FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gone cashless yet?

Gone cashless yet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    24 weeks ago

When is the last time you used cash?

I always carry some cash with me and do use it now and again. But more and more places are cashless. And I do realise I could easily get through a full month without drawing cash out from a machine.

Do you know how long you’ve gone or how long was the longest time you tapped to pay or used you phone exclusively to pay for things?

Are we going closer to not needing cash?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ingerNNutsCouple 24 weeks ago

dublin

Oh I can go months! But I’ve always gone cashless since I got my first debit card as a kid. Have a habit of loosing cash lol.

Took some out when we were on a little staycation few weeks back…but then I ended up giving it to the hubs so I wouldn’t loose it. We needed it for a farmers market…most have revolut nowadays at the least but some still work cash only

-Mrs

By *odyandsoul87Man 24 weeks ago

Leicester

At a nu-metal night in Nottingham last Saturday as I was catching up with old friends and the hosts were cash only.

Otherwise it would have been many months as I usually bank any cash I get due to preferring my credit card that has cash back.

By (user no longer on site) OP    24 weeks ago

"At a nu-metal night in Nottingham last Saturday as I was catching up with old friends and the hosts were cash only.

Otherwise it would have been many months as I usually bank any cash I get due to preferring my credit card that has cash back. "

So you only handle cash because other people pay you with cash?

Would you prefer cashless?

By *an1978Woman 24 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I prefer cash... last used yesterday.

But I get paid by BACS and then have to purposely go into town to get cash out. So since covid I've used card more.

Takeaways are cash only.. so it is good for me on that score as I can't impulse buy one.

But I need cash to give to the kids, or gift in a card.

Not quite the same sending a mate a tenner by BACS for a drink for giving you a hand.

I want Cash to be an option forever.

By *ealitybitesMan 24 weeks ago

Belfast

More and more local businesses are encouraging customers to use cash due to a massive increase in card charges.

By using cash that business gets the full value rather than the bank and card machine company taking a percentage.

For that reason I use cast cash every chance I get but it's not always possible. If anything I would prefer to move back completely to cash

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 24 weeks ago

somewhere

Couple of weekends ago we went to Eastbourne and went in the arcades, I had some cash on me, god knows how as I can't remember the last time I got cash out!

My step son was going off to the 2p machine dispenser and was going to use contactless, he's 15! I gave him some money as I can't get on board with using a card to get 2ps!

I work in a hotel and we rarely take cash compared to 20 years ago when I last worked for them and it's such a ball ache when people do as the paperwork involved lol x

By *ymbunnyfitCouple 24 weeks ago

East Yorkshire

Cash is king use it every day if it's not taken somewhere I walk away

By *irtyKittenCouple 24 weeks ago

Southampton

Card is so much quicker, I find people struggle to work out the change to give you these days if you pay cash.

By *iss.Bella.Woman 24 weeks ago

North Wales

Ever since setting up gpay on my phone, I don't even use my card anymore. I keep misplacing it around the house. Why I don't keep it in my purse is beyond me.

By *coobyABCMan 24 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Cash is king. Cashless is killing off small businesses. Idcnot be surprised if some shops start charging more for paying card to compensate the charges

By *red333Man 24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"When is the last time you used cash?

I always carry some cash with me and do use it now and again. But more and more places are cashless. And I do realise I could easily get through a full month without drawing cash out from a machine.

Do you know how long you’ve gone or how long was the longest time you tapped to pay or used you phone exclusively to pay for things?

Are we going closer to not needing cash? "

I just won't use places that are cashless, i pay cash every time

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

I don't even own a purse so no cash here, it's a faff.

Phone is so much easier.

By *rafter69Man 24 weeks ago

upminster

I still use cash everywhere I can. When the electronic systems fail they dont mind cash then.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 24 weeks ago

Cumbria

I want Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates, the WEF, New World Order, George Soros and all the other liberal elites to be able to track what I’m doing so I only use cashless.

By *ablo minibar123Woman 24 weeks ago

Most places in my town are cashless, even the small businesses would rather not take cash, as we have no banks and the post office is always jam packed. Getting change is a pain in the arse.

By *olace50Man 24 weeks ago

Northamptonshire

Won’t be long and we will be encouraged to have a barcode tattoo on our wrist, using cards or phones to pay is just another way that advertising companies build up a profile of you stick with cash

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 24 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Apparently not ! There was a big uptick in cash sales recently

Cash is king after all

"I want Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates, the WEF, New World Order, George Soros and all the other liberal elites to be able to track what I’m doing so I only use cashless."

I can see them now, sat round the table discussing my iced coffee addiction.

I always use cash for pretty much everything

I'll be buying a car soon, that'll be paid for with a big wedge of cash. Hopefully the recipient doesn't declare it all and avoids a bit of tax. Much harder to do when done digitally.

By *umalotagainMan 24 weeks ago

a town called malice

Mixed use, my barber is cash only, but mostly use card, my customers spend high 3 figures £600 up on product and mostly use card but when they do pay in cash it is a pain as I have to go and bank it which takes time they I don’t have

By *os19Man 24 weeks ago

Edmonton

I tend to use cash where possible on Monday I went to Subway and then onto Rios and paid for both in cash even though I noticed in Rios a few months ago the couple in front of me paid the entrance fee on a card that was actually the first time I noticed Rios had a card machine.In some of the cafes and chicken shops where I live in North London it’s still cash only.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman 24 weeks ago

Next Door

I'm trying more amd more not to use my card when I'm shopping or out.

Hate not having the option of not being able to use cash and I void places where its card only.

Card transactions are getting more expensive and for smaller businesses around here prefer cash.

By *arkus1812Man 24 weeks ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I use cash as often as possible, 3 shops I purchased from yesterday all paid for in cash.

My gardener,window cleaner,house cleaner and car valeter all prefer cash.

I carry a float of £200 in cash having seen the upheavel when a supermarket card payment systen when down.

Even in my village we have 3 ATM's so getting cash out is no problem.

My grandkids are addicted to cash, my daughter has a nail salon and 40% of her customers pay in cash.

Long may cash continue.

I lifted money yesterday to pay a colleague for flowers we bought for another colleague whos husband passed away, i do like to carry cash usually but find myself more and more just using contactless

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 24 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Use cash several times a week and always carry cash with me.

By *onameyet2Man 24 weeks ago

chorley

Does anyone know if it’s legal for a business to refuse cash as it’s legal tender? My gym is cashless now, DL

By *lik and PaulCouple 24 weeks ago

Flagrante

"Cash is king. Cashless is killing off small businesses. Idcnot be surprised if some shops start charging more for paying card to compensate the charges "

They used to but it generally stopped when some of the larger stores phased it out to gain competitive advantage and then it became illegal in 2018.

Personally prefer cash and use it all the time unless somewhere is card only but that's rare. I often go out without my wallet so cash in pocket only and also don't always have my phone with me, not that I would ever use it to pay for anything.

Cumbria

"I want Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates, the WEF, New World Order, George Soros and all the other liberal elites to be able to track what I’m doing so I only use cashless.

I can see them now, sat round the table discussing my iced coffee addiction. "

You may laugh but that’s how ‘they’ control you, first it’s an iced Frappuccino, then they are controlling your thoughts with chemtrails and fluoride in the water.

Or something.

BRIDPORT

"Does anyone know if it’s legal for a business to refuse cash as it’s legal tender? My gym is cashless now, DL "

A business can choose what method of payments it accepts, they can refuse to take cash or they can refuse to take card.

By *ragonbaitCouple 24 weeks ago

Reading and Aberdare

XTasia was all cash when we went in Feb, bit of a surprise.

Other than that - tattoos and also a lot of the Christmas market stalls when we went to Germany last year wanted cash.

Neither of us use it day to day.

By *sWyldWoman 24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

My phone is probably my main way of paying for things but I still use cash regularly too. Infact I used it yesterday to pay for some petrol and will use it tonight when I get my nails done

By *loth280Man 24 weeks ago

Caversham

I find it so much easier to budget using cash.....far too easy to impulse buy using a card!

Or maybe I am just rubbish with self control!!

By *onameyet2Man 24 weeks ago

chorley

I’ve found the card to be much quicker than my phone, less messing about, but I’m a bit anal about doing things efficiently

By *ellhungvweMan 24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Does anyone know if it’s legal for a business to refuse cash as it’s legal tender? My gym is cashless now, DL

A business can choose what method of payments it accepts, they can refuse to take cash or they can refuse to take card. "

When people say something is legal tender what that actually means is that if you repay a debt with it then you can’t be sued for non repayment. If you repay the debt in some other way (favours for example) then you could, potentially, be sued for non repayment.

Like Huggy says, if a business only wants to be paid in coco pops then they are completely free to accept only coco pops as payment.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS 24 weeks ago

Newquay

Use phone / card mostly but always have a ten or twenty quid note tucked inside the phone case

.....handy when purchasing from the tax dodging takeaways & small business referenced by the cash is king advocates!

By *bi HaiveMan 24 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"XTasia was all cash when we went in Feb, bit of a surprise.

Other than that - tattoos and also a lot of the Christmas market stalls when we went to Germany last year wanted cash.

Neither of us use it day to day."

Were the machines down?

Because generally my bank statement tells me how many rounds of shots I've ended up getting on nights at Xtasia.

I rarely use cash. Its a faff. Last time was when I bought something from someone on Facey.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 24 weeks ago

Central

I've used cash most days this week.

By *midnight-Woman 24 weeks ago

£10 for dancing last week Luckily i had £20 in my purse which was left over from something... Its so rare for me to have cash

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan 24 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

Mix of both tbh ..

If it's a run to the local shop or chippy then always cash ..

Otherwise it's card for online stuff ..

I still get payed in cash unbelievably haha

By *lack Orchid 0204Man 24 weeks ago

Leeds

I use cash daily, its rare I use my card

Cash keeps people employed

By *obilebottomMan 24 weeks ago

All over

"Are we going closer to not needing cash?"

I blooming hope not. I have made my feelings clear in lots of similar threads. I feel so strong about it that myself and most people I know have gone back to pay cash wherever possible so we don't walk ourselves into a casheless society. I can give you countless reasons as to why not but my main one is that I am not selfish to want that just because is convenient for me. It is not for so many others. It is not entiry safe and had examples recently how people were left stranded when systems went down. I don't want to pay the street musician by card whether they carry a card machine or not. I like to pay my 99 in cash, put my 57p in the charity collection box, give the children some pocket money and advise them to save a few pennies in the piggy bank. Shall I go on? It's a no from me. I use both and how it should stay imo. Look at the stats in Europe where they have for long time kept a very healthy balance of using cash and plastic. Most around 50/50. We seem obsessed with using plastic in this country.

By *hinstrapMan 24 weeks ago

Barnsley

I avoid cashless shops....cash is king in my eyes. Using cashless ideals will only benefit the card issuers.

By *ot to giggleWoman 24 weeks ago

Coventry

went to Blackpool the other weekend and no one took card - everything was cash only even the B&B - then went to a local Starbucks and they refused cash - card only.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We seem obsessed with using plastic in this country. "

I'd actually argue the opposite.

People who use alternative payments don't have a 'card is king/phone is king' mentality.

We just do it for convenience. Businesses likewise aren't generally fussed as its usually cheaper and more convenient not to deal in cash (american candy stores, dodgy High St barbers and other common money laundering/tax evasion businesses aside).

We don't advocate to stop using cash. We don't try and change anyone else's mindset or put up signs.

We don't post inaccurate memes on Facey.

We don't circulate conspiracy theories.

Even though the Bank of England has long stated that cash will always remain and that even in the event of a central digital currency, cash would continue to be created and circulated, there's this wild notion that there's a hidden agenda to something that is simply a convenient payment method for many.

I chuckle when I see 'cash is king'. Especially when said by someone who the day before was moaning that their bank wouldn't lend them any money, or that their leccy bill is unfair because they choose a pre-payment meter over a direct debit.

Cash is fine. But it's not the be all and end all.

By *icecouple561Couple 24 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We're 50/50

I take my card out, Mr N takes cash. I always have cash on me though and use it periodically. When we're in Europe we use cash all the time

All over

"I avoid cashless shops....cash is king in my eyes. Using cashless ideals will only benefit the card issuers. "

I avoid them too but usually try to tell them politely also that is the reason. They need to know they are losing business by doing that. It is the same with some places, including important services for the elderly and infirm, going online only. It disgrace and is left to me and you to help people we know in those situations. Some don't even have a current account, just the old type building society acvount and their book. Who am I to say they should now stress about all that in the last years of their life. We are getting more and more selfish imo if we encourage and support those practices even if they are convennient for ourselves.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 24 weeks ago

North West

Used it for horse riding because it's card or bank transfer only. Also to give our daughter money for the school fair. But otherwise we're pretty cashless.

By *eroLondonMan 24 weeks ago

Mayfair

Last Sunday was the last time I used cash, to pay for my young son's haircut.

Otherwise I prefer credit card, for the convenience, and also because where I live very few places take cash. Also, where I live there seems to be fever ATM machines...

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I avoid cashless shops....cash is king in my eyes. Using cashless ideals will only benefit the card issuers.

I avoid them too but usually try to tell them politely also that is the reason. They need to know they are losing business by doing that. It is the same with some places, including important services for the elderly and infirm, going online only. It disgrace and is left to me and you to help people we know in those situations. Some don't even have a current account, just the old type building society acvount and their book. Who am I to say they should now stress about all that in the last years of their life. We are getting more and more selfish imo if we encourage and support those practices even if they are convennient for ourselves. "

I'll step in here as I work with many that you put into that 'elderly' category.

The percentage that don't have accounts is miniscule. Expecting elderly and disabled people, many of whom have mobility issues, to continue to use cash which requires travel to access and use, over digital payment methods which are far more convenient and flexible, self managed from home and safer for them, is actually pretty unreasonable.

Being able to manage their own money is an essential factor tor in maintaining independence and dignity.

The assumption that the old can't use cards, direct debits and online banking is generally one adopted by cash advocates as an argument, rather than the actual reality these older people are living in, as if they're incapable of change.

North West

"I avoid cashless shops....cash is king in my eyes. Using cashless ideals will only benefit the card issuers.

I avoid them too but usually try to tell them politely also that is the reason. They need to know they are losing business by doing that. It is the same with some places, including important services for the elderly and infirm, going online only. It disgrace and is left to me and you to help people we know in those situations. Some don't even have a current account, just the old type building society acvount and their book. Who am I to say they should now stress about all that in the last years of their life. We are getting more and more selfish imo if we encourage and support those practices even if they are convennient for ourselves.

I'll step in here as I work with many that you put into that 'elderly' category.

The percentage that don't have accounts is miniscule. Expecting elderly and disabled people, many of whom have mobility issues, to continue to use cash which requires travel to access and use, over digital payment methods which are far more convenient and flexible, self managed from home and safer for them, is actually pretty unreasonable.

Being able to manage their own money is an essential factor tor in maintaining independence and dignity.

The assumption that the old can't use cards, direct debits and online banking is generally one adopted by cash advocates as an argument, rather than the actual reality these older people are living in, as if they're incapable of change.

"

*Applause*

My 84yo Dad has dementia but can still log in to his internet banking!

All over

"

Sorry to disagree and whilst some can others can't and I know plenty and not for the lack of trying. I am leaving it to that ascit is upsetting when I think about it. But I always appreciate everybody's point of you. Somevof us are more fortunate than others

By *eyond PurityCouple 24 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

I prefer to pay small businesses in cash. The fees on card transactions can be a significant part of their margin and businesses struggle enough as it is.

Lots of places abroad prefer cash too, so I always carry money.

C

By *luebell888Woman 24 weeks ago

Glasgowish

I go cashless abroad but like my pounds and pennies in my purse here.

By *eyond PurityCouple 24 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Was at the Grand National last week and none of the bars/food halls took cash. Yet all the bookies were cash only…

I prefer to pay by card as I feel I just lose money but don’t like that places get charged for you using your card!

K

All over

Sorry to disagree and whilst some can others can't and I know plenty and not for the lack of trying. I am leaving it to that ascit is upsetting when I think about it. But I always appreciate everybody's point of you. Somevof us are more fortunate than others "

Ps I am not advocating that those people should also nit have tge choice or supported to do so if they can. Itvis the vhoicecI am arguing against that it should remain.

By *umalotagainMan 24 weeks ago

a town called malice

"I prefer to pay small businesses in cash. The fees on card transactions can be a significant part of their margin and businesses struggle enough as it is.

C"

The cost of banking cash for businesses is a real thing too, we have a great bank and if I pay in cash at the ATM it’s free. Other than that if i pay it in over the counter and go over £1000 in a month it is 70p per £100 paid in ( on a par with our C-Card rate)

I then have the challenge of getting to the bank as we are not insured for more than £3k on the premises when we are closed unless I install a safe bolted to the floor

I am all good with card payment thanks

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I prefer to pay small businesses in cash. The fees on card transactions can be a significant part of their margin and businesses struggle enough as it is.

C

The cost of banking cash for businesses is a real thing too, we have a great bank and if I pay in cash at the ATM it’s free. Other than that if i pay it in over the counter and go over £1000 in a month it is 70p per £100 paid in ( on a par with our C-Card rate)

I then have the challenge of getting to the bank as we are not insured for more than £3k on the premises when we are closed unless I install a safe bolted to the floor

I am all good with card payment thanks "

Even years ago when I worked in the bar industry I preferred cards.

No member of staff ever nicked any card transactions from the till, I could have saved hours cashing up, having to constantly go to the safe for change because 'fruity bob' was constantly wanting coins for the gambler and having to take a second member of staff with me every Monday to join a huge queue at the bank to pay in a heavy weekends takings......

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 24 weeks ago

Bradford

Never go cash less your walking into a world of technical nit are and rip off.

By *andyfloss2000Woman 24 weeks ago

ashford

Only time I use it is to put In birthday cards x

By *ust RachelTV/TS 24 weeks ago

Horsham

This morning, prefer cash to being cashless.

Had too many incidents where the tills have stoppwd working, people ask you to pay with cash.

By *eliWoman 24 weeks ago

Yesterday.

I always carry cash on me. That's not because of any reason other than I'm a 'mare for losing my card. Forget I've put it in my bra, what part of my bag, left it in the car...

So now, rather than groping my boobs in front of a cashier in a desperate bid to find the missing card, I make sure I have cash.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 24 weeks ago

Reading

Very rarely. Mostly use my watch to pay.

By *inAndTonic21Couple 24 weeks ago

Merseyside

I am mostly cashless hubby likes to carry a little

By *cunnylassCouple 24 weeks ago

Exeter

I mix it up.Paid for shopping this morning with my phone but always carry my debit card and cash too.Cash isn't going to disappear completely for a long time.

Mike

By *GermanInLondonMan 24 weeks ago

London

Mix of both.

And bothers me that sometimes when tapping with the phone it asks for the card. Not sure what's the point then.

So usually have phone, card and cash on me

By *iss DevilWoman 24 weeks ago

Bedford

I prefer not to carry cash in my purse as it's much easier to spend .

I usually use cash on two main occasions:

1) shopping in charity shops, as some of them still have "COVID" and don't offer changing rooms. So rather than pay with card for things I like the look of, and then wait for about a week to get the money back in my account once I return the item, I'd much rather pay cash, try it on as soon as I can, then return if needed and get my money back straight away.

2) one of my local swingers clubs is cash only.

By *lderflowerappleWoman 24 weeks ago

Basingstoke

I went cashless during lockdown. The first time I had cash in my hands since then was in February when someone paid me in cash for something I'd paid for them on my card. I literally used the last of the cash yesterday. I rarely ever take any cards or a purse out with me, and as we all knows women's clothing is famous for its absence of pockets. So being a Google Wallet kinda gal really works for me.

By *amierebelMan 24 weeks ago

nae danger.

Personally on a atm only card at the minute so I use cash always , I'll be fucked if we do go cashless

By *icecouple561Couple 24 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I long for the bartering system of times gone by. When you could exchange a marrow for a smart telly

All over

"I long for the bartering system of times gone by. When you could exchange a marrow for a smart telly "

The good old days

By *allipygousMan 24 weeks ago

Leicester

I always have at least 100 quid on me but mostly pay by debit card.

My corner shop only does card payments for purchases totalling £3 and over, the Chinese takeaway gives 10% discount for cash.

By *ynecplCouple 24 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I haven't used cash in many, many years. I was an early adopter of debit card payments and now pay for everything using either my phone or watch. Mrs on the other hand still carries cash and uses it regularly.

By *onkoMan 24 weeks ago

here and there

We need to go back to using cash

If you have £50 in cash and buy something that person then has £50 to spend on something

If you spend £50 via contact less the bank takes £1.50 and the person then only has £48.50 to spend.

If all the transactions take place contact less then after 37 sales the original £50 has been spent in bank fees and the person has £0 to spend

The banks get rich we get poor

Use cash people

By *0ng0 furyMan 24 weeks ago

Birkenhead

cash all the way

By *atnip make me purrWoman 24 weeks ago

Reading

[Removed by poster at 19/04/24 11:21:19]

"Cash is king use it every day if it's not taken somewhere I walk away "

This . All governments and banks are pushing cashless for a reason and it’s not good .

Every time you use card the banks get a cut , they don’t when using cash and that’s just the tip of the iceberg .

BRIDPORT

C

I am all good with card payment thanks

Even years ago when I worked in the bar industry I preferred cards.

No member of staff ever nicked any card transactions from the till, I could have saved hours cashing up, having to constantly go to the safe for change because 'fruity bob' was constantly wanting coins for the gambler and having to take a second member of staff with me every Monday to join a huge queue at the bank to pay in a heavy weekends takings...... "

Your staff couldn’t take a card transaction from the till but they could use the customers card info to spend their money.

Went out for a meal and one person payed on card for all of us, next month they were looking at their statement only to find two more transactions at that venue, a member of bar staff were using the card details.

By *annyDanielleMan 24 weeks ago

Street, Somerset

"Cash is king use it every day if it's not taken somewhere I walk away

This . All governments and banks are pushing cashless for a reason and it’s not good .

Every time you use card the banks get a cut , they don’t when using cash and that’s just the tip of the iceberg . "

Cashless transaction hit small businesses, i don't see why we can't have a two tier system when paying for goods where a percentage is added to the cost if paying by card.

Also a cashless society hands control of our finances to the banks and government ultimately impacting our peronal freedom. This was perfectly shown to be the case when Trudeau froze the bank accounts of protesting truckers in Canada.

Cash please

Not in to damn card malarkey

By *mmaleiaWoman 24 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

No, and never will! As an owner of a small business, sod you credit card owners & your transactions under £5!!!

It'd be nice to have some cash in the first instance.

A cashless society can't be a good thing, can it!?

Dorchester

Every time you use card the banks get a cut , they don’t when using cash and that’s just the tip of the iceberg .

Cashless transaction hit small businesses, i don't see why we can't have a two tier system when paying for goods where a percentage is added to the cost if paying by card.

Also a cashless society hands control of our finances to the banks and government ultimately impacting our peronal freedom. This was perfectly shown to be the case when Trudeau froze the bank accounts of protesting truckers in Canada. "

exactly it takes away your freedom use cash more, make them reverse their decisions

By *exyLeeLeeWoman 24 weeks ago

leeds

I hate being cashless and only paying by card. I prefer to pay cash so I know where I'm at. Yes I get people are like... do you know how many people have touched that note or coin..? Yes the same amount of machines you havr touched with your card..on a night out. Yes card I get it as its easier to carry. Bur in general. I prefer cash

By *ad NannaWoman 24 weeks ago

East London

Yesterday at the convenience shop and kebab shop.

I had cash because my son gave me son and I kept on me because I was going somewhere that only takes cash, because they're hiring a school facility.

The kebab shop only takes cash too.

All over

"Yesterday at the convenience shop and kebab shop.

I had cash because my son gave me son and I kept on me because I was going somewhere that only takes cash, because they're hiring a school facility.

The kebab shop only takes cash too.

"

Cushty

By *ukeM8519Man 24 weeks ago

Sligo

Only time I get cash out is for the Turkish Barbers and Chinese Takeaway. They never have tills or card machines. CASH ONLY!!

By *EAT..85Woman 24 weeks ago

Nottingham

I always carry cash. The kids pocket money, birthday card cash and I like stalls, fairs and fun days etc. Corner shop mini purchases below minimum card spend and the window cleaner!

I always have cash. Use it most days. All my bills are DD. But daily life is cash

By *exyLeeLeeWoman 24 weeks ago

leeds

One thing I sometimes can find annoying is this go Henry or under 18s. I feel it doesn't teach kids the value of money.... some times yes it is good. But I only give my under 18 cash for pocket money..

All over

"I always have cash. Use it most days. All my bills are DD. But daily life is cash"

Much like me. And some puchases for the card protection if I feel is needed.

By *ottodot123Couple 24 weeks ago

Gillingham

[Removed by poster at 19/04/24 12:27:08]

By *ottodot123Couple 24 weeks ago

Gillingham

The club only takes cash. So I always have some

By *2000ManMan 24 weeks ago

Worthing

Today for breakfast. I only use card outside of the home for car service and weekly food shop.

By *annyDanielleMan 24 weeks ago

Street, Somerset

Also a cashless society hands control of our finances to the banks and government ultimately impacting our peronal freedom. This was perfectly shown to be the case when Trudeau froze the bank accounts of protesting truckers in Canada. exactly it takes away your freedom use cash more, make them reverse their decisions "

I've walked out of many a business if they refuse to take cash.

By *ertcamembertMan 24 weeks ago

Reading area

"We need to go back to using cash

If you have £50 in cash and buy something that person then has £50 to spend on something

If you spend £50 via contact less the bank takes £1.50 and the person then only has £48.50 to spend.

If all the transactions take place contact less then after 37 sales the original £50 has been spent in bank fees and the person has £0 to spend

Use cash people "

Bank transaction fee's would almost certainly increase if we were all foolish enough to allow the banks to have their way

If we went cashless we would all be powerless to stop the banks squeezing us with ever increasing percentages of transaction fee's

This could bring a lot of people to their financial knees so we MUST always keep cash as one of our payment options

By *ripfillMan 24 weeks ago

havant

At last …. We have the builders in - there was a question about a Baccs however as one pundit has already replied - cash is king - now I have to travel miles to get some

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be in Newcastle I was surprised how many market stalls in the magnificent Grainger market still wanted cash !

By *lik and PaulCouple 24 weeks ago

Flagrante

"

We did but it became illegal in 2018.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 24 weeks ago

wonderland.

I always try to have cash on me. I also have no cards on my phone and still chip and pin for anything over 30quid x

Cali

Cumbria

Also a cashless society hands control of our finances to the banks and government ultimately impacting our peronal freedom. This was perfectly shown to be the case when Trudeau froze the bank accounts of protesting truckers in Canada. exactly it takes away your freedom use cash more, make them reverse their decisions

I've walked out of many a business if they refuse to take cash. "

Strange hill to die on but whatever floats your boat.

By *ellinever70Woman 24 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Use cash people "

If I make a contactless purchase of 50 in aldi, I don’t think the bank gets anything from that

Dorchester

The trouble is the banks are shutting all the branches making it more and more difficult to do anything without technology, i don't even know where my nearest branch is and i don't have telephone banking, i resist technology at almost every point, I've never worn a watch in my life, i love it fighting an uphill battle

By *rHotNottsMan 24 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Markets & certain shopping , it’s mostly easier to negotiate with market traders and independents when offering cash . In sine countries like Philippines you need Gocash that requires a local SIM so you have to have cash as a visitor

Until I go swimming and they insist on 20p for the locker

Dorchester

"Markets & certain shopping , it’s mostly easier to negotiate with market traders and independents when offering cash . In sine countries like Philippines you need Gocash that requires a local SIM so you have to have cash as a visitor "
cash is king

By *ral DMan 24 weeks ago

Leicestershire

I refuse to go cashless, it costs small businesses a fortune in card cost transactions i only use places that accept cash and i never use self service tills either we are paying premium rate for products i expect to be served not scan the stuff myself and pack my own bags, also self service cashless maxhines are taking jobs from people.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 24 weeks ago

little house on the praire

I used cash yesterday to pay my cleaner and I pay my gardener in cash.

Everything else is card

By *ustforshow25Couple 24 weeks ago

Leatherhead

Use cash people "

I see this a lot and it causes me irrational frustration as it is just so rubbish. Firstly it is mathematically inaccurate - as the fee is a percentage of the current value, each subsequent transaction from the first has a lower fee attached. Secondly it assumes there are no costs for cash, despite there being quite a few (insurance, time, banking etc). The difference is one is taken as a cut of the transaction and the other is an additional cost outside of it.

Personally I use various payment methods depending on the situation. Initially I'll use the one that saves me the most money (do I get a discount for cash/card), if there is no saving for me I'll use the one they prefer (they know which works better for their business structure), if they don't care I'll use whichever is more convenient in the moment.

Mr

Dorchester

For me its the control that the banks want thats why they shut local branches forcing you to do telephone banking and using your card, are you going to be dictated to by the money lenders, i suspect quite a few of you are, i will resist right until the end

Cumbria

"For me its the control that the banks want thats why they shut local branches forcing you to do telephone banking and using your card, are you going to be dictated to by the money lenders, i suspect quite a few of you are, i will resist right until the end "

You’re so brave.

By *injaprincessWoman 24 weeks ago

herehere

Yesterday…. I havnt been to a shop today… but I always carry cash for various reasons … I prefer cash than contactless/card …

North West

Today I had to send 2 quid to a colleague via PayPal for a sweepstake, because I had no cash

By *im_1878Man 24 weeks ago

Formby

There is a lovely little Chinese bakery on berry street, Liverpool, that is cash only.

So no, I will not go cashless. I need/want my bakery goodies

By *agnar73Man 24 weeks ago

Glasgow

Try not to have cash

My excuse is a coin allergy. Patch of skin goes on my legs, so I usually use card and I need to carry coins in a bag sort of thing

By *orace99Man 24 weeks ago

York

I mostly use cash except for direct debits ect.

I don't think a cashless society is going to be a good idea personally.

Dorchester

"For me its the control that the banks want thats why they shut local branches forcing you to do telephone banking and using your card, are you going to be dictated to by the money lenders, i suspect quite a few of you are, i will resist right until the end

You’re so brave."

thankyou

By *ablo minibar123Woman 24 weeks ago

"Does anyone know if it’s legal for a business to refuse cash as it’s legal tender? My gym is cashless now, DL "

It's completely legal for a business to refuse to take cash , hence why so many do. Only because cash is legal tender doesn't mean it's a legal requirement for a business to accept it

All over

"Does anyone know if it’s legal for a business to refuse cash as it’s legal tender? My gym is cashless now, DL

It's completely legal for a business to refuse to take cash , hence why so many do. Only because cash is legal tender doesn't mean it's a legal requirement for a business to accept it"

Of course is their choice but exactly why I have walked out and taken my custom elsewhere on many occasions after I explained why.

By *BootyfulDayWoman 24 weeks ago

The majority of the time I use card as I get cash back for most transactions…..I do like to have some cash though as a back up and for the small transactions but they are rare!

By *arlot o scaraWoman 24 weeks ago

Hell

"I want Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates, the WEF, New World Order, George Soros and all the other liberal elites to be able to track what I’m doing so I only use cashless."

If anyone is tracking what I’m doing, they must be bored. Let them crack on

By *naswingdressWoman 24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I rarely use cash.

We use cash as much as possible and love that so many of my customers are from an era that love to pay with it also noticing more and more shops asking for cash over card payments because of charges lately

By *cLovin2Man 24 weeks ago

Reading

Haven't used or got out any cash for maybe a year?

Everything is cashless now, shops, market stalls even my Salsa class, it's all cashless, so much easier, don't have to carry a wallet around anymore, only the phone.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 24 weeks ago

chichester

No I love cash still when I can

By *oeBeansMan 24 weeks ago

Derby

I'll use cash with my barber they don't take card which is definitely not to avoid tax and I'll keep some shrapnel just in case, but other than that I pretty much use my card for everything

I’m cashless when I can only really take cash out for haircuts, convenance store payments etc. Generally just think about the amount of lose change you must spend/loose/never use during your life

By *erry bull1Man 24 weeks ago

doncaster

I use cash all the time , very rare I use my card

By *ornucopiaMan 24 weeks ago

Bexley

"I haven't used cash in many, many years. I was an early adopter of debit card payments and now pay for everything using either my phone or watch. Mrs on the other hand still carries cash and uses it regularly."

Can't see my selff widing watch being much good at paying for things, nor my blueand white Nokia.

I do have several smartphones but have never contemplated or oganised their use for any sort of financial transactions. Never even scanned a QR code yet. I bought them for calls, texts and tethering computers to so I can keep up with Fab.

Bexley

(Self winding watch)

By *orbidden eastMan 24 weeks ago

london dodging electric scooters

Never. I actually like to feel what I’m spending

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 19/04/24 22:31:23]

Bexley

"

Can't think of a better reason for maintaining my lifelong avoidance of gyms!

Bexley

How about the sucropaternalism industry?

Can't see the existence of an audit trail caused by cashless transactions going down too well with the donors!

By *ust RachelTV/TS 24 weeks ago

Horsham

This made me laugh, recently both McDonalds and Tesco cashless payment system stopped working, the amount of annoyed people asking where a cash machine had me in stitches.

By *undee2Man 24 weeks ago

Dundee

I prefer to use cash. I like the privacy and flexibility. I have never had a credit card, never will, debt makes the debtor a sl4ve. I have a debit card but restrict its use as much as possible.

By *rucking-HellMan 24 weeks ago

Northampton

I've been using cash more and more these past few months. I only use cash when I go into town on Saturday night. Even started using it in Tesco a little more too. I last used on Thursday (bought a cup of coffee from a vending machine), and Wednesday (paid entry fee into a venue).

One of my worst fears is a totally cashless society. So I'm doing my bit in keeping cash circulating.

By *LINCSLOVERMan 24 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

My hair dresser only takes cash and a few other places so I always carry some cash

"More and more local businesses are encouraging customers to use cash due to a massive increase in card charges.

By using cash that business gets the full value rather than the bank and card machine company taking a percentage.

For that reason I use cast cash every chance I get but it's not always possible. If anything I would prefer to move back completely to cash "

This, small businesses want cash, so I've been taking cash out for them and since so been using cash more at the shops.

"Won’t be long and we will be encouraged to have a barcode tattoo on our wrist, using cards or phones to pay is just another way that advertising companies build up a profile of you stick with cash "

The government were thinking of micro chipping us

Some places are still cash only.

If systems fails how you going to pay..peanuts lol. We still need cash but if machines are down we are fukked

By *adyBugsWoman 24 weeks ago

cognito

I scrolled quickly when reading this and thought it was asking if I’d gone crotch less yet

Dorchester

Technology always fails

By *lder.Woman 24 weeks ago

Not Local

I used it this morning at the carboot sale.

By *icolerobbieCouple 24 weeks ago

walsall

"How about the sucropaternalism industry?

Can't see the existence of an audit trail caused by cashless transactions going down too well with the donors!"

All the more reason to use cash.

walsall

"I’m cashless when I can only really take cash out for haircuts, convenance store payments etc. Generally just think about the amount of lose change you must spend/loose/never use during your life "

All the loose change goes in a pot and pays for little things.

walsall

It's completely legal for a business to refuse to take cash , hence why so many do. Only because cash is legal tender doesn't mean it's a legal requirement for a business to accept it

Of course is their choice but exactly why I have walked out and taken my custom elsewhere on many occasions after I explained why. "

I left £350 worth of purchases at the till in decathlon when they told me it was card only.

Can see how that’s good for business.

They’ve started accepting cash again now btw.

By *remiumbondMan 24 weeks ago

Morpeth

Never use cash …. Been caught out tho !!!!

» Add a new message to this topic