FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Worst excuses for no shows

Worst excuses for no shows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouble Life OP   Man 24 weeks ago

Doncaster

Arranged to meet, drove half an hour, waited for a message once there which I never received, got one back three hours later apologising, but she had to pick her partners brother up from prison because his own brother had let him down at the last minute,she was worried sick and totally forgot to message me back in her rush to get there!

Fuck off pinochio lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman 24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

That one seems novel enough that it might be true.

I let down my first meet by landing in hospital

By *offiaCoolWoman 24 weeks ago

Kidsgrove

"That one seems novel enough that it might be true.

I let down my first meet by landing in hospital "

Drama queen

By *anforkinkywomenMan 24 weeks ago

Barwell

Bad liars go into too much detail. Do I think you're right. I'm going lie.

By *naswingdressWoman 24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Bad liars go into too much detail. Do I think you're right. I'm going lie."

The person I was due to meet heard all the gory details. And got photos

The surgical scar is still visible too

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 24 weeks ago

Bradford

Well I've had loads but the biggest shock was .it was the other day of the meet they not been in touch for 14hrs . 5mins before the meet it

They get in touch tell me what had happen and they actually turn up a hour later but the shock was they actually turned up .

By *nnCeeWoman 24 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

His car broke down. Allegedly.

He didn't message to tell me this until 15 minutes after we were supposed to have met.

Ah well.

The prison story is so weird it could well be true

By *ot to giggleWoman 24 weeks ago

Coventry

Overslept ... for 2 days apparently

By *ingpot!Man 24 weeks ago

West Cork

Ha! Ny wife and I had one where HE was supposedly in jail for two days but he was "innocent" - apparently a case of "mistaken identity"

We said it was fine.. never heard from him again.

(If you're reading this- text me! )

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

His sisters taxi failed to pick her up from airport so he had too!! Was our first meet too.

By *carlet SeductionWoman 24 weeks ago

Maidstone

"Overslept ... for 2 days apparently "

Oh I had one that slept for like 24 hours. I wish I got that much sleep

By *ingpot!Man 24 weeks ago

West Cork

"Overslept ... for 2 days apparently

Oh I had one that slept for like 24 hours. I wish I got that much sleep"

Drugs'll do that to ya

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 24 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

Reminded me he’d mentioned having toothache, then claimed the tooth infection had gone to his brain and he’d been in a coma for the past fortnight,

By *ickie76XXXMan 24 weeks ago

dartford

Apparently her mum had a really bad knee!!! Honestly you couldn’t make it up. Arranged to try and meet the following week like an idiot. No show again and she said her mums knee had been playing up again!!!

I mean come on is was a poor excuse to use once but to use it twice is mind boggling. Still doesn’t stop you feeling like an idiot though as letting people down is inexcusable.

By *ingerTwistWoman 24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Sadly not mine, but a friend was stood up. Reason the cat unplugged the router and he didn't notice for 2 days so couldn't text.

Aye. OK.

By *istr3ssWoman 24 weeks ago

Stockton-on-Tees

One guy claimed he'd got stuck in traffic. So, I gave him a second chance. We organised a date & time, he was a no show. He eventually got back, explaining he'd gone on holiday.

He didn't get a third chance

By *rozac_fairyCouple 24 weeks ago

Tamworth

Told by a couple of here that they didn't meet us because the lady died in a horrific car crash on route. This was like a week or after we should have met.

They then went on to keep getting veried as a couple at clubs, still are doing and occasionally pop up in our messages, talking as if we've never spoken before.

By *issmorganWoman 24 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Was due to meet a single guy for a social.

Day before he tells me he can't make it, as he has to have his child now.

That would have been fair enough had he not displayed a new graphic veri, the day after we should have met

By *onkoMan 24 weeks ago

here and there

I'm polishing my bald spot

By *red333Man 24 weeks ago

Dorchester

Sorry can't find my lippy

By *ophieslutTV/TS 24 weeks ago

Central

"Told by a couple of here that they didn't meet us because the lady died in a horrific car crash on route. This was like a week or after we should have met.

They then went on to keep getting veried as a couple at clubs, still are doing and occasionally pop up in our messages, talking as if we've never spoken before. "

Perhaps similar to the Brazilian woman who took her dead husband to the bank this week. The staff thought he was a little pale but didn't leave any veris

Dorchester

My key got stuck in my front door couldn't get it off the key ring which was around my neck

By *etKatproject88Woman 24 weeks ago

Bristol

"Told by a couple of here that they didn't meet us because the lady died in a horrific car crash on route. This was like a week or after we should have met.

They then went on to keep getting veried as a couple at clubs, still are doing and occasionally pop up in our messages, talking as if we've never spoken before. "

And these are the type of posts why we need a lmfao emoji reactions for the forums.

By *odgerMooreMan 24 weeks ago

Carlisle

One no show was that she bottled it and lost my number so couldnt text…. Veri later that day with another cpl. Another I was left standing waiting at the arranged place… she changed her mind but didn’t think id turn up so didn’t bother telling me.

By *he turned me GreyCouple 24 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Sorry I've got corona, likely story......

Mr

By *onnie 90Woman 24 weeks ago

Leeds

Perhaps there's a niche for swinging zombies or playing with the undead. There's nothing as strange as folk.

By *eronicaExplorerWoman 24 weeks ago

London

Lucky people you all, at least you got an excuse. Me just silencee

Some time later he unblocked me to tell he didn't want to let me down because he was 15 years older than his photos.

By *inkyandthebrain2023Couple 24 weeks ago

Cheshire

We gave a single male a chance after a few weeks of messages. Arranged to meet at a club, he ditched us last minute as he forgot he had a hepatitis jab at 9pm. He was going to Africa the next day.

By *endalshaggersCouple 24 weeks ago

Kendal

Some absolutely fantastic excuses, need to get the popcorn out

Coventry

"Overslept ... for 2 days apparently

Oh I had one that slept for like 24 hours. I wish I got that much sleep

Drugs'll do that to ya "

need some of those!!! maybe

Coventry

"Was due to meet a single guy for a social.

Day before he tells me he can't make it, as he has to have his child now.

That would have been fair enough had he not displayed a new graphic veri, the day after we should have met "

haha yea the give away veri

got a message 40 minutes before we were due to meet that his sister was having a major melt down - her husband had died a week ago and needed him

veri the next day from a meet at the local club - seems his 'sister' probably needed an evening in a hot tub

I haven’t had one

That's a disgusting "excuse".

By *irthandgirthMan 24 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

She messaged to tell me she had actually died 3 weeks previously and her account had been hacked by her ex "to keep her memory alive"

By *ackdaw52Man 24 weeks ago

Chesterfield

Text didn't send.

Car broke down.

'Didn't think you were still interested.'

I've heard them all. I'd say about 70% of all my fab meets have stood me up.

Coventry

"She messaged to tell me she had actually died 3 weeks previously and her account had been hacked by her ex "to keep her memory alive" "

so laughing at this - does that join the 'ghost' club

Dorchester

"Sorry I've got corona, likely story......

Mr "

did it have lime?

By *he turned me GreyCouple 24 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Sorry I've got corona, likely story......

Mr did it have lime? "

Don't know it was a no show

Mr

By *cunnylassCouple 24 weeks ago

Exeter

We had a message from a single guy shortly before we were due to meet claiming that he had been to a wake and was too pissed to turn up!

Another guy told us the roads were too icy and he was afraid he would fall off his bike.

Had a guy cancel on me last minute telling me his best mate had died, then messaged me off a brand new profile 2 days later as if we’d never chatted before!

If he hadn’t used exactly the same photos as his old profile I might’ve fallen for it…

By *B904280Man 24 weeks ago

Accrington

I had one who said she'd forgotten the clocks had changed overnight.....until i pointed out they had gone back so if she really was intending to meet she would have still been an hour early

Coventry

"I had one who said she'd forgotten the clocks had changed overnight.....until i pointed out they had gone back so if she really was intending to meet she would have still been an hour early "

this made me snort my coffee

By *eronicaExplorerWoman 24 weeks ago

London

"She messaged to tell me she had actually died 3 weeks previously and her account had been hacked by her ex "to keep her memory alive" "

Did she message you or her ghost?

Hilarious

By *inkyandthebrain2023Couple 24 weeks ago

Cheshire

Talking of excuses does anybody remember the tunnel scence from the blues brothers movie. Some classic exuses there.

By *KentMan 24 weeks ago

Canterbury

Some cracking excuses here, I feel bad that I don’t have any to add to the collection!

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 24 weeks ago

Southampton

One guy didn't bother to turn up for a meet, his excuse was he didn't want to use condoms.... he then tried to persuade me to give him a third ( yes I know! ) chance and threw his dummy out of the pram and said if he had turned up he would have deliberately ripped the condom! What a charmer lucky escape for me

By *dc1Man 24 weeks ago

essex and all over the south

I missed a meet one day as i got knocked off my motorbike in the morning. She didnt believe me but said sorry 3 days latter when her sister who was an a&e nurse said they had a man brought in that morning lucky to be alive. We had a meet 2 days after that and i arrived with leg in plaster. And i got a sorry blow job. She signed my plaster cast as well. Her sister was nice as well. Lol

By *atnip make me purrWoman 24 weeks ago

Reading

I had a guy telling me he just didn't feel like it . Honest i guess but still instablock

Had one the other week, drove 20 miles, looked at fab when I got there to be told they had to cancel because of……emergency gardening

What in the world could happen that constitutes an emergency gardening situation

It was that bad I laughed my arse off

By *oiluvfunMan 24 weeks ago

Penrith

The worst time for me was being ghosted a couple of hours before the meet, after over a week of messaging through here, then seeing her post a veri from another guy the following day.

That sucked

By *obilebottomMan 24 weeks ago

All over

"Had one the other week, drove 20 miles, looked at fab when I got there to be told they had to cancel because of……emergency gardening

What in the world could happen that constitutes an emergency gardening situation

"

Rain was imminent and had hurry up and cut the grass

"Had one the other week, drove 20 miles, looked at fab when I got there to be told they had to cancel because of……emergency gardening

Rain was imminent and had hurry up and cut the grass "

By *sleWightCoupleCouple 24 weeks ago

Ryde

An hour before the guy was supposed to turn up, we got a text from him explaining that - not far from us - he had come off his motorbike when he got blindsided by a car. He was texting from his hospital bed, and wouldn't be able to contact us anymore due to restrictions.

Knowing people in the local medical scene, the wife did some checking, and there no admissions from motorbike accidents that day in hospitals in 30 mile radius. Nor was it reported on the local news, and around our way, a cat farting gets a mention from the local journos.

It's an elaborate way of saying that they just wanted to wank off over correspondence...

By *sleWightCoupleCouple 24 weeks ago

Ryde

"Talking of excuses does anybody remember the tunnel scence from the blues brothers movie. Some classic exuses there. "

"I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!"

Belushi probably tried the same stuff when his wife found out he was screwing Carrie Fisher at the time...

[Removed by poster at 18/04/24 14:58:29]

I’ve not had a no show. Thankfully.

But I have had the ‘changed their mind’, which is okay, I get it… and also don’t, because just tell me before you agree to meeting that your not 100 percent sure, because then I won’t be 100 percent convinced you’ll show up and I won’t arrange anything

I’ve also had the radio silence. …

And then the excuses afterwards. ‘I fell asleep!’ That was the best the best. But those I know never to leave me my house.

So I’m lucky, I’ve never been stood up yet.

"Text didn't send.

Car broke down.

I've heard them all. I'd say about 70% of all my fab meets have stood me up."

I've not seen your face, but from what I CAN see, I'd not leave you hanging. Witty profile too.x

By *heSilverFox1701Man 24 weeks ago

Near Sleaford

Oh I’ve had a couple - one was a simple no show and no contact after quite a while chatting on here, the second was I had to cancel last minute after having several meets already with this lady, I did apologise for a genuine reason and was told “well I won’t meet you again as you can’t devote your time, which is the greatest gift you can give someone, to me…” I was a bit - what?

"I missed a meet one day as i got knocked off my motorbike in the morning. She didnt believe me but said sorry 3 days latter when her sister who was an a&e nurse said they had a man brought in that morning lucky to be alive. We had a meet 2 days after that and i arrived with leg in plaster. And i got a sorry blow job. She signed my plaster cast as well. Her sister was nice as well. Lol"

Ouch!!

Hope you're OK now

By *heSilverFox1701Man 24 weeks ago

Near Sleaford

Fantastic

By *uzie69xTV/TS 24 weeks ago

Maidstone

The car broke down / flat battery / tyre is most predictable lie.

I also get lots of "the daughter has changed her plans", or most honestly, the wife / gf has changed her plans.

By *unchalMan 24 weeks ago

Dartford

"She messaged to tell me she had actually died 3 weeks previously and her account had been hacked by her ex "to keep her memory alive"

Fantastic"

Please tell me that this is true. I’ve often thought of using this excuse to avoid work and other things I don’t want to do. Of it’s a once in a death use card.

By *unchalMan 24 weeks ago

Dartford

"Text didn't send.

Car broke down.

I've heard them all. I'd say about 70% of all my fab meets have stood me up.

I've not seen your face, but from what I CAN see, I'd not leave you hanging. Witty profile too.x"

Across this site and other places that I use, I imagine that I am running at about the same. Maybe even higher. I am developing a sense that the monosyllabic no picture anon contacts are usually so anxious that they will never meet in a million years.

By *umalotagainMan 24 weeks ago

a town called malice

Talks for a few weeks and finally found a time we could both make and agreed where, drove 25mins to get there sat in coffee shop had one drink, then a second, then checked messages tried to send a message but couldn’t as had been blocked. No reason no excuse just blocked

By *ood You KindlyMan 24 weeks ago

Glasgow

On the other side of the fence, I had a fwb on here and we agreed to meet a couple socially. I turned up but she didn’t. She messaged me to say she was at an emergency appointment which was genuinely true but the couple thought she was fake and so we never heard from them again.

By *ood You KindlyMan 24 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Talks for a few weeks and finally found a time we could both make and agreed where, drove 25mins to get there sat in coffee shop had one drink, then a second, then checked messages tried to send a message but couldn’t as had been blocked. No reason no excuse just blocked "

Reminds me of the time I drove 30 minutes to the address I’d been given from a well verified profile. Got there, messaged to say I had arrived and they immediately blocked me.

By *abriellajackCouple 24 weeks ago

Newport

"Sadly not mine, but a friend was stood up. Reason the cat unplugged the router and he didn't notice for 2 days so couldn't text.

Aye. OK. "

This is my favourite

By *ust RachelTV/TS 24 weeks ago

Horsham

Mine wasn't an excuse, but he didn't believe me. I got called into work, to carry out an accident investigation for a client.

It sounds totally believable to me

By *dc1Man 24 weeks ago

essex and all over the south

"I missed a meet one day as i got knocked off my motorbike in the morning. She didnt believe me but said sorry 3 days latter when her sister who was an a&e nurse said they had a man brought in that morning lucky to be alive. We had a meet 2 days after that and i arrived with leg in plaster. And i got a sorry blow job. She signed my plaster cast as well. Her sister was nice as well. Lol

Ouch!!

Hope you're OK now "

All ok now thankyou. It was almost 4 years ago now. And im back on a motorbike. Lol

By *umalotagainMan 23 weeks ago

a town called malice

I was on my way and the car went into limp mode so I had to turn around ( adds picture of car in limp mode which could have been taken any time )

Mmmmmm yeah sure no worries

By *ildo_swagginsthe3rdWoman 23 weeks ago

Wales

"Arranged to meet, drove half an hour, waited for a message once there which I never received, got one back three hours later apologising, but she had to pick her partners brother up from prison because his own brother had let him down at the last minute,she was worried sick and totally forgot to message me back in her rush to get there!

Fuck off pinochio lol"

Wales

I was meeting someone new yesterday, was a little late and no Internet connection to message him.

Thankfully he waited we had a lovely time, but things like that do happen...

Wales

"Reminded me he’d mentioned having toothache, then claimed the tooth infection had gone to his brain and he’d been in a coma for the past fortnight, "

No! I mean, it's not funny if it actually happened but...

By *weet LisaTV/TS 23 weeks ago

Crawley

Had one a few weeks ago, this was after a last minute cancellation the week before.

Five minutes before time I got a message "Sorry on the phone to the wife."

I wasn't a verified member at the time, if I was I would have gone and taken a big shit on his profile. (blush)

By *mmaleiaWoman 23 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

These are great, I just get ‘was called into a work emergency’, I must up my game of being fobbed off

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 23 weeks ago

Bradford

Sorry can't meet you I'm been held captive by bad people .

Send 10,thousands pounds and they release me.

By *eductivepiercingsWoman 23 weeks ago

louth

1 month on here

No shows at coffee dates x6 silence, food poisoning, hair appointments

Turn up to hotel no such couple here. Knew receptionist.

7 couples bailed out of meets within 24hrs of it. Babysitters, family issues, car issues.

1 couple the had a verification from a couple same night I was supposed to meet them. Rain check my ass.

My area is a total dessert more luck in your local Aldi

By (user no longer on site) 23 weeks ago

Ghosting is the worse..no problem I would not want another meet.

Plenty out of 30k users here ghost

By *rBobbMan 23 weeks ago

Birmingham

Sorry I didn't message earlier. I couldn't stop sneezing.

Then she blocked me.

By (user no longer on site) 23 weeks ago

Had to add on to this again

Had a meet arranged today, got a message first thing saying they had ti cancel due to a work thing

Ok I thought, just seen they had a meet today with someone else

I mean what’s the point just be honest can’t stand liars

By *ed MartinMan 23 weeks ago

Shefford

"1 month on here

No shows at coffee dates x6 silence, food poisoning, hair appointments

Turn up to hotel no such couple here. Knew receptionist.

7 couples bailed out of meets within 24hrs of it. Babysitters, family issues, car issues.

1 couple the had a verification from a couple same night I was supposed to meet them. Rain check my ass.

My area is a total dessert more luck in your local Aldi "

You’re not doing too bad- you’ve had more failed meets in a month than I’ve had good or bad meets in over 2 years! If Louth is a desert, I must be on the dark side of the moon!

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 23 weeks ago

District 13

Dog ate the car

By *elloWoman 23 weeks ago

alpha centauri

Not had a no show but I rarely arrange 1 on 1 meets.

However I did have to do a no-show on a club social meet that I had put my name down on because my female friend who was going to be driving us called me to say her step dad had died that afternoon and didn't feel up to it.

Sometimes people do have things happen which prevents them for meeting but I don't understand why people lie, just honestly say you're not going to meet as you've changed your mind way before the arranged time. That gives the person time to make alternative plans, it takes planning to get childcare and it's a shame to waste and opportunity.

By *uri00620Woman 23 weeks ago

Croydon

"His car broke down. Allegedly.

He didn't message to tell me this until 15 minutes after we were supposed to have met.

Ah well.

The prison story is so weird it could well be true"

I did have this. I called the guy I was meeting and he came and fixed it

By *herrybakewellCouple 23 weeks ago

Staffordshire

The worst excuse is no excuse.

There's nothing worse than those fuckers on here who haven't the balls to actually meet.

By *eductivepiercingsWoman 23 weeks ago

louth

"The worst excuse is no excuse.

There's nothing worse than those fuckers on here who haven't the balls to actually meet.

"

I'd vote for you

By *aughtynottsCouple 23 weeks ago

Outside Nottingham

At least there was an excuse. One guy said I'm on the train once followed by nearly at your station then just didn't turn up

By *ealMissShadyWoman 23 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

'He was leaving the house to meet me and his elderly neighbour asked for help in moving his furniture about' ....allegedly

'He was taking his mate home in a taxi before coming to meet me, his mate fell out of the door, hit his head and had a seizure'....apparently

'He was getting ready to meet me (going to a club) and someone else asked him to go with them so he's meeting them'(was literally ready about to leave when he messaged)

Ironic thing is, they didn't show up and he was messaged me an hour later asking me to go with him... it wasn't a pretty reply, it involved the words 'off' and 'fuck'

By *lderflowerappleWoman 23 weeks ago

Basingstoke

An ex and I were waiting for a single guy to arrive. 30 minutes after the agreed arrival time we got a message saying he couldn't make it because his daughter's hamster had died.

By *lowupdollTV/TS 23 weeks ago

Herts

I’ve had ghosting (should’ve known, he hid his profile day of the meet spineless little twerp), I’ve had ‘sorry I can’t..I’m straight’ - so why TF ask to meet then?).

Seriously getting bored of men.

By *lowupdollTV/TS 23 weeks ago

Herts

"I’ve had ghosting (should’ve known, he hid his profile day of the meet spineless little twerp), I’ve had ‘sorry I can’t..I’m straight’ - so why TF ask to meet then?).

Seriously getting bored of men. "

And that’s just since I’ve been back on fab

By *eturn of curiouscpleCouple 23 weeks ago

Guildford

Most of the reasons are not even thought through enough to be slightly convincing.

By *red333Man 23 weeks ago

Dorchester

I forgot to switch the computer off

» Add a new message to this topic