FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Giving up

Giving up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adyBugs OP   Woman 24 weeks ago

cognito

So we all have to do it at some point in life be it a relationship that isn’t going anywhere or a job that’s causing too much stress or a friendship that has outlived its life.

Do you give up easily?

Do you let things go quickly?

Or do you hang on crushing your soul more each day?

Or do you blow up at the person involved before walking away?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amierebelMan 24 weeks ago

nae danger.

"So we all have to do it at some point in life be it a relationship that isn’t going anywhere or a job that’s causing too much stress or a friendship that has outlived its life.

Do you give up easily?

Do you let things go quickly?

Or do you hang on crushing your soul more each day?

Or do you blow up at the person involved before walking away? "

I'm the 3rd one hang on and let it crush my soul as I go through more and more days depressed like a sim, thankfully I'm happy as fuck these days though

By *uenevereWoman 24 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

If I'm no longer happy in a relationship I will bring it to an end. In the case of work, I'll find another one.

I understand that change can be scary but it's a lot better than beung miserable.

By *J the bullMan 24 weeks ago

Washington

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 18:33:24]

By *eliWoman 24 weeks ago

Job? Easily. I walked out on the second day of one particular job because I didn't care for the patronising tone of someone.

People? No. Relationships? No. I dislike giving up on people because I don't think people are inherently bad and I hate hurting people. I'd much rather have my soul crushed by each new little revelation than hurt another; I have the resilience to cope with a remarkable amount of utter BS.

It gets to a certain point though. And I realise it's no longer bringing me any happiness and it can't bring the other any. So rather than carry on that masquerade of obligation and putting a brave face on, I choose to let things go and know I've tried. That's only happened a handful of times though. The last time it was so truly poorly received I don't think it's something I want to entertain again for a bit.

By *mmaleiaWoman 24 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

No, I’m pretty brutal, give up anything that doesn’t make me happy, draw a line under it!

Wish I could do this with the sausage rolls at the deli shop, my life would be so much simpler & my jeans would fit betterererer

By *dam1971Man 24 weeks ago

Bedford

I don’t give up easily, I need to keep working on that because sometimes it does me a lot of harm.

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

There's was a time I'd cling onto something because I wanted it so much.

These days, the only thing in my life I care about is my kids, anything/anyone else is disposable. If you don't let them in, they can't hurt you.

By *eliWoman 24 weeks ago

"There's was a time I'd cling onto something because I wanted it so much.

These days, the only thing in my life I care about is my kids, anything/anyone else is disposable. If you don't let them in, they can't hurt you.

"

And yet if you don't let them in you can't really experience things fully can you? Taking that risk can potentially hurt but it can also be more than worth it.

By *eroLondonMan 24 weeks ago

Mayfair

I seem to cling onto endless hope coupled with gnawing apathy when faced with such situations, hence why I don't give up so easily.

And so, yes, my soul ends up crushing upon itself because I'm not doing anything about it...until finally I come to my senses and actually do something about it, a reaction brought on by either something or someone or the stark realisation of the consequences.

Was talking to a fab person earlier about this! I’m rubbish at telling people when it’s not working. So I’ll give up inside my own mind but not have the heart to tell the person it’s not working and not what I want. I don’t like letting people down and I’m a people pleaser to a fault…

By *hrek101Man 24 weeks ago

Herts

No not any more. Life is too short. Like DeNiro days in the film Heat, "A guy told me one time, Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat"

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman 24 weeks ago

Essex

I’m terrible at quitting

Jobs (except my last one - which was an absolute cleared my desk and blazed out in glorious fury)

People - I keep seeing the best in them. I’m a fixer. Some people can’t be fixed. Some don’t want to be.

Habits - hey if they weren’t fun, why did they become habits in the first place.

Fab - I keep saying I’ll leave when it stops being fun. I do wonder if I will though.

I really need to lose my stubborn streak.

"There's was a time I'd cling onto something because I wanted it so much.

And yet if you don't let them in you can't really experience things fully can you? Taking that risk can potentially hurt but it can also be more than worth it."

Been there, tried it. I'm happy to live without now.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 24 weeks ago

Leeds

If it fucks me off it gets fucked off.

The mr

I'm definitely a involuntary soul crush kinda gyal ':D

By *emorefridaCouple 24 weeks ago

La la land

I'm terrible at giving up on something. I want to fix things and make it right more than anything. Plus I dislike confrontation with people.

But I have been known to say enough is enough, and explain why I can't continue the way it is. I generally give people a chance to resolve the issue. If that doesn't change anything then I know I've done my best.

By *ony MannMan 24 weeks ago

Wallop

Give up sounds like you are trying to hold on against someone's will.

Let them go, if they come back they want to, if you try to hold on, then run further.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 24 weeks ago

your head

Depends on what/who etc

People, I have a limit like most, when I'm done, I'm done. I will walk away and not look back.

Jobs, I have to be realistic. I'd love to leave my current one tomorrow but I won't leave myself without another job to move on to so I'll stick it out until I have something else.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 24 weeks ago

Reading

I dislike banging my head against a brick wall.

By *cotsguyyMan 24 weeks ago

Belfast

I live by the three strikes rule.

By *adyBugs OP   Woman 24 weeks ago

cognito

"I seem to cling onto endless hope coupled with gnawing apathy when faced with such situations, hence why I don't give up so easily.

And so, yes, my soul ends up crushing upon itself because I'm not doing anything about it...until finally I come to my senses and actually do something about it, a reaction brought on by either something or someone or the stark realisation of the consequences."

It’s hard isn’t dear Nerolicious, to feel things so deeply

» Add a new message to this topic