FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Women getting a taxi alone?

Women getting a taxi alone?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple 26 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

So tonight I dropped Mrs off for a night out.

I'd not long been home and suggested that she could get the ferry ( Gosport people will know) then get a taxi as I was knackered then I'd pick her up tonight.

This was only 5:30 not late, she was mortified at the suggestion that she gets a taxi, I wasn't expecting her to get it at night alone but early evening.

Are other ladies scared to get a taxi alone or is she overreacting?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adyBugsWoman 26 weeks ago

cognito

I would rather walk than get a taxi alone.

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

I'd get a taxi alone. Or walk alone. Not everyone's a serial killer you know.

couple, us we him her.

"I would rather walk than get a taxi alone."

During the day or at night?

By *mber SkiesWoman 26 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

He needs reporting hope your wife is ok

By *icecouple561Couple 26 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"He needs reporting hope your wife is ok "

Who?

Cardiff-ish

"He needs reporting hope your wife is ok

Who? "

the taxi man

couple, us we him her.

I took he she didn't get a taxi in the end.

It was just a suggestion.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman 26 weeks ago

Next Door

Never had an issue with getting into a taxi alone at any time of the day/night. I don't get them from a taxi rank, I prefer to call a company.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'd get a taxi alone. There's a taxi company round here that will send a woman driver on request

By *emorefridaCouple 26 weeks ago

La la land

If I get in one alone, I always have someone tracking me, just to be on the safe side. Before I had the technology to do it, I really didn't like it, but sometimes needs must.

Who? the taxi man"

May wanna read the op again...or just castrate all taxi drivers. Either or.

couple, us we him her.

Who? the taxi man"

I'm confused

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Who? the taxi man"

The ops wife didn't take a taxi

By *ewels74Woman 26 weeks ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Finds no issue of getting a taxi, tbh i feel safer and i tend to chat to the driver anyways

And yeah i was trying to figure out who was meant to be getting reported as i seen nothing bad being mentioned, unless she read what he was writing wrongly

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

I’ve had taxi drivers do scary things, park in random places and not let me out etc, but that happens far less then men be scary as I’m walking around alone.

Men are scary (not all men ) but until they’re banned from leaving the house after dark we women have to keep making our lives smaller to be safer and absorbing the fear and violence

I’ve taken plenty of taxis alone after night outs around 4am I’ve not come across an axe wielding murderer yet.

Cardiff-ish

Who? the taxi man"

have I read that wrong so it weren’t the taxi man making suggestions?

By *ularliWoman 26 weeks ago

worcester

I’ve always got a taxi on my own and walked around late at night. I often used to walk 4 miles home alone after a night out and never had any bother.

couple, us we him her.

Who? the taxi man have I read that wrong so it weren’t the taxi man making suggestions?"

no no I suggested she get a taxi is all

By *carlet SeductionWoman 26 weeks ago

Maidstone

I don't get the issue. I've got hundreds of taxis alone, even the gosport ferry. I don't get it

Cardiff-ish

Who? the taxi man have I read that wrong so it weren’t the taxi man making suggestions?no no I suggested she get a taxi is all"

ok

Maidstone

"I’ve always got a taxi on my own and walked around late at night. I often used to walk 4 miles home alone after a night out and never had any bother. "

Me too. *shrugs*

By *ewels74Woman 26 weeks ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 05/04/24 22:10:07]

Get taxis, trains, tube and walk home ... always have ... can even pay for them myself too

I don’t think it’s fair to say she’s overreacting if she’s genuinely uncomfortable with it.

I’d get a taxi alone. I’d feel more uncomfortable walking around by myself. I avoid going out late at night if I can help it, but I’m scared of my own shadow.

I'm a bit baffled by this OP. I always thought taxis were the safer option, unless something has happened in recent years to have changed that? Obviously there's the odd horror stories, John Worboys comes mind, but generally speaking, statistically I'd say getting a taxi is safest way to get home from a night out, unless getting a lift from a family member etc.

By *essTTWoman 26 weeks ago

Birmingham

"So tonight I dropped Mrs off for a night out.

I'd not long been home and suggested that she could get the ferry ( Gosport people will know) then get a taxi as I was knackered then I'd pick her up tonight.

This was only 5:30 not late, she was mortified at the suggestion that she gets a taxi, I wasn't expecting her to get it at night alone but early evening.

"

The response to this is subjective tbh

Some women have had bad experience and thus wouldn't get a taxi alone. Some women have no issue with it.

I rarely get taxis and when I do I use Uber and I always have my location settings on on my phone so it would really be an issue for me.

But I've never had a bad experience getting a taxi either by myself or with anyone else

couple, us we him her.

It's not a problem me driving I was just curious to see if other women are worried about getting a taxi alone?

Maidstone

"I don’t think it’s fair to say she’s overreacting if she’s genuinely uncomfortable with it.

I’d get a taxi alone. I’d feel more uncomfortable walking around by myself. I avoid going out late at night if I can help it, but I’m scared of my own shadow. "

Then she probably shouldn't be going out at night if it bothers her that much. Seriously. A taxi??

By *lderflowerappleWoman 26 weeks ago

Basingstoke

Providing the taxi is pre-booked, from a reputable firm I have no issues with getting a taxi. The problems potentially come with hailing a taxi down.

That said, it's almost impossible to get a taxi to turn up here - the council won't licence enough drivers or businesses - so I'd far rather walk if I'm out locally, or drive myself there and back if it's a bit further afield.

Maidstone

"It's not a problem me driving I was just curious to see if other women are worried about getting a taxi alone?

"

No. Absolutely not.

[Removed by poster at 05/04/24 22:23:37]

Stop using uber is my advise ,pay peanuts you get ???

By *wiggy2112Woman 26 weeks ago

some where in Yorkshire

I’ve always got an Uber … you always get the name of the driver and the reg of the car ..

"I don’t think it’s fair to say she’s overreacting if she’s genuinely uncomfortable with it.

I’d get a taxi alone. I’d feel more uncomfortable walking around by myself. I avoid going out late at night if I can help it, but I’m scared of my own shadow.

Then she probably shouldn't be going out at night if it bothers her that much. Seriously. A taxi??"

The OP said it wasn’t late at night. I personally don’t have an issue with it, it just seems unfair to say she’s overreacting if it makes her uncomfortable.

"I’ve had taxi drivers do scary things, park in random places and not let me out etc."

Yeh, I've heard the occasional story like this. It's understandable that people have experienced (or heard) this sort of thing and now won't get into a taxi alone, or at least are very wary of it.

Don't really think op was in the wrong but I do get it.

By *toC Thats MeWoman 26 weeks ago

Sheffield

Happy to travel alone in a taxi, usually for the journey home after a night out.

Could always find a nice suitale man from fab to collect her lol

But probably safer letting her get a taxi

By *adyBugsWoman 26 weeks ago

cognito

"I would rather walk than get a taxi alone.

During the day or at night?"

Both. I don’t not want to get in a taxi on my own.

Maidstone

Then she probably shouldn't be going out at night if it bothers her that much. Seriously. A taxi??

The OP said it wasn’t late at night. I personally don’t have an issue with it, it just seems unfair to say she’s overreacting if it makes her uncomfortable. "

I don't think it's unfair to say if she isn't comfortable with it then she shouldn't be doing it. But that might mean not going out. Not all of us have the luxury of a partner at our beck and call so I don't get what the problem is. She's covered and doesn't have to deal with it. Some have no choice so just get on with it.

Maidstone

Also I'd think it a really crap night out that finished at 5.30. That's afternoon tea with the school mums. Not a night out

she has a fair point lol

The OP said it wasn’t late at night. I personally don’t have an issue with it, it just seems unfair to say she’s overreacting if it makes her uncomfortable.

I don't think it's unfair to say if she isn't comfortable with it then she shouldn't be doing it. But that might mean not going out. Not all of us have the luxury of a partner at our beck and call so I don't get what the problem is. She's covered and doesn't have to deal with it. Some have no choice so just get on with it. "

I get that. But the OP was asking if his partner was overreacting. I don’t think she is. If something makes me feel uncomfortable or scared, I’m not going to do it just because other people think I’m being ridiculous.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 26 weeks ago

North West

"Also I'd think it a really crap night out that finished at 5.30. That's afternoon tea with the school mums. Not a night out "

My understanding of the OP is that his partner was heading out for a night out at 5.30 and because he was tired, he suggested she take a taxi. Then he would collect her at the end of the night (his OP refers to collecting her tonight). Perhaps he'd just got in from work at 5.30 or something? Who knows.

To respond - I've never been keen on taking taxis on my own at night, but have done so. I generally prefer to drive myself in preference to taking taxis and because I'm not one for drinking, that's my usual approach. I generally only take taxis for work or if my car is being repaired and that's almost never at night. I've never hailed a taxi or waited at a taxi rank. I've always phoned for one from a reputable company; waited in a taxi office or used Uber or similar apps. However, I passed my test and started driving myself for nights out pretty quickly.

I feel more vulnerable in taxis nowadays because I either have to get out of my wheelchair and have it in pieces in the boot, or if a wheelchair accessible taxi, my chair is ratcheted down to the floor. Either way, I'm a sitting duck. I can't run away from a dangerous situation. I just drive myself as much as possible.

By *JB1954Man 26 weeks ago

Reading

My late brother and friends were taxis drivers. Yes Op was saying daytime taxis. But if female not happy then why cause stress ? . I have yes younger female friend who I see at my house . I pay for taxis to and from my house. She always messages to say in taxis on way. I also say to her when she is in cab leaving . Message when home. She at first said why ( did ask at later date). Then one night driver made comments about her etc on way to her house. She yes got home safely and understood why I said to her in front of driver to message as soon as indoors. He was reported. Had apology from taxi company. They said driver was no longer working for them . I did wonder if driver was the licensed driver ? How many people check photo of driver against , driver of vehicle?

By *uby StarCouple 26 weeks ago

Durham

I've got taxis loads of times on my own late at night and early hours of the morning. Use reputable firms always.

By *tsJustKateWoman 26 weeks ago

London

"

No, I'm not scared and yes, she's overreacting!

By *inkyandthebrain2023Couple 26 weeks ago

Cheshire

Me and pinky wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for her getting in my taxi. Of course i was a gentleman and waited for her previous relationship to fizzle out first.

Then one day i picked her up and she was off to meet a guy on here. When she told me i couldn't help but mention my solo account.

Now over a year and plenty of great experiences under our belt we have just booked PDI for October.

By * and R cple4Couple 26 weeks ago

swansea

Many years ago when I was 15 I used to take taxis late at night after babysitting and had a few very creepy and definitely inappropriate things happen and be said.

I know times were different then (definitely no excuse) but it always put me of catching taxis even to this day. I wouldn't let my daughter take one when she was younger either.

It's sad when for whatever reason some women don't feel comfortable doing what men wouldn't think twice about.

I suppose it works out cheaper

By *ophieslutTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Central

A phone to hand can be used to summon help, so I'd prefer to be in a taxi than struggling in the cold and dark

By *a LunaWoman 26 weeks ago

South

I’d prefer a pre booked taxi over a taxi rank cab. Had an unpleasant experience with one of them when younger.

By *ora the explorerWoman 26 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I’m fine with it. It’s just the small talk that bothers me. I hate it. Just don’t talk to me

By *nnCeeWoman 26 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

Are Aquacars still going?!

I'd be happy to get in one of them, but understand if your OH isn't keen, then it might not have been something she wanted to do. Or was it that she was more expecting you to drive round to Pompey and drop her off?

Have been on the Gosport ferry a couple of times, even the little put-put which runs after the ferry stops...

I'll get cabs alone, or walk. Perhaps I shouldn't, but thus far I've been alright...

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 26 weeks ago

wonderland.

I've got no issues getting a taxi at any time but only one I've booked

By *uri00620Woman 26 weeks ago

Croydon

Yep, no issues getting a taxi, day or night. I'd hate to live life thinking everyone was out to get me.

By *ames250122Man 26 weeks ago

Worcester

"

Nah I don’t think she is to be fair mate. Not got it in me at this time of night to go through all the reason why I think that but would always prefer to be with my spouse or for them to be with a group of mates then on their own regardless of the time of night so they’re safe. That said though, that concern can be equally considered deeming and disrespectful of woman as they don’t want to be made to feel like they’re being minded or chaperoned. Be glad she takes safety serious and you support any precautions she wants to take. There certainly more than enough horror stories. I live in Worcester and one time after midnight me and my partner where driving back from Upton on this dark country road with no path, between Upton and Malvern that with malvern roughly 3-4 miles away. No road lighting, just road then ditch. We suddenly see this young girl trudging along the road. Any car coming the other way would have probably not had enough time to see her. Malvern about 3- 4 miles, Worcester eight miles. Both me and my partner think what the heck is this Emo kid doing walking along here at this time of night? D*unk farmer or something sure but this young girl. Though we driven past we both shared are concerns until my partner said should we turn around and see if they are ok. Now cos she was with me and it wasn’t just me, I said yeah, if that was our kid or nephew or niece etc. so we checked that she was ok and again I think they felt a little safer excepting a lift as it was my partner driving and another woman. Long story short, she was walking back to Worcester cos her and bf had gone to one of the Upton festivals, been arguing and ditch her in the middle of the night on the side of the road in what must have seemed the middle of know where to her. Now we had good intentions and saw her home to her nans in Worcester but it could have easily been a different story, different car, person etc. Still makes me shudder to this day and if I’d been her dad, that lad (you’ll have to foil in this part yourself lol)

Don't see the issue, I've got hundreds of taxis alone. Especially Uber which is tracked the whole journey and you can alert someone if you're in danger.

You don't know the bus driver, but you get on the bus. You don't know the pilot but you get on the plane. Being in a crowd doesn't make you safer, if someone wants to hurt you they will do.

By *ablo minibar123Woman 26 weeks ago

I catch probably at least a hundred taxis a year by myself. There's only one taxi driver that makes me feel very uncomfortable, and if I could avoid getting a lift with him I would, but sometimes I really can't.

Not around my way, but I know a lot of firms send you car descriptions and number plates when you book a taxi, I think that's a great idea.

By *rHotNottsMan 26 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

My kids really don't like using taxis or Uber in the uk if alone, they don’t feel safe.they say they are often very inappropriate conversations especially Asian men at night.

We have pink taxi and pink Ubers driven by Arabic women here, some women choose to use those but it’s very safe here.

I feel the safest bet was to put a lady in a taxi. I use Uber., and I can track it

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 26 weeks ago

your head

Happily get a taxi by myself, always booked over the phone or uber so can be tracked.

I get that it could make another woman uncomfortable though. If I'm out late at night, I prefer a taxi. If not, I'm happy to walk.

By *erity888Woman 26 weeks ago

bridgend

Not in the least bit bothered

I’m determined not to be anxious or scared bout stuff like this

By *imply DeeWoman 26 weeks ago

Wherever

I always get a taxi alone when going back home from the train station late. My other option is walking through an empty town or right next to nature reserve, depends on what station I got off and both feel equally scary so I feel like taxi is the safest option.

Because I live in very rough area in the block of flats, I found also many taxi drivers letting me know they will stay a little longer to see if I get to the building safely.

By *ealMissShadyWoman 26 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

I have no problem getting a taxi if I'm in the city. Uber if available are great. If not then pre book it is safer as you are less likely to get picked up by an unlicensed taxi driver

I refuse to be scared anywhere of anyone and certainly would not let fear hinder my life, that's no way to live.

By *stwo2023Couple 26 weeks ago

Worcester

"

Was she scared of getting a taxi or just confused as to why you'd suggested it if you were home and able to drive her?

You said she was mortified. That's not a word I'd use to describe someone who was scared of something.

Evie

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman 26 weeks ago

In the clouds

No problems with getting a taxi.. I don't drink though, so always alert

By *rispyDuckMan 26 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

I suppose ‘Fake Taxi porn channel’ has left many women worried they would have to shag the driver if they can’t pay the fare lol

By *hiskasMan 26 weeks ago

Llanelli

Getting a taxi from gosport ferry, is not that bad at that time of night,maybe the issue was you not wanting to pick her up, over the getting the taxi it self.

"

I’d dare say she was overreacting and guilt tripping you into giving her a lift. That’s what couples do sometimes.

By *orksRockerMan 26 weeks ago

Bradford

I used to love dropping off and picking my ex up whenever she used to go out, even if the pick up had three others in there too and that was a long drive around to all their homes. Was a fun conversation and good times.

By *luebell888Woman 26 weeks ago

Glasgowish

I often get a taxi alone. I get taxis from our local company who message when taxi is on its way with the colour, make and registration number of my cab.

By *mily36CWoman 26 weeks ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Does she run round picking you up and dropping you off rather than taxis OP? ...maybe it was just a question of matching the same offering, perhaps.

By *eyond PurityCouple 26 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

If I need a taxi, I'll get one.

I feel it's a lot safer these days - Uber for instance tracks the car and there's a button you can press on the app while in the car if you feel unsafe.

I had a few dodgy taxi drivers when I was younger and maybe she's had a bad experience in the past too.

If she's not comfortable, then it's not for anyone else to say otherwise.

C

By *issmorganWoman 26 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

It honestly doesn't bother me getting a taxi at night alone, I've not come across any drivers that have given me a cause for concern.

By *ony MannMan 26 weeks ago

Wallop

It's all perception, if you think there is danger you behave as there is danger even when there is none and the other way around.

Sometimes behaving as there is danger creates it.

By *hoirCouple 26 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Not remotely scared to get a taxi alone at any time of night.

P

By *inky_couple2020Couple 26 weeks ago

North West

"It's all perception, if you think there is danger you behave as there is danger even when there is none and the other way around.

Sometimes behaving as there is danger creates it."

How on earth does behaving as though there's danger, create danger?

Everyone's perception and tolerance for risk is different. We each have differing vulnerabilities and each person acts, in general, to try and secure their own safety and that of their loved ones.

My appetite for risk changed substantially with the acquisition of disability and things I would have done as an able bodied person, I will no longer do or will do differently.

By *G LanaTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Gosport

"Its shorter by water" but I'm not sure what the taxi arrangements are these days with the bus station redevelopment work. It looks like it could cause months and months of chaos.

Sorry if you ended up getting dragged back out.

By *stwo2023Couple 26 weeks ago

Worcester

"It's all perception, if you think there is danger you behave as there is danger even when there is none and the other way around.

Sometimes behaving as there is danger creates it."

Says a man

By *ssex_tomMan 25 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"I’m fine with it. It’s just the small talk that bothers me. I hate it. Just don’t talk to me "

Tom always asks the Taxi drivers In Essex if they have anyone famous in their cabs.. lots in Essex such as Rod Stewart, Ronnie O'Sullivan, David Beckham etc..

Probably not worth asking if you live up North..

By *oxy jWoman 25 weeks ago

somerset

i always request a female driver i also have a couple of older gents who work for a local taxi firm who are excellent ... but 99% of the time i drive as i rarely drink ... i would not trust %90 of taxi drivers ....

during the day we use taxis alot for residents patients staff workers as we are 7 different locations around somerset/devon we use a private firm for all of this where we pay a block bill at the end of the month every driver is top notch they are very well selected and mainly do hospital / care runs and school runs so every driver is well checked .....

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

"I’m fine with it. It’s just the small talk that bothers me. I hate it. Just don’t talk to me

Tom always asks the Taxi drivers In Essex if they have anyone famous in their cabs.. lots in Essex such as Rod Stewart, Ronnie O'Sullivan, David Beckham etc..

Probably not worth asking if you live up North.. "

I once saw Fred Dibnah up here. Surely he's right up there with Rod Stewart?

Chelmsford

"I’m fine with it. It’s just the small talk that bothers me. I hate it. Just don’t talk to me

I once saw Fred Dibnah up here. Surely he's right up there with Rod Stewart?"

I would have loved Fred Dibnah in his cab

By *andyfloss2000Woman 25 weeks ago

ashford

No issue getting a taxi alone any time x

Ive never actually thought about being alone in a taxi, maybe im naive and assume that not every man is a predator, i only really use the 1 taxi firm and have the app so all info is stored if anything were to happen

I once saw Fred Dibnah up here. Surely he's right up there with Rod Stewart?

I would have loved Fred Dibnah in his cab "

I was pretty starstruck tbf.

Chelmsford

"... i would not trust %90 of taxi drivers ....

"

What % of politicians would you trust ?

By *red333Man 25 weeks ago

Dorchester

I'd have given her a lift knackered or not

somerset

What % of politicians would you trust ?"

thats a easy answer .... 100% none

"I'd have given her a lift knackered or not "

Never give in to terrorists

By *ark73XXXMan 25 weeks ago

North Staffs/South Cheshire

What % of politicians would you trust ?"

All politicians are not the same

By *emonbuttercreamWoman 25 weeks ago

Birmingham

I don't think she's overreacting at all. I've had so many bad experiences with male taxi drivers and I get really anxious when I have to take a solo taxi trip alone.

By *ed VoluptaWoman 25 weeks ago

Wirral.

No problem getting a taxi alone.

By *oofy321Man 25 weeks ago

moon base zero

Get in a taxi,ask driver if you can take a picture of his tag and say your sending it to a friend for safety reasons..if a safe taxi driver he won't mind

By *herry delightWoman 25 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

It's not something I worry about, I have got into taxes on my own at night.

By *JB1954Man 25 weeks ago

Reading

"Get in a taxi,ask driver if you can take a picture of his tag and say your sending it to a friend for safety reasons..if a safe taxi driver he won't mind"

In my previous post. I asked how many people actually check the driver matches his ‘tag’ . Yes realise taxis are safe . Yet as some females have said they have had bad experiences . Are these not reported ?

Zillions of moons ago I would be the one ordering the taxi for a ladies night out.

How I miss those days of social life was a bit crazy mind.

Only live once

Taxi company most of the time

Never thought about being alone. Never had much cash so it was bus and walk home oh the fun.

Even day time alone, if intended the time of day is not going to stop some taxi drivers

Those ive met have no intensions

By *rSuperFreakMan 25 weeks ago

local

As someone who does taxis, I get girls in my car late night who are d*unk and want to mess about. But at the end of the day, I know that it isn’t worth it since I can lose my job. If she wants to chat and get my number that totally different but I’m not gonna force anything on anyone. But I can’t speak for everyone I guess

Chelmsford

Should the females dress more modestly if getting a cab alone late at night?

By *allipygousMan 25 weeks ago

Leicester

Uber? Anyone?

"Should the females dress more modestly if getting a cab alone late at night?"

Whats what a woman is wearing got to do with getting a taxk late at night??

"Should the females dress more modestly if getting a cab alone late at night?

Whats what a woman is wearing got to do with getting a taxk late at night??"

I often think I need some PPE when using taxis tbf

By *ornyfriendlygentlemanMan 25 weeks ago

Mid-Sussex

There are so many dodgy people about to be a lady at night on your own,I would think very hard about your safety.

By *aizyWoman 25 weeks ago

west midlands

I often think I need some PPE when using taxis tbf "

Not a bad idea.

By *JB1954Man 25 weeks ago

Reading

I notice some have said on posts. Using UBER is safe as tracked ? In Reading UBER does not operate ? Could not get licence . ? Last time someone at my house tried to book and taxis did not turn up . They were from London.

Not a bad idea."

Stick some donuts on your nips!

By *arla SwingerWoman 25 weeks ago

Somewhere

"There are so many dodgy people about to be a lady at night on your own,I would think very hard about your safety. "

By dodgy people do you mean men?

By *z-Dog93Man 25 weeks ago

London

All women need to be careful about getting into a cab at night especially if there by them self after a night out. Iv read shit loads of taxi drivers and police officers taking advantage of d*unk women by offering them a ride home. The world's a horrid place right now and with all the people there letting in the country women are quite vulnerable. Some seriously sick men out there

west midlands

Not a bad idea.

Stick some donuts on your nips! "

Come on, that wouldn't be very modest would it?! Anyway I'd just eat them the doughnuts I mean!!

Not a bad idea.

Come on, that wouldn't be very modest would it?! Anyway I'd just eat them the doughnuts I mean!!"

Defo coming to the midlands with donuts now!

west midlands

Not a bad idea.

Come on, that wouldn't be very modest would it?! Anyway I'd just eat them the doughnuts I mean!!

Defo coming to the midlands with donuts now! "

Make sure they are jam ones!

By *atnip make me purrWoman 25 weeks ago

Reading

All the time

Reading

"All women need to be careful about getting into a cab at night especially if there by them self after a night out. Iv read shit loads of taxi drivers and police officers taking advantage of d*unk women by offering them a ride home. The world's a horrid place right now and with all the people there letting in the country women are quite vulnerable. Some seriously sick men out there "

This is just scare mongering.

By *ames250122Man 25 weeks ago

Worcester

Sometimes behaving as there is danger creates it.

Says a man "

Iol I completely agree. Never known caution and a person doing their best not to put themselves in dangerous situations being the cause of a dangerous situation. Certainly has helped me avoid being in dangerous situations when I’ve been by myself late at night and there a group of steaming d*unks looking to cause trouble or something similar x

Worcester

"All women need to be careful about getting into a cab at night especially if there by them self after a night out. Iv read shit loads of taxi drivers and police officers taking advantage of d*unk women by offering them a ride home. The world's a horrid place right now and with all the people there letting in the country women are quite vulnerable. Some seriously sick men out there

This is just scare mongering."

True, there being cautious and looking out for yourself but no one should have to live in fear of the outside world, day or night x

Worcester

"Should the females dress more modestly if getting a cab alone late at night?"

What exactly would constitute as modesty dressed and what foolish notion makes you think that plays any part in it? Skipping over the fact this is a swinger site that promotes acceptance and freedom of self expression as any user see’s fit as long as it’s not harming anyone else. Country’s like India that force woman to dress and wear what others consider “modestly” also have the highest number of deplorable violence towards woman, so it should be clear to anyone, even those that have it muddled in their head that it some how the ladies fault by the way they dress etc is complete hog wash. The issues and fault rest solely with the attacker and no amount of enforced behaviour modification on woman will change that or make them safer from the degenerates to do these horrid things. Surely it’s better to look into making the punishment for committing such atrocities so severe that the thought alone would terrify any would be attacker into getting help, rather then risk what will happen to them if they offend?

What exactly would constitute as modesty dressed and what foolish notion makes you think that plays any part in it? Skipping over the fact this is a swinger site that promotes acceptance and freedom of self expression as any user see’s fit as long as it’s not harming anyone else. Country’s like India that force woman to dress and wear what others consider “modestly” also have the highest number of deplorable violence towards woman, so it should be clear to anyone, even those that have it muddled in their head that it some how the ladies fault by the way they dress etc is complete hog wash. The issues and fault rest solely with the attacker and no amount of enforced behaviour modification on woman will change that or make them safer from the degenerates to do these horrid things. Surely it’s better to look into making the punishment for committing such atrocities so severe that the thought alone would terrify any would be attacker into getting help, rather then risk what will happen to them if they offend?"

Well said

By *allySlinkyWoman 25 weeks ago

Leeds

"There are so many dodgy people about to be a lady at night on your own,I would think very hard about your safety. "

Are you suggesting single women should never go out at night ?

Chelmsford

Dress plays an important part in the signals we send out. Business suits, shirt and tie being one. In the 70s if you wore oxblood doc martens and the bover boy Harrington jacket you would be seen as aggressive. No different on a night out. Blend in and don't stand out. Toms guidance to all sexes and genders is, dont bring attention to yourselves and don't stand out. It might not stop every attack but you won't know how many attacks that are prevented.

By *stwo2023Couple 25 weeks ago

Worcester

"Dress plays an important part in the signals we send out. Business suits, shirt and tie being one. In the 70s if you wore oxblood doc martens and the bover boy Harrington jacket you would be seen as aggressive. No different on a night out. Blend in and don't stand out. Toms guidance to all sexes and genders is, dont bring attention to yourselves and don't stand out. It might not stop every attack but you won't know how many attacks that are prevented. "

I think you should go see that exhibit that shows what people were wearing when they were attacked.

Evie

"Dress plays an important part in the signals we send out. Business suits, shirt and tie being one. In the 70s if you wore oxblood doc martens and the bover boy Harrington jacket you would be seen as aggressive. No different on a night out. Blend in and don't stand out. Toms guidance to all sexes and genders is, dont bring attention to yourselves and don't stand out. It might not stop every attack but you won't know how many attacks that are prevented. "

What alot of shit

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

It's safer to get a taxi now than it ever was.

The company you call, tell you the colour , the make and the registration of the car coming to you.

Just never get in an unmarked car AND always leave your own phone on trackable.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

The ONS also outlined the groups most likely to be victims of violent crime. The TCSEW showed that in the year ending March 2022, men were more likely to be victims of violent crime than women ...

Make sure she picks you up in the dead of night when you are out

By *red333Man 25 weeks ago

Dorchester

"It's safer to get a taxi now than it ever was.

The company you call, tell you the colour , the make and the registration of the car coming to you.

Just never get in an unmarked car AND always leave your own phone on trackable.

"

Damn I'd never ever have a phone tracked its my pet hate so I'm a gonna, if i ever considered getting a taxi which of course i wouldn't

somerset

wow what a bullshite statement ... blend in and you'll be ok ???? one thing ive never done is blend in and never will and your views on skinheads is totally flawed most skinheads 70s to now are what we like to call trojan skinheads theres not a racist bone in their body and they dont look for trouble neither ... you can not go around stereotyping people ... be normal blend in i bet you have the same view of those that say women who wear short skirts deserve what they get ...

thats whats wrong with today to many people are following the mass just what the powers above want stuff that ill stay me i aint no sheep

By *esparate danMan 25 weeks ago

glasgow

"Dress plays an important part in the signals we send out. Business suits, shirt and tie being one. In the 70s if you wore oxblood doc martens and the bover boy Harrington jacket you would be seen as aggressive. No different on a night out. Blend in and don't stand out. Toms guidance to all sexes and genders is, dont bring attention to yourselves and don't stand out. It might not stop every attack but you won't know how many attacks that are prevented.

wow what a bullshite statement ... blend in and you'll be ok ???? one thing ive never done is blend in and never will and your views on skinheads is totally flawed most skinheads 70s to now are what we like to call trojan skinheads theres not a racist bone in their body and they dont look for trouble neither ... you can not go around stereotyping people ... be normal blend in i bet you have the same view of those that say women who wear short skirts deserve what they get ...

thats whats wrong with today to many people are following the mass just what the powers above want stuff that ill stay me i aint no sheep "

Were you a skinhead pal

By *adCherriesCouple 25 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Overreacting... its mind-boggling that women can run the household, childcare, work and everything in-between but can't get a taxi.

Mrs

Chelmsford

"Dress plays an important part in the signals we send out. Business suits, shirt and tie being one. In the 70s if you wore oxblood doc martens and the bover boy Harrington jacket you would be seen as aggressive. No different on a night out. Blend in and don't stand out. Toms guidance to all sexes and genders is, dont bring attention to yourselves and don't stand out. It might not stop every attack but you won't know how many attacks that are prevented.

thats whats wrong with today to many people are following the mass just what the powers above want stuff that ill stay me i aint no sheep

Were you a skinhead pal"

No but I dress modestly and rarely attract unwanted attention or aggression. Tom suggests the same..

Reading

Being blind d*unk whatever gender you are is not very smart.

By *weetiepie99Woman 25 weeks ago

cardiff

"Overreacting... its mind-boggling that women can run the household, childcare, work and everything in-between but can't get a taxi.

Mrs "

Not mind boggling at all. She didn't say can't get a taxi, chooses not too because she feels uncomfortable. It doesn't stop me getting a taxi, but i feel uncomfortable too due to bad experiences in the past.

Chelmsford

"Overreacting... its mind-boggling that women can run the household, childcare, work and everything in-between but can't get a taxi.

Mrs

Not mind boggling at all. She didn't say can't get a taxi, chooses not too because she feels uncomfortable. It doesn't stop me getting a taxi, but i feel uncomfortable too due to bad experiences in the past."

Travel in pairs

By *weetiepie99Woman 25 weeks ago

cardiff

Mrs

Not mind boggling at all. She didn't say can't get a taxi, chooses not too because she feels uncomfortable. It doesn't stop me getting a taxi, but i feel uncomfortable too due to bad experiences in the past.

Travel in pairs "

Not always possible

Chelmsford

Mrs

Travel in pairs

Not always possible"

Plan ahead

By *iver_lover_6969Man 25 weeks ago

South Liverpool

Users are pretty safe nowadays? Suppose as a man it's hard for me to appreciate how a woman would feel though

By *imi_RougeWoman 25 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I don't have a problem with any of the local cab services, I always order through the app though. That way you can track someone's journey.

By *inkyycurvyyWoman 25 weeks ago

Manchester

I get taxis alone all the time if you use an app like uber or bolt they're pretty safe as you have all their information to hand and can easily report them if they did anything

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 25 weeks ago

little house on the praire

I have no problem. I live in a small town with reputable taxi services.

By *adCherriesCouple 25 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Im sure some people live on a different planet called 'social media hysteria'

Mr

» Add a new message to this topic