FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Caroline Flack Enquiry

Caroline Flack Enquiry

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 25 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that the police are again re investigating the decision to charge Caroline Flack. Allegedly she assaulted her partner with a bedside lamp and the Crown Prosecution Service recommended a Police Caution. The police appealed this decision and the charge was made for assault. Apparently no record was made of the decision for the appeal.

The family still have no answers. Sadly the lady took her own life.

Why no answers after all this time? Sadly it's all over the news?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *batMan 25 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

It’s a veritable tightrope walk!

Charge them and you’re damned.

Don’t charge them and you’re damned.

Sad she died, but surely it must be a catalogue of events and not this in isolation?

Gbat

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 25 weeks ago

St Leonards

"It’s a veritable tightrope walk!

Charge them and you’re damned.

Don’t charge them and you’re damned.

Sad she died, but surely it must be a catalogue of events and not this in isolation?

Gbat "

I disagree. I don't think Caroline Flack was the sort to get her bedside lamp from a catalogue.

Although, admittedly, my assertion is entirely unevidenced.

By *lmost TouchingMan 25 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat.

We expect absolute justice 100% of the time. The challenge is the complexity of getting to the truth and taking appropriate action on the incomplete picture.

I believe that the risk of inaction leads to a large proportion of guilty people getting away rather than a small number of innocent people being unfairly treated.

Life is not fair and sometimes there needs to be martyrs for the cause.

(I am waiting for the retort, “That is all good and well provided you are not the unlucky one.”)

By *red333Man 25 weeks ago

Dorchester

The poor young woman is dead what difference does it make?

By *ts the taking part thatMan 25 weeks ago

southampton

Much like the head teacher/offered suicide the family are so distressed they target some sort of justice & its aimed at authority.

Ofsted found issues & the Police found evidence of assault, the awful overreaction of the two ladies is so sad but their choices.

People have no idea what Caroline Flack was truly like & only say a controlled TV & media persona.

By *m3232Man 25 weeks ago

maidenhead

Needs looking at to be sure they didn’t decide to charge her because she was famous.

But if she did hit him then needed to go to court as if it was the other way round it would have been different.

But what we need to remember innocent till proven guilty.

By *rHotNottsMan 25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Justice system is very tricky you have terrorists & organised criminals all over it abusing the system to point police often are fully aware of major criminals for decades across generations but they are untouchable. Then police , lawyers, CPS all with different objectives and then media stirring the pot.

But we’re told it’s one of the best justice systems in the world.

By *rowley616Man 25 weeks ago

Scarborough

Has anyone been in custody? It can be stressful at best and outright mind shattering at worst. Also during this time period the justice system was moving at a snail's pace due to the pandemic. I was in a similar situation around the time. I also know from that experience that the police like to charge with a bigger offense if they can. The police charged me with a higher offence despite no evidence for it and statements to the contrary as well as me already admitting guilt for what I did. I still had to go through the trial process and was thankfully found not guilty. Having already pleaded guilty to the thing I actually did, I was sentenced appropriately.

This was the single most life altering experience of my life and the lives of everyone involved. Made far far worse by the pandemic, delays in police procedures including evidence submission on the day of trial.

We don't know what the circumstances around her interactions with the police were or what her mental health was before or during these events but the uncertainty and fear that comes with it can mess with anyone.

By *batMan 25 weeks ago

The CPS make most charging decisions. Both whether to charge and what to charge.

But it’s more usual to blame the police.

Damned if the do, damned if they don’t.

Gbat

By *ts the taking part thatMan 25 weeks ago

southampton

"Needs looking at to be sure they didn’t decide to charge her because she was famous.

But if she did hit him then needed to go to court as if it was the other way round it would have been different.

But what we need to remember innocent till proven guilty. "

Given wealth & good solicitors etc I don't think the Police would of not seriously considered the fall out.

The CPS look to prosecute on winnable charges so speaks for itself that they charged her. Its a sad situation but points to guilt not innocence & no one got sued for the allegations or pictures of the blood & lamp.

If innocent she would of sued people.

By *smith87Man 25 weeks ago

totton

I think her death was so sad. The press and papers have so much to answer for. They hound people at there lowest times and just keep getting at people

By *astcoast2000Man 25 weeks ago

Newcastle County Down

"The poor young woman is dead what difference does it make? "
Its sad indeed

By *rcoupleCouple 25 weeks ago

Mid Glam

"Needs looking at to be sure they didn’t decide to charge her because she was famous.

But what we need to remember innocent till proven guilty.

Given wealth & good solicitors etc I don't think the Police would of not seriously considered the fall out.

The CPS look to prosecute on winnable charges so speaks for itself that they charged her. Its a sad situation but points to guilt not innocence & no one got sued for the allegations or pictures of the blood & lamp.

If innocent she would of sued people.

"

The CPS recommended a caution. It was appealed and overturned by the police and the charges pressed - from higher up within the police.

And despite her boyfriend not wanting to press charges.

From personal experince of that sort of dumb fuckery it's not pleasant especialy when there is a mumbled and half hearted half arsed apology at the end of a long period of uncertainty.

By *agnar73Man 25 weeks ago

Glasgow

All in all a sad tale.

Real villains are media that intruded into her life.

By *stwo2023Couple 25 weeks ago

Worcester

"The poor young woman is dead what difference does it make? "

It could make a difference to the next poor young person.

Evie

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

If she hit him, charges should have been brought. If she chose suicide over being thought of badly by the public then that's on her.

If I hit a partner with something I expect I would go to jail for a bit. Rightly so too

By *batMan 25 weeks ago

"The CPS recommended a caution. It was appealed and overturned by the police and the charges pressed - from higher up within the police.

And despite her boyfriend not wanting to press charges."

This is just not how it works.

In the first instance, the Police Officer would have sought a charging decision from the CPS.

Here, they initially recommended a caution.

The Police Officer if they disagreed, would then need to appeal to the CPS, and may or may not have sought advice from a senior police officer. But to be clear, the appeal decision was that of the CPS. They are the charging authority in this instance.

Why do you think a senior Police Officer was the decision maker here?

As for not following the victim's wishes, for many years this has been policy in domestic violence cases. Victims have "changed their minds" in many previous instances due to pressure from the assailant. Some suffer serious violence afterwards.

Finally, the prosecution takes place on behalf of the Crown, not the victim. The victim's views will be sought, but they don't make the decision.

Gbat

» Add a new message to this topic