FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Speakers Corner

Fab Speakers Corner

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obilebottom OP   Man 26 weeks ago

All over

Off you go, take the stage and make a little speech. Civilized debate please only. Perhaps something you want to get off your chest, a message of love and pease, a declaration of love for your special forumite or what you think is the best way to suck lemons. Whatever is in your mind, just speak about it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

Love yourself!

All over

"Love yourself! "

You have to indeed, though not in a nascissistic manner

By *ansoffateMan 26 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

You can't justify obscene levels of inflation by simply saying there's a cost of living crisis.

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

I don’t understand why single men post photos of women’s naked bodies with just his hand in view. I don’t want to look at her, I want to look at him. Those photos actively turn me off.

All over

The state of disrepair of most roads in this country is just unbelievable. The cost to motorists for damage to cars and tyres is imeasurable

Sagittarius A

"The state of disrepair of most roads in this country is just unbelievable. The cost to motorists for damage to cars and tyres is imeasurable "

Yet we can afford millions on high-tech smart motorways that can tell you your exit is closed - with no detour, the speed limit is 50 when you aren't moving in a traffic jam and that tiredness kills, so you should pull over and sleep at the next service station with a 45 mim max stay car park.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan 26 weeks ago

Wales/ All over UK

Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster, has made the U.K. far poorer economically and reputationally as a country for the past few years and yet the right wing media’s grip on the narrative in this country means that the continued harm will be perpetuated for at least a decade

London (She/Her)

"Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster, has made the U.K. far poorer economically and reputationally as a country for the past few years and yet the right wing media’s grip on the narrative in this country means that the continued harm will be perpetuated for at least a decade"

Yeap! I still can’t get over it and move on. I’m so angry

By *lubCouple500Couple 26 weeks ago

Paradise Island

"Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster, has made the U.K. far poorer economically and reputationally as a country for the past few years and yet the right wing media’s grip on the narrative in this country means that the continued harm will be perpetuated for at least a decade

Yeap! I still can’t get over it and move on. I’m so angry "

You lost. Get over it !

By *heRazorsEdgeMan 26 weeks ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster, has made the U.K. far poorer economically and reputationally as a country for the past few years and yet the right wing media’s grip on the narrative in this country means that the continued harm will be perpetuated for at least a decade

Yeap! I still can’t get over it and move on. I’m so angry

You lost. Get over it !"

We all did, it’s just some haven’t accepted the L yet…

All over

[Removed by poster at 06/04/24 22:50:13]

All over

[Removed by poster at 06/04/24 22:51:23]

All over

To get away from the usual partizan politics, can I suggest that this does not become the focus of this thread please. You have the politics forum for that. Thanking you kindly.

By *icecouple561Couple 26 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The best way to suck lemons is to never do it . If I touch a lemon I taste it in my mouth. If I handle lemons or lemon juice for too long it really upsets my tummy. Same with vinegar. I bet you all wanted to know that

Sagittarius A

"The best way to suck lemons is to never do it . If I touch a lemon I taste it in my mouth. If I handle lemons or lemon juice for too long it really upsets my tummy. Same with vinegar. I bet you all wanted to know that "

I found it interesting, I can't say I wanted to know it as it's a bit obscure to anticipate.

Do you have to ingest the lemon juice to acquire said upset tummy or does the offending chemical absorb through your skin?

All over

"The best way to suck lemons is to never do it . If I touch a lemon I taste it in my mouth. If I handle lemons or lemon juice for too long it really upsets my tummy. Same with vinegar. I bet you all wanted to know that "

I bet you keep them all for your g&ts

By *uctifanoWoman 26 weeks ago

Glasgow

Why can’t folk be nice to each other!!! Here… everyday… just BE NICE … ahhh that feels better

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The best way to suck lemons is to never do it . If I touch a lemon I taste it in my mouth. If I handle lemons or lemon juice for too long it really upsets my tummy. Same with vinegar. I bet you all wanted to know that

I found it interesting, I can't say I wanted to know it as it's a bit obscure to anticipate.

Do you have to ingest the lemon juice to acquire said upset tummy or does the offending chemical absorb through your skin?"

I absorb it through my skin. It's the same with vinegar.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The best way to suck lemons is to never do it . If I touch a lemon I taste it in my mouth. If I handle lemons or lemon juice for too long it really upsets my tummy. Same with vinegar. I bet you all wanted to know that

I bet you keep them all for your g&ts "

I don't like gin and I keep away from actually drinking anything with lemon in it, or lime.

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

"Off you go, take the stage and make a little speech. Civilized debate please only. Perhaps something you want to get off your chest, a message of love and pease, a declaration of love for your special forumite or what you think is the best way to suck lemons. Whatever is in your mind, just speak about it. "

Work can go whistle

Tired of the same life need a change and I am going to change it

All over

I don't like gin and I keep away from actually drinking anything with lemon in it, or lime. "

I see. There you go. Another little thing we all know now.

All over

"Off you go, take the stage and make a little speech. Civilized debate please only. Perhaps something you want to get off your chest, a message of love and pease, a declaration of love for your special forumite or what you think is the best way to suck lemons. Whatever is in your mind, just speak about it.

Work can go whistle

Tired of the same life need a change and I am going to change it"

Go for it. You are the only one that can do it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't like gin and I keep away from actually drinking anything with lemon in it, or lime.

I see. There you go. Another little thing we all know now. "

Cute down my choices when it comes to cocktails

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Off you go, take the stage and make a little speech. Civilized debate please only. Perhaps something you want to get off your chest, a message of love and pease, a declaration of love for your special forumite or what you think is the best way to suck lemons. Whatever is in your mind, just speak about it.

Work can go whistle

Tired of the same life need a change and I am going to change it"

What changes are you going to make?

By *hoirCouple 26 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Where's Mr Pickle when you need him? He's good at this speech malarky

P

Sagittarius A

Do you have to ingest the lemon juice to acquire said upset tummy or does the offending chemical absorb through your skin?

I absorb it through my skin. It's the same with vinegar. "

I think that's the most fascinating thing I've read tonight.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think that's the most fascinating thing I've read tonight."

If I talk or read about lemons I taste them too. I don't know if it's because I have a degree of synaesthesia

Forum Mod

East Sussex

P.S. I hope you find something more fascinating before the nights out

By *inky_couple2020Couple 26 weeks ago

North West

"Where's Mr Pickle when you need him? He's good at this speech malarky

P"

He's having a little break, I think. He'll be back.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 26 weeks ago

North West

If I talk or read about lemons I taste them too. I don't know if it's because I have a degree of synaesthesia"

Knowing what you've posted before, Mrs NC, it wouldn't surprise me if you did have synaesthesia.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If I talk or read about lemons I taste them too. I don't know if it's because I have a degree of synaesthesia

Knowing what you've posted before, Mrs NC, it wouldn't surprise me if you did have synaesthesia. "

All I know at the moment is I can taste nothing but damn lemons

All over

Knowing what you've posted before, Mrs NC, it wouldn't surprise me if you did have synaesthesia.

All I know at the moment is I can taste nothing but damn lemons "

Are you blaming me? I hope I am not going to be banned for mentioning lemons

Forum Mod

East Sussex

All I know at the moment is I can taste nothing but damn lemons

Are you blaming me? I hope I am not going to be banned for mentioning lemons "

I could have passed on by

By *agondaMan 26 weeks ago

Witterings

So this thread wants a speech?

It’s probably the wrong website for this but here goes:

If our country was run by people who cared, people who wanted to do good, people who wanted us all (rich or poor) to make more money … then wouldn’t it be a better place?

Instead most politicians (of all persuasions) just want to develop their own careers

It’s sad

End of speech

By *exyEggsCouple 26 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I've got a speech. More toilets, please. Studies have found that, on average, it takes women more than twice as long to have a wee as men. Not only do we have to go into the cubicle, pull down our clothing and sit down, we also have changing of sanitary items to deal with, and are more likely to have children with us too. Thus we should have more than twice the number of toilets available in public venues, if the toilets are split into ladies and gents. Gender neutral toilets are another solution but that's a speech and debate for another day. I thank you. *Mrs TMN steps off soapbox*

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"So this thread wants a speech?

It’s probably the wrong website for this but here goes:

If our country was run by people who cared, people who wanted to do good, people who wanted us all (rich or poor) to make more money … then wouldn’t it be a better place?

Instead most politicians (of all persuasions) just want to develop their own careers

It’s sad

End of speech "

I agree

London (She/Her)

"I've got a speech. More toilets, please. Studies have found that, on average, it takes women more than twice as long to have a wee as men. Not only do we have to go into the cubicle, pull down our clothing and sit down, we also have changing of sanitary items to deal with, and are more likely to have children with us too. Thus we should have more than twice the number of toilets available in public venues, if the toilets are split into ladies and gents. Gender neutral toilets are another solution but that's a speech and debate for another day. I thank you. *Mrs TMN steps off soapbox*"

I’m anti gender neutral toilets because men wee on the seat

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 26 weeks ago

Bradford

"I've got a speech. More toilets, please. Studies have found that, on average, it takes women more than twice as long to have a wee as men. Not only do we have to go into the cubicle, pull down our clothing and sit down, we also have changing of sanitary items to deal with, and are more likely to have children with us too. Thus we should have more than twice the number of toilets available in public venues, if the toilets are split into ladies and gents. Gender neutral toilets are another solution but that's a speech and debate for another day. I thank you. *Mrs TMN steps off soapbox*

I’m anti gender neutral toilets because men wee on the seat "

lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've got a speech. More toilets, please. Studies have found that, on average, it takes women more than twice as long to have a wee as men. Not only do we have to go into the cubicle, pull down our clothing and sit down, we also have changing of sanitary items to deal with, and are more likely to have children with us too. Thus we should have more than twice the number of toilets available in public venues, if the toilets are split into ladies and gents. Gender neutral toilets are another solution but that's a speech and debate for another day. I thank you. *Mrs TMN steps off soapbox*"

I also agree. I wish people would respect public toilets more too.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 25 weeks ago

North West

"I've got a speech. More toilets, please. Studies have found that, on average, it takes women more than twice as long to have a wee as men. Not only do we have to go into the cubicle, pull down our clothing and sit down, we also have changing of sanitary items to deal with, and are more likely to have children with us too. Thus we should have more than twice the number of toilets available in public venues, if the toilets are split into ladies and gents. Gender neutral toilets are another solution but that's a speech and debate for another day. I thank you. *Mrs TMN steps off soapbox*

I also agree. I wish people would respect public toilets more too. "

I'd like to add to this that we shouldn't have baby changing in the disabled toilets and that we need more disabled toilets too. Put baby changing in a separate cubicle or separate room and leave the accessible toilets for someone who needs them. And needing a poo or wanting to hide during the working day are not reasons to use the disabled toilet. Please and thank you!

Ohz and if you ever DO go in an accessible toilet and see the emergency cord tied up or around the grab bars, then please untie it and let it hang to the floor. Otherwise, disabled people cannot call for help. This refers partly to my comments about baby changing etc in disabled toilets as the no.1 excuse from venues about why the cord is tied up is that children pull it when being changed or whilst their parent then uses the toilet.

Oh and another one, if you work in a venue with an accessible toilet, don't allow it to be used to store chairs or cleaning equipment or whatever. And if you work for a venue that doesn't have an accessible toilet then please influence one being installed. Again, please and thank you!

By *ldgeezermeMan 25 weeks ago

Newcastle

I suggest that if you're ever in London then you should visit Speaker's Corner on a Sunday

It makes this forum look like the epitome of reason

Example of some topics:

Semen is generated in the heart and travels via tubes to the testicles

The vagina is the gateway to hell

One of those is actually true

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

When are the highways agency is going to sit down and realised we have a lot more cars on the road and we did many many years ago when they came up with the rules of the road.

It’s time we adopted the American way of driving on highways.

Motorists should be allowed to undertake or overtake in any on our motorways. We don’t have a fast lane anymore.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

I’m anti gender neutral toilets because men wee on the seat "

I am against gender neutral toilets because if you are in the que, women take too long.

By *obilebottom OP   Man 25 weeks ago

All over

Why should holidays and hotel stays cost twice or even more than it used to for similar or often better experience in the last couple of years. It is pure greed.

By *icecouple561Couple 25 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Why should holidays and hotel stays cost twice or even more than it used to for similar or often better experience in the last couple of years. It is pure greed. "

The cost of living probably. Our chef friend says they are now paying pounds for ingredients that used to cost pence. There's also minimum wage, heating, lighting, insurance etc. I covid devastated the hospitality industry at home and abroad and I think they're trying to recoup costs too.

All over

"Why should holidays and hotel stays cost twice or even more than it used to for similar or often better experience in the last couple of years. It is pure greed.

The cost of living probably. Our chef friend says they are now paying pounds for ingredients that used to cost pence. There's also minimum wage, heating, lighting, insurance etc. I covid devastated the hospitality industry at home and abroad and I think they're trying to recoup costs too.

"

Not sure I agree entirely to be honest. A little bit of that sure, the rest is purely how the industry has gone. I have lots of friends who work in the industry including tour ops. They think that people just taking advantage as many do here too. Still quoting covid even for aspects of bad service whether in person on on the phone. Things have certainly changed.

By *icecouple561Couple 25 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Why should holidays and hotel stays cost twice or even more than it used to for similar or often better experience in the last couple of years. It is pure greed.

Not sure I agree entirely to be honest. A little bit of that sure, the rest is purely how the industry has gone. I have lots of friends who work in the industry including tour ops. They think that people just taking advantage as many do here too. Still quoting covid even for aspects of bad service whether in person on on the phone. Things have certainly changed."

Oh I agree that people blame covid for bad service. We had to make a complaint at a hotel we stayed in recently because service was so poor. They were very apologetic, blamed covid band tried to make amends but the service didn't improve.

I think in this country it's beginning to be almost prohibitively expensive to holiday. Watching Hotel Inspector the other night I could see why

All over

Why do cats do their dirt in other people's gardens and not theirs?

By *agnar73Man 25 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Why should holidays and hotel stays cost twice or even more than it used to for similar or often better experience in the last couple of years. It is pure greed. "

The value of pound against other currencies dropped after the Brexit vote and dropped again when it actually came in. I think it rose in between and climbed back again recently but what you get in euros now is about 1.12 to pound and it’s not great compared to past

» Add a new message to this topic