it out! Or use key from otherside??..

Hmm I don't have one, I'm actually surprised at myself,. I've never given it much thought. It shall go on my to do list

open a window wide enought to jump thru, also would defo have to recuse the pets too. couldnt let them die i have a fear of fire too i know the first thing id do, which is panic lol x

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"You can't see through my door or reach key from letter box...the key on a hook just dosent work for us it never gets put there... "

if its in the lock and can get a hand threw the letter box all you need is a bit of string or wire an you can easy flip it over key an ever flick it out on the floor or if they're really good twist it an turn the key and as a bonus if your car keys on the same ring fill your car with your nice 60 inch flat screen tv an bye bye to that and your car. bargain eh lol

Birmingham

Luckily its cuz a key..no key rings or anything..and if they put there hand in letter box gl to them my dog would have a field day

joking aside its just what works for me and has done for 15 yrs but i do see what your saying

essex

A fire plan is subjective depending on type of house. i live in a normal semi and my fire plan is this, if the smoke detector goes off my daughter stays where she is, i go to her room! I close the bedroom door and put a blanket at the bottom of the door and phone 999! I give the fire control as much information as possible including what room we are in! while you are talking the pumps will be on their way! Any information you can give is always relayed to the pumps ! Jumping out of a window will always be the last resort!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

We're just staying in bed,at our age,and with Mrs saucy's frugal nature.it'll save on the ever impending cremation.

Plus it'll kill 2 birds with one stone.

Not that we'll have 2 birds In the bed,although that cant be totally ruled out.after all we are swingers,and it is one of our preferred sexual thingies.

SHIT!SHIT!!SHIT!!! just our fucking luck, to have a fire on the night we finally manage to persuade that elusive single femme to join us.

dudley

"You can't see through my door or reach key from letter box...the key on a hook just dosent work for us it never gets put there...

You do know that most locks with a key on the inside can be opened from out side. Worked at Assa in willenhall was a eye opener

how so if u double turn the key u can't push it out! Or use key from otherside??.."

They call it banging a lock, you can buy anti bang ones now and anti drill.

dudley

"We're just staying in bed,at our age,and with Mrs saucy's frugal nature.it'll save on the ever impending cremation.

Plus it'll kill 2 birds with one stone.

Not that we'll have 2 birds In the bed,although that cant be totally ruled out.after all we are swingers,and it is one of our preferred sexual thingies.

SHIT!SHIT!!SHIT!!! just our fucking luck, to have a fire on the night we finally manage to persuade that elusive single femme to join us. "

Like it was planned

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 27/03/13 22:00:34]

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

was asked at work what steps would i take on discovering a fire ?

apparently-----fooking big ones was not the right answer

Birmingham

"was asked at work what steps would i take on discovering a fire ?

apparently-----fooking big ones was not the right answer "

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"I started a thread earlier on smoke detectors and the response was good! So now how many of us have a good home fire plan ? "

Ex father in law was an ADO so yes........slightly worrying that I live in a house with no opening windows upstairs...There is no way I am squeezing out a top hopper..But can buy enough time with all my smoke detectors....

"A fire plan is subjective depending on type of house. i live in a normal semi and my fire plan is this, if the smoke detector goes off my daughter stays where she is, i go to her room! I close the bedroom door and put a blanket at the bottom of the door and phone 999! I give the fire control as much information as possible including what room we are in! while you are talking the pumps will be on their way! Any information you can give is always relayed to the pumps ! Jumping out of a window will always be the last resort! "

No I didn't have a plan. Have thought about it now, thank you. Will tell the kids tomorrow.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Speak to the local station, they will come to your home at a convenient time and fit smoke alarms and also give you some advice relating to fire safety, escape plans etc..

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

When the kids were at home it was drilled into them what to do in the event of a house fire...

Both me and the wife also have ICE number on our mobiles..apparently emergency services look for them on your mobile...or is that another myth?

"When the kids were at home it was drilled into them what to do in the event of a house fire...

Both me and the wife also have ICE number on our mobiles..apparently emergency services look for them on your mobile...or is that another myth?"

I thought the ICE thing was true. Not sure how it works now with smartphones with passwords on. Good idea though.

My brother and sister in law are both police officers and they have ICE numbers on their phones, so I assume its correct.

Not sure what they do.with locked phones...

I have two brand new smoke alarms after misreading the instructions on a cake and smoke poured out of the microwave. Shame they weren't hunky firemen and the H&S one bored the pants off me I have had to have one replaced as it kept going off for no reason and had to write on the envelope 'faulty smoke alarm' otherwise the bomb squad might have been called

When I had my double glazing put in, the window at the top of the stairs was set to open all the way in case of a fire whereas none of the others do

"When the kids were at home it was drilled into them what to do in the event of a house fire...

Both me and the wife also have ICE number on our mobiles..apparently emergency services look for them on your mobile...or is that another myth?"

Possibly but I removed it from mine after finding out that if you lose your phone, anyone can find out who your relatives are and text pretending to be you, that made it too dangerous for me as I wouldn't want anything to happen to my kids

"Fire is no joke few year ago was in house fire was in attic fire started on landing could not get out ended up seconds from jumping before being rescued the smoke was worst bit.

I was a fire officer a few years ago and saw a training video in which we were shown a room with handprints in smoke. Basically, the person in the room panicked in the smoke and couldn't find the door and died of smoke inhalation. It takes about 2 minutes for a room to burn a few hundred degrees. My advice to all happy fabbers - get smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed. "

I've got one of those from British Gas

Smoke detectors here and 3 exits downstairs. Made sure got one of those windows that tilts or opens up fully upstairs to get out onto extension roof. That's got a small drop to the floor.

» Add a new message to this topic