FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tenerife tourism

Tenerife tourism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ravelman10 OP   Man 22 weeks ago

yarm

Was anyone around during the recent tourism protests? How was it?

When I was there earlier this month I was told it's a good job I wasn't going to be around for it as some of the locals might be quite hostile.

Looks like a tourist tax on areas of natural beauty being introduced from it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man 22 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Was anyone around during the recent tourism protests? How was it?

When I was there earlier this month I was told it's a good job I wasn't going to be around for it as some of the locals might be quite hostile.

Looks like a tourist tax on areas of natural beauty being introduced from it "

what areas of natural beauty do they have?

Dorchester

Its a volcanic island so volcanic rock and sea

By *lubchuckerMan 22 weeks ago

Oxfordshire

Teidè National Park for one

By *arla SwingerWoman 22 weeks ago

Somewhere

It's fine. They can kick off, people will stop going, their economy will plummet. They'll sharp decide it wasn't a great idea.

By *arla SwingerWoman 22 weeks ago

Somewhere

I can get residents stating there is a lack of affordable housing, but as tourism equates to 40% of employment there. If there's no tourists, there's no jobs, so I'm not sure how they think they'll be affording that influx of empty apartments.

By *eah BabyCouple 22 weeks ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

We left the day before the protests, from what we experienced everyone there was friendly and welcoming.

Dorchester

On lanzarote a lot of the people on the bread line have taken over houses that were in the process of being built but the builder went under but they keep themselves to themselves, i guess when you rely heavily on tourism you are eventually going to get people fed up with it so i guess theirs a group of such people, much like central london i guess

By *esthetic21Man 22 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

I'd happily pay a tourist tax it's not like we aren't using their services while we are there

yarm

"I can get residents stating there is a lack of affordable housing, but as tourism equates to 40% of employment there. If there's no tourists, there's no jobs, so I'm not sure how they think they'll be affording that influx of empty apartments. "

Yeah, from what I heard this is the main issue. Talked to a few people that have to live quite far away from where they work just to afford it. But yes, it's an island that revolves around tourism so hard to balance it well

yarm

"We left the day before the protests, from what we experienced everyone there was friendly and welcoming."

Okay, that's good!

By *rHotNottsMan 22 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Its a volcanic island so volcanic rock and sea "

Traumatised by that fucking thing climbed down with my ten year old daughter , almost does a few times with landslides, we both cried & kissed the road when we finally made it off the thing . Would never go back

yarm

"On lanzarote a lot of the people on the bread line have taken over houses that were in the process of being built but the builder went under but they keep themselves to themselves, i guess when you rely heavily on tourism you are eventually going to get people fed up with it so i guess theirs a group of such people, much like central london i guess "

Sounds like they're making the most of the situation!

Yes for sure. Those that are involved with tourism and benefit from it will be happy enough and those that live there and don't benefit will be the ones that complain the most

yarm

"I'd happily pay a tourist tax it's not like we aren't using their services while we are there"

Same, have no issues paying towards maintaining areas like this

By *ickingdelightMan 22 weeks ago

milton keynes, bedford

Visited pre covid won’t be going back for a long time. If a place is predominantly tourism based and doesn’t want me then won’t go and the economy will crash.

They soon will want tourists back!!

Although these issues aside was it somewhere I would rush back to? - no! nicer places in general area like Morocco

» Add a new message to this topic