FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > RSPCA Respect Video

RSPCA Respect Video

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 25 weeks ago

Chelmsford

https://youtu.be/F6Va1u5OMqY?si=8DPPZ7wTpp6rP_Ro

Tom respects all animals that respect him.

Yes, he has an aversion to sharks, crocodiles and poisonous snakes but if they stay in their own back yard then fine. Tom will respect them at a distance.

The new RSPCA video, link above, is causing a stir amongst some farmers. Is the RSPCA going woke? What's going on here guys? It's all over the news....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

Ooooh Tom this is quite controversial! Many things is agreed with and many I really don't ! In particular how they rspca are portraying farming ! It's not all like this and I think they are doing farmers a massive fucking disservice! Any animal cruelty is abhorrent I agree. But the RSPCA are one step away from joining the animal murderers that is Peta! Terrible terrible advert for so many reasons !

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Very catchy and the message of respect for all animals is not something I would see anyone disagreeing with.

I did notice an image used in it was misplaced, probably why they used an animation to depict it because they wouldn’t be able to find it any more, banned in this country 15 years ago.

[Removed by poster at 12/04/24 11:25:29]

"Very catchy and the message of respect for all animals is not something I would see anyone disagreeing with.

I did notice an image used in it was misplaced, probably why they used an animation to depict it because they wouldn’t be able to find it any more, banned in this country 15 years ago. "

The Sow ?

Seriously I totally appreciate they message they are trying to convey but they can't even get their facts right. Just more fuel for the anti farming brigade !

By *atnip make me purrWoman 25 weeks ago

Reading

Add hippos to your list Tom. They are dangerous buggers.

By *uncouple153Couple 25 weeks ago

Abergavenny

Support our Farmers. No Farmers No Food!

By *elvet RopeMan 25 weeks ago

by the big field

Tom, how many times do we need to tell you- Don’t eat the snakes and you’ll be fine

By *wistntwirlCouple 25 weeks ago

Middle Land

"Ooooh Tom this is quite controversial! Many things is agreed with and many I really don't ! In particular how they rspca are portraying farming ! It's not all like this and I think they are doing farmers a massive fucking disservice! Any animal cruelty is abhorrent I agree. But the RSPCA are one step away from joining the animal murderers that is Peta! Terrible terrible advert for so many reasons ! "

"So many reasons"... like what?

BRIDPORT

"Very catchy and the message of respect for all animals is not something I would see anyone disagreeing with.

I did notice an image used in it was misplaced, probably why they used an animation to depict it because they wouldn’t be able to find it any more, banned in this country 15 years ago.

The Sow ?

Seriously I totally appreciate they message they are trying to convey but they can't even get their facts right. Just more fuel for the anti farming brigade ! "

You spotted that aswell.

By *emorefridaCouple 25 weeks ago

La la land

I can see what they were trying portray. But they've gone about it wrongly, yes I disagree with puppy farms and caged hens etc. And yes there are different better ways of doing things. But not being factually correct just causes arguments and the actual message they wanted to give out, is lost.

"Ooooh Tom this is quite controversial! Many things is agreed with and many I really don't ! In particular how they rspca are portraying farming ! It's not all like this and I think they are doing farmers a massive fucking disservice! Any animal cruelty is abhorrent I agree. But the RSPCA are one step away from joining the animal murderers that is Peta! Terrible terrible advert for so many reasons !

"So many reasons"... like what?"

Getting their facts wrong for a start. A very unfair portrayal of farming in general. The domestic animal stuff is appallingly accurate unfortunately. This is also the charity that thinks it's a great idea to release urban foxes into the countryside. That's creatures have no idea how to hunt having always lived out of bins etc. The amount who starve to death or who venture onto farmland and get shot anyway.

Middle Land

"Ooooh Tom this is quite controversial! Many things is agreed with and many I really don't ! In particular how they rspca are portraying farming ! It's not all like this and I think they are doing farmers a massive fucking disservice! Any animal cruelty is abhorrent I agree. But the RSPCA are one step away from joining the animal murderers that is Peta! Terrible terrible advert for so many reasons !

Getting their facts wrong for a start. A very unfair portrayal of farming in general. The domestic animal stuff is appallingly accurate unfortunately. This is also the charity that thinks it's a great idea to release urban foxes into the countryside. That's creatures have no idea how to hunt having always lived out of bins etc. The amount who starve to death or who venture onto farmland and get shot anyway. "

So one reason then.

Getting their facts wrong for a start. A very unfair portrayal of farming in general. The domestic animal stuff is appallingly accurate unfortunately. This is also the charity that thinks it's a great idea to release urban foxes into the countryside. That's creatures have no idea how to hunt having always lived out of bins etc. The amount who starve to death or who venture onto farmland and get shot anyway.

So one reason then."

Sows aren't kept in cages and haven't been for the last 15 years but if your a misinformed townie with no idea you'd possibly be inclined to think it still happens. This is unfair. Dairy herds do exist but they are happy to miss out the fact that very few factory farms exist in the UK. There are incredibly high welfare standards already in place to protect said cows and that includes beef cattle.

I hate battery farms and totally agree they should be abolished, but the poor old free range hen at the big farms only gets 18 months before it gets the chop or is rescued by really hardworking groups and rehomed.

By *ndycoinsMan 25 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"Support our Farmers. No Farmers No Food!"

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Getting their facts wrong for a start. A very unfair portrayal of farming in general. The domestic animal stuff is appallingly accurate unfortunately. This is also the charity that thinks it's a great idea to release urban foxes into the countryside. That's creatures have no idea how to hunt having always lived out of bins etc. The amount who starve to death or who venture onto farmland and get shot anyway. "

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

So one reason then.

Sows aren't kept in cages and haven't been for the last 15 years but if your a misinformed townie with no idea you'd possibly be inclined to think it still happens. This is unfair. Dairy herds do exist but they are happy to miss out the fact that very few factory farms exist in the UK. There are incredibly high welfare standards already in place to protect said cows and that includes beef cattle.

I hate battery farms and totally agree they should be abolished, but the poor old free range hen at the big farms only gets 18 months before it gets the chop or is rescued by really hardworking groups and rehomed.

"

La la land

Do you have the words I need to look up fox relocation please? Tried looking on their website but couldn't see anything.

By *andyfloss2000Woman 25 weeks ago

ashford

Absolutely love this vid! Spot on! X

Middle Land

So one reason then.

"

They should probably have also added that not everybody starves their dogs. Most people don't shoot foxes. Some people don't eat lobsters etc. etc. etc.

(Mostly for the benefit of the misinformed townies cos in the countryside we know so much more)

So one reason then.

They should probably have also added that not everybody starves their dogs. Most people don't shoot foxes. Some people don't eat lobsters etc. etc. etc.

(Mostly for the benefit of the misinformed townies cos in the countryside we know so much more)"

I think a lot of people who live in rural and farming communities certainly have a better grasp of what's true in regard to farming practices at least.

La la land

So one reason then.

(Mostly for the benefit of the misinformed townies cos in the countryside we know so much more)

I think a lot of people who live in rural and farming communities certainly have a better grasp of what's true in regard to farming practices at least. "

Hope you're ok? Seems odd to leave mid conversation

BRIDPORT

At the end of the day they are using images that they believe will have the most impact on getting people to donate to them, that is what the whole video is, it’s a promotional video, with the image of someone popping some coins into the RSPCA collection tin, seemlessly shoehorned in.

In those terms it’s a very good job.

The inaccuracies of some of the imagery they portray obviously doesn’t bother them and the wider public will not realise they are there and believe the images to be accurate.

The annoying part for me, is that there are enough legitimate things they could have used as imagery without using things that are inaccurate, indeed wilfully misleading.

Getting money in their coffers seems to outweigh any desire for integrity, which is a shame because as a nation I think we are one of the most animal welfare friendly bunch there is, both domestically and commercially.

Chelmsford

"Add hippos to your list Tom. They are dangerous buggers."

Chelmsford

"Tom, how many times do we need to tell you- Don’t eat the snakes and you’ll be fine "

» Add a new message to this topic