FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How should a newbee be training?

How should a newbee be training?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 26 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I think that it depends what your goals are, but one thing in common no matter what the goal are is that I would say, especially in the first year of training, the main thing is to get used to the machines of how they work and to build up on being a consistent gym goer, because being consistent is the key, don't start of with training too hard as it could easily discouraged you to continue, start of easy and gradually train harder.

What is your view about it, do you agree and what advice do you have to new gym goers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *onameyet2Man 26 weeks ago

chorley

Don’t use my fucking weights and machines

By *ellhungvweMan 26 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Turn up and then keep turning up. I agree OP that consistency is the key. Everything else is irrelevant if you are not actually there.

[Removed by poster at 03/04/24 10:30:53]

"Turn up and then keep turning up. I agree OP that consistency is the key. Everything else is irrelevant if you are not actually there."
Yes, consistency is the key too

By *midnight-Woman 26 weeks ago

Hi Shag.... I'm thinking of going back to my old gym - I've got a 30 day free pass that i might activate tomorrow.

Since my training partner died, I've found it really difficult to stay in a routine... Any tips on how to be intentional and motivated??

Midnight

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

"I think that it depends what your goals are, but one thing in common no matter what the goal are is that I would say, especially in the first year of training, the main thing is to get used to the machines of how they work and to build up on being a consistent gym goer, because being consistent is the key, don't start of with training too hard as it could easily discouraged you to continue, start of easy and gradually train harder.

What is your view about it, do you agree and what advice do you have to new gym goers? "

Health and safety paramount

"Turn up and then keep turning up. I agree OP that consistency is the key. Everything else is irrelevant if you are not actually there."

Couldn’t agree more, make it habit and it will not only stick in your routine but it will become something you look forward to doing

"I think that it depends what your goals are, but one thing in common no matter what the goal are is that I would say, especially in the first year of training, the main thing is to get used to the machines of how they work and to build up on being a consistent gym goer, because being consistent is the key, don't start of with training too hard as it could easily discouraged you to continue, start of easy and gradually train harder.

What is your view about it, do you agree and what advice do you have to new gym goers?

Health and safety paramount"

A proper talk about the gym and what each piece of equipment is for

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 26 weeks ago

manchester

What is your view about it, do you agree and what advice do you have to new gym goers? "

Did you just ask and answer your own question? We get it you go to the gym but don’t be such a vegan about it!

See if their is a instructor

"Hi Shag.... I'm thinking of going back to my old gym - I've got a 30 day free pass that i might activate tomorrow.

Since my training partner died, I've found it really difficult to stay in a routine... Any tips on how to be intentional and motivated??

Midnight "

Hi midnight, sorry for the loss there and yes it can be a hard time to stay in a routine during that time too. I think that watching training videos is a good way to stay and get motivated as well.

Health and safety paramount"

Hi becs and yes, you are right there that health and safety is paramount too

Well that's wasn't the training I was thinking about !

[Removed by poster at 05/04/24 20:27:41]

"Turn up and then keep turning up. I agree OP that consistency is the key. Everything else is irrelevant if you are not actually there.

Couldn’t agree more, make it habit and it will not only stick in your routine but it will become something you look forward to doing "

Yes, you are right there, to make a habit of it too.

» Add a new message to this topic