FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > British euphemisms for sex

British euphemisms for sex

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Living on the other side of the pond called the Atlantic Ocean, I enjoy reading the frank discussions in the forums. I have learned so many new British euphemisms, “rogering” for one. I hope to return the favor some day and share some Yank terms, as soon as I figure out which ones are unique to us.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bonking!

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Muff diving

Bumping uglies!

Getting jiggy with it x

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Shagging / horizontal jogging

My favourite is from a carry on film in which Sid James is told 'I don't want to hear of any unnecessaryness' to which he replies 'what makes you think it's unnecessary?' ha ha ha

Nookie

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Nice to see someone from across the pond!

Having a jump, doing the dirty, getting a meat injection (shudder)I'm sure peopel will be along with more in a moment

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Nookie"

Nookie, I haven't heard that one fro ages made me laugh!

By *av1970Man  over a year ago

Tattershall

Dipping the wick

Slipping her a length

Truro

hiding the sausage

Truro

slapping beaver

gettin yer hole

By *plnorfolkCouple  over a year ago

norwich

Hows your father

By *H.coupleCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

smash her back doors in

beast with two backs

Thank you one and all. I see we do share some terms - bonkiing, muff diving (a favborite sport of mine), nookie (that is an old one). Here's an old one "knocking boots". Anyone familiar with it on your side of the pond?

"Nice to see someone from across the pond!

Having a jump, doing the dirty, getting a meat injection (shudder)I'm sure peopel will be along with more in a moment "

I don't know about that "meat injection" either - too graphic

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Rumpy Pumpy

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Sowing oats.....

And the traditional Anglo-Saxon 'fucking'

"Sowing oats.....

And the traditional Anglo-Saxon 'fucking' "

I may as well ask now: Is the above the meaning of "rogering' (and who was that Roger?)

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Sowing oats.....

And the traditional Anglo-Saxon 'fucking' "

Actually, the exact origin of the word is not known. The earliest known usage of the word in English is around the 1400s.

Though it is similar to a word in Old German and one in Norse.

Filling the hairy love glove

By *leasurexxWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Rumpy Pumpy "

Bit of hows your father,

A wet knee trembler,

Sunners will be along shortly.... so just to pre-empt him

"the dance with no pants"

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Knock boots.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Sowing oats.....

I may as well ask now: Is the above the meaning of "rogering' (and who was that Roger?)"

I'm not sure there was a 'Roger' but the name means something like "man with long spear" so I have always assumed the term comes from that.

"Sowing oats.....

I may as well ask now: Is the above the meaning of "rogering' (and who was that Roger?)

I'm not sure there was a 'Roger' but the name means something like "man with long spear" so I have always assumed the term comes from that."

Thank you. If I ever used the term, I didn't wish to embarass myself if it meant something entirely different

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

A gobble

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"Bit of hows your father,

A wet knee trembler,

"

Or...if your a lesbian..a bit of 'hows ya mother'

Bunk up

Poke

Shafting

What for...as in (Ill give you what for later)

Rooting

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Playing Scrabble.

Tuppping

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

The classy " Getting your nuts in" or the the classic Sid James " Time for tiffin"...

Baws deep its from Scotland baws meaning balls

Shall we have a bit of you know!

Slap and tickle

My favourite is crumpet

youngsters (13-17) round here use the term... "i wanna smash your pastie"

ugh... shudder

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

Slipping the rhubarb

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Sorry I can't join in with the expressions...mine are all French!! But if you are interested by the origin of the F word...here is what I found, whether it is the only explanation I guess not:

In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it.

Have a good Easter Week end all. Nice to see someone from the US

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

One I learnt on Olympic duty .... Jingalala

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Have we had jiggy jiggy yet?

"Sorry I can't join in with the expressions...mine are all French!! But if you are interested by the origin of the F word...here is what I found, whether it is the only explanation I guess not:

In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it.

Have a good Easter Week end all. Nice to see someone from the US "

Frenchbambi, feel free to add some spice to our vocabulary with your favorite French terms

As for the origins of "the F word": That acronym is believed to be an urban legend. (But quite believeable)

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

"Rumpy Pumpy "

Hehehe

Need to know basis

"Sorry I can't join in with the expressions...mine are all French!! But if you are interested by the origin of the F word...here is what I found, whether it is the only explanation I guess not:

Have a good Easter Week end all. Nice to see someone from the US

Frenchbambi, feel free to add some spice to our vocabulary with your favorite French terms

As for the origins of "the F word": That acronym is believed to be an urban legend. (But quite believeable)"

Faire pleurer le molosse!!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Living on the other side of the pond called the Atlantic Ocean, I enjoy reading the frank discussions in the forums. I have learned so many new British euphemisms, “rogering” for one. I hope to return the favor some day and share some Yank terms, as soon as I figure out which ones are unique to us."

Welcome to the forums!

I remember reading somewhere about Kenny Rogers having a restaurant called Kenny Rodgers Chicken - something that with a carefully placed apostrophe probably wouldn't have got a big clientele this side of the pond! (May be an urban legend though)

I used to work with a lovely lady from your side of the pond, and there were many misunderstandings with our common language! We exchanged pictures of bumbags (UK) and fannypacks (US) and she was once most shocked when the security guard offered to "knock her up in the morning" as it didn't mean give her a knock on her hotel room door to wake her up! Oh, and on being told not to get her knickers in a twist she responded that she hadn't worn knickers since she was a child (they were short pants to her, underwear to us)

By *asey369Woman  over a year ago

London

I was partly educated in the US and caused great hilarity in class when I asked if anyone had a rubber (eraser).

Need to know basis

"Living on the other side of the pond called the Atlantic Ocean, I enjoy reading the frank discussions in the forums. I have learned so many new British euphemisms, “rogering” for one. I hope to return the favor some day and share some Yank terms, as soon as I figure out which ones are unique to us.

Welcome to the forums!

I remember reading somewhere about Kenny Rogers having a restaurant called Kenny Rodgers Chicken - something that with a carefully placed apostrophe probably wouldn't have got a big clientele this side of the pond! (May be an urban legend though)

I used to work with a lovely lady from your side of the pond, and there were many misunderstandings with our common language! We exchanged pictures of bumbags (UK) and fannypacks (US) and she was once most shocked when the security guard offered to "knock her up in the morning" as it didn't mean give her a knock on her hotel room door to wake her up! Oh, and on being told not to get her knickers in a twist she responded that she hadn't worn knickers since she was a child (they were short pants to her, underwear to us)"

"

Welcome to the forums!

I used to work with a lovely lady from your side of the pond, and there were many misunderstandings with our common language! We exchanged pictures of bumbags (UK) and fannypacks (US) and she was once most shocked when the security guard offered to "knock her up in the morning" as it didn't mean give her a knock on her hotel room door to wake her up! Oh, and on being told not to get her knickers in a twist she responded that she hadn't worn knickers since she was a child (they were short pants to her, underwear to us)"

Yes, there once was a chicken restaurant known as Kenny Rogers Roasters.

Thanks to my enlightenment on this forum, I will never be able to meet another Roger again w/o a smile coming across my face

Beavering away in the UK may mean working hard - though I imagine it would have different connotations over the pond. Mind you, the term 'beaver' is now pretty much accepted here for a woman's genitals.

On another note - students here who may ask for a rubber would ask for an eraser in the US. To ask for a condom they may ask for a 'Johnny' (although that is probably a little old now). I just tend to think of them as condoms or durex.

"Beavering away in the UK may mean working hard - though I imagine it would have different connotations over the pond. Mind you, the term 'beaver' is now pretty much accepted here for a woman's genitals.

On another note - students here who may ask for a rubber would ask for an eraser in the US. To ask for a condom they may ask for a 'Johnny' (although that is probably a little old now). I just tend to think of them as condoms or durex."

Yes, we use the term beaver similarly, as in beaver shots - one of the most common poses the more adventuresome ladies post with their profiles.

Until recently, there was a nearby Beaver University. They had to change their name to Arcadia Univ, something less salacious to appear in web searches (or as we generically refer to them, google searches)

I'm not familiar w/ the term "eraser, but I may have heard condoms referred to as "johnny"; "rubber" is the most common term we use.

Durexx and Trojan are the most popular brands of condoms over here. Years ago, the euphemism "prophylactic" would apear on the package; now they call a condom a condom

"Beavering away in the UK may mean working hard - though I imagine it would have different connotations over the pond. Mind you, the term 'beaver' is now pretty much accepted here for a woman's genitals.

On another note - students here who may ask for a rubber would ask for an eraser in the US. To ask for a condom they may ask for a 'Johnny' (although that is probably a little old now). I just tend to think of them as condoms or durex.

Yes, we use the term beaver similarly, as in beaver shots - one of the most common poses the more adventuresome ladies post with their profiles.

Until recently, there was a nearby Beaver University. They had to change their name to Arcadia Univ, something less salacious to appear in web searches (or as we generically refer to them, google searches)

I'm not familiar w/ the term "eraser, but I may have heard condoms referred to as "johnny"; "rubber" is the most common term we use.

Durexx and Trojan are the most popular brands of condoms over here. Years ago, the euphemism "prophylactic" would apear on the package; now they call a condom a condom"

No - I meant that in order to rub out a mistake in pencil a student would ask for a rubber. It doesn't mean a condom here!

Also - to beaver away means to work hard here.

"smash her back doors in"

Lmao imagine explaining that one to our American cousins

stab her with your pork sword ..

Dip your bread.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Tubbing

"

No - I meant that in order to rub out a mistake in pencil a student would ask for a rubber. It doesn't mean a condom here! "

Thanks for clarifying. That might prevent an embarrasing moment should I ever cross the great pond and find myself in need of "protection".

Dip your wick.

How's your father.

Boff.

Get your end away.

Have it off.

Leg over.

To nob.

To ride.

A bit of the other (or just 'having a bit')

Hanky panky

Did we use bunk up? couldnt use nookie someone beat me to it lol

Have a good Easter Week end all. Nice to see someone from the US "

It's a common. Myth I'm afraid. There is no known definitive origin of the word.

» Add a new message to this topic