FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do YOU know how to doctor ?

Do YOU know how to doctor ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman 23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

I needed a doctor in the week .... and it came to pass that I had NO fooking idea how to get to see my doctor. Things have changed so much. I used to go and sit in the waiting room and wait my turn. Now you can't get an answer on the phone ...... or find an appt online.

How do you lick yours ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arla SwingerWoman 23 weeks ago

Somewhere

I haven't ever licked my GP

Tend to find I rarely need one these days though, it appears the receptionist can fully diagnose me instead Last time I just ordered antibiotics from Superdrug in the end

By *BootyfulDayWoman 23 weeks ago

I called mines last week for the first time in years and got told u had to do an econsult first and then they would be in touch. There were so many questions

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman 23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"I haven't ever licked my GP

Tend to find I rarely need one these days though, it appears the receptionist can fully diagnose me instead Last time I just ordered antibiotics from Superdrug in the end "

I rarely if EVER need a doctor but i wanted a second opinion on sommat ( mine being the first )

They are evasive little fuckers

Somewhere

"I haven't ever licked my GP

Tend to find I rarely need one these days though, it appears the receptionist can fully diagnose me instead Last time I just ordered antibiotics from Superdrug in the end

I rarely if EVER need a doctor but i wanted a second opinion on sommat ( mine being the first )

They are evasive little fuckers"

It was pure shit! I had a gum abscess, I knew enough to know I had one. Tried dentist (more elusive than GP ). Spoke to receptionist, explained issue, stated I'd be more than happy with phone appointment to get antibiotics, she stated nope its a dentist appointment you need. I reiterated, yes I'm aware but I can't GET a dentist appointment?! She replied, yes it's difficult isn't it?... Gave up at that point ordered pills online, picked em up after work

By (user no longer on site) 23 weeks ago

Have to just sit in a queue but then you get told no appointments.It is a very slow system.With one receptionist to take calls

By *olf and RedCouple 23 weeks ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

The easiest way to contact mine is by filling in an online form which is then triaged. You can ring or go in at 8.30am to try to get a same urgent day appointment. Think a lot of the ways to contact now, do exclude elderly patients who struggle with doing online forms.

Red

By *iss.ddWoman 23 weeks ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I can't really fault my GP surgery BUT, this ringing on the day thing is absolutely madness for some things.

I have to have routine bloods every 3 months. Rest of my life. Why can't I book this regular, routine non life threatening event in advance?

Surely it would help their work force planning as it's routine and not urgent

By *naswingdressWoman 23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think this is an example of the NHS postcode lottery.

I can fill in an online form and get a call back within three business days (usually one or two), where I talk directly to my GP. That can sometimes be the end of the matter. If they need to see me, it's a week or two for routine stuff (which is fine), a day or two for urgent stuff (which is acceptable), and often the next day for blood tests (which is impressive).

Somewhere

"The easiest way to contact mine is by filling in an online form which is then triaged. You can ring or go in at 8.30am to try to get a same urgent day appointment. Think a lot of the ways to contact now, do exclude elderly patients who struggle with doing online forms.

Red "

I'm unsure on that? The rare times I have actually managed to see a GP in person the waiting room appears full of elderly patients, who appear to know the receptionists by name, and seems like they're there for their weekly visit/bit of a look out Far more difficult to get an appointment around working? Last time I needed something looked at I got an appointment at the outpatients hospital walk in. My last visit to get an IUD change involved them cancelling my booking twice because there was no one to do it. And the GP I got they assured me 'had done it before' Which is probably the most unassuring convo I've ever had relating to my vagina. But I still took the appointment

By *irtydevil666Man 23 weeks ago

bristol

Just go and see a vet instead.....

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 23 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

I hadn’t seen one since before covid, I get an invitation every year to get blood samples done and do a weigh and measure, for an LTC.

When I had this at the beginning of the month I mentioned to the nurse another issue, she said, ‘you need to get that checked out, you’ll have to fill out a triage form’.

She had a form there and filled it all out for me, apparently they have some doctors upstairs that evaluate these forms and decide whether you get a text with some advice, a phone call or an appointment.

Next day I had a text asking me to come in and see a nurse practitioner in a few days time.

They did an exam and asked questions and decide if its something they can deal with via advice and or a prescription or whether to refer you to the county hospital.

Somewhere

"Just go and see a vet instead....."

Pfft! Need a bank loan first

By *ackformore100Man 23 weeks ago

Tin town

"I needed a doctor in the week .... and it came to pass that I had NO fooking idea how to get to see my doctor. Things have changed so much. I used to go and sit in the waiting room and wait my turn. Now you can't get an answer on the phone ...... or find an appt online.

How do you lick yours ?"

Lick a dr? Don't be disgusting granny.

I have no clue how to do mine. I stopped trying to call or the online shit. I go in and Stand in front of the reception and dont move. Mine seems to be fill in a form. If its urgent you'll get a reply in 48 hours of if you have na appt or not. Unless its urgent, they aim to reposnd in 2 weeks whether you get an appt or not. Blood tests are currently 4 weeks lead times. The moral is... Don't get ill and look after yourself. Until it's too late.

By *naswingdressWoman 23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh - I also have some stuff that needs to be monitored annually. If I'm not prompt in booking the appointment, they send me nastygrams with my prescriptions, and if I keep delaying, they make me fill in my prescriptions weekly or daily to force me in there

(I don't like needles so sue me)

By *red333Man 23 weeks ago

Dorchester

"I needed a doctor in the week .... and it came to pass that I had NO fooking idea how to get to see my doctor. Things have changed so much. I used to go and sit in the waiting room and wait my turn. Now you can't get an answer on the phone ...... or find an appt online.

How do you lick yours ?"

lick my doctor i wouldn't mind shes not bad, i just generally go up the hospital and wait for 10 hours

By *inky_couple2020Couple 23 weeks ago

North West

"Just go and see a vet instead....."

I nearly got a vet to take my stitches out once. True story.

Anyway, Granny, we're lucky that our new doctors are easy to get an appointment with. We just phone, get it answered within a few minutes and they almost always can offer same day, next day or within a couple of days. It's easy for repeat prescriptions too.

Our old doctors? Good luck! Even if you could plan being ill six weeks in advance, you needed a take a day off work to sit and hit "redial" so you could speak to someone to get an appointment for six weeks in the future. They got rid of online appointment booking during COVID and never reinstated it. It was ridiculous.

The new place is a million times better!

By *AJMLKTV/TS 23 weeks ago

Burley

I worked for the NHS for 24 years, and I've had private health insurance for 21 years. The last time I needed to see doctor, he was at my door within 40 minutes of making the call. I appreciate that the NHS have some fantastic staff, both clinical and non-clinical, but the system is terrible compared to many other country's health services, but better than some.

By *midnight-Woman 23 weeks ago

Have to fill in an online form here... It took 5 weeks for a 1 mins telephone call and then another 3 weeks for the actual F2F appointment

I get private health checks through work and they sent a letter to my GP requesting loads of stuff... Within 2 days they'd arranged for me to have a F2F, urine test, bloods, prescription for medication and x-ray, along with repeat bloods +urine and follow up appointment! It would have taken me a year to get that done

By *midnight-Woman 23 weeks ago

"I can't really fault my GP surgery BUT, this ringing on the day thing is absolutely madness for some things.

I have to have routine bloods every 3 months. Rest of my life. Why can't I book this regular, routine non life threatening event in advance?

Surely it would help their work force planning as it's routine and not urgent "

Same here, i get a text asking me to choose to make an in-surgery appointment or go for 2 drop-in options... But i can't reply to the text or book it online, so i have to go in person to tell them

By *imi_RougeWoman 23 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I'd probably just go to the walk in centre for minor injuries/illness. And hope it's not busy.

By *ealMissShadyWoman 23 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

You have to ring at 8am to get an appointment for that day. You can't book appointments in advance unless it's for routine stuff.

Trouble is everyone is ringing at 8am

By *inky_couple2020Couple 23 weeks ago

North West

"I'd probably just go to the walk in centre for minor injuries/illness. And hope it's not busy."

In our new area, there's a walk in centre, open 9-9 every day. It's always, always rammed. In the old place we lived, the walk in centre was closed down in about 2018 and so that wasn't an option.

» Add a new message to this topic