FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > —• Skincare Advice: Scars and Healing Tips •—

—• Skincare Advice: Scars and Healing Tips •—

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eroLondon OP   Man 23 weeks ago

Mayfair

Dear gentlefolk and lounge-lizards of the fora, I have two 'minor surgery' stitches that have more or less dissolved and healed.

However I wish to minimise any long-term scarring and blemishes and would like to promote better wound healing.

Is Bio-Oil (Vit E) any good, or anything better that you would recommend or suggest?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_turtle_movesMan 23 weeks ago

york

I use zeroderm daily in the shower to help with some dry skin, unintended consequence was I have found a marked improvement in scar healing as well

Mayfair

"I use zeroderm daily in the shower to help with some dry skin, unintended consequence was I have found a marked improvement in scar healing as well"

Thank you, TheMoves.

By (user no longer on site) 23 weeks ago

Retinol serums can help reduce scaring and even out your skin tone.

I’d suggest doing some research before using it though. I know it can cause some break-outs when it’s first incorporated into your skin care routine.

By *oodmessMan 23 weeks ago

yumsville

There are creams specifically made to reduce scars, I haven't used them but found them on a google trail.

I did use bio oil quite a lot but stopped after I heard it sits on the skin rather than moisturises it, causing blackheads. I never got any so cant say if it holds water or not

Mayfair

"Retinol serums can help reduce scaring and even out your skin tone.

I’d suggest doing some research before using it though. I know it can cause some break-outs when it’s first incorporated into your skin care routine. "

I need to be vigilant of the blackheads and the breakouts.

By *aizyWoman 23 weeks ago

west midlands

[Removed by poster at 22/04/24 12:15:08]

By *aizyWoman 23 weeks ago

west midlands

I had surgery last year it left me with a scar down my side, I used Bio Oil on it and the scar has faded and disappeared in some places, Bio Oil was all I used.

There's an adhesive skin like substance called duoderm, which my dermatologist prescribed after surgery on my face. It's brilliant but hella expensive for a tiny little piece but seriously worth it.

I cut off a tiny piece at a time.

Also I use Sanex as it's less drying than other shower gels; the ph is better.

Hope that helps

By *oe buckMan 23 weeks ago

London

Bio-oil or coco butter I use on my scars..

Mayfair

Thanks to all the above for the advice.

By *odgerMooreMan 23 weeks ago

Carlisle

For clarity - was this a duelling scar where you cuffed some yobbish lout and sustained a minor duelling scar in the process?

By *emorefridaCouple 23 weeks ago

La la land

I didn't find bio oil did very much above a normal moisturizer. Rose hip oil I've found has made some difference.

Mayfair

"For clarity - was this a duelling scar where you cuffed some yobbish lout and sustained a minor duelling scar in the process? "

Seriously, these musket wounds are worse than the devilishly deep wounds from the shards of a broken heart.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 23 weeks ago

Central

I've used silicone gel treatments and had some positive results. I think there's good research evidence behind their efficacy but I'm uncertain whether much different from other options.

By *eah BabyCouple 23 weeks ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

I used propolis gel and bio oil after throat surgery, alternating between the two, nobody notices the scar, even if pointed out they have to take a really close look, although the surgeon did an amazing job, more than can be said for the butcher I had when I was tot lol

By *ore_Please81Woman 23 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Dear gentlefolk and lounge-lizards of the fora, I have two 'minor surgery' stitches that have more or less dissolved and healed.

However I wish to minimise any long-term scarring and blemishes and would like to promote better wound healing.

Is Bio-Oil (Vit E) any good, or anything better that you would recommend or suggest?"

Bio oil has too many minerals in and generally full of rubbish.

Castor oil and retinol, along with a body wash containing salicylic aid or glycolic acid.

20 years in the makeup industry. X

By *uscious_lips30Woman 23 weeks ago

gloucestershire

Kelo-cote I think that’s what it’s called that’s could for scarring. Though when I said to a medical professional that I was using an oil on a certain area it was kinda frowned up

By *hirley147TV/TS 23 weeks ago

Blackpool

I don't think bio oil does much personally.

By *icecouple561Couple 23 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Any moisturiser combined with regular massage will reduce scarring as much as possible. Even massaging olive oil into your skin will help.

Mayfair

"Dear gentlefolk and lounge-lizards of the fora, I have two 'minor surgery' stitches that have more or less dissolved and healed.

Is Bio-Oil (Vit E) any good, or anything better that you would recommend or suggest?

Bio oil has too many minerals in and generally full of rubbish.

Castor oil and retinol, along with a body wash containing salicylic aid or glycolic acid.

20 years in the makeup industry. X"

Thank ewe, my wee lamb.

By *imi_RougeWoman 23 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Rosehip seed or marula oil are excellent

Mayfair

"Rosehip seed or marula oil are excellent "

How are your massaging competencies? Hint hint.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 23 weeks ago

Bradford

Is Bio-Oil (Vit E) any good, or anything better that you would recommend or suggest?"

Has been used for years very good

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 23 weeks ago

Essex

I was going to say what Mrs Nice couple said. The majority of the effect is in massaging an oil/cream into the skin. It promotes blood flow and healing.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 23 weeks ago

Essex

I bought vitamin e capsules and broke them open. Less additives & stuff xxx

I have been putting epiderm ointment on my small raised scar on side of neck from surgery. It was not intended for it was for something else, but noticing over time using it my stubborn scar is slowly started to shrink. When I googled it later on read you can use epiderm for it after all. So that might be another route to try I guess if other suggestions fail

By *luefire2Couple 23 weeks ago

just somewhere around here

It isn't the cream you use but the action of massaging the scar that helps reduce it. I have a big scar from a dog bite on my arm. The plastic surgery doctors told me that by massaging any kind of moisturiser onto it will help the scar.

Bio oil isn't that great like many scar "reducing" creams.

Mrs R

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 23 weeks ago

Leeds

Bio oil didn't do much for mine, but the Palmer's Coco butter moisturiser worked really well.

Mrs

» Add a new message to this topic