FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cash for Exam Passes

Cash for Exam Passes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 24 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports from some psychology so called experts that cash incentives for children to pass GCSEs or A Levels are not a good thing to do for your children and internal motivation works better than external factors. Some say it's unfair on parents that can't afford. Did you give a bounty to your children to pass their exams. What's going on here guys? It's all overr the news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rHotNottsMan 24 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

If you understand motivation doesn’t correlate to performance at all , but underlying needs, values and drivers highly correlate then you know it doesn’t work.

Better they fix themselves first and make good children

By *ot to giggleWoman 24 weeks ago

Coventry

think there are always parents that will reward their children for positive outcome on results. I think its good to give some praise and what incentive that is acceptable to the family for good results. Not everyone is in a position to be able to afford a cash incentive, I took my child out for a meal with a friend when she got her results in. For me it was a well done for all the effort you have put in for the last few years and achieving your desired results

By *ealMissShadyWoman 24 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

I took my eldest for all you can eat Chinese when he passed his exams.

His younger brother wanted a carrot cake, a layer for each GCSE he passed. Little shit got 9 GCSE's, that was a big and tricky cake to construct

By *uri00620Woman 24 weeks ago

Croydon

A school I worked in dished out £5 notes to kids to attend intervention lessons after school.

Needless to say attendance was great but full of kids just dicking about.

This was 10 years ago. No idea what the going rate would be now!

I definitely disagree that schools should be spending money in this way.

By *icecouple561Couple 24 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We didn't give ours anything for passing. Our parents didn't give us anything either although my mum bought me a weird toy cat when I passed the 11+. I remember wondering what on earth she was thinking

By *ora the explorerWoman 24 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

Can’t remember if I got anything. But yeah my eldest got money as a treat. She didn’t know she was getting it though. Didn’t use it as an incentive.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 24 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Never received anything as an incentive but if I got a good result I sometimes got a couple of quid.

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

No I don't regard high academic achievement and grades with financial incentives. God and if I did I"d be broke with my two

Instead very early on they were given clear expectations to work very hard and I always focused on their effort scores and attitude to learning and not their grades.

It's worked for them.

» Add a new message to this topic