FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Relationship averse…

Relationship averse…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unchal OP   Man 23 weeks ago

Dartford

I’ve noticed that there are a lot of men, in particular, but some women too, who are looking for regular FWB (I assume the Bi-guys don’t want to look anymore). I feel that way myself. I want sex with men, and the occasional woman, but do not want the hassle of a ‘relationship’. With all the demands and expectations that follow. Who else feels this way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iscean_dreamMan 23 weeks ago

Llanelli

"I’ve noticed that there are a lot of men, in particular, but some women too, who are looking for regular FWB (I assume the Bi-guys don’t want to look anymore). I feel that way myself. I want sex with men, and the occasional woman, but do not want the hassle of a ‘relationship’. With all the demands and expectations that follow. Who else feels this way? "

Fwb aren't in a relationship, they're friends that enjoy the company but there’s no emotional attachment.

I know this because I have a fwb but we aren't loved up at all and neither want a relationship with anyone, we just have great sex and watch movies etc

By *atnip make me purrWoman 23 weeks ago

Reading

Yes very much so. I dont even do overnights if i can help it.

Dartford

"I’ve noticed that there are a lot of men, in particular, but some women too, who are looking for regular FWB (I assume the Bi-guys don’t want to look anymore). I feel that way myself. I want sex with men, and the occasional woman, but do not want the hassle of a ‘relationship’. With all the demands and expectations that follow. Who else feels this way?

Fwb aren't in a relationship, they're friends that enjoy the company but there’s no emotional attachment.

I know this because I have a fwb but we aren't loved up at all and neither want a relationship with anyone, we just have great sex and watch movies etc"

Yeah. I’m sure that is just what it is. Good luck.

Dartford

"I’ve noticed that there are a lot of men, in particular, but some women too, who are looking for regular FWB (I assume the Bi-guys don’t want to look anymore). I feel that way myself. I want sex with men, and the occasional woman, but do not want the hassle of a ‘relationship’. With all the demands and expectations that follow. Who else feels this way?

I know this because I have a fwb but we aren't loved up at all and neither want a relationship with anyone, we just have great sex and watch movies etc

Yeah. I’m sure that is just what it is. Good luck. "

Sorry. Friends that have no emotional relationship?!

Llanelli

Yeah. I’m sure that is just what it is. Good luck. "

That's exactly what it is, trouble with some people is they can't remove emotional attachment and those people shouldn't be swinging

Dartford

"Yes very much so. I dont even do overnights if i can help it. "

Got kids, so never done an overnight. But they are getting older and I could leave them. So probably be persuaded for a longer session.

Llanelli

Sorry. Friends that have no emotional relationship?!"

Not in the way lovers do, it's completely different

By (user no longer on site) 23 weeks ago

On here? I think people on fab are more likely to be experimenting sexually or even with their sexuality.

However when it comes to relationships I don’t think people are all that keen on experimenting with their feelings.

Dartford

That's exactly what it is, trouble with some people is they can't remove emotional attachment and those people shouldn't be swinging "

Aww, I lived with a fella who came from Port Talbot…200 million years ago. Had Lava bread there for the first time.

Dartford

Not in the way lovers do, it's completely different "

Really? Friends that fuck each other? Sounds like a relationship to me.

Llanelli

Really? Friends that fuck each other? Sounds like a relationship to me. "

You got a lot to learn then

By *red333Man 23 weeks ago

Dorchester

Not me I'm looking for forever

By *parkle1974Woman 23 weeks ago

Leeds

I like a FWB situationship, we have good times together inside and outside the bedroom. I'm free to do as I want as is he.....it works x

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 23 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I'm averse to traditional relationships.

That doesn't mean I don't have relationships with the people I sleep with.

Dorchester

"I'm averse to traditional relationships.

That doesn't mean I don't have relationships with the people I sleep with."

Do you sleep though?

That's exactly what it is, trouble with some people is they can't remove emotional attachment and those people shouldn't be swinging "

You have no emotional attachment to someone you have sex with regularly and hang out with?

I don't want a Fwb, they don't work.

I don't even know if I'd ever meet someone more than once.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 23 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

That doesn't mean I don't have relationships with the people I sleep with.Do you sleep though? "

Sometimes.

I actively encourage humaning in my relationships

Dorchester

That doesn't mean I don't have relationships with the people I sleep with.Do you sleep though?

Sometimes.

I actively encourage humaning in my relationships "

very humane of you

By *mmaleiaWoman 23 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

"Yes very much so. I dont even do overnights if i can help it. "

This

Leeds

"I don't want a Fwb, they don't work.

I don't even know if I'd ever meet someone more than once. "

My last 2 have worked brilliantly

My last 2 have worked brilliantly "

I mean for me they don't work.

Leeds

My last 2 have worked brilliantly

I mean for me they don't work."

I get you now

Llanelli

That's exactly what it is, trouble with some people is they can't remove emotional attachment and those people shouldn't be swinging

You have no emotional attachment to someone you have sex with regularly and hang out with?

"

Not in same way as someone I'm in a relationship with, it's completely different and hard to explain to people that can't separate emotional attachment.

We both no this is for a good time and not forever

Not in same way as someone I'm in a relationship with, it's completely different and hard to explain to people that can't separate emotional attachment.

We both no this is for a good time and not forever "

I can separate emotional attachment. I don't have it for guys, it's very separate believe me.

But I don't even have sex so i wouldn't know.

By *illy IdolMan 23 weeks ago

Midlands

As the famous saying goes...

Once you go Idol, you'll wanna go bridal

By *bi HaiveMan 23 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

Sorry PD. I'll disagree with that.

Nothing wrong with romantic ENM relationships where people swing too.

There's many around in those that are very happy.

Once you go Idol, you'll wanna go bridal "

That'll have the ladies screaming, one way or another.

I don’t want the everyday stuff that comes with a full on relationship.

I have my FWB and we have a “relationship” in our own way.

One common factor is, each party can do as they like. This takes a considerable amount of

Mental and emotional maturity.

I mean who wants all the boring bits when you can have all the fun bits in and outside the bedroom.

Makes perfect logical sense to me

Midlands

That'll have the ladies screaming, one way or another. "

Oh we do have a laugh on here don't we

By *agnar73Man 23 weeks ago

Glasgow

Oh we do have a laugh on here don't we"

She slamdunked that one.

By *ellinever70Woman 23 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"I don’t want the everyday stuff that comes with a full on relationship.

One common factor is, each party can do as they like. This takes a considerable amount of

I mean who wants all the boring bits when you can have all the fun bits in and outside the bedroom.

Makes perfect logical sense to me "

To me, that sounds more like having to train yourself not to be human, rather than mental and emotional maturity.

I understand not wanting to get involved to the extent of finances, living together etc.

By *mber SkiesWoman 23 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

That'll have the ladies screaming, one way or another. "

Oh we do have a laugh on here don't we"

Especially when you send me your "special" pictures

By *herrybakewellCouple 23 weeks ago

Staffordshire

We're all so very different, we are looking for people that we can meet frequently for fun times and hot sex, no other labels needed.

Llanelli

There's many around in those that are very happy. "

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm saying if you want a Fwb then you need to be able to separate the emotions and not think of it like a relationship

To me, that sounds more like having to train yourself not to be human, rather than mental and emotional maturity.

I understand not wanting to get involved to the extent of finances, living together etc.

"

You’re not the first person to say that.

Interesting, I have my own emotional connections with people in my own way, which makes it human in my eyes.

As for the mundane everyday stuff, yes your right…I have no interest in it

Midlands

Oh we do have a laugh on here don't we

Especially when you send me your "special" pictures "

Ssshhhh

I'd be happy with "sex"

By *ittlebirdWoman 23 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

I used to be totally NOT looking for any kind of relationship. Even FWBs I kept at arms length. Things change.

Dartford

Really? Friends that fuck each other? Sounds like a relationship to me.

You got a lot to learn then"

Dartford

I struggle with the idea of FWB. Sounds like a relationship to me.

Dartford

"I'd be happy with "sex""

Me too.

Dartford

There's many around in those that are very happy.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm saying if you want a Fwb then you need to be able to separate the emotions and not think of it like a relationship "

Easy enough. I suspect that has been the problem with most of my relationships!

Dartford

"We're all so very different, we are looking for people that we can meet frequently for fun times and hot sex, no other labels needed.

"

Yeah but you know what they say about a life unexamined?

By *iss.Bella.Woman 23 weeks ago

North Wales

"I’ve noticed that there are a lot of men, in particular, but some women too, who are looking for regular FWB (I assume the Bi-guys don’t want to look anymore). I feel that way myself. I want sex with men, and the occasional woman, but do not want the hassle of a ‘relationship’. With all the demands and expectations that follow. Who else feels this way? "

I think I fall into this. I'd like to find someone who I can see fairly regularly, and even have a laugh with. All the fun aspects of a relationship without committing your life to that person. As long as both parties are happy to keep it strictly fwb, I think it's the best of both worlds

By *andT2023Couple 23 weeks ago

in the middle

"

Nobody mentioned emotional detachment..there will be an element of emotion but with the common understanding between 2 intelligent and caring people that it doesnt need to develop into a full on relationship. I can see no issue with what what described no would determine someone was not human for chosing this path. Far better this than hook n fuck.

Leeds

I struggle with the idea of FWB. Sounds like a relationship to me. "

It's a situationship...not a relationship

Midlands

I don't think I've had fwd situation where it hasn't ended because one wants more than the other

By *sWyldWoman 23 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I wouldn't say I'm averse to a relationship but I'm not looking for one. I wanted to believe in love and happy ever after but I no longer feel I can

By *inochioMan 23 weeks ago

Derbyshire

Humans of all permutations and orientations form and reform relationships everyday. Whenever we alter or augment our regard or behaviour towards others that is building a relationship. This can be familial, friendship, financial, emotional, sexual etc. This is not an exhaustive list and can be a combination of any and all factors. Dont judge others by what is right for you. Our differences are what makes us human and so far unique in this universe. Despite what myths are perpetuated in these forums men and women can be friends and co exist side by side quite amicably. They can even have a sexual component to that relationship without the commitment of co habitation or marriage.

By *andT2023Couple 23 weeks ago

in the middle

"Humans of all permutations and orientations form and reform relationships everyday. Whenever we alter or augment our regard or behaviour towards others that is building a relationship. This can be familial, friendship, financial, emotional, sexual etc. This is not an exhaustive list and can be a combination of any and all factors. Dont judge others by what is right for you. Our differences are what makes us human and so far unique in this universe. Despite what myths are perpetuated in these forums men and women can be friends and co exist side by side quite amicably. They can even have a sexual component to that relationship without the commitment of co habitation or marriage. "

THIS 100%

I am happy to have friends I have sex with if we all agree that there are no other expectations or obligations.

I had a NSA relationship... but it went wrong when he asked to be exclusive.... meaning he didn't want me to shag anyone else but didnt want any emotional commitment because in reality he wanted to carry on trying to shag other people himself.

I learn the lesson that FWB must never cross the relationship line ... but I am happy to have emotions in my friendships.

Even if I was to have a relationship.... cohabiting and marriage are off the table for me.

"I am happy to have friends I have sex with if we all agree that there are no other expectations or obligations.

I had a NSA relationship... but it went wrong when he asked to be exclusive.... meaning he didn't want me to shag anyone else but didnt want any emotional commitment because in reality he wanted to carry on trying to shag other people himself.

I learn the lesson that FWB must never cross the relationship line ... but I am happy to have emotions in my friendships.

Even if I was to have a relationship.... cohabiting and marriage are off the table for me."

Interesting point of view, mirrors my own rather perfectly!

By *an smith82Man 23 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes I totally agree....I had enough of getting hurt from girlfriends too much in the past...I have a fwb and it's definitely better x

Dartford

Nobody mentioned emotional detachment..there will be an element of emotion but with the common understanding between 2 intelligent and caring people that it doesnt need to develop into a full on relationship. I can see no issue with what what described no would determine someone was not human for chosing this path. Far better this than hook n fuck. "

Nothing wrong with hook ups. I always think that FWB are a series of hook ups with the same person, which eventually begins to look like a relationship.

"…..I want sex with men, and the occasional woman, but do not want the hassle of a ‘relationship’. With all the demands and expectations that follow. Who else feels this way? "

Hassle? … I’d love the idea of relationship which would give me fulfilment and someone that brings joy to my life and have someone I care about to enjoy good times with. How is that hassle?

I’m not averse if she comes along and sweeps me off my feet. But I’m certainly not looking, as lots have said. The hurt when it goes wrong is unbearable, and you can’t force something, so the dating ‘game’ isn’t for me. It’ll happen if it’s supposed to happen.

I used to think that's what I wanted but these situations can get messy too. For me they aren't healthy and it's hard to detach unless you're stone cold. I think I've realised that the conversations, overnights and intimacy are best left for when I'm dating again.

By *carlet SeductionWoman 23 weeks ago

Maidstone

"Nothing wrong with hook ups. I always think that FWB are a series of hook ups with the same person, which eventually begins to look like a relationship. "

Not always. I've got a "friend" we've been hooking up every so often over 5/6 years now. We have nothing that remotely resembles a relationship. We can go weeks without talking to each other and months without meeting up. We just meet for great sex when our situations allow. We get on great when we meet but neither of us want anything more. We both meet other people and that's great. It's not something we talk about because it doesn't matter and doesn't impact our time together. If only there were more where it worked so perfectly.

By *rHotNottsMan 23 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Sometimes I do sometimes I don’t it depends what’s going on in life. Also some people I love seeing occasionally and having sex but we know a relationship would be impractical & never work, and others a relationship might be great, but could ruin what we have.

By *ora the explorerWoman 23 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I can’t. I can’t meet someone regularly and not have some sort of attachment. I don’t see an issue with it though. I don’t want a proper relationship with anyone ever. I’m not a swinger though.

I can’t. I can’t meet someone regularly and not have some sort of attachment. I don’t see an issue with it though. I don’t want a proper relationship with anyone ever. I’m not a swinger though. "

*reads ‘shouldn’t be swinging!’

I’ll grab my coat then.

Dartford

"Nothing wrong with hook ups. I always think that FWB are a series of hook ups with the same person, which eventually begins to look like a relationship.

Not always. I've got a "friend" we've been hooking up every so often over 5/6 years now. We have nothing that remotely resembles a relationship. We can go weeks without talking to each other and months without meeting up. We just meet for great sex when our situations allow. We get on great when we meet but neither of us want anything more. We both meet other people and that's great. It's not something we talk about because it doesn't matter and doesn't impact our time together. If only there were more where it worked so perfectly. "

Damn. Lucky you. That sounds perfect. Long may it last.

I’m like this recently and I can’t tell if it’s apathy with the dating apps or enjoying my independence but craving carnal connection at times

Llanelli

I can’t. I can’t meet someone regularly and not have some sort of attachment. I don’t see an issue with it though. I don’t want a proper relationship with anyone ever. I’m not a swinger though. "

Yeah I remember you saying before but it's important if going to be seeing someone regularly that you block of the falling for them part or it doesn't work unless both want more than just a fwb

Llanelli

I can’t. I can’t meet someone regularly and not have some sort of attachment. I don’t see an issue with it though. I don’t want a proper relationship with anyone ever. I’m not a swinger though.

I’ll grab my coat then. "

Can you not have sex without falling for people Woody?

By *ellhungvweMan 23 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I like being single because it means I can have different groups of people for different parts of my life. I have those people who I meet down the gym. I have those people who I climb with. I have those who like to fuck. Works for me, works for them. Everyone is happy

I’ll grab my coat then.

Can you not have sex without falling for people Woody? "

I realise I'm not woody but...

One offs, no bother.

Even repeat meets if they are few and far between (like 2/3 times a year) with this I wouldn't fall for them, but I'd have some attachment to them to a certain degree. It's not a relationship, you aren't in love but they'd definitely be something there. Else I wouldn't go back. As much as it pains me to say it, you need the passion for good sex.

If I was meeting someone regularly for sex and hanging out and felt nothing for them then I'd question the sex or the company. It'd be like having sex for the sake of having sex.

I'm most definitely not a swinger.

By *uicy PumpkinWoman 23 weeks ago

Narberth

Nothing to do with that.

I had great FWB over the years i got really close to buy they were not what I needed in a life partner.

FwB is a friend, way easier to find that a boyfriend.

Just different standards.

I love my FWB to bits, but wouldn't live, parent or share my forever future with them

By *weetiepie99Woman 23 weeks ago

cardiff

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

Even repeat meets if they are few and far between (like 2/3 times a year) with this I wouldn't fall for them, but I'd have some attachment to them to a certain degree. It's not a relationship, you aren't in love but they'd definitely be something there. Else I wouldn't go back. As much as it pains me to say it, you need the passion for good sex.

If I was meeting someone regularly for sex and hanging out and felt nothing for them then I'd question the sex or the company. It'd be like having sex for the sake of having sex.

I'm most definitely not a swinger."

I totally agree with this!! If i like someone enough to meet them more than a few times, and we maybe do other stuff too, (other than the sex), stay in, watch a film, i think you'd have to be a robot for no feelings to develop, or to detach yourself completely from any emotional attatchment

Llanelli

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

Passion comes with lust though and that's the difference, I can lust for lots of people but will only ever love one partner if I choose to be in a relationship.

I just find it easy to turn off the attachment part now after life exspiriances as I won't ever let myself get hurt like that again and I'd rather just have fun.

Cheltenham

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

That’s just a friendship isn’t it? I probably wouldn’t go down the pub with people I didn’t have _any_ feelings for but that doesn’t mean I need to be in love with them to share a pint. Maybe I am different in that I can see sex as just a great way to pass time with friends. It doesn’t need to be more than that.

Llanelli

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

I totally agree with this!! If i like someone enough to meet them more than a few times, and we maybe do other stuff too, (other than the sex), stay in, watch a film, i think you'd have to be a robot for no feelings to develop, or to detach yourself completely from any emotional attatchment"

Sometimes great sex and good company is enough for people, it doesn't make someone cold because they don't fall for someone when hanging out regularly and having sex.

I used to fall easily and now I don’t and I'm happy with that

By *ot to giggleWoman 23 weeks ago

Coventry

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

That’s just a friendship isn’t it? I probably wouldn’t go down the pub with people I didn’t have _any_ feelings for but that doesn’t mean I need to be in love with them to share a pint. Maybe I am different in that I can see sex as just a great way to pass time with friends. It doesn’t need to be more than that."

its a relationship - defined by different boundaries to conventional relationships - you are relating to each other in a way that is mutually beneficial - so its more that just friends because of the sexual element but your not looking to move it to a different or more 'conventional' relationship.

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

That’s just a friendship isn’t it? I probably wouldn’t go down the pub with people I didn’t have _any_ feelings for but that doesn’t mean I need to be in love with them to share a pint. Maybe I am different in that I can see sex as just a great way to pass time with friends. It doesn’t need to be more than that."

If you read it i said it isn't love or falling for someone.

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

I totally agree with this!! If i like someone enough to meet them more than a few times, and we maybe do other stuff too, (other than the sex), stay in, watch a film, i think you'd have to be a robot for no feelings to develop, or to detach yourself completely from any emotional attatchment

Sometimes great sex and good company is enough for people, it doesn't make someone cold because they don't fall for someone when hanging out regularly and having sex.

I used to fall easily and now I don’t and I'm happy with that "

You can have a level of attachment without falling for them and falling in love.

cardiff

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

I used to fall easily and now I don’t and I'm happy with that "

I totally get that. Its a form of self preservation i guess, especially if you've been hurt before (which i have also).

I wish i could be more detached when it comes to sex, which i can if its a one off. But i prefer to meet someone more than once, and this is where i find it hard to turn my feelings off. I too am definitely not a swinger!

Llanelli

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

You can have a level of attachment without falling for them and falling in love. "

Yes it's friendship

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

You can have a level of attachment without falling for them and falling in love.

Yes it's friendship "

You fuck all your friends?

Llanelli

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

Yes it's friendship

You fuck all your friends? "

No I fuck the ones that are fwb and that's the only difference

Cheltenham

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

That’s just a friendship isn’t it? I probably wouldn’t go down the pub with people I didn’t have _any_ feelings for but that doesn’t mean I need to be in love with them to share a pint. Maybe I am different in that I can see sex as just a great way to pass time with friends. It doesn’t need to be more than that.

its a relationship - defined by different boundaries to conventional relationships - you are relating to each other in a way that is mutually beneficial - so its more that just friends because of the sexual element but your not looking to move it to a different or more 'conventional' relationship.

"

I know what you mean about the sexual element making it different but I am not really sure _I_ see it that way. I can equate sex with love but I can also equate sex as a fun thing to do with people - it depends on the person I am with.

Llanelli

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

I know what you mean about the sexual element making it different but I am not really sure _I_ see it that way. I can equate sex with love but I can also equate sex as a fun thing to do with people - it depends on the person I am with."

Some people just don't understand it buddy

Love - friends.

There is a million in-betweens.

I'm out.

[Removed by poster at 25/04/24 20:56:17]

cardiff

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

I know what you mean about the sexual element making it different but I am not really sure _I_ see it that way. I can equate sex with love but I can also equate sex as a fun thing to do with people - it depends on the person I am with.

Some people just don't understand it buddy"

I don't think its a question of not understanding it. Everyone has different parameters. And thats ok.

By *ot to giggleWoman 23 weeks ago

Coventry

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

I know what you mean about the sexual element making it different but I am not really sure _I_ see it that way. I can equate sex with love but I can also equate sex as a fun thing to do with people - it depends on the person I am with."

its a relationship - a non conventional relationship - you are relating to each other - you dont have to fall in love with everyone you have fun with - you set the boundaries and your both comfortable with your settings. its also fluid and you can adjust to what your needs are - move it around - its about agreeing the boundaries

Llanelli

I’ll grab my coat then.

One offs, no bother.

Some people just don't understand it buddy

I don't think its a question of not understanding it. Everyone has different parameters. And thats ok."

By not understanding I meant pretty much that, they can't separate or stop the feelings

This thread has definitely got me pondering.

I am happy to have fab friends who I have sex with ... some repeat some one off with not expectations of exclusivity on either side or how often we would meet.

For the repeats friendship is necessary longer term but not romantic stuff and dates and emotions would be purely sexy friendship level.

For me to consider some sort of emotionally attached exclusive relationship I would need elements if swinging agreed as part of the relationship....absolutelydo not want another vanilla relationship..... no cohabiting or marriage on the cards. But the L word feeling is allowed over time in those circumstances.

» Add a new message to this topic