FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Choose a job you love and…

Choose a job you love and…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Gentleman OP   Man 24 weeks ago

Worcestershire

you will never have to work a day in your life, as Confucius (c.?551 – c.?479 BCE) wrote.

Does this still apply in today’s modern world?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entleman JayMan 24 weeks ago

Wakefield

Yes, I’ve been lucky enough to be doing it all my working life.

By *2000ManMan 24 weeks ago

Worthing

I started I.T. as a hobby and it's been my career ever since. Can be tough at times but never gets dull.

By *iss.Bella.Woman 24 weeks ago

North Wales

I switched careers before during lockdown and never looked back. Take the leap, you can't put a price on your well being and general happiness

By *iss.Bella.Woman 24 weeks ago

North Wales

"I switched careers before during lockdown and never looked back. Take the leap, you can't put a price on your well being and general happiness "

*During lockdown not sure why I put before

By *arla SwingerWoman 24 weeks ago

Somewhere

It can if you're very lucky. Or get the opportunity to retrain, whilst being able to afford it? I think the reality is most folk can't do that though as bills dictate we don't have that luxury?

By *inxy777Woman 24 weeks ago

essex

Yep, I have been lucky doing it all my working life. X

By *icecouple561Couple 24 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's never applied to most people and it's patronising to those who work at jobs they don't really like to pay the bills.

The best the vast majority of us can hope for is a job we quite like on good days and can cope with on bad days

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also I doubt many people in Confucius ' time we're choosing jobs.

Worcestershire

"I switched careers before during lockdown and never looked back. Take the leap, you can't put a price on your well being and general happiness

*During lockdown not sure why I put before "

That period of time certainly woke a lot of people up, many whom made significant life changes thereafter!

Worcestershire

"Also I doubt many people in Confucius ' time we're choosing jobs. "

A very good point to state!

Somewhere

It's weird though! I'm still doing a job I've done for years, and always loved more than hated. But I've moved into a different area (although still the same). I did it for my own development benefit, and sucked it up on it costing more travel wise... However, we have had a healthy pay rise since, and now bizarrely I feel much unhappier?... I guess it's like imposter syndrome now? Someone who knows it better than me in that specific area, would probably have taken the job if we'd known about the increase... I'm not enjoying that at all

Worcestershire

"Yep, I have been lucky doing it all my working life. X"

Always a pleasure to hear someone say this!

By *inxy777Woman 24 weeks ago

essex

"Yep, I have been lucky doing it all my working life. X

Always a pleasure to hear someone say this! "

Yes I think I’m very lucky x

Worcestershire

"It's weird though! I'm still doing a job I've done for years, and always loved more than hated. But I've moved into a different area (although still the same). I did it for my own development benefit, and sucked it up on it costing more travel wise... However, we have had a healthy pay rise since, and now bizarrely I feel much unhappier?... I guess it's like imposter syndrome now? Someone who knows it better than me in that specific area, would probably have taken the job if we'd known about the increase... I'm not enjoying that at all "

But you’ll approaching with a different set of views?

Worcestershire

"I started I.T. as a hobby and it's been my career ever since. Can be tough at times but never gets dull."

Makes a massive difference!

Worcestershire

I salute you

By *atnip make me purrWoman 24 weeks ago

Reading

I am so jealous of people who love their job. I always wonder if its the job or the kind of person they are.

Somewhere

"It's weird though! I'm still doing a job I've done for years, and always loved more than hated. But I've moved into a different area (although still the same). I did it for my own development benefit, and sucked it up on it costing more travel wise... However, we have had a healthy pay rise since, and now bizarrely I feel much unhappier?... I guess it's like imposter syndrome now? Someone who knows it better than me in that specific area, would probably have taken the job if we'd known about the increase... I'm not enjoying that at all

But you’ll approaching with a different set of views? "

Well, only with my own views? Difficult to explain really. It's a step up role, but one that I'd been doing in a different location to cover for six months prior. I know the 'job', I just have zero knowledge of a different areas services (if that makes sense). So, now it feels like a lot more money, for much lesser contribution on my part. I'm sure it'll resolve itself a few months in though. Hopefully

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I am so jealous of people who love their job. I always wonder if its the job or the kind of person they are. "

I think it's a combination. I knew a guy who worked in retail who absolutely loved it. So much so that he would go in on his days off on some pretext of other. He had previously been quite isolated and found companionship and purpose in his work. I think if asked he'd be hard put to distinguish the 'work' from the job of you see what I mean

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 24 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

No, do a job you love and you learn to hate it.

Somewhere

"I am so jealous of people who love their job. I always wonder if its the job or the kind of person they are.

I think it's a combination. I knew a guy who worked in retail who absolutely loved it. So much so that he would go in on his days off on some pretext of other. He had previously been quite isolated and found companionship and purpose in his work. I think if asked he'd be hard put to distinguish the 'work' from the job of you see what I mean"

I know of a charity shop volunteer like that. They literally had nothing else, so their 'job', fulfilled them

» Add a new message to this topic