FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should you be on fab…

Should you be on fab…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ore_Please81 OP   Woman 26 weeks ago

Edinburgh

If you are not actively meeting?

Personally just now I am not looking to meet but happy to chat,make connections and new friends.

I have my reasons and I don’t meet anyone until we have a rapport, a connection and I know our kinks and personalities align ….and even then it’ll be a social or two.

But today I’ve had a lot of “why are you even on fab”!

I’m happy with my boundaries and find this place generally full of lovely sex positive people but curious what peoples thoughts are.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

"If you are not actively meeting?

Personally just now I am not looking to meet but happy to chat,make connections and new friends.

I have my reasons and I don’t meet anyone until we have a rapport, a connection and I know our kinks and personalities align ….and even then it’ll be a social or two.

I’m happy with my boundaries and find this place generally full of lovely sex positive people but curious what peoples thoughts are. "

Let's face it Fabs a darn site more interesting than any other social media I'm on ! Forums are fun and occasionally I get a message I can reply too.

By *oulderingBearMan 26 weeks ago

Falme

Forums are fun indeed.

Not pics always good to check out.

By *lue RascalMan 26 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

You don’t owe anyone an explanation. If you’re having fun then tell them to sod off

By *rill PhilMan 26 weeks ago

Crediton

I don't meet. Though that is not through choice! I enjoy the forums, and I have spoken to some really awesome people on here.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 26 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

If you were really happy with your boundaries you wouldn't feel the need to seek approval or disapproval.

The only opinion that matters is yours.

By *mber SkiesWoman 26 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

I’m happy with my boundaries and find this place generally full of lovely sex positive people but curious what peoples thoughts are.

Let's face it Fabs a darn site more interesting than any other social media I'm on ! Forums are fun and occasionally I get a message I can reply too. "

By *ilverfox for youMan 26 weeks ago

Hull

Well predominately this site is for hooking up for sex .simple as that really .a minority are looking just to chat .I’m sure you will find the odd one or two.it is what it is .

By *midnight-Woman 26 weeks ago

I don't think fab rules include a minimum number of suggested meets to have each month

By *icecouple561Couple 26 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I find it amusing that so many people think that fab should be run according to their criteria

this place would be pretty empty if you were only aloud on here if you were actively meeting

By *obilebottomMan 26 weeks ago

All over

Nothing to do with anyone else for sure

Edinburgh

Let's face it Fabs a darn site more interesting than any other social media I'm on ! Forums are fun and occasionally I get a message I can reply too. "

Yes much more interesting

Edinburgh

"You don’t owe anyone an explanation. If you’re having fun then tell them to sod off "

The BLOCK button has been heavily used today

By *lderflowerappleWoman 26 weeks ago

Basingstoke

Why am I even on Fab?

To interact with engaging and interesting people who might have a similar outlook on life, or interests, to my own... isn't that what any form of social media is for?

Sadly there seems to be an increasing number of users now who take the approach that if one doesn't use Fab the same way, or for the same reasons that they do, then one must be a timewaster or not 'genuine'.

By *ustamanMan 26 weeks ago

weymouth

Folks have lots of different reasons some will be largely for the social side - if it's not hurting anyone what's the issue

Edinburgh

"If you were really happy with your boundaries you wouldn't feel the need to seek approval or disapproval.

The only opinion that matters is yours."

I wasn’t seeking approval at all just curious what the consensus was

By *leasinglipznhipsWoman 26 weeks ago

You do what pleases you hun, without needing to explain yourself to ppl who don’t even have your phone number.

Edinburgh

"I don't think fab rules include a minimum number of suggested meets to have each month

"

Thankfully!!!

By *rgasmicChemistryCouple 26 weeks ago

east coast

Me and H got a right dickhead message off a couple telling us we shouldn't be on here if we are not meeting people let's just say H went crazy at them told them to go f.ck themselves then blocked them lol x J

By *ravelling_WilburyMan 26 weeks ago

Beverley

Do as you wish, OP

[Removed by poster at 03/04/24 13:47:48]

You don’t have to explain yourself. People are on here for a whole host of different reasons.

By *midnight-Woman 26 weeks ago

"I don't think fab rules include a minimum number of suggested meets to have each month

Thankfully!!! "

Just imagine if it did how many would you sign up for?

I’m happy with my boundaries and find this place generally full of lovely sex positive people but curious what peoples thoughts are. "

They are getting upset because you have boundaries and respect them.

By *rcoupleCouple 26 weeks ago

Mid Glam

Fab like swinging is what you want it to be for you.

Weve had conrsct fron people that dont want to meet but chat/cam.

We're concentratingnon clubs atm and have had some faff off peopelw as we are not doing social meets with/as a couple 1 on 1.

By *r TriomanMan 26 weeks ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Of course people that state that they aren't meeting should be on this site, Fab has something for everyone.

Although, people that aren't meeting do mess up my searches so I will block them to prevent looking at there profiles time after time; I've a terrible memory so I find that this is the best way

By *izandpaulCouple 26 weeks ago

merseyside

I think everyone can get out of FAB whatever they want. Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else.

My only concern is when folks arrange meets they have no intention of showing up.

We aren't really interesting in chatting but use the site for parties, holidays and weekends away.

The holiday forum is great as is "see who's near" when on hols.

As for seeking long term friends, not for us.

We are intrigued how anyone would introduce people from FAB to their vanilla friends.

By *eliWoman 26 weeks ago

Yes.

You do you.

I've not been actively looking for a few months now. I'm good. I've never had it questioned before though. Don't engage. Don't explain if you don't want to.

By *erlins5Man 26 weeks ago

South Fife

Can is whatever you want it to be... With the emphasis on the word you. Plenty of people here not meeting but just posting pics for fabs, or only go on cams, or married but "single" guys just here to wank while wife isn't around etc. etc. So do what ever you want here.

Edinburgh

"Well predominately this site is for hooking up for sex .simple as that really .a minority are looking just to chat .I’m sure you will find the odd one or two.it is what it is ."

I’d say it’s a 50/50 split. I think lots of people forget that being sexual doesn’t mean you want to have lots of sex

By *issmorganWoman 26 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Yes you should.Some like uploading pics, others the forums.

I'm the same, not currently meeting, I do say so early on in my profile too.

Anyone can use the site how they choose, as long as they're not deceiving others ie pretending they're meeting when they're not sort of thing.

By *ora the explorerWoman 26 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I hardly ever meet anyone new. I’ve never been questioned why I’m here though, that I can remember. If I was I’d just ignore. Nowt to do with anyone else.

Edinburgh

They are getting upset because you have boundaries and respect them."

Xxx

Edinburgh

"Yes.

You do you.

I've not been actively looking for a few months now. I'm good. I've never had it questioned before though. Don't engage. Don't explain if you don't want to. "

Oh I’m not, just makes me dig my heels in more

I'm not eating takeaways right now but I've still got Uber Eats, nothing wrong with looking at the menu until you're hungry again.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 26 weeks ago

Leeds

Yes, we are here and not actively meeting - it's very clear on our profile.

Fab is a bit of fun and life takes over sometimes, doesn't mean I should vanish every time I decide not to meet for a bit.

Mrs

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 26 weeks ago

St Leonards

Yup. Your profile text is clear that you're not meeting, and it's not hidden away in Paragraph 38, Clause C), Subsection 1ii because you have a very easy to read and brief profile.

So it's all on them for being numpties.

By *rill PhilMan 26 weeks ago

Crediton

Thankfully!!!

Just imagine if it did how many would you sign up for? "

There would be about 3 men on here!

By *imply DeeWoman 26 weeks ago

Wherever

The only people who shouldn’t be on Fab are those who feel it’s ok to tell someone what they think others should be doing.

My usual response (as if) is “I am meeting but I don’t want to meet you.”, followed by a prompt block.

By *ornyfriendlygentlemanMan 26 weeks ago

Mid-Sussex

basically I am always looking for a meet but the way it is for a single man it's not possible.

By *lam rockerMan 26 weeks ago

Tain

I wouldn't worry, most men on here aren't actively meeting either!

By *onningtonplumberMan 26 weeks ago

Donnington

Why am I on fab.

Well to meet female or couple for swinging sex.

Should I be.

Maybe maybe not I am married, my wife has been ill now for 5 years which means no sex at home. She has told me to go elsewhere but does not want to know about it.

What do I get from fab.

Well I'm. Mainly in the stories and fantasies forum, have had occasional conversations with some interesting folk but no meets as yet, I guess I'm a bit marmite as I am married and limited as to times I can meet.

How did I get here.

Previously here with an ex and for a few years with my wife before her illness. I know the crack so to speak so happy to chat and browse in the hope a meet might happen.

By *illan-KillashMan 26 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"

Thank fuck for that, I was about to check the small print.

I guess I'm the same as most people, my profile's written to attract the type of people who'll be attracted to my profile. Does that even make sense?

It details what I'm hoping to find, if that's not my visitors then I trust they'll have the good sense not to message me.

Each to their own. I'd never be daft enough to ask people who aren't what I'm looking for "why are you even here"

By *loriouscurvesWoman 26 weeks ago

West Lothian

Everyone has a different reason for being on here and uses fab in different ways.

Some can’t seem to get their head around that, well it’s definitely a way of sorting out who you want to chat to on here

I’m not well just now and have plastered all over my profile that I’m not meeting but some think that doesn’t apply to them

So you do exactly what you want to do it’s your fab experience not theirs x

By *ellhungvweMan 26 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I default to assuming people are in the site to meet. If people don’t want to meet then that is perfectly fine but I do think that people should not get their knickers in a twist if others get in contact about a meet.

By *iscean_dreamMan 26 weeks ago

Llanelli

It's ok to be here just to chat I think and maybe meet in the future if get on well

By *atrick SwanseaMan 26 weeks ago

Swansea

I shouldn’t be on here but it’s here we find others that are like we are. Like finds like

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 26 weeks ago

Southampton

"I'm not eating takeaways right now but I've still got Uber Eats, nothing wrong with looking at the menu until you're hungry again."

What a brilliant analogy

By *BWLOVER1965Man 26 weeks ago

My Own Little World

We are all on fab for our own reasons if you are happy who gives a flying fig what anyone one else thinks or says

Just enjoy yourself and be happy

Only my opinion of course

By *alcon77Man 26 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

To post nude photos

Chat on forums

Mingle with other kinkskers, here and in the real world..

That kind of thing

Edinburgh

"I'm not eating takeaways right now but I've still got Uber Eats, nothing wrong with looking at the menu until you're hungry again.

What a brilliant analogy"

Hehe just spat my tea out x

You don't owe anyone an explanation, people can choose to meet or not.

I only very occasionally meet. And enjoy the forums, some chat and the pictures etc.

There are those that just think it's deliveroo for getting sex .... they are mistaken and the block button is designed for them.

By *imisugarWoman 26 weeks ago

Rugby

Definitely acceptable even if you don't want to meet.

By *ltrMan 26 weeks ago

sheffield

Why should you not be on here if you just chat its fine most of us do anyway I used to go to attic sometimes just to chat to some others and to have a perv if i got lucky it was a bonus

By *ltrMan 26 weeks ago

sheffield

[Removed by poster at 03/04/24 15:16:04]

By *lym4realCouple 26 weeks ago

plymouth

100% Upto you and we hardly ever meet nowadays neither ? and refuse to go to the clubs ? and if we want to meet up we meet up though unlike a large majority down here it seems ( going by the updates anyway) and we have to at least be in the ball park of wanting the same knd of meet/stuff or singing from the same hymn sheet basically aswell ! and used to be more of a social site/let's have a chat and then see thing but now overwhelming think it's a swingers site so everyone's at it like rabbits 24/7 but some of us do attempt to have a life outside of this and have jobs/children/friends and even some family ?

By *hagTonightMan 26 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I mostly just use fab for the forum, it is comedy gold

By *ecadent_DevonMan 26 weeks ago

Okehampton

I don’t actively search for meets any more. I keep in touch with a few old friends and perve a little.

I get the occasional message which sometimes I act upon. I sent my first message, a few weeks ago, in years which was deleted unread ( ) which brought a wry smile.

Fab the way you want to fab OP. It’s an online community of sorts and we all have different ways of interacting

By *rucey_BigBallsMan 26 weeks ago

London

It's a free market baby!

If I lose the "want" to meet anyone then I leave. I leave regularly.

Did you message them ? No. So they got in touch with you….

Unless your profile says you looking for …age etc, couples etc…, and misleads people to think that you might be up for meeting…. I don’t know why people have got to shove their noses into your business why you are on here.

By *nnCeeWoman 26 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

So, let me see I've got this right...

Someone threw their toys out of the proverbial pram because they didn't read your profile, asked you to meet, then replied again when you told them you aren't meeting?

Sounds about right with some of the people on here!!

As others have said, you do you - there's no rules or regulations as to how you choose to use Fab (aside from if someone is being a complete ass-hat, or, you know, trying to sell themselves or other things).

People, am I right?!

By *sWyldWoman 26 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I am rarely looking to meet but I genuinely don't care what randoms think about how or why I use the site.

Edinburgh

Someone threw their toys out of the proverbial pram because they didn't read your profile, asked you to meet, then replied again when you told them you aren't meeting?

As others have said, you do you - there's no rules or regulations as to how you choose to use Fab (aside from if someone is being a complete ass-hat, or, you know, trying to sell themselves or other things).

People, am I right?! "

You’re right x

By *empest2KMan 26 weeks ago

Derby

Being on Fab is more than just meeting people in person, in my humble opinion. It's about being involved within a community of swingers, learning about the lifestyle and — more importantly — learning more about yourself.

Technically, you are meeting people, albeit virtually to begin with.

Personally, I think it's your choice to be on Fab, not someone else's. People are entitled to their opinion but that doesn't mean it should be yours, in my humble opinion.

Either way, if you're enjoying Fab and what it offers, then good for you and stick to what you're comfortable with

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 26 weeks ago

your head

I used to get a lot of that too, I just ignore it. No one is entitled to an explanation as to how others use the site. As long as no rules are being broken, people can use the site how they like, I certainly don't explain to people why I'm here or what I'm doing.

By *red333Man 26 weeks ago

Dorchester

Its fine the way you do it I'm much the same

By *aiseiMan 26 weeks ago

Birmingham

"You don’t owe anyone an explanation. If you’re having fun then tell them to sod off "

This

By *iss.Bella.Woman 26 weeks ago

North Wales

Sounds like bitter people that were hoping for a meet to me.

We all go through stages where life is busy and meets take a backseat. No one's business but yours

By *iddlesticksMan 26 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

Fab works just great for me. I chat and flirt with some gorgeous people, and there doesn’t seem to be an issue that I want nothing more to rip Bella’s clothes off, errrr I mean there clothes off, I think we can all deal with it not happening.

Yet

By *agnar73Man 26 weeks ago

Glasgow

I see nothing wrong with that and if it’s working for you then fair enough.

By *ealitybitesMan 26 weeks ago

Belfast

I've been challenged on the forums about why I'm here if I don't call myself a swinger.

I've been asked what the point is in being here if I'm not currently meeting.

I don't respond to stupid questions.

By *iss.Bella.Woman 26 weeks ago

North Wales

"Fab works just great for me. I chat and flirt with some gorgeous people, and there doesn’t seem to be an issue that I want nothing more to rip Bella’s clothes off, errrr I mean there clothes off, I think we can all deal with it not happening.

Yet "

Hang on, who said it's not happening?

By *ophieslutTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Central

If course you can be. It's not - yet - in any United Nations treaty of human rights etc that people here must be free and able to meet anyone here, as and when they want to.

Preferences rule!

By *entleswinger69Man 26 weeks ago

exeter

good on you! I won’t meet until there is a connection there and definitely social first

By *elboy1978Man 26 weeks ago

Jarrow

Would be nice to have a meet

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 26 weeks ago

little house on the praire

I've not been meeting for four years and noone has ever questioned me.

It's noone else's business

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 26 weeks ago

Bradford

Very good questions. In here for forums friends and to offer advise to anyone who want to discover what bdsm Can give them .but never been to club not interested in swinging or fucking anyone else .

By *odevilWoman 26 weeks ago

exeter

I think the main criteria for whether or not you should be on fab is that you want to be on fab.

The end

By *ife NinjaMan 26 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Probably not. Passed my sell by date and there's infinitely better looking fellas on here. I like the banter, and find club nights. There are fantastic people here, I wish more lived nearer

By *emidemiWoman 26 weeks ago

basingstoke

Everyone has their own reasons for using fab, and shouldn’t care about how other people use it. Some (if not most) are here for meets/socials, some are here for forums, some for the live cams etc.

It’s crazy to try and police the way another person uses the site

By *hoirCouple 26 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Swinging is about friends and company more than sex. We've grown up around it and crave that.

C

By *xfordjohnMan 26 weeks ago

Oxford

"I think the main criteria for whether or not you should be on fab is that you want to be on fab.

The end "

Nailed it!

By *eroLondonMan 26 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I've been challenged on the forums about why I'm here if I don't call myself a swinger.

I've been asked what the point is in being here if I'm not currently meeting.

I don't respond to stupid questions. "

Ah, but dear fellow — can you put a Rowntree's™ Fruit Pastille in your mouth without chewing it?

By *nnCeeWoman 26 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

People, am I right?!

You’re right x"

By *enrietteandSamCouple 26 weeks ago

Staffordshire

No.

Leave now

» Add a new message to this topic