FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Science discovers what half the world's humans have known since the existence of humans

Science discovers what half the world's humans have known since the existence of humans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    23 weeks ago

https://www.sciencealert.com/for-the-first-time-scientists-showed-structural-brain-wide-changes-during-menstruation

Amazing. We're trying to explore the planets, the stars, the deepest oceans, the smallest atoms, and the most remotest of forests- and yet we haven't finished exploring each other...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 23 weeks ago

St Leonards

"https://www.sciencealert.com/for-the-first-time-scientists-showed-structural-brain-wide-changes-during-menstruation

Amazing. We're trying to explore the planets, the stars, the deepest oceans, the smallest atoms, and the most remotest of forests- and yet we haven't finished exploring each other..."

It's interesting, but the thing to remember with all scientists is they do manipulate the data to fit their own wishes according to what time of the month it is.

By *uctifanoWoman 23 weeks ago

Glasgow

“As above, so below; as below, so above"– The Kybalion. This Principle embodies the truth that there is always a Correspondence between the laws and phenomena of the various planes of Being and Life.

What happens in the macrocosm is also reflected in the microcosm

By *inky_couple2020Couple 23 weeks ago

North West

1) It's a preprint

2) The study had only 30 participants

3) There were lots of self reported aspects to the process

I await peer review before drawing any conclusions.

By *emorefridaCouple 23 weeks ago

La la land

[Removed by poster at 21/04/24 10:12:06]

By *emorefridaCouple 23 weeks ago

La la land

"https://www.sciencealert.com/for-the-first-time-scientists-showed-structural-brain-wide-changes-during-menstruation

Amazing. We're trying to explore the planets, the stars, the deepest oceans, the smallest atoms, and the most remotest of forests- and yet we haven't finished exploring each other...

It's interesting, but the thing to remember with all scientists is they do manipulate the data to fit their own wishes according to what time of the month it is."

I never have and never will even if it's annoying as hell.

Where is your evidence that all scientists manipulate their data. Is that based on yours or scientists manipulating the data to suits their narrative?

St Leonards

It's interesting, but the thing to remember with all scientists is they do manipulate the data to fit their own wishes according to what time of the month it is.

Where is your evidence that all scientists manipulate their data. Is that based on yours or scientists manipulating the data to suits their narrative? "

My assertion was based on all the available evidence and peer reviewed.

Well, at the new moon anyway.

I'll grant, reluctantly, that by the time the full moon came around new evidence came to light. That was peer-reviewed too.

But then something strange happened a couple of weeks later, and, well....you get the picture .

By *inky_couple2020Couple 23 weeks ago

North West

Where is your evidence that all scientists manipulate their data. Is that based on yours or scientists manipulating the data to suits their narrative?

I'll grant, reluctantly, that by the time the full moon came around new evidence came to light. That was peer-reviewed too.

But then something strange happened a couple of weeks later, and, well....you get the picture ."

That's not manipulating data. You describe (ish) the scientific method, which has a hypothesis tested; evidence evaluated; a conclusion drawn and then based on that, a modified hypothesis written and the cycle begins again.

A hypothesis is an assertion based on some level of evidence, it isn't just plucked out of someone's arse one day. This method is how we achieve a incremental improvement and refine our understanding of phenomena over time.

St Leonards

But then something strange happened a couple of weeks later, and, well....you get the picture .

That's not manipulating data. You describe (ish) the scientific method, which has a hypothesis tested; evidence evaluated; a conclusion drawn and then based on that, a modified hypothesis written and the cycle begins again.

A hypothesis is an assertion based on some level of evidence, it isn't just plucked out of someone's arse one day. This method is how we achieve a incremental improvement and refine our understanding of phenomena over time. "

Oh go on. Give us a bit of your understanding of Popperian (Baconian) falsifiability and un-conscious bias.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

BECAUSE I FUCKING SAID SO .......... OKAYYYYYYYY

Pass me moon cup n hot water bottle. I have a world to run.

St Leonards

"BECAUSE I FUCKING SAID SO .......... OKAYYYYYYYY

Pass me moon cup n hot water bottle. I have a world to run. "

Oi Granny! It's my job to kill a thread.

Did you take one for me there?

When does normal service resume?

xx

» Add a new message to this topic