FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Horse racing ban it or not

Horse racing ban it or not

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *neManOneLife OP   Man 25 weeks ago

Manchester

So many people have different views with horse racing, do you think they should abandon it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan 25 weeks ago

Up North

No

By *ot to giggleWoman 25 weeks ago

Coventry

no

By *andyfloss2000Woman 25 weeks ago

ashford

Absolutely 100% ! Fingers crossed no deaths or injury this year! Keep getting those betting ads coming up on my f book profile! No matter how many times I click the I don't want to see these ads! X

By *ravelling_WilburyMan 25 weeks ago

Beverley

No, there is a big grey area in the middle of keeping it as it is and banning it.

By *ifeforelivingMan 25 weeks ago

teesside

Jesus why ban something that brings millions of pounds in to the country and employs a shed load of people.

By *enk15Man 25 weeks ago

Bidford On Avon

Yes

By *ean counterMan 25 weeks ago

Kettering

Why? If they race a few horses might die each year, if they ban it all the race horses will die as they are no good for anything else ! Trust me, they don't make good pets

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

Ban all forms of gambling.

By *ts the taking part thatMan 25 weeks ago

southampton

No, only the wokers want it banned. They suck the joy out of life.

Oh they retire and fox hunt

Kettering

"Oh they retire and fox hunt"

That's already banned even though it's not really

southampton

"Ban all forms of gambling."

Gambling is poison but like wombles if not overground it would be underground although we should tax bookies etc much more.

ashford

"Why? If they race a few horses might die each year, if they ban it all the race horses will die as they are no good for anything else ! Trust me, they don't make good pets"

Pretty blazae attitude to horses dieing? And yes they would cease to exist but there will b plenty happy to take existing horses whilst they live out their remaining years a friend of mine has an ex race horse amongst her herd living his best life ! X

southampton

"Oh they retire and fox hunt

That's already banned even though it's not really "

They've banned retiring? What next...

southampton

"Why? If they race a few horses might die each year, if they ban it all the race horses will die as they are no good for anything else ! Trust me, they don't make good pets"

They make great Glue though.

ashford

"No, only the wokers want it banned. They suck the joy out of life. "

Or maybe just care about other life? Can't see what joy apart from man's greed from horse racing my self! But hey ho that's me !

By *ed MartinMan 25 weeks ago

Shefford

Reform it, sure- but there are far more important things I’d rather see dealt with first, rather than wasting legislative time on a comparatively inconsequential issue.

A lot of the momentum for a ban isn’t coming from an animal welfare focus, for some people it’s seen as a way of sticking it to the upper classes when the reality is that they wouldn’t really notice anything, they’d just take their money elsewhere. The only people who’d suffer after a ban are the working class people whose livelihoods depend on the businesses that support racing.

Kettering

"Why? If they race a few horses might die each year, if they ban it all the race horses will die as they are no good for anything else ! Trust me, they don't make good pets

They make great Glue though. "

Yes, they used to make that near me. What a stink that was !!

By *ot to giggleWoman 25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Why? If they race a few horses might die each year, if they ban it all the race horses will die as they are no good for anything else ! Trust me, they don't make good pets

Pretty blazae attitude to horses dieing? And yes they would cease to exist but there will b plenty happy to take existing horses whilst they live out their remaining years a friend of mine has an ex race horse amongst her herd living his best life ! X"

the resale market for ex racehorse's is quite poor. Often people who have no idea get an 'off the track ' high end athlete and have no idea how to handle this animal that has had the best of everything its whole life.

Kettering

Pretty blazae attitude to horses dieing? And yes they would cease to exist but there will b plenty happy to take existing horses whilst they live out their remaining years a friend of mine has an ex race horse amongst her herd living his best life ! X"

They are bloody psychos !Trust me, I used to work with them !!

ashford

Pretty blazae attitude to horses dieing? And yes they would cease to exist but there will b plenty happy to take existing horses whilst they live out their remaining years a friend of mine has an ex race horse amongst her herd living his best life ! X

They are bloody psychos !Trust me, I used to work with them !! "

Yes he can be fiesty! And needs alot of work! But better than the alternative! X

Kettering

They are bloody psychos !Trust me, I used to work with them !!

Yes he can be fiesty! And needs alot of work! But better than the alternative! X"

Yeah ok, I should have qualified my statement. They are not the kind of horse you could take out for a Sunday morning trott down country lanes !

By *ophieslutTV/TS 25 weeks ago

Central

I think we'd be better off without it, especially connected to gambling

By *ikynminnyCouple 25 weeks ago

south shields

If they banned horse racing then they should have to ban any other sport where animals or people have been injured we have horses and minny is an ex Arab race jockey and those people love their horses and take great care to make sure the horses are as safe as humanly possible x

ashford

"If they banned horse racing then they should have to ban any other sport where animals or people have been injured we have horses and minny is an ex Arab race jockey and those people love their horses and take great care to make sure the horses are as safe as humanly possible x"

Yes ban so called sports where animals get injured/killed! People not bothered about they choose to partake!

By *illy IdolMan 25 weeks ago

Midlands

I enjoy a day out at the races so it would be a shame if they banned it

By *midnight-Woman 25 weeks ago

Yes

By *or-QueeningMan 25 weeks ago

Manchester

"If they banned horse racing then they should have to ban any other sport where animals or people have been injured we have horses and minny is an ex Arab race jockey and those people love their horses and take great care to make sure the horses are as safe as humanly possible x"

Until they get injured in a race, a curtain is put around them and then they are killed - all so people can place bets.

I've been in favour of a ban for years.

By *ocktoplaywithMan 25 weeks ago

Derby

I don’t think they should ban it, definitely not, but if a course is so difficult that x number of animals are injured so badly they have to be destroyed, then surely that course needs toning down.

I gather one or more horses have already suffered that fate at aintree this week. Bear in mind there is quite a time lapse between the fall and the vet arriving to do the deed, during which time the poor horse is suffering.

By *ensible lady 1960Woman 25 weeks ago

Near Bishop Auckland.

Let the jockeys carry the horses round the track

By *enrythe8thMan 25 weeks ago

worthing

Jesus get a grip...

What’s next greyhound racing..

Idiots blaming cows sheep pigs for farting and causing global warming..

But it’s ok to kill millions of sharks/fish every day...

There bred to be race horses..

The uk is so full of muppets

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 25 weeks ago

manchester

Eat them instead

By *intiemintieWoman 25 weeks ago

Scottish Borders

Love horseracing and all things equestrian/country. Racing welfare standards and thoroughbred rehoming networks in UK are the best in the world. Most folk have never set foot in a racing yard or ridden/owned a horse, so have no idea how much care, time and attention is involved. Free open days at yards are one way for folk to see for themselves, talk to the staff and gain a better understanding of racing/racehorse welfare. xx

Horses are well cared for....any tips for grand national?

By *intiemintieWoman 25 weeks ago

Scottish Borders

Late Night Pass, each way, at 40/1.

"Late Night Pass, each way, at 40/1. "

Thank you i'll stick a tenner on

Sure, it would probably stop the horses getting a shotgun blast to the face for having a minor illness.

However, watching the innocent suffer is one of humanities favourite pasttimes so it probably won't happen.

In an ideal world, we'd replace horse racing with gladiator pits for criminals.

» Add a new message to this topic