FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Flipping mothers

Flipping mothers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My mum is 68 but fit and active and she has quite a stressful job and has been saying shes going to retire for a couple of years.

Anyhow, she made the decision to retire and finishes tomorrow.

Shes not one to sit at home so she was looking at volunter work she could do.

WELL, shes only gone and got herself another bloody job, admittedly only three mornings a week, but kind of defets the object. What can you do with them. Im going to put her in a box and shake her up

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bless her It will keep her occupied a few Mornings a week xx

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It will keep her busy and active but not as full on as her current job. Good for her. She's retiring her way.

Don't flip mothers - they generally don't like it.

Lol. but high five to her for keeping at it. On the other hand why shouldn't she get paid, voluntary work is very admirable but I'd rather work for money than for free?!

My mum drives me nuts, sadly she isn't so active due to I'll health, but wish she was.

Oooo and that wasn't meant to be a nasty comment about my mummy. She is the best and I love her soooo much.

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Lol. but high five to her for keeping at it. On the other hand why shouldn't she get paid, voluntary work is very admirable but I'd rather work for money than for free?!

My mum drives me nuts, sadly she isn't so active due to I'll health, but wish she was. "

Thats true, but she was going on about what shes going to do with all her spare time, it made me laugh more than anything because it is typical of my mother. She will probley "properly" retire when shes about 100 lol.

Yes lickety it will keep her mind active as she is a very intelligent woman,my mum and sister got the brains not sure where my share went

my mum was working full time til nearly 2 years ago, after a work accident which has now left her still suffering and having operations and physio and can now never work again not even a simple easy office or cleaning job my mum is still young and would have had a fair few years til retiring age xx

At least she's cut her hours and work stress levels, it made me smile reading it

been nagging my parents to retire for the last few years, neither of them is in the best of health and both thier jobs are grinding them down and they both have the means and pensions to see them right. but thier both too stubborn to give in, they rekon they will drive each other nuts being together all day. how they have been married for 45 years ill never know haha

"My mum is 68 but fit and active and she has quite a stressful job and has been saying shes going to retire for a couple of years.

WELL, shes only gone and got herself another bloody job, admittedly only three mornings a week, but kind of defets the object. What can you do with them. Im going to put her in a box and shake her up"

Awwwww bless her that's moms for you they do the opposite usually

My grandad was like that and worked to day he died and I feel its silly to work if u don't need to. My mum has incurable cancer and she still works and I told her to sell her holiday home in France and enjoy the rest of her life but she don't listen

my mum, she worked til she was 68, as cleaning supervisor in a hospital, now she complains that theres not enough hours in the day to do all the stuff she wants.she says she doesnt know how she managed when she worked.

cherish your mum, at least she cut her hours/days down ,and dont shake her mums dont like it

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My mum is 74 and still working

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"My mum is 68 but fit and active and she has quite a stressful job and has been saying shes going to retire for a couple of years.

WELL, shes only gone and got herself another bloody job, admittedly only three mornings a week, but kind of defets the object. What can you do with them. Im going to put her in a box and shake her up"

My aunt worked until she was 89 - by the end it was only one day a week, but it kept her mobile and active.

If my mum had not been so disabled with MS then she most likely would have also worked either part time or voluntarily.

It's a good thing. Keeps you going, so to speak.

I plan on doing something when I retire. Don't want to be just sitting around. If I can still be useful I would rather do that - and it gets you out and keeps you in the loop, as it were.

Sounds like a good plan. If she had a really busy job before it's difficult to stop it completely and do nothing. I know too many people that did that and it was kind of downhill from there. A part time job sounds perfect.

» Add a new message to this topic