FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Christian England?

Christian England?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *annyDanielle OP   Man 23 weeks ago

Street, Somerset

At an institutional level the Anglican Church holds it's position as the religion of state and therefore, by law, England is still considered a Christiian country and awards this religion certain privileges above all others.

However, with only 6% of adults confirmed as practising Christians should this still be seen to be the case?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 23 weeks ago

When will there be a harvest for the world?

By *cottish guy 555Man 23 weeks ago

London

"When will there be a harvest for the world?"

I feel like I'm born again.

"When will there be a harvest for the world?"

Hi

When Jesus returns, the 6% will be alright

If you want representation for the many, not the few, you should’ve voted Corbyn.

By *erry bull1Man 23 weeks ago

doncaster

Christian religion in the uk is now the minority religion ,

"When will there be a harvest for the world?

Hi "

Hola, Senor.

By *utmegsMan 23 weeks ago

Closer than you think

"Christian religion in the uk is now the minority religion , "

According to the last national census, the majority are Christian, followed by No Religion, so it’s not.

By *ts the taking part thatMan 23 weeks ago

southampton

"Christian religion in the uk is now the minority religion ,

According to the last national census, the majority are Christian, followed by No Religion, so it’s not."

Open your eyes, Census results only represent people that filled them out & no confirmation they were doing so honestly.

By *ansoffateMan 23 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

No the law should reflect that this is a secular society and there is a separation of church and state.

By *ulfilthmentMan 23 weeks ago

Just around the corner

According to the last national census, the majority are Christian, followed by No Religion, so it’s not.

Open your eyes, Census results only represent people that filled them out & no confirmation they were doing so honestly."

Cynicism is probably going to be more destructive than religion in the 21st century. If nobody believes anyone else to be truthful then we really are fucked.

By *naswingdressWoman 23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think part of living in a pluralistic society is ensuring that everyone is represented, and I don't think the place we give to a subset of Christianity is warranted in this day and age.

I'm also concerned by the rise of prominent figures who try to couch their non-belief in a sense of cultural Christianity in order to shit on other religions, mostly Islam.

By *9alMan 23 weeks ago

Bridgend

"No the law should reflect that this is a secular society and there is a separation of church and state."

I think Bishops still have voting rites in the house of lords . The Church, Monarchy & the aristocracy still have a lot of power

By *ansoffateMan 23 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"No the law should reflect that this is a secular society and there is a separation of church and state.

I think Bishops still have voting rites in the house of lords . The Church, Monarchy & the aristocracy still have a lot of power "

I don't think there should be a house of lords either.

By *annyDanielle OP   Man 23 weeks ago

Street, Somerset

According to the last national census, the majority are Christian, followed by No Religion, so it’s not."

It's easy enough to claim that you're a Christian for want of claiming anything else. My point is that only 6% can back this up by actually practising it.

Do people still get married in church and baptise their children, for example, because they're practising Christians or simply because it's seen as tradition? For the vast majority i believe it's the latter.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 23 weeks ago

Stockport

Most of the people who publicly bang on about being Christian, and how England is a Christian country, wouldn't know what true Christianity is even if it bit them on the arse. It's certainly not about using religion to oppress, to offend, to cause hate and division.

I regard myself as a quietly Christian person, I put CofE on my census form, I've lost most of my faith in other human beings.

By *arlot o scaraWoman 23 weeks ago

Hell

"Christian religion in the uk is now the minority religion , "

As it should be. Paganism was the main religion in the UK until the Romans invaded. Hardcore nationalists seem to forget that.

» Add a new message to this topic